The Throwdown

All may join the arcade fun

Wanna roleplay out those big events? House parties, football games, wrestling matches, and even prom can all be found right here! Feel free to post your own events, and make sure to jump into others as well!
Yossarian†

Post by Yossarian† »

JULIA CHANG WINS!

"Damn... Looks like arcade controllers are nothing like the console ones after all..."

That was ownage. Mike could have excuse himself with bad weather, injury suffered on a soccer practice, headache, different controls, or really whatever, but he decided not to. Mike wasn't really good in describing himself, his strong and weak sides, but the one perk he knew he had was definitely ability to admit defeat when it came. He was beaten up (badly) fair and square.

"Well, that was an ass whooping. I need to train some more, and maybe in the future, I'll win at least one round." The Pole smiled at Janet, but before he could say something more, her phone rang, and it looked like, she had to go somewhere.

"Oh, ok then. See you later. Hopefully in a more even match."

Janet walked away, and Mike turned to the other two competitors.

"Ok guys and girls... Your turn. Since Janet left, what are we going to do? Still play everyone with everyone, or the winner of your game takes all, as my ass got kicked just a second ago?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Yossarian. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Badb†

Post by Badb† »

Dom looked around for a second or two, spotting the Ghost Squad machine in the corner, which was empty for once.

I'll have to go on that on the way out, then.

Dom looked back at the game, and noticed that it was almost over. The girl was beating the metalhead, and by a huge ammount too. Dom wanted to say something along the lines of "dude, you're getting owned!" or "man, that's kinda cool" but restrained himself -Afterall, Tekken was nothing if not unpredictable.

"... Aren't you that guy from the alley? With a box?"

Dom turned his head away from the screen, the girl he'd seen earlier was talking to him.

"Yeah, I guess." Dom sighed, and scratched the back of his head. "I'm Dom, by the way."

By the time Dom looked back, the match was long over, and the girl had won.

The girl left soon after, and Dom waved goodbye.

"Ok guys and girls... Your turn. Since Janet left, what are we going to do? Still play everyone with everyone, or the winner of your game takes all, as my ass got kicked just a second ago?"

"Well, I got enough change for a few games." Dom said, reaching into his pockets "I'll play both of you."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Badb.
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

And, soon enough, the other girl had won.

Carol's face grew an even bigger smile. Man, was that a good match!

But, the girl had to leave, due to her cell going off. Aw, poo! And she looked like a good match. Carol wondered how she would have done against her. But, she seemed as if Carol could one day catch up with her. In fact... she glanced around at the others there. She had a feeling everyone was from Bayview.

"Well, since she left... how about we continue on?" Carol said, but the guy she had been playing against had already commented on that.

But, then the guy from the alley was talking to her. Dom, that was his name! Not a bad one, either. Also, based on what the other guy said, the girl's name was Janet. Carol found it necessary to introduce herself too, and did.

"Name's Carol Burke. I'm sorry I..."

But then she stopped herself, and, with a small shake of the head, spoke again.

"Let's start this, right? How about everyone fights everyone? That way it will be fair. I'm able to!"

At that, she reached into the pocket of her jeans, and although she didn't take them out, moved the quarters around inside. But, there was still a crushing question that needed to be asked.

"Who shall be fighting who next?"

Carol paused a moment to think of something, and then...

It hit her.

"We could do Rock-Paper-Scissors, just so we know who's up next."

Would that work? Depends. Sometimes it took a while, really. But, it could solve the problem of finding out who went next, unless there was already a way to fix it.
Yossarian†

Post by Yossarian† »

Mike friendly chuckled under his nose, as the girl proposed rock-paper-scissors to determine the next match. He had much easier solution to the problem.

"That won't be necessary." He smiled. "You go first. I played just a second ago, so it's only fair to give others the chance to play. After that, I can play with the loser, as I..." The Pole coughed theatrically to emphasize his crushing defeat, while ago. "...Lost my match. And then, I'll play with the remaining person. Sounds good?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Yossarian. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Badb†

Post by Badb† »

"Alright," Dom said, cracking his knuckles. "I hope I can remember some combos."

Dom walked up to the machine, threw his jacket on the floor by his feet (all of his things were in his jeans anyway) and put some more money in. He turned around and chuckled, looking at his two remaining opponents.

"I bet the guys who run this place'll be making a killing today."

Turning back round, Dom saw that he'd accidentally knocked the start button, and the game was already counting down the seconds to choose a character.

SHITSHITSHIT

Dom fumbled to the joystick and selected Eddie Gourdo. Eddie was banned in most tournaments, but this wasn't really a tournament, and he sorta doubted that the metalhead and that Carol girl would know that. He could just claim his hand slipped, anyway.

"Uh, Clocks ticking guys."

Dom smiled, and waited for his opponent to choose her character.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Badb.
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

No Rock Paper Scissors?

Well, fine by her! Again, Carol was willing to go with whatever, and this idea seemed better! It was more fair, and made more sense. Who's to say that the same person would end up going over... and over...

It was silly of her to not think of that, really!

"Alright, that works!" she agreed, turning her attentions to the machine.

And so, Dom dramatically (or so it looked to Carol) removed his jacket, and started up the machine, and soon enough, picked his character. Today, it seemed he was playing as Eddy Gordo. As in, the Brazilian guy. And now it was time for Carol to pick!

And so, she quickly glanced at the screen, and made her choice. How about Nina Williams this time around? That could work. Either way, the clock was ticking, and she couldn't hesitate. At that, she confirmed her decision.

Now was the time for the fight to begin! Carol vs. Dom? Nina vs. Eddy? Who would win? Was Dom the kind of guy who just pressed buttons at random, hoping they would connect? Or was he the "tricky" type? Or even a mixture of the two? Well, she was about to find out the fastest way possible, that was for certain.

Who would win this battle? Who was the more powerful in this match? Carol wanted to figure out how exactly this match will play out.

Well, let's find out, yes?
Yossarian†

Post by Yossarian† »

((Terrible delay sponsored by Finals and drunken aftermath of party following them. Sorry for that. BTW, since Mike is just a spectator for now, if you need more than 2 post to finish the battle, you can skip me until it's finished.))

Mike looked at both competitors to see who will they select. He couldn't help but smile, as the boy selected Eddie Gordo. As a Capoeira practitioner himself, Mike always had a lot of interesting trivia about fighter with dreadlocks.

"Oh hey, it's Eddie! He's really fun to play, although he presents very 'alternative' Capoeira, to be honest. Most of his attacks here are either acrobatics, or shifts between stances, which are actually the only harmless moves in Capo.

Nonetheless, he's very good in this game. I even heard he is banned in some tournaments, though I don't think it's necessary. I mean, he's not as good as, for example, Devil Jin or Kazuya. Those are friggin' beasts..."

In the meantime, the girl picked the runner-up of the 'biggest Tekken bitch' contest, Nina (the winner was Anna of course), and the loading screen appeared on the machine. The game was about to begin, so Mike decided to shut his mouth and not disturb the players.
Badb†

Post by Badb† »

Wait, I won?

Dom honestly wasn't expecting his masterplan of button-mashing, a few simple, easy to remember combos, and a LOT of luck to work, but lo and behold, it had done, and he'd beaten Carol.

Even if he did feel kinda bad about beating the girl using one of the cheapest characters in the game.

Oh well, I can make it up to myself by beating the metalhead legitimately

"Well," Dom said, looking at Carol. "I guess I win this round, then."

He picked up his jacket, and put it back on. The arcade was a little cold, and he had no need for dramatics now.

...Yeah, I kinda was being melodramatic with the whole jacket removal thing.

"So," he said, zipping the jacket up, and taking a few steps back to roughly where he was standing prior to his match, far enough back that they couldn't use the excuse that he interfered with proceedings, "I guess it your turn, then."

This should be fun to watch.
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

Kick! Kick! Combo! Punch! KICK! COMBO!

All of Carol's usual strategies weren't working. But, was she having fun with this fight? Oh, you bet. It had been a long time before she last had this much fun while playing a fighting game. Heck, how long was it since she last fought someone?

But now, the screen was showing Eddy laughing and the words "EDDY WINS!".

Dang, she lost, huh?

Oh well. It was fun!

"Good game, Dom!" Carol grinned, as her opponent put his jacket back on.

Now who was next? Her mind tried to think of something, until Dom mentioned she and the other guy should fight. That's right! He did say he wanted to play the loser, after all!

Alright, it was time to fight again! Carol started the machine again, and chose Nina a second time. She wasn't sure if she was allowed to pick a different character, but it was better to be on the safe side and not break any unwritten rules, no?

"Let's start, yes?"
Yossarian†

Post by Yossarian† »

((for the sake of the pun, reminder: my last name is pronounced (oh irony!) 'Masher'))

Fight quickly ended with a victory of Eddy. No surprise here for Mike. Eddy was probably one of the easiest characters to smash random kick buttons for the win. But of course, as someone who just got his ass kicked several minutes ago, he shouldn't be making any kind of comments about that.

Now it was his turn again, this time with that... 'Slightly' overreacting girl... Or maybe just very energetic? Anyway, it looked like she really wanted to play quickly, as she already took the character for the next battle (Nina again). Mike stepped forward, lost another coin in the jaws of the heartless machine, and entered character select screen.

"Before we'll start..." Said Mike, as he selected Raven from character list, but didn't hit the confirmation button yet. "I believe I don't even know your name, and this is a good occasion to learn it." He extended his hand to make a friendly shake with the girl. "I'm Mike. Mike Maszer from Poland." Mike smiled, as he realized something. "Oh, but don't worry, I'm not an heir of an old button mashing gaming family. It's just a coincidence."

((Mike Maszer continued in Decisions, Decisions))
Badb†

Post by Badb† »

"I'm Mike. Mike Maszer from Poland."

Mike... Masher? The irony is killing me right now.

"Wow, With a name like that I can see how you ended up playing Tekken." Dom said, laughing slightly and then coughing. "Uh, yeah. I'm Dom Hoffman, from California."

Smooth, Dom, REAL smooth.

Dom sighed, and looked at a sign, noticing that the men's restroom was near the back. Knowing his luck, he'd probably need to 'go' midway through the match or something, so it was probably best if he removed that variable from the equation.

Mikey looks kinda tough, I might actually have a tough time beating him.

"Uh, I'll be right back." Dom said, starting to jog towards the door. "Just tell me who wins, okay."

Dom pushed open the restroom door and walked into one of the cubicles, closing the door behind him.

((Dom Hoffman continued in Decisions, Decisions))
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

Maszer of Poland, huh?

Well, even if he was from some sort of button mashing family, he still was no match for Carol Burke! Though... she did still lose to Dom...

"Name's Carol Burke, from Nevada. Nice to meet ya!" she exclaimed as she eagerly grabbed Mike's hand, shaking it thoroughly.

And now Dom, of California, introduced himself. Ah, so another person from towards the west. Well, Carol wasn't sure if there was anything for them to talk about that involved the west. But, it was nice meeting someone else from the Western States, right?

But now he was going to go to the bathroom. Sad.

"Alright, let's do this!" she cheerfully said to herself, getting the game started.

Now, what kind of player was Mike, now that she knew what Dom was like? Carol wanted to see if he would be another fun person to kick the rear end of, or be kicked in the rear end by. But, it was a fighting game! It was fun no matter what.

Now, Carol was in no way bad at fighting games. She had her experience, and was able to win a few good fights. But, today did not seem to be her lucky day, at all. She lost to Dom, after all. So, could she fight Mike? Possibly.

((Carol Burke continued in Girls Just Wanna Have Fun))

Return to “Events”