Let's Get Physical!

The gym, despite its name, is actually two halls of differing size, divided by a wall with a window. One half is a flat matted area, set aside to give the school's wrestling, cheerleading, and gymnastics teams a practice space of their own, while the other half is a more traditional gym featuring exercise machines such as treadmills, rowing machines, exercise bikes, and other equipment. The students are allowed to use the gym's exercise facilities outside of school hours, but they are required to sign in and out. Anyone found to be misusing the equipment provided will be banned for a two-week period, although these bans can escalate to semester length or become indefinite should the behavior continue.
Ruggahissy

Post by Ruggahissy »

Jonah jolted forward when Katrina slipped. He crouched down with a hand on his thigh and another hand offering to help her up. He smiled at her, but just a touch of worry made it onto his face.

"Nice job, better than I could do for sure."

It was probably for the best that Katrina and Toby had come in as a distraction. In truth he'd done more than he should have as far as weight training had gone.

"Me too, I think I'm done. Thanks for the show, though!"

((Jonah Heartgrave continued in Have You Lost Me? ))
Espi

Post by Espi »

Oooh, wipeout.

"Woah, you okay there?" Toby saw Jonah helping her up like the dashing gentleman he was and turned around so Katrina didn't see him start smirking at her face plant. Luckily nobody got video of that, it would probably end up on Funniest Home Videos. It was a slapstick classic.

Jonah walked out, probably done with his sets or something. Toby finished setting the controls on the treadmill and started up the cycle, which began working up to a steady speed as he eased into his familiar stride. Zany dancing was fun, but he did need to like, use the gym as a gym at some point.

"That was good, ending aside. You've practiced?" Toby technically shouldn't be talking while running, it always felt bad for his cardio. He could at least be reassuring to Katrina. She didn't seem the type to get horribly embarrassed (she was literally just chair-dancing in a gym with two random guys) but positive reinforcement never hurt. "You've got talent."

He slid his phone out and popped his earbuds into his...ears. After fumbling to get the right playlist going, Toby allowed his focus to drift and get into the mindless rhythm of running.

((Toby Underwood continued in Bungee Jumper Lab))
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

"Okay, let's settle down."

Katrina got back into position and continued her dance practice, this time trying to match her moves to whatever was next on the CD. It didn't really matter what it was. She just needed to get the work done.

((Katrina Lavell continued in This Woman's Work))

Return to “Gym”