Cat and Mouse

A gazebo sitting on the center of a tall hill. This would be a very good place to call people over to, and form some sort of plan. Be careful... this place is something of a dead giveaway to your whereabouts, since it sticks out so much.
Theseus†

Cat and Mouse

Post by Theseus† »

((continued from I can't do this alone))

Jeremy saw the Gazebo up ahead and old memories came back. He never came that close to the Gazebo but this was where him and Fred found Glenn, running away from the Gazebo. Jeremy looked up and saw no one in sight, and he turned around to see Mallory.

Jeremy said, "I guess we're at the Gazebo....so....guess we got to go up and check it out?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Theseus. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Swoosh*

Post by Swoosh* »

((coming from 'I Can't Do This Alone' @ Hillside Cliff))

Looking up at the gazebo, Mallory said nothing for a while. Although not entirely sure if Peri was at the top of the gazebo, it had just been the first place they had come across. True, they had heard nothing since their arrival to this zone a few moments ago. No gunshots, no screaming- then again her presence back at the hillside cliff hadn't been the loudest. Perhaps he was up there right now with another victim, toying with them, forcing them to stare down the barrel of his gun, like he had done with her.

Turning to Jeremy, she nodded.

"Yeah, I'm ready." Gripping her knife tightly, she began to walk up the hill.

Who knew what would await her at the top? And how would she respond if Peri was indeed awaiting her? In all honesty, she had no idea. She didn't know what she would do if confronted with the gun toting psycho; she had no tactic of such and a knife vs a load of guns... she continued her march.

((sorry it's crappier than usual, I've just had a REALLY bad day today and I can't really concentrate on much.))
I am an archival account used by staff to port old posts from handlers no longer active. If you are this handler, get in touch with staff and we can get your posts back for you! Elise avatar by Kermit.
Theseus†

Post by Theseus† »

((haha its ok, I thought it was a good post, sorry for your bad day, I hope you have a better one tomorrow))

Jeremy nodded and looked down at his sickle which was being grasped by his right hand. The sickle was still bloody from when it was lodged inside Mallory's shin. Jeremy never had a chance to clean it, for he was using his shirt as a bandage. But now his shirt was still at the small house and he had Nev's white bandage going around his left arm.

Jeremy walked with Mallory as they slowly headed to the Gazebo. Jeremy felt the pain coming back all over his left side, two gunshot wounds...one was treated the other....not.....and there was that msark from the pellet from the shotgun.

Jeremy also felt a sharp pain every time he took a step, he knew a bullet had penetrated his shoe, how bad it was he didn't know. Jeremy wasn't a doctor but he knew he was reaching his end with wounds, no vital organs were harmed, and they have stopped bleeding, but still, there was the risk of infection, and that other doctor stuff which he didn't know about.

Jeremy was a wrestler though, and he pushed the pain aside, once again, and focused on the Gazebo. When he finally reached it his eyes opened wide and he said, "my god...." It looked like one big battle was raged up here but Jeremy saw no sign of anyone, yet.

((I think there was a huge battle up here......maybe I mis read the old posts wrong or something...ah well....I tried lol....))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Theseus. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Slayer†

Post by Slayer† »

OOC: Actually, one chase/evisceration and two fights between Cole and Andrew and then Jacob and Adam. Not very close. Continued from Taking Stock"
IC: Jason had been wandering aimlessly yet again, lost in his thoughts as he covered more ground and moved further away from the well. He didn't have any mental disorder, far from it (he actually thought he was the sanest member of the baseball team next to David), but his mind seemed to be divided in half. Half of him was challenging what he was doing, questioning the morals of being a murderer, while the other half was defending Jason's playing the game. Danya's promise should've made the dilemma more clear, but it only muddled things up. Before he knew it, he was walking up a hill towards the Gazebo, instinctively clenching his nose at the smell of blood detectable even from where he stood.

I wonder how many people died here to create such a strong odor...

Normally, the smell would've repulsed him enough for him to turn back, but he heard something. Moving even closer until the very top of his head crested the hill, he recognized the sound: human conversation. Slowly taking the uzi back in hand, he walked closer, trying to make as little noise as possible and sticking to the treeline in case he was heard. He could see vague shillouettes of people through the hole in the gazebo wall, but he couldn't tell who it was yet. He couldn't tell what weapons they had either, but he had to risk it. Slowly and deliberately, he walked out from the trees, heading just as quietly before to one of the entrances.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Slayer.
Swoosh*

Post by Swoosh* »

((A schizophrenic doesn't have two personas, that's someone with Split Personality Disorder Sorry. I'm doing a degree in Psychology XDD))

The mess at the top of the gazebo came as no shock to Mallory; after all, they had been on the island a while now and she had seen her fair share of blood and gore. Her eyes quickly glossing over a nearby dead body, she quickly looked around. There was no one else here. Peri must be somewhere else. Oh well, it wasn't like she was expecting to find him first time.

Sighing, she looked at Jeremy, who didn't seem as unfazed by their surroundings as she was. Maybe he hadn't seen as much death as she had, or maybe he was still getting used to the fact that they were on Death Island; either way, she didn't fancy him throwing up on her shoes when they were in the middle of hunting down a killer.

Leaning against the wall of the gazebo (even though it was patched up pretty well and Glenn... Glenn had done a good job in making it better, her leg still had a gash in it and hurt like hell if she walked on it for too long) she spoke up.

"You OK?"
I am an archival account used by staff to port old posts from handlers no longer active. If you are this handler, get in touch with staff and we can get your posts back for you! Elise avatar by Kermit.
Theseus†

Post by Theseus† »

Jeremy nodded looking over all the carnage and death. He said, "yeah I'm ok...I should be used to all of this by now, I've seen so much of it, but....when I think about it I always realize that the kids who fought here are just like us, and they are all victims of the game, wether they are playing it or not." Jeremy looked around then said, "But I'm ok. I don't see anyone here...so I'm guessing our man isn't here...."
Swoosh*

Post by Swoosh* »

"Guess not..." Mallory glanced around, still leaning against the wall.

In a way, she was secretly glad. In all honesty she would have had no idea what she would have done had she come up against Peri, apart from maybe panic and die- and that would be a waste, as well as an insult to Glenn's memory. Was she really ready to take him on?

Sliding down the wall, she sighed. Her leg really was starting to sting a lot now. Glancing down at the crude bandages, she touched them gingerly. The pain shot through her leg like fire and she withdrew her hand as if she had been electrocuted.

Guess I won't be touching that for a while.

Bringing her knees up to her chest, she wrapped her arms around them, resting her chin on her arms glumly. There was no point rushing off to the next place on the map, all they were really doing was wandering aimlessly around; when they actually found who they were looking for, it'd be down to luck and nothing less. Reaching into her bag, she grabbed a bottle of water and twisted the top off.

"Hey, Jeremy?" she called out. "You can relax. He's not here. There's no one here."

((I am assuming Jason hasn't made it to one of the entrances yet.))
Slayer†

Post by Slayer† »

OOC: In a couple seconds he will...
IC: Still walking at a deliberate pace, Jason got steadily closer to the gazebo and the figures inside. It seemed that they had not noticed him. They were also getting clearer, and seemed vaguely like two of the people he had attacked at the hospital.

I'll have to be doubly careful then, a few of those people had guns, and I doubt they'll be happy to see me... he thought, almost shouting in surprise as he nearly tripped over a lump. Looking down, he saw a figure in a black trenchcoat, lying facedown. Using his foot to slowly turn him around, he recognized the corpse: it was Jacob Starr, one of the most deadly of the program's killers. He had ended seven lives personally, but now he was simply a dead body with a slashed throat.

Really shows how anything can happen here... stopping breifly to close Jacob's eyes out of respect, he rose again and continued to walk. Nearly reaching and entrance behind the two, he almost let his guard down before a resounding snap let out a noise. Looking down, he saw that he had stepped on and broken a twig.

Fuck! They must've heard that! So much for stealth. quickly raising the uzi, he waited for the two to turn around and started to walk into the gazebo.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Slayer.
Theseus†

Post by Theseus† »

Jeremy watched as Mallory prodded her leg and he said, "How's your leg doing?" he saw the bandages and knew it must have hurt. Jeremy sighed and was about to sit down when Mallory told him to relax when he heard a snap outside of the Gazebo. Jeremy said, "Mallory outside..." Gripping his sickle his adrenaline kicked in once again as he immediately moved to the window in the Gazebo and peered out only to see the figure with the uzi coming to the entrance.

Jeremy quickly shot a worried glance to Mallory and said, "we got company"

((Does the Gazebo got a window lol? Sorry if it doesn't make sense....I wasn't really sure how to picture the Gazebo we're in))
Slayer†

Post by Slayer† »

OOC: No, but there are holes in the walls that kinda serve as 'em. I'll get a picture of one later.
Edit: This'll probably marginfuck the thread a bit, so sorry, but they usually look something like this:
IC: Seeing a face at one of the openings, Jason knew it was time to stop with the stealth act. He had definitely recognised the face, it was one of the people he had been in a gunfight with at the hospital (though he'd only gotten a fleeting glance at him, he was pretty sure). But why didn't he shoot him then? He had a gun, didn't he? Ignoring the questions in his head, he walked into the gazebo to face the two people, one boy and one girl (also both from the hospital, if memory served). Raising his gun at them, he prepared to fire, but stopped.

No, they don't seem to be a threat, what's the point of killing them? shaking his head, he loosened his grip on the uzi's trigger, but still had it pointed at them in case he was wrong. Knowing it was an odd way to start a conversation, Jason said the following:

"So, what weapons do you have on you?"
Swoosh*

Post by Swoosh* »

Completely caught off guard, Mallory jumped and looked near the entrance. She didn't recognise whoever it was, and if anything that made her more alert. The gun was pointing directly at them. How could they have been so offguard about their surroundings?

Mallory eyed the gun wearily. Sitting on the floor, she wasn't in any situation to escape. Seeing the end of a gun being pointed at her felt familar, and she didn't want things to end up like they had done the time before. Biting her lip, she got her knife out of her bag and held it up carelessly.

"I got this," she muttered, casting anxious glances towards where Jeremy was stood. If he died... if he was killed now it would be her fault.

Again. She couldn't let things repeat themselves, she had to get Jeremy out of there... but how? Still casting a sidewards glance at Jeremy every now and again, she looked at the newcomer, awaiting his approval of her weapons inspection.
Slayer†

Post by Slayer† »

Jason's face was still stoic as the girl showed him her knife while the boy remained silent. He didn't need the boy to speak though, as the sickle that Jason assumed was his weapon was in his hands.

Odd, I thought he had a gun earlier. He may have lost it. But what if he's hiding it so he can shoot me as soon as I turn around? Smirking dismissively, he lowered his gun slightly.

"Well, you're no threat," he said to the girl, "but how do you expect to last long with only that? Especially since so many of the remaining contestants have guns, from my experience." suddenly, he turned around and raised his hand at the boy.

"And you, if memory serves, you shot at me back at the clinic. What happened to your gun? Youy\ hiding it in your pocket to shoot me the instant I let my guard down? C'mon, if you've got nothing to hide you'll be showing me everything you have. I can't trust either of you, so don't expect me to not think you're a threat if you refuse." he said, hoping the sheer force of his demand and the fact that he was staring down a machine gun's barrel would get the boy to follow his instructions.

For all I know, these are players. I can't take anyone lightly in this game if I want to live and go home.
Swoosh*

Post by Swoosh* »

Mallory raised an eyebrow quizzically.

"I don't," she said simply in reply to the boy's question. She didn't feel particularly offended by the boy's instant dismissal, but it had got her thinking even more. Now that the boy was interrogating Jeremy (whom she hoped would get out of there as soon as possible, for this own safety) she lapsed back into her own thoughts.

She did need some sort of strategy against Peri. Going in with blind fury wasn't going to get anything done, apart from maybe getting her shot in the face. She had to think it through.

This boy was right. She really couldn't go in with just a knife. But where to get one?...

Still lost in her thoughts, she looked over at Jeremy, awaiting his response to the boy's demands.
Theseus†

Post by Theseus† »

((oh haha ok I see now, thanks a lot for the pic))

Jeremy watched in surprise as the boy, who was one of the attackers back at the clinic, didn't blow them all away with his gun. Jeremy listened to the boy questioning Mallory then listened as the questions went to him. Jeremy raised his sickle and said, "This is all I got....a gun?" Jeremy thought back to the clinic...old memories flooding his mind. He had a gun, but he shot it at Antonio, not this boy.

Jeremy said, "I had a gun, but I only had it for less than a minute before it got stolen, and you weren't the boy I was shooting at. There were others inside the clinics with guns though..."

Jeremy was now trying to understand if this boy was playing the game or not, he was being the agressive one, but that could just be to save his own life. He wasn't threatening them...but he was at the shooting at the clinic. Jeremy wasn't sure what to make of the situation as he continued to look at the boy.
Swoosh*

Post by Swoosh* »

((... I was waiting for Slayer to make some sort of move on killing Mallory but seeing as today's the deadline of the rolls... if he doesn't post tonight I'm gonna have to do it myself, nya?))

Return to “Gazebo”