The Prime Time Of Your Life

Private

At one high point near the felled forest, the ground suddenly falls away, leaving a clear view of the sea, and a clear drop to the rocks below. This cliff, formed from crumbling ground caused by erosion, is a relative small area near the typically more gentle slopes, but still a potential hazard for the unwary.
Dropbear†

The Prime Time Of Your Life

Post by Dropbear† »

((Eve Walker-Luther continued from The start of something truly absurd))

And then the speakers screamed, jumping Eve awake with a swear.

"Shit."

How long had she been sleeping for? All the way through the night, at least. She had walked for half the night until she had to stop. Well, the top of a cliff was a perfect stopping point. And she was exhausted. She needed to sleep, people trying to kill her be damned. After having her child, walking was harder than ever, sleeping a luxury.
Countless phone calls had been received, stations checked and checked again, people met and discussed. And to be completely honest, Jack was at wits end. This was a nightmare. No. It wasn't even deserving of being called a nightmare. He had called in the parents on both sides to help look after Octavia while he kept watching and ringing other parents of students, the government agencies trying to solve everything. Her child. Eve felt a wave of guilt go over her. How the hell did she let this happen? Jack... Would he be watching her on TV, wondering as well? Could they have stopped this somehow? He said that he wanted her to relax, but... he still had that doubt, didn't he? Jack didn't think he'd be a good father at all. He always jokingly said that. He'd be thinking to himself what he could have done to had make her stay.
Frustrated, he slammed down the phone again. No-one knew what was going on. They couldn't even turn off the TV signals sending the sho- No. The terrorist attack. It wasn't a show. Not anymore. It was an execution. He had been up all night, watching people he had seen before. Murdered.
But it did happen. She went. And so she was sitting on top of a cliff-face, watching the sun rise over the water as the speakers went back to a deep sleep. Her life now destined to go though another day of tropical hell.
He should have stopped her. Should have stopped her from going. It was all his fault. She chuckled.

"It's not your fault, Jack. I wanted to go somewhere relaxing..."
He span and turned around. The TV. She knew what he was thinking?

Then again, she always knew.

He let out an empty chuckle.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Dropbear. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Fanatic†

Post by Fanatic† »

((Sarah Atwell continued from Conquistador))

Sarah had been running for so long now. The now long gone form of Ben Powell faded from her mind. All there was were trees and grass stretching as far as the eye could see. The night had waned on and Sarah had fled, her mind oblivious to the pain of her legs and the multitude of scratches and bruises from branches as she flew past them, crashing through the dark, heedless to any dangers that might spring forth from the ground. A single thought circled her mind again and again.

This is real, they are coming to kill me

The early morning light of the dawn crept through the trees, the mists coming in from the coast enveloping the bushes and ground the girl, the cool sensation of the dew rushing past her legs as she moved ever onwards, without destination in mind. Her legs had long since slowed to a jerky walk, moving forward on automatic now, her mind preoccupied elsewhere.

They are coming to kill me

A sudden slope upwards made Sarah stumble. She forward on her knees, once hand pushed out to slow her descent to the ground. The thin blades of grass felt smooth in her hand and she ran her fingers gently through them, feeling, for a second the cool, soft sensation brush against her shaking palm. She hadn't noticed it before, so far retreated in to her own mind, that she was freezing and now as her cognitive functions returned she couldn't help but shiver in the morning light. Her clothes were torn and ripped in many places and her feet ached like they had never before. She was sure that her face was muddied and her makeup smeared. Brushing a hair away from her face she felt something peel off, caked from the night but now becoming wet once more with the morning humidity.

A cold shiver ran down her neck as she slowly turned to look at her hand. Flecks of red blood were smeared across the palm and she opened her eyes wide as the memories from the night before flooded back to her.

Sarah had been standing near Paige when she was shot and a thin spray of blood has splashed on her face during the event. Scrambling back she frantically pawed at her face, desperately trying to rid herself of the ghastly substance that now seemed to soak in to every pore of her skin. A forceful sob jerked at her body as she suddenly stopped. A single thought eclipsing all other fears.

Coming to kill

Coming to kill

Coming to kill

Staring at her hands in disbelief Sarah began to laugh. A peel of giggling which one would normally associate with a love struck girl on a first date, innocent and joyus. "These students, they're not your friends"a venomous voice spoke to her. "They aren't people to worry about, they're just props, plaything in the Directors grand design"

Director? Sarah's laugh died in an instant as her face grew serious. If Danya was a director and this was a show, then what was she? Little more than a plaything, someone cast to die, to fade away without a whimper? No.

Kill

Kill

KILL

She may have had bickering parents, a brother gone to war, but she persevered. She did well enough in school, she once had a bright future and a loving boyfriend.

"But now", the voice whispered to her "but now, you will die. Your belongings sold, your family will move on, and you will be forgotten."

Outwardly it seemed as if she sat shocked, staring off in to the middle distance, but within her mind a battle raged.

"If Danya was the director then you are an actor, you are to play a part." The voice hissed, more feminine this time. More her.

Her mind twisted in on itself, perverting, corrupting the need. The need to escape, the need for this not to be real. She shook her head, her mind was blurred as if a great fog had been cast over everything the voice crooning in the back of her a guide, the only way out.

"You have been given a gift. A valuable prize. You worry for your family, perhaps your friends? Leave them, become what you must. Play your part."

A hand reached out from the void, a gnarled, twisted thing. Thin nails, chewed and horrible. Sarah shied away, the hand could lead out, out of this dark place, but she feared where it would take her.

"Become part of something greater. I am in you and I know what is best. Perhaps you may lose yourself, but what does it matter when a part of you will live on forever, remembered?"

Sarah found herself nodding as her heart beat once, twice. Tentatively she reached out for the hand. She did not want to fade away in to this mist. More than anything she did not want to fade in to nothingness. The hand closed around hers, soft, not at all like she thought. It felt... It felt like hers. She opened her mouth to scream but the claw pulled and she was gone.

"You are mine"

Sarah Atwell had long ago poured some of the Ketomine she had grabbed from the infirmary into one of the drink bottles, mixing it with the water inside when she happened across the stirring form of Eve. The girl hadn't noticed her approach and she let out a greeting, accompanied by a disarming smile, cheerful and friendly.

"Eve, how are you? You look thirsty. Here, have some water."

She held out the bottle, still beaming.

The thing that was Sarah Atwell would play her part.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Fanatic. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Dropbear†

Post by Dropbear† »

Resting her back against a tree, Eve watched the sun go higher. What was the time now? She had lost her watch somewhere, and her brain had always been wanting breakfast all the time. With a hard shrug, she bit into a cracker she pulled out before, chewing. It was quiet. For once, she just listened to the wind flowing through the woods, the crash of waves below.

And then there was a snap, a very familiar voice. Quickly she turned around, giving a gasp. "Sarah? Wow, never thought I'd see you again." The camera girl. She had filmed her dancing a few times, occasionally met on the street. Not friends, but close enough, an agreement. Giving a smile, she took the bottle of water and nodded. "Thanks... you OK? You look a bit pale, you know." Slowly she raised an eyebrow before taking a large gulp of the water. Looking closer at Sarah, she gave another gasp as she saw the dried blood on her face. "What happened?"
Jacob slowly frowned and stretched out on the couch. It was Sarah Atwel, all right. He had met her once before, before dancing, filming. She wanted to be a director or go into movies, a camerawoman. But here... here she just looked different. Like she was acting to a crowd, the conman...
He widened his eyes and gave a moan.
"Eve... nonono..."
She took another drink and blinked. Was it just her or did the blood... move? Eve tilted her head slightly, the blood moving with her... "What's... going on...?" Leaning to the left, she slowly started to sway, before giving a yelp as the ground came up to meet her. The water bottle flew through the air, going side down and slowly pouring into the earth. The pain didn't register. It was getting harder to think. Think. Come on, think.

Her. Sarah did it. Somehow... The... water... it didn't taste that good, did it?

Eve widened her eyes.

"Sarah?"
Swearing, he got up to his feet, scrambling over to a laptop and searching. Ketomine from the infirmary. There wasn't any other reason why she would collapse like that. She was quickly succumbing to the drug as he read. Hallucinations, numbing of nerves, sleepiness... it all depended on how much was in the bottle. He gave another moan. This wasn't happening. Couldn't be. Player. Attack. Now. Eve scrambled to the side of her bag, her body now aching to sleep, to rest. Feeling the metal grip of the sword, she stumbled forwards, clambering up, overbalancing, taking exaggerated steps, everything suddenly becoming a blur. She span around. Sarah... she didn't... she wouldn't...

She saw the motion. The tanned demon, black spikes behind her. Giving a yell, Eve ran forward and swung, the blade giving a zing through the air.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Dropbear. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Fanatic†

Post by Fanatic† »

Sarah took a step back as Eve swung wildly at her. The bottle falling from her nerveless fingers as she collapsed.. The beaming smile never left Sarah's face as her fellow student fell to the ground with a soft thump. Kneeling down she picked up the strangely curved sword from the ground and pointed it at the nape of Eve's neck.

Pausing for a second her brow furrowed momentarily and she placed the item in her pack. Unzipping Eve's duffel (Sarah had dropped hers long ago somewhere in the forest) she rummaged through the contents before pulling out a piece of bread and biting down on it. She sat down, cross-legged as the sun rose above the cliffs and mused.

It had taken her a while to find a good spot and Eve's body was both unwieldy and heavy for the girl. Sarah had dragged her maybe a few hundred metres to a small dip along the cliffs. The point had a good vantage of the immediate area but was reclusive enough that it was unlikely that they would be disturbed. It had taken her even longer to remove the tracksuit pants and tank top and then shred them to form ropes to bind the girls arms and legs to the nearby trees. Sarah was no girl scout but had taken some time to ensure the ropes were tight and binding. Her brother had shown her a few tricks before and she now put them to good use.

A thin groan signaled the stirring of life from Eve and Sarah sat up. The contents of the medical kit laid out delicately about the small grassy patch.

Smiling cheerfully at the groggy girl Sarah walked over to her. "Welcome back," she began before frowning slightly and looking at the camera's in the trees. Glancing back to Eve she continued. "Sorry about exposing you like this." She motioned to the bare stomach of the bound girl. "It's not about the sex, really." Pausing for a second she knelt down and stroked the side of Eve's face. "Although, I have to admit, you are very pretty."

Standing up once more she faced away from the immobile girl. "You know. I'm not the monster you think I am, doing all this. Plus who's to say you are any better? I have your profile from when I recorded your thoughts on graduation. Dancing the night away, a teenage pregnancy? You're a headline waiting to happen."

She bent down and picked up the scalpel from where it lay, alongside the contents of medical kit before continuing. "So I thought I'd do a little... preventive maintenance." Staring at the surgical implement Sarah pressed down slightly on the tip with her finger to check its sharpness. Satisfied she placed it back on the pile of gear that had be laid out before her before grabbing some gloves from the kit. She smiled back at Eve as she slipped them on to her fingers. "These things really stick."

Turning back to the gear she picked up the scalpel once more. "Ok, you know, we're all set now." She pointed at Camera, set up near Eve and piped up cheerfully, "I'm glad that I have this camera, cause this way you can watch everything." The video camera itself was pointing directly at Eve but the LCD screen was turned around so the struggling girl could see herself in crystal clear detail. Sarah smiled sadly and tilted her head slightly to the left as she watched Eve struggle against her bonds. "Come on Eve. I go to all this trouble to set this all up for you and you don't want to watch? That's not very considerate."

Leaning towards her captive Sarah was poised to cut. Just before she made her first incision she stared directly at the girl, looking perturbed momentarily. "I don't wanna go crazy here but... is this insane?

Am I insane?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Fanatic. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Dropbear†

Post by Dropbear† »

And then she was falling...
oh god oh god don't kill her please nononono i love her not like this nonono
The time seemed to tick on forever as that blade brushed Eve's neck, so close to taking away her soul before... the person frowned and put it away. Went to eat.

Jack gasped for air. He didn't realise he was holding onto his breath. What on earth was Sarah doing? She could have killed her. Right then and there...

And then his jaw dropped as everything went to hell.

"You sick fuck..."
Everything was blurred. It was like looking through a curtain, a veil of darkness. Giving a moan, she rose a hand to wipe the veil away...

...before realising that her hand wasn't moving. Eve frowned. Why wasn't it moving? She turned her head to see her hand tied up with something blue. Her other hand tied up as well on the other side. She tried to kick her legs, but nothing would dance...

"Welcome back."

Eve twisted her head up to see a blur of emotion, of something normal, yet... not quite there. Giving a half choke and trying to swallow with her dry, sandy mouth, she gave an incomprehensible gargle. Who was this person to hold her like this? She had rights, she had the right to dance, she wanted to dance again...

And then she felt the hand on her face, and everything snapped into focus.

"Sarah..."

She gritted her teeth and glared at her. The bitch had drugged her! And tied her up! With her own clothes- oh god i'm naked- wait, i've got my underwear on nevermind. Well, at least it was clean white underwear and not her polkadot- oh shit it's polkadot fuck fuck fuck.

"You bitch..."

Snarling, she struggled against the bonds, twisting her body. "Oh, so just because I have a child... I'm a danger to society now? Hah... that's a fucking laugh..." Finally, her mouth seemed to be working, all senses turning back on. She could feel the cold rock against her spine, hear the waves rushing under her, smell her own slightly drugged breath. Rotating her head, she could see the red blink of the camera recording, her own naked body against the rock, and she gave a small roar, trying to pull herself up.

"You're insane! What are you doing? WHY?!"
Fanatic†

Post by Fanatic† »

Sarah stood shocked as Eve launched her tirade of insults and abuse at her.

"I'm insane? I'm insane? I've seen what your idea of what a teenage girl should do with her day is, so don't get me started. As for why, well you know it's a show, and really every show has to have high and low points, otherwise people just. Won't. Watch."

Sarah slowly pushed the thin blade in to Eve's thigh, watching in rapt fascination as the blade sunk in to the soft skin and blood trickled out from the wound. As she pressed deeper Eve began to struggle more violently. Sarah drew back momentarily as she watched Eve strain against her bonds. "If you move too much I could nick an artery and you could bleed to death. So please don't move. I really need to have a steady hand."

She glanced over Eve's body slowly. "Now that the test was complete where should we start? I mean I'm sure Jack's watching so we want to give him a show don't we?"

Turning to the camera in the trees Sarah began to talk. "Dear Jack, my name is Sarah. I met this girl called Eve i think you know and she's soooo cute, and I'm so glad that I met her cause for a 17 year old like me this could be a huge break you know? Like it 's soooo hard to get in to the film industry, but with a good portfolio it's waaaay easier. I've never done anything like this before but from what I've seen it should be pretty easy right?"

Bending near Eve she whispered quietly in to her ear. "This will be your legacy. Your kid will thank me for this one day, I'm sure of it."

Flicking her hair back out of her eyes and with a look of determination Sarah resumed her work. Pushed deep in to the centre of Eve's chest she began to cut, and despite Eve's screams she didn't stop.
Dropbear†

Post by Dropbear† »

Eve widened her eyes and gave a small yelp as the blade dug in, the metal going in deep. With a snarl, she kicked her leg around and bit her lip. The nerves were screaming at her that something was wrong, that they were being attacked, before the blade rose again, letting Eve give a yell of "Fuck you!".
Jack gave a yell at the TV, all rationality gone. He was being told off by some idiot with a knife? Who the hell did she think she was? And... cinema? What?

"WHAT?!"

He rose from the chair and swore. This was insane. He didn't let her... No...
"Hey Jack! Don't listen to her! You gotta be strong now, do double the work. I know you can do it! Oh, and as for you," she gave a evil glare at her captor, "Fuck legacy, you murderer."

And she spat into Sarah's face. In hindsight, she probably shouldn't have done that, but she still didn't care. Sarah did nothing but wipe her face, push her hair back and hover the blade above her chest. Eve gave a final look of defiance and almost kicked Sarah while squirming. There was no way she was going to go out quietly. No, she was a fighter. She could do this all da-

OH GOD THE PAIN... wait, heh, it wasn't really that bad except for all the screaming and the blood and the pain oh wait AHHHHHHH

Eve thrashed about as the cold steel went slowly down the middle of her chest, making her scream in agony. While it was not as bad as child birth, it did rate up there as really painful and something that she wouldn't want to do again. She didn't even know why her mind was making up these dumb jokes, although it was kinda letting her mind off the pain. The pain, it made it feel like something completely different, as if she was there and somehow not. And as the blade let off, she gave a breathe and a slight giddy giggle.

"I think you cut something important..."

Looking at the miniature screen on the camera, she continued to chuckle. Red rosy blood flowed out of the long cut on her chest, running down to near her stomach, the liquid started to dribble onto the ground.

"Hey, you're a really crappy horror movie villain, you know that? I mean, you can't even cut me right!"

She started to laugh. To her, this was hilarious. What a way to go, some crazy bitch cutting her up like a doctor like from Saw. Maybe it was the lack of blood, but she just continued to smile and laugh at her captor, at the utter cheesiness of it.

"Come on! I deserve better than this! Kill me properly!"

And then she widened her eyes and gave a gasp as Sarah plunged the scalpel into her breast, more out of surprise than pain. Sarah's eyes had gone from playful and knowing to just one emotion: anger. Sarah rose the blade out, the blood flying into the air in an arc before stabbing again at her shoulder, making Eve wince at the cold going in. And again, her stomach, her chest, her arms, every stab a new coldness flowing into her, before something hot flowed out, down her body, making her groan.

Stab. Stab. Stab. Sarah kept stabbing. Blood splattered onto Eve's face, the warmth making her cold face red, her lips turning lighter blue, her skin going even whiter. She almost didn't notice that Sarah had slapped her, making her blurred vision appear. All feeling was going, the smell of blood disappearing, her hearing flickering in and out as Sarah screamed at her. Only a few seconds left, she thought. Only a few seconds before the end of her life.

Oh, what a life it was.

"Jack... Octavia... I love..."

Love... What a funny thing. All she could do now was think of them. Not any particular time with them. Just them.

And through the pain, she smiled as her heart pumped air into her veins, then into her brain, where she was watching Jack dance and holding Octavia forever.

Girl 84 - Eve Walker-Luther: ELIMINATED

And then it was all over.

He couldn't think. He couldn't feel. All he had in his mind was those last few words.

Love.

Closing his wet eyes, he hit the off button on the remote.

He loved her. And he was going to honor her.

Slowly, he picked up the phone again.

"Hey. Can you bring Octavia over? I'll look after her now. Thanks... no, I don't need help. Yeah. I'll look after her all by myself. OK... thanks..."
Fanatic†

Post by Fanatic† »

Sarah stared down at the cold dead eyes of Eve Walker-Luther. The girl had stopped breathing some time ago but Sarah had continue to stab and slice for a while after enraged at the girl's comments. She was not a crappy B grade movie villain. She was a Visionary. Her work would be seen by tens of thousands, her every move de-constructed in film classes around the globe and the girl had dared tease her while she was doing her work.

She had time to reflect back on it now, her breathing still heavy from the exercise. She took a moment to compose herself and smiled, looking back at the camera. "Phew, that was exhausting work." She would do better next time she vowed. She had momentarily let Eve get the better of her, and in that furor had almost ruined her debut. Then again even the best film crews make mistakes on their first movie. She would just edit it out later.

Still the glassy eyed stare of Eve somewhat unnerved the girl as she wiped down the scalpel in her hand. Thin trails of blood still trickled from the body and Sarah risked a brief look around as she packed up the gear in to Eve's duffel. A thin smearing of mud obscured the name of the girl but she had a contingency if anyone was to ask. She had been with Eve when she died and the girl had asked her to take her duffel.

The next bit was a little more tricky. She cut the thin strips of cloth holding the girl down and began to roll the body towards the cliff edge. Couldn't have people defacing her work now could she? It took some time as the combination of dead weight, the push uphill and the tiredness that ached in Sarah's limbs made for slow going. Eventually though she reached the top of the cliff and sat down next to the body staring out to the ocean. "You know Eve, we had fun you and I. And I promise I won't forget everything you've done for me. It's really appreciated. It really is. Anyway. I thought I'd send you out to sea and all, proper burial and all that cause well the grounds pretty tough here and I know a girl like you would truly appreciate me not wanting to mess myself up further by digging a hole."

With a heave she rolled Eve's body off the top of the cliff, watching it topple on to the rocks below, smashing against them before sinking beneath the waves. She gave a cheerful wave before returning to her own camera and dismantling it. Some footage would have to go, that was for sure but there was plenty she could use. Hoisting the duffel on her shoulder she took some time to work her way down to the water to clean up.

She washed the majority of the gore away from her arms and face and tucked away the gloves in to the bag as well before applying some foundation and combing her hair. The few personal upkeep items she did pack in her bag for the trip had been left there and she was thankful for the small kindness of that. She kept a little on her though, to ensure she could accurately sell a story of seeing Eve horribly murdered and barely escaping. As her routine finished she looked at herself in the small mirror in her pack. Despite her best efforts she looked tired and she would have to find somewhere to sleep. Moving to the area under the cliffs she found a small dip hidden away and quietly munched on the rations from Eve's bag before settling down to nap.

Sarah didn't sleep for too long, maybe six hours at most. Awake and refreshed she gathered her belongings and checked her map, before heading off southwards.

((Sarah Atwell continued in No News is Good News))

Return to “Northern Cliffs”