"Though we may not survive it..."

A simple river which offers so much, such as a place to bath, a food source, and a fresh water source. Be careful... someone could easily sneak up on you while you are bathing, or gathering food and water.
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

As soon as the first shot rang out, Adam was broken from his silence and immediately threw himself into action. Leaping from the stump that he had been sitting on before the shots began to fire, he took two very long strides and basically threw himself at Madelaine and Amanda, both sitting somewhat nearby. Essentially clotheslining the both of them behind the rock that they had both been sitting on, he let his momentum carry himself over behind the rock with the two girls. He didn't know where Hawley or Marcus were at this point, but he did know that it seemed as if a gunfight were in progress.

Fuck...players...

Peering out from behind the rock, Adam yelled out at the new arrivals. "For fuck sakes, stop shooting! We aren't playing, god damnit!"
[+] V7

B027 - Morgan Dragosavich: "Now come on, you have a flight to catch."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - P7 - M1 - PPr1 - PPr2 - T1 - T2 - T3

B042 - Connor Lorenzen: "You— you're gonna have to live with this for— for a long time. A long time, and I hope you do, brother. Really."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - Pr1 - PoPr1 - T1

B005 - Claudeson Bademosi: "May you see your Redeemer face to face and enjoy the vision of God forever."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 -M1 - VPS - T1

B062 - Jeff Greene: "Wait a minute, you're not Palom—"
V7: 9 - 10 - 11

G042 - Ariana Moretti: "You were always here."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - M3 - T1 - T2 - T3
[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

1: The Essay; June 2, 2015
2: The Pizza; June 6, 2015
3: The Leak; June 7, 2015
4: The Safe; June 4, 2018
5: The Call; September 19, 2015

6: Coda
7: The Secret; June 4, 2018
8: ???; June 9, 2018
9: ???; June 10, 2018
10: ???; June 10, 2018
11: ???; September 13, 2018

Ross Miller

1: Shatterday; June 9, 2018
2: I Wait on You Inside the Bottom of the Deep Blue Sea; July 13, 2018 - ongoing

3: ???
4: ???
5: ???

Pregame: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - M1 - M2 - SP - Snapchat

Carl Fredericks/Steven Lorenzen: The Needs of the Many

V6 (2015)
Mrs. Ritch: Sweet Billy
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

V3: B007 - Keith Jackson: At the end of the road he's running, looking back to survey where he's been.
V1/3: B077 - Adam Dodd: You either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain. The truth lies somewhere in between.
V1: B087 - Sidney Crosby: It's only cowardice if other people are around to tell you so. Otherwise, it's survival.
V1: B092 - Eddie Serjeantson: Fully in charge, but not much of an arborist.
V2: B013 - Andrew Ponikarovsky: Probably could have used a proper license and a driving lesson.
V1: G005 - Amanda Jones: A breath of fresh air, and in the end, that was all it took.
V3: B099 - John Sheppard: Went out with a bang.
V3: B122 - Ryan Atwell: Couldn't help but write a "Dear John" letter.
LadyMakaze†

Post by LadyMakaze† »

Madelaine looked in surprise at the sudden arrival of yet more newcomers, tentatively wondering what in the world this could lead to next. In less than a few minutes, her question was answered as three shots rang through the air. They came from someone Madelaine recognized as the girl she, Amanda, and David had bumped into much earlier. And as for David...it seemed that bad karma had finally caught up to him. The girl obviously wanted her gun yet. Furthermore, she seemed to be playing.

Before she could react to this, she found herself being dragged away by Adam to the safety of a large rock nearby. As she peeked out from behind her makeshift cover, she suddenly heard David scream out in pain and fury. Her eyes widened as she noticed the wounds that had formed in David's chest and the side of his head.

It was then that her eyes wandered over to the pistol that she had dropped earlier. A thought crossed her mind.

Protect your friends. They're all you have now.

Yeah. If I'm going to die anyways...I might as well give it all I've got. After all, I no longer live for just myself.

It was then that she decided, that no matter how much it cost her, her own life or the lives of others, she would never let another friend die. Even if it meant she had to play in the process.

After all...she had already given up. There were some things she would gladly give up for the sake the ones she cared about.

Though I may not survive it.

Biting her lip in resolution, she darted out from behind the rock, snatching up the gun just as she was running past it. She felt exposed now, vulnerable, an obvious target. But this made her feel better. She was sick of hiding. She was sick of remaining passive, while others around her were killing eachother, and getting killed in the process.

Madelaine placed herself to the side, farther away from David so that the girl could not easily switch targets. Ducking behind the safety of a tree, she quickly brought her left arm out, the one she had always used to aim and steady her bow during archery practice. Making careful aim at Heather, she fired a shot of her own.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler LadyMakaze. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Kuze*

Post by Kuze* »

Heather's eyes widened as the boy fired off a trio of 9mm bullets, towards her. The first bullet missed her right arm, the second bullet loged itself into her right arm that held her Glock causing it to drop to the ground, the final bullet ran headfirst into her right kneecap shattering it, causing her to fall face forward onto the dirt. Sending the fourth shot to fly over her and imple itself into a tree.

Now knowing that if she fought back she would be a literal sitting duck, Heather, with tears of pain streaming down her face, she reached with her wounded right arm for her gun and tossed it towards the path she came from where Glenn and Fred were standing.

"It's no use, I cant fight anymore, Everything that happened to me on the island, happened because of you taking my gun. Mason attempting to rape me so i shot him with his own gun.

Causing Ureil and Jacob to come to the School building and attack me, I blew Ureil's bottom jaw off with a flashbang i found in Masons bag and Jacob finishing him off."

Heather paused to let that sink in to whoever is around. knowing that if the shooter or shooters fired again she would join the leigons of the dead already on the island.

(Occ: yeah its lacking action buuuut merf)
I am an archival account used by staff to port old posts from handlers no longer active. If you are this handler, get in touch with staff and we can get your posts back for you! Heather avatar by Kermit.
Slayer†

Post by Slayer† »

Glaring, David stepped out from his cover and walked to Heather, putting his gun to her forehead.

"Give me one reason not to blast your brains out, bitch." he snarled, keeping his eyes on her working arm and leg. He was still angry about being attacked for no reason, and his collarbone was in extreme pain from the hits. He knew there was no danger to the group, it was more of a personal grudge than anything, but he had to assume she was playing and would kill one of them if he let his guard down. It didn't help that he had been assaulted by her twice now. The second time for no apparent reason.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Slayer.
riserugu†

Post by riserugu† »

When the gunshots begun to fire, Hawley had made quick movements to try and get out of the way opting to take cover where the ground took a slight incline downward before straighting out again. His hands pushed against his ears, pistol still clutched in his left had, as in an attempt to block out the sounds of gunshots that filted through the air only feet away from where he was…

When the rounds came to a halt and all that was left was a ringing sensation instead he peered over the area sightly trying to locate where the group had gone off too… much to his surprise Marcus remained where he had when he had fallen asleep; odd… Hawley had figured the gunfire would awaken the sleeping boy.

Sifting ever so lightly in his spot, his attention difted to that of the small group of new people in the area… eyeing namely the one with the sickle and the boy clad in a muddy red shirt. He being the one that Heather had thrown her gun toward after she had fallen when the bullet pierced her kneecap.

Watching as some of the bullets in the hail that had been fried at her found it’s target, Fredrik’s grip on his pipewrench tighted ever so much as he found himself blinking when Heather’s gun sailed toward them… hitting the ground close to his feet…

Frowning somewhat the older Hughes made his way over to the weapon bending over and picking it up as he forced his daypack open pushing both the wrench and the gun into the bag along with the flashbangs that where in there as well. As he said when he met Jeremy, going along with game was a last opition with him… but if this person continued to hurt a person he now considered a friend he figured he would have to take some form of action.

“Oi, mate?” Fred asked, glancing back toward the said figure the frown still across his lips… “Mind watching Glenn for a bit, he’s been rather out of it since Marie… got killed.” He muttered lightly, taking a look to his brother who rested alongside a large rock… face buried in his hands.

With that said, he made his way over to where Heather lay against the ground, crouching down onto his knees as he rested a hand on her shoulder a little, glaring up at David. “You’ve got your bloody point across… she’s weaponless and wounded, she’s not going to be doing anything more, so put the bloody gun down you prat.”
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler riserugu. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Theseus†

Post by Theseus† »

((Continued from: Advent))

Jeremy listened to Fred's comment, he wanted to stay and watch his brother, but he was sure that he would be ok, and he had to help Heather. Running out to Fred and Heather, still holding his sickle Jeremy said, "I'm with them, put the gun down, your group says you guys aren't playing the game but it looks to me like you are, and I don't like that." He gripped his sickle, hoping this wasn't going to be a fight, but he was ready just incase, he was there to fight side by side with Fred and Heather.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Theseus. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Kuze*

Post by Kuze* »

Heather' eyes widened as the boy placed her gun against her forehead, a feeling overcame her that hasnt come over her scence meeting this boy at the feild, pure fear. Tears were freely streaming down her face now, while staring at the boy who was obviously enraged at her.

In her state of fear, Fred and Jeremy ran to her side and tried to calm the boy down and to get him to move the gun away from her forehead.

Heather tried to plead with the boy but the words wouldnt produce from her mouth, what she did know is that she is now a cripple thats to this sonovabitch.

(occ meh Riserugu, or Thesus if you want you can control Heather if i go into a posting lag)
I am an archival account used by staff to port old posts from handlers no longer active. If you are this handler, get in touch with staff and we can get your posts back for you! Heather avatar by Kermit.
Slayer†

Post by Slayer† »

David let out a sigh of pain, annoyance, and anger as he put his gun away. As much as he wanted to finish her off, he knew he shouldn't. She wasn't a threat anymore, and he'd look like an enemy if he murdered her in cold blood. Reluctantly, he spat at the ground near her.

"Get out of here now, and know that if I ever see you again, you're dead. You got that? Now go before I change my mind." he threatened, turning around and walking back towards the rock.

"Shit, this fucking thing hurts."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Slayer.
Theseus†

Post by Theseus† »

Jeremy watched as David walked away, hopefully it was over. Holding his sickle in one hand he reached down to help Heather up, he would firemans (Is that what they call it) carry her back to saftey with, hopefully, the help of Fred.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Theseus. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

What the fuck...

Bullets. It seemed that of most things that flew threw the air these days, the most common were bullets. Should she be surprised?

No, and I don't even know why I keep thinking so.

Amanda lay on the ground behind the rock that she had formerly been sitting on. One moment, she had been speaking to Madelaine, shocked at the fact that the girl had broken out of her silence, and the next...the next bullets were flying, and a large shape was running towards them, grabbing them and pulling them down to safety.

The shape, of course, was Adam, and she knew that she was lucky to have someone looking out for her well-being. If only she weren't in a place where her well-being even needed looking after in the first place.

Not wanting to risk sticking her head out from behind the rock, Amanda came to the fact that she was actually, legitimately frightened. Her fear had actually overwhelmed her to the fact that her hands were shaking. The shotgun she had earlier 'appropriated' from Adam lay beside her on the ground, and Adam himself crouched beside her, looking concerned. Madelaine had gotten up and run off shooting, and amidst her best efforts to make an attempt to stop her, she had been unsuccessful. A lot of that could definitely be attributed to Adam and his arms of restraint. As the shooting stopped, Amanda could make out talking from several different people, but didn't dare take a chance on trying to see who it was.

As such, she simply lay on the ground, and looked up at Adam's concerned face, waiting.

On the other hand, Adam knew that if the shooting started up again, they might have a massacre on their hands. It was becoming all-too-apparent to him that many of their classmates were buying into playing the game.

Of course. We're days into it, and there's still so many people. Fuck, there's got to be one hundred different people on this island. And I mean, the dead can't be at any more than thirty...so that'd leave about seventy people alive and kicking. Fucking hell, I do NOT like those odds of survival. And yet...they seem to have such a fool-proof plan to keep us here without any chance of rescue...

...this shit is unbelievable.

Feeling both of his pistols in his pockets, Adam slowly stood up, his arms held out in front of him in a nonthreatening posture. Looking about the scene, he saw the Hughes brothers, a boy he didn't know, as well as David staring at a girl he didn't recognize. Both of them were bloodied up, and likely were the recipients of the intended bullets.

Great, wounded even worse. So now if that keeps up, David's going to die. How much can we take...?

Staring at the scene, Adam couldn't help but wonder if escape was even possible. Looking out at the group, he said nothing, just waiting for the next move.
[+] V7

B042 - Connor Lorenzen: "You— you're gonna have to live with this for— for a long time. A long time, and I hope you do, brother. Really."

B005 - Claudeson Bademosi: "May you see your Redeemer face to face and enjoy the vision of God forever."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20

[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

Ross Miller

2: I Wait on You Inside the Bottom of the Deep Blue Sea; July 13, 2018 - ongoing

V6 (2015)
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

V3: B007 - Keith Jackson: At the end of the road he's running, looking back to survey where he's been.
V1/3: B077 - Adam Dodd: You either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain. The truth lies somewhere in between.
V1: B087 - Sidney Crosby: It's only cowardice if other people are around to tell you so. Otherwise, it's survival.
V2: B013 - Andrew Ponikarovsky: Probably could have used a proper license and a driving lesson.
V1: G005 - Amanda Jones: A breath of fresh air, and in the end, that was all it took.
riserugu†

Post by riserugu† »

Watching Jeremy begin to start moving Heather, he moved over to the two placing one of Heather's arms around his shoulders and lightly pulling her up to where he could at least get his arms under her knees. Pulling himself back upright, Heather with him he trecked back over to where he had left Glenn in the safety of some heavy underbrush, placing Heather down on the ground near the rock his ever-so silent twin sat upon.

Removing his daypack he looked over the girl, taking note of all her visible wounds she had just gotten in thanks to the recent gunfight. He was no doctor, and the only type of first aid he knew was what he learned in Health class... none of which included what to do when it came to gunshot wounds such as ones that took out a person's knee.

Gulping and turning away from the sight, he walked a few paces away from the small group he was part of and out into the open a little enough to look at the other group, frowning still. This wasn't going good for any of them...

Once he was sure that the bullets had ceased firing, Hawley slowly lifted himself up from his spot balancing himself against a nearby tree for some support as he glanced about the area. David's voice was cursing over his new wounds, he couldn't see Adam or the girls... and Marcus still lay asleep.

Sighing a little and moving his free hand to cradle the burnt one he slowly moved away from the place he had used as cover, sighing out again... they had to get out of here before something like what just happened, happened again.

'But... where? I'm so tried... I can hardly think... let alone see straight.' He thought meekly, removing his hand to reach into his front pocket to remove his glasses replacing them along the bridge of his nose only to take note that it didn't help his eye sight much at all either way.

Shaking his head in annoyance he tried to move again, but a shot of both lack of sleep, and the new onshot of pain sent his world spinning and him crashing onto his knees against the ground. Body curling somewhat into itself as the impact of neasua set in, he cupping a hand around his mouth in an attempt to hold back what little he had eaten as a wave of chills came over.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler riserugu. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Slayer†

Post by Slayer† »

OOC: Jason and Jayne (partially) continued from "Dude Fortified! pt.2": http://s10.DEFUNCT_IF_LINK/SurvivalOfTheF...p?showtopic=425

IC: Jason silently led Jayne through the trees, his Uzi in his hands as he scanned the area. He had decided to take a shortcut, even though that meant they could be going into an ambush. As he rounded a turn, he saw a large group ahead (including a boy in a familiar jersey) and ducked behind the trees.
"David? Is that really him?" he asked himself before looking to Jayne.
"Stay right there, they might see you otherwise."

David was sitting back on the rock, contemplating the three painful but slowly bleeding wounds. If those two bullets to the collarbone had gone just a bit deeper, he'd be dead. Luck had really been on his side lately. Picking up his P99, he walked over to Amanda and gestured to a spot where the others wouldn't be able to hear them without clearly trying, whispering, "Can I speak to you for a second?" in her ear and moving to the designated spot at the river.
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

Amanda crouched behind the rock, looking at Adam with a worried expression on her face. She didn't dare say anything, for the silence in the valley seemed to be the one thing that was keeping their immediate world from imploding. Of course, that silence didn't last for long, as the sounds of moving interrupted any serenity that remained in the bloodstained valley. Standing up, shotgun in hand, Amanda looked over the area. Marcus was still on the ground, seemingly unmoving. He looked almost like he might be dead. Hawley seemed to be having difficulty functioning properly, and Madelaine seemed to be as pale as a ghost, umoving beside her, a little tremble the only thing that seemed to eminate from the shaken girl. David sat, nursing his wounds, and broke the silence by asking her to come over and talk to him for a second. Squeezing Adam's hand for a second, she stepped away from the large rock and stepped over to where David had headed. As she neared him, she clenched the shotgun in hand.

"What's up, David..." she trailed off when she saw the ugly wounds by his collarbone. "Oh my god! David...your neck, are you all right?"

~~~

Adam watched Amanda head off into the bushes after David. He begrudgingly let her go. Adam didn't want to let her out of his sight, but at the moment, he had more important things to deal with. Namely, Hawley, and his struggle to keep his lunch down. Walking over to where Hawley was kneeling on the ground, Adam knealt down beside the boy and lightly put his hand on his shoulder. Adam could clearly tell that Hawley was in BAD shape, and unfortunately he didn't know if there would be much that he could do for him, especially not in this environment. Hawley had taken so much time taking care of others that it seemed that he hadn't bothered to take care of himself.

And that's not how it should be, you should be the most fucking important one of all, my friend...

Looking at the boy's pale face, Adam grimaced. It looked like he was trying to avoid throwing up.

"Hawley...dude...you're hurting, man...tell me what I can do. Fuck, man...you've spent so much time looking after everyone else you haven't done shit about YOU. So dude...tell me, what can I do?"
[+] V7

[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

Ross Miller

V6 (2015)
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

Slayer†

Post by Slayer† »

When Amanda asked about his wounds, David looked at the blood slowly coming out of the two holes in the left collarbone area of his jersey.

"I'm fine...those bullets just hit the bone, that's all. I can get Hawley to patch it up later." he said, dismissing what was wrong with him as always. Returning his gaze to Amanda, he winced, proving himself wrong. Nevertheless, he continued.
I have to say this now or I might never get the chance...

"Amanda, do you know why I'm helping you, why instead of running or shooting you back at the field I decided to join you?"
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

Amanda winced, looking at the two wounds. Hers had began to numb up a little, probably healing over. It wasn't too bad of a wound in the first place, and she'd been lucky in that respect. At David's question, she shrugged a little. She'd been wondering a little, but she had just attributed it to her father's importance. She'd figured David for one of those ultra-patriotic people.

"Umm...not really, I thought you explained yourself. I figured maybe you were just a nice guy? Kind of lucky for me and Madelaine that you came along when you did. I just figured you were one of the people who wouldn't stand for playing the game...?"

Again, she shrugged.
[+] V7

[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

Ross Miller

V6 (2015)
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

Return to “The River”