You're Gonna Go Far, Kid

[B138] - Start

The southern side of the felled forest is similar to the northern one, though it is more steeply sloped, angling up along the northern slope of the island’s central mountain. The footing is more treacherous here, with erosion having damaged much of the soil.
Hollyquin†

Post by Hollyquin† »

I need to fucking get out of here. I'm getting really sick of these stupid fucks.

Garrett groaned. Mister-faggy-accent was gone- good riddance, he was weaponless and utterly useless to Garrett at this point. He'd invited the other girl, the gunless one, to go with him, but unfortunately she'd hadn't gone. All Garrett really wanted was Rose- specifically, the protection Rose's gun gave him. The others could go fuck themselves as far as he was concerned. Hell, she could go fuck herself too, only he didn't want to use the gun. He only wanted to keep others from shooting him. So he needed someone else to handle the bang bang, shoot shoot, gunfight aspect of the game.

He'd break everyone else with his bare hands.

But now it was just him and the two girls. And- is this bitch fucking serious right now?- she'd plomped herself down on a tree stump and declared her boredom. Really? You're fucking BORED? This is SURVIVAL OF THE FUCKING FITTEST and you're BORED? Bitch, I'll knock you the fuck out and we'll see how bored you are. But there was that gun, getting in the way of his ideas again.

Instead Garrett took a few steps away from them, looking back.

"Plenty of excitement out there, I fuckin' bet. You two coming?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Hollyquin. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
KingKamor†

Post by KingKamor† »

With this knife, I won't be able to do much, will I? Jackie thought to herself. But if I check my weapon in my bag, and it happens to be a gun, then this group might start killing each other. Damn it, I was supposed to be roasting marshmallows and playing charades with the drama club on the trip! I'm supposed to be having fun with all of my friends right now! Why did all of this have to happen? Fuck this island, I want to go home!

"Fuck, I'm bored."

Her eyes widened. "Bored?" Jackie echoed Rose. She took a step towards the stump other girl was sitting on and grabbed her by the collar of her shirt, jerking her towards her so that they were face-to-face. "Sure, you have a gun, so you might be a little safer than me and him, but Jesus Christ, grow the fuck up and realize where you are! This isn't one of those bullshit Reality TV shows where everything is scripted, this is the real deal. That is a real gun. Some of the other kids here have probably already died by now! If you want to be entertained, then you'll only have to wait a little longer for everyone else to start shooting at you, because I'm sure that they would be happy to oblige you your entertainment while staying here on Survival of the Fittest Island Resort! But for now, you're with us, so keep your stupid comments to yourself!"

Once she realized what she had done, the color drained from her face. She usually never snapped at people like that, but all of her frustrations burst open at the seams upon hearing what Rose had said. More over, Rose had a gun, and Jackie only had her little knife. She kept her face as stern and angry as it was while she was shouting, using every ounce of acting experience she had to keep herself from shrinking in fear at Rose's given weapon.

Jackie let go of Rose's shirt and adjusted the bag strap on her shoulder. "Sorry about that. Now come on. We need you and you need us." With a bead of sweat sliding down the side of her head, she walked back to Garrett to join him. At that point, she had no idea what was going to happen because of her outburst, but it was already done and there was nothing that she could do about it.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler KingKamor. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Sean†

Post by Sean† »

Rose Codreanu's expression, for a few fleeting seconds, was the definition of pure shock. If there was an entry in the dictionary for "didn't see that coming," her face would be on the page. The fact that the other girl had apparently suddenly grown a pair of solid titanium balls threw a fairly large monkey wrench in her plan.

Gonna have to keep an eye on her, Rose thought to herself. She got up from the tree stump.

"Well, fucking pardon me for making an observation. Unlike you, I've somewhat come to terms with the fact that I'm probably not going to survive this, and I never thought awaiting a horrible death would be this god damned boring," she said, sublimating her horror into calm annoyance.

And from calm annoyance, arose determination.

"But enough of that. If I can put off my death for a while, I'll be happy with that result. Teaming up with you guys does seem like a good means to that," she said with a slight smirk. Rose did not like these two, and she had a gut feeling they didn't like her either. However, killing them could wait. They'd be fairly useful in the short term.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Sean. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Hollyquin†

Post by Hollyquin† »

"Sure, you have a gun, so you might be a little safer than me and him, but Jesus Christ, grow the fuck up and realize where you are! This isn't one of those bullshit Reality TV shows where everything is scripted, this is the real deal. That is a real gun. Some of the other kids here have probably already died by now! If you want to be entertained, then you'll only have to wait a little longer for everyone else to start shooting at you, because I'm sure that they would be happy to oblige you your entertainment while staying here on Survival of the Fittest Island Resort! But for now, you're with us, so keep your stupid comments to yourself!"

Garrett raised an eyebrow in surprise.

"...That was pretty good, kid." He was...almost impressed. He'd NEVER admit that he'd been impressed by a girl, the rest of Fight Club would crucify him, but considering what a useless little mouse this girl had been five seconds ago, an outburst like that was pretty impressive. He was starting to think that maybe the little team he'd assembled wasn't so useless after all. Well...for a couple of girls, anyway.

Rose's response was predictable- more bitching. Saying how she'd come to terms with the fact that she was about to die a horrible death. Garrett almost laughed, but managed not to. Well of course SHE was going to die, she was a weak little girl. Garrett wasn't going to die- he was too strong. He'd kill anyone who tried to kill him, he'd get his boys together, and they'd all team up and kill Danya. He nodded to himself. That's the plan- no fuckin' problem.

"But enough of that. If I can put off my death for a while, I'll be happy with that result. Teaming up with you guys does seem like a good means to that."

Garrett nodded again. For now he'd stick with these two. He took a quick look at his map- what was closest? Where should they go? He made a quick decision for no real reason other than 'it's somewhere that's not here'.

"The sawmill's close by. Let's get moving. Be ready for a fight, Durden knows what fuckers are out there shooting shit up."

He started to move. He was safe, for now.

He didn't bother looking behind him. After all, why wouldn't they follow?

[[Garrett Hunter continued in All That I've Ever Known]]
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Hollyquin. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
KingKamor†

Post by KingKamor† »

Thanks to Jackie's lifetime of theatre, she managed to keep herself standing upright and her face straight. If she hadn't lived her life the say she had, she would have done what she had wanted to do: crumpled to the ground in relief that she wasn't shot in the back. Despite this, she still let out a jagged sigh as she walked alongside Garrett.

"...That was pretty good, kid."

"Don't expect me to be able to do much more than that. I'm just an actress, so I can only act tough." Jackie said in response, still severely shaken by the last minute. "But you're a real tough guy, so you should be able to make up for that, right?" She wasn't even trying to flirt or anything; it was just a fact that Garrett was clearly the physically strongest one present.

The map that he had taken out of his bag reminded Jackie that she, too, had such supplies. Her throat had grown coarse from the crying and yelling and carrying on, so she unzipped her bag just enough to stick her hand in and dug around for a water bottle. As she felt around the bag, she was able to come across something clunky, hard, and cold.

It had a trigger and a handle.

She was unable to decipher how she felt about this revelation. Before she knew it, she was already drinking out of the water bottle. The sweet, sweet liquid cooled her throat and quenched her thirst. Putting the bottle back into the bag, she zipped it back up without a word and followed Garrett.

((Jackie Maxwell, continued in All That I've Ever Known))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler KingKamor. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Sean†

Post by Sean† »

"I've got a bad feeling about the sawmill. Going there probably isn't such a good idea," Rose said. However, before she could finish her sentence, the other two were already out of view.

"Ah, fuck it, if they get killed it's their business, not mine," she mumbled to herself as she rooted through her possessions for her iPod. "Found it," she continued mumbling as she removed the music player and zipped her daypack up.

She put the earbuds in her ears, taking great care to ascertain that the left one was in the left ear and that the right one was in the right ear, took a glance at her iPod, and decided to put it on shuffle. She then adjusted the volume so that the music was audible, but wouldn't drown out any other sound; the alternative, blasting it at ear-splitting levels, was likely to turn out to be a fatal mistake.

"Time to go for a walk."

((Rose Codreanu continued in Where is My Mind?))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Sean. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.

Return to “The Felled Forest: South”