"Though we may not survive it..."

A simple river which offers so much, such as a place to bath, a food source, and a fresh water source. Be careful... someone could easily sneak up on you while you are bathing, or gathering food and water.
Swoosh*

Post by Swoosh* »

((I was beginning to wonder if anyone realised Callum was over there helping too ^_^))

It looked like someone had had a party with this guy... biting his lip, Callum leaned forward and did as Madelaine said.

He had to admit, he was kind of impressed with the apparent medical know-how that Hawley possessed. Looking back at the mutilated form that had stumbled from out of the bushes, he resisted the urge to pass out, and smiled slightly.

"You're gonna be OK. This guy's gonna patch you up real nice, and then you can go and kick the crap out of the jackass that did this to you."

He wasn't sure how much of this was true, and whether this guy was really going to be 'OK', but he felt obliged to be helpful and comforting. Beth was still in danger, but so was this guy.
I am an archival account used by staff to port old posts from handlers no longer active. If you are this handler, get in touch with staff and we can get your posts back for you! Elise avatar by Kermit.
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

Although Adam had taken the morphine, and it had worked its way into his system, Adam's face was a sickly shade of green. Not from the blood loss, but rather from trying to avoid watching the work Hawley was doing on his arm. Looking to the ground, he grinned a little when Hawley asked how he was.

"Well...I've got to admit, it's really, really tough trying not to watch you stick needles and stuff into my gaping arm wound, but uh, at this point, well...let's just say...I've been better."

Across the way, Amanda struggled to help pull Marcus to his feet.

Man, this guy is just MASSIVE...

((Sorry for the short post, I'm getting tossed off my CPU))
[+] V7

B027 - Morgan Dragosavich: "Now come on, you have a flight to catch."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - P7 - M1 - PPr1 - PPr2 - T1 - T2 - T3

B042 - Connor Lorenzen: "You— you're gonna have to live with this for— for a long time. A long time, and I hope you do, brother. Really."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - Pr1 - PoPr1 - T1

B005 - Claudeson Bademosi: "May you see your Redeemer face to face and enjoy the vision of God forever."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 -M1 - VPS - T1

B062 - Jeff Greene: "Wait a minute, you're not Palom—"
V7: 9 - 10 - 11

G042 - Ariana Moretti: "You were always here."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - M3 - T1 - T2 - T3
[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

1: The Essay; June 2, 2015
2: The Pizza; June 6, 2015
3: The Leak; June 7, 2015
4: The Safe; June 4, 2018
5: The Call; September 19, 2015

6: Coda
7: The Secret; June 4, 2018
8: ???; June 9, 2018
9: ???; June 10, 2018
10: ???; June 10, 2018
11: ???; September 13, 2018

Ross Miller

1: Shatterday; June 9, 2018
2: I Wait on You Inside the Bottom of the Deep Blue Sea; July 13, 2018 - ongoing

3: ???
4: ???
5: ???

Pregame: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - M1 - M2 - SP - Snapchat

Carl Fredericks/Steven Lorenzen: The Needs of the Many

V6 (2015)
Mrs. Ritch: Sweet Billy
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

V3: B007 - Keith Jackson: At the end of the road he's running, looking back to survey where he's been.
V1/3: B077 - Adam Dodd: You either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain. The truth lies somewhere in between.
V1: B087 - Sidney Crosby: It's only cowardice if other people are around to tell you so. Otherwise, it's survival.
V1: B092 - Eddie Serjeantson: Fully in charge, but not much of an arborist.
V2: B013 - Andrew Ponikarovsky: Probably could have used a proper license and a driving lesson.
V1: G005 - Amanda Jones: A breath of fresh air, and in the end, that was all it took.
V3: B099 - John Sheppard: Went out with a bang.
V3: B122 - Ryan Atwell: Couldn't help but write a "Dear John" letter.
riserugu†

Post by riserugu† »

“Well…” Hawley begun, pulling the needle up somewhat in the air, as he grabbed at his hacksaw with his free hand. Bringing it forth, and cut the piece of string in half tying the end to that the wound would finally close all the way. Taking the bloody piece of cloth, cleaning away the rest of the blood that had slipped out.

Picking up the roll of bandages, he quickly finished his job on Adam by covering the stitch job and when standing upright somewhat. “There we’re all done, now take it easy alright? I personally don’t want to do that again, and I’m sure you don’t… Anyway sit here and take it easy, I’ve got to see what’s up with Marcus.”

Turning his back to the other redhead, he moved toward the river there, though as he neared the water’s edge he found his vision fall out of focus, and he stumble somewhat though managed to catch himself before falling against the rocky bed.

Pressing the back his bloody hand, he allowed his sight to stop blurring about before crouching and pushing his hands into the water, washing away at what blood was there.

‘That’s right… no matter how red with blood my hands are I can always wash it away. But what about if I had pulled that trigger when I had my gun pointed at Adam, could I have been able to wash it all away then… could I have moved on?’ Hawley thought bitterly, shaking some of the water away before standing and making his way toward where Marcus was with the others.

Looking over the wounds he continued help but gulp a little… this was the worst he had seen yet, could he even do anything to fix this? ‘I’m 15 years old… already someone’s life is probably hanging in my hands on if I can do something to fix this or not. God, this program is starting to get to me finally…’
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler riserugu. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
LadyMakaze†

Post by LadyMakaze† »

Madelaine looked over at Hawley with a worried glance as he approached them to have a look at Marcus. As reluctant as she was to admit it, she knew not what to do in this sort of situation, where Marcus was in danger of bleeding to death, or even getting an infection from his wounds. But still, they were all in this together, so as long as she was part of the group, she might as well help to the best of her ability.

As she sorted through the first aid kit that she had extracted from her pack, she looked towards Hawley and Marcus, wondering what needed to be done. It seemed best that she did not try anything on her own, given the dire situation Marcus was in. But at least she was not completely helpless in this kind of situation.

She looked towards Hawley again, and noticed his slightly injured hand, realizing that he had fallen a bit while making his way towards the group.

"Your hand..." she motioned towards it with a concerned expression, voice trailing off slightly.

=============================================

((CONTINED FROM: THE DIRTPATH))

How long had she been wandering aimlessly like this? This Nanami wondered wearily to herself as she carefully meandered her way along the bank of the river. Just how long would she have to wander until someone finally found her, ending it all?

She kept her head tucked down a bit, looking over her shoulder to see if anyone happened to be lurking about. Too focused on potential dangers behind her, she never noticed the huge rock in front of her, right at her feet, before her shoe got caught underneath, sending her falling forwards.

She felt her knees scrape against the stone-studded ground and she yelped out, more out of frustration than from actual pain. This sucks, she thought, cradling a scraped knee, once again on the verge of tears. I hate this...Why me? Of all people, why me?

Opening her tear-stained eyes, her sobs suddenly stopped short as she finally noticed the a rather large group of people nearby, looking like they were tending to someone's injuries.

She began to shake violently, realizing that now, she was unable to run away before they would notice her. Had they noticed her yet? They could have easily seen her coming from a mile away...yet why...why had she not noticed them?

Staring at them in fear, her eyes darted fearfully towards each of the company, only to fall upon one of the girls. This particular girl was wearing an outfit consisting of a grey blazer, white shirt, and plaid skirt, school-issued no doubt. Shocked, Nanami recognized the uniform immediately as the one issued by Seiwa Junior High, back in Kyoto.

Nanami knew this...for she was once a student of Seiwa Junior High, and she happened to be wearing the exact same uniform right now.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler LadyMakaze. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
OnceForgotten†

Post by OnceForgotten† »

Marcus' skin started turning a sickly light brown color when the girls began blotting his back. It hurt extremely bad, seing as the rags were removing not only dirt and grime, but much of the damaged tissue and skin that seemed to hang in ribbons off his back. He had not been able too see what it looked like yet, but he was thankful, because something that hurt as bad as it did could never be good.

Marcus grabbed his trusty pad of paper out of his back pocket and began writing.

I was attacked by some kid named Cody. He had apparently wandered into the woods very soon after it became safe to go there again, and set up at least one trap in the area. I managed to snag it, and ended up hanging upside down by one ankle. He found me about a minute later, and asked me if I had any weapons. Apparently, he got a pritty bad draw, because he used sticks that he picked up off the ground and broke off trees to whip my back with. I don't even know why he did it, or why he did not just kill me. I'll promise you guys one thing though, if we meet him again, I'll make him regret it.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler OnceForgotten. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

In his morphine-induced haze, Adam Dodd had to admit, there was a lot less pain and his arm sure looked a hell of a lot better, if not a little pinker. Regardless though, he needed to make certain not to move around a whole lot, and as such as the others tended to Marcus, he sat against a rock near the riverbed, just watching. He wanted to help, he really did, but walking didn't seem to be in his immediate future. As such, he just sat around and scanned the area, his mind wandered hazily. He'd be in a hell of a spot if someone like Jacob Starr came along and tried to fuck with him. In fact, Adam probably wouldn't be able to prevent much of it from happening. Thankfully though, he still had the gun in his pants, and all the weaponry in his pack. Where his shotgun had wandered off to, he didn't know. Glancing around, he saw Amanda holding it, tending to Marcus, who'd finally been able to sit up.

Well, if Jacob comes along, my girlfriend can just go and fuck him up some. Heh, that's awesome...my girlfriend's got a fuckin' shotgun. Hah, that's great. I have a girlfriend...fuck yeah.

As Adam's mind wandered even more, it wandered over to the mass gathered around Marcus again. He couldn't help but shake his head though, as his vision was still a little fuzzy. He watched Hawley walk over to Marcus, Madelaine following him, he assumed she probably was looking concerned, as he had remembered her to look most of the time. He could tell by her uniform, as the faces were still a little blurry. Sighing, he let his vision drift the other way, and couldn't help blink in surprise when he saw the exact same uniform - on a person, no less, stumble and fall over a rock, crying out a little.

What...the...fuck!?

Adam couldn't help but stare. He was TRIPPING. At least, he figured he was. Quickly glancing over to the mass, he saw the same uniform, over there as well. Apparently, she was in two different places at the same time. Shaking his head again, and in a loud voice, Adam looked at Madelaine by the group, and called out in bewilderment.

"Madelaine...hey...how the FUCK did you do that?"

With a perplexed look, Madelaine turned from what she was doing and looked at Adam quizzically. Adam shook his head again in bewilderment.

"No...seriously...that's absolutely NUTS...how the FUCK did you manage to get yourself in like...two places at once? Like...you're here...you're there...you're here...you're there...but NO TIME PASSES! You've gotta teach me how to do that shit, man...DAMN."

As he spoke, he motioned from Madelaine, to...well, the other Madelaine, and back and forth again. The perplexed looks on everyone were apparent, as Adam really wasn't making any sense. Amanda walked over, the concern (yet a small smirk) evident on her face, and she patted Adam on the back and sat down beside him, putting her arm around him.

"Now...Adam...I know you've had some morphine, but that doesn't mean you can go off and make a scene...I mean, I know we're all under pressure and everything, but...come on, Adam...don't go off the deep end on me, okay?"

Her kind smile was greeted by Adam's look of absolute puzzlement. Did no one believe him? Was he REALLY crazy? Or was it REALLY the morphine talking? Amanda looked up at him with a look that showed concern yet amusement, and while he really did love looking at her face, she needed to believe him...

"But...but Amanda...I'm not kidding...she's really in two places at once...seriously, look. Madelaine's there...and then, without moving, she's there too!"

As Adam pointed to the other girl in the uniform, Amanda's eyes went wide, and she jumped up, shotgun in hand. The poor girl seemed to have fallen, and although from here, she looked harmless, Amanda quickly decided that the best option was still to be safe.

Stepping over quickly to the fallen girl, she held the shotgun in her hands and bent down beside her.

"Hey there, are you all right?"

Amanda glanced over and saw that this new arrival seemed to be the recipient of a badly skinned knee.

Adam, of course, sat there and continued to watch the scene with growing bewilderment. He hadn't even seen her get up, or so it seemed.

"Man, I didn't know my girlfriend was the Flash, too..."
[+] V7

B042 - Connor Lorenzen: "You— you're gonna have to live with this for— for a long time. A long time, and I hope you do, brother. Really."

B005 - Claudeson Bademosi: "May you see your Redeemer face to face and enjoy the vision of God forever."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20

[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

Ross Miller

2: I Wait on You Inside the Bottom of the Deep Blue Sea; July 13, 2018 - ongoing

V6 (2015)
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

V3: B007 - Keith Jackson: At the end of the road he's running, looking back to survey where he's been.
V1/3: B077 - Adam Dodd: You either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain. The truth lies somewhere in between.
V1: B087 - Sidney Crosby: It's only cowardice if other people are around to tell you so. Otherwise, it's survival.
V2: B013 - Andrew Ponikarovsky: Probably could have used a proper license and a driving lesson.
V1: G005 - Amanda Jones: A breath of fresh air, and in the end, that was all it took.
Slayer†

Post by Slayer† »

"Who are you?" David asked the newcomer, walking over to her with his gun raised. He had been keeping a silent watch for other students, and how this girl slipped past was beyond him. No matter, she was eventually discovered.

"Why shouldn't I just shoot you now, whoever you are? It would save us a lot of trouble."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Slayer.
OnceForgotten†

Post by OnceForgotten† »

"D-d-d-dont be S-s-s-stupid D-d-d-dave"
Marcus said, painfully drawing himself to his feet with the help of several people. He looked at the new arrival and noticed she was wearing the same uniform as Madelaine. Somehow they got two from the same school, but a different school than the main one...
MArcus looked around at the others to see what their reaction was. Adam seemed bewildered and slightly glassy eyed, and was still leaning up against a tree. Amanda was the same way minus the glassyness, and was holding the shot gun defensively. David was suspicius and hostile as usual. Madelaine herself had pritty much an unreadable expression, and seemed to be deep and thought. He could not see Hawley or Callum, as they were behind him looking at his hamburger of a back.
"The g-g-g-girl is n-n-n-not goin to h-h-h-hurt you."

Marcus grabbed his paper, frustrated at how slow his thoughts were transfered through the spoken word.

She would have done it already! She is obviously scared/sad/hurt, I think we should see what her problem is. I am not implying, though, that we should drop our guard, because a trap is always a possiblility, but we are supposed to be "good guys", right?
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler OnceForgotten. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

Snapping out of her slight delerium, Amanda frowned and stepped over to David, giving him a look of pure disgust.

"Marcus is right. What the hell's the matter with you, David? Since when do you go around shooting people for no reason? God, what the hell would your parents think to hear you talking like that? You should be ashamed of yourself."
[+] V7

[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

Ross Miller

V6 (2015)
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

Slayer†

Post by Slayer† »

"I would feel sorry if I had not been stupid enough to leave you slone last time someone came! We were lucky that Adam showed up, I'm not going to risk someone finishing the job that that other kid started. How do we know she isn't acting and won't try to kill us? We don't, that's the answer." David snapped back, breifly looking at Amanda with a trace of either annoyance or shame (the loook was too quick to tell) before bringing his eyes back on the new girl.

"As stupid and overpatriotic as it seems, I made a promise to help you get off this god damned island alive, I almost broke it once, and I'll be damned if I do it again!" he took a deep breath and addressed the new girl now.

"Look, I won't hurt you, just tell me who you are, and don't do anything stupid, okay? I don't know if you're an enemy, so don't prove that you are."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Slayer.
LadyMakaze†

Post by LadyMakaze† »

As Nanami looked away from the other uniformed girl to see another girl, much taller and holding a shotgun in her hands, she let out a sudden gasp of fright, scrambling back a bit. She barely heard the strange girl asking her if she was alright. All she could stare at with nervousness was the shotgun that she held.

Her fear intensified when a boy approached, raising his gun and announcing how killing her right there and then would save the entire group a whole lot of trouble. By now she was on the verge of tears. It was bad enough that a girl with a shotgun, of all things, approached her. But this new stranger was a boy, much more rowdy, much more dangerous than any girl. She hid her eyes behind pale, shaking hands, letting out gasps and sobs as both girl and boy began to argue.

Oh my God., she thought, her head spinning in a panic. I'm going to get killed now...this is it! I only wanted to live a day longer! Oh God, just give me one more day! An hour, just give me more time!

Madelaine, who had been focused on helping Marcus and Hawley, did not notice the girl at first, though she did turn to look with an incredulous, perplexed look on her face at Adam's babbling about being in two places at once. She raised an eyebrow, shaking her head a bit and looking away, deciding that this was just the effect of morphine.

Reading over what Marcus had written down, she raised her eye in confusion. "What girl?" She inquired. It was then that she suddenly noticed that both David and Amanda were arguing about something, concerning a newcomer that had happened to stumble in, literally, on the group.

"Who's there?" she asked, standing up a bit. When her eyes fell upon the small girl, face hidden behind her hands, as well as the uniform she was wearing, she froze suddenly.

There had to be at least 500 students who had enrolled in Seiwa Junior High, though 300 were girls. One girl out of those 300...the chances were extremely slim...but somehow, Madelaine knew as soon as she saw her crying form, that it just had to be...

"...Nanami?" she murmured, trembling slightly. Her stance weakened a bit as she stepped forward, almost unsteadily. "It can't be..."

At the sound of a familiar voice speaking out her name, Nanami immediately stopped crying and lifted her tear-streaked face to stare at her childhood friend and former schoolmate. Her lip trembled slightly as she recognized her immediately.

"Shirohara-san...," she cried out, almost wanting to break into tears again.

Madelaine immediately rushed forward to kneel in front of Nanami, locking her small form in a tight embrace. At first, she thought that she could never believe it...but holding her like that, hearing the name Nanami had used to address her since childhood, Madelaine soon realized that against all odds, she was able to meet her best friend again.

"How could this..." Madelaine was lost for words. "How did you....?"

After stopping for a stunned, silent moment as Madelaine held her, Nanami immediately hugged her back, sobbing fully now. "Th-they kidnapped me...Th-these people...on my way to school.... I moved you know?"

Madelaine let go of her and looked into her eyes now, her hands over Nanami's shoulders. "You...moved? Why didn't you tell me? Those letters..."

At this, Nanami's mind raced, trying to come up with an excuse. Quick! Think of something!

"Er...well...," She began, deciding to make it up as she went along. "...we had only arrived a few days ago..."
That was a lie, she had been in America since three weeks ago.

"...everything was really busy, since I had to adjust to my new school and unpack and all that..."
Another lie, the unpacking took only a whole day with little trouble.

"...but really, I was going to write to you once I had the time..."
Big, fat, lie. Nanami had no intention of letting Madelaine know that she had moved to America.

Nanami had always made a habit to make excuses and lie her way out of uncomfortable situations, even to someone who trusted her, like Madelaine herself. But it was not as though such a small lie like that would actually hurt anybody, right?

Despite her hesitant speech, and the fact that she was looking away from Madelaine nervously as she said this, Shirohara-san still seemed to believe her, for she nodded calmly and smiled gently.

"I see..." Madelaine said in reply, continuing to gaze at Nanami with a smile. Even now, that kind of smile irritated Nanami, for all its kindness and sincerity. Nanami herself could only force smiles to console herself in uncomfortable situations.

"Well...," Madelaine continued. "I'm just...." She hesitated for a moment before holding onto Nanami again. "I'm just glad that we get to see eachother again...I thought we'd never....again...."

"...Yeah..." Nanami murmured, hugging her awkwardly, smiling a bit. It was one of those forced, paste-on smiles. "I'm glad to see you again..."

Another lie.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler LadyMakaze. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
riserugu†

Post by riserugu† »

At Madelaine’s question he glanced tilted his hand looking to it oddly, “I must have cut it when I fell.” He said, taking the end of the sleeve of his long-sleeved shirt pushing it against the nick on his hand.

As time passed Hawley had been busy looking over the wounds over Marcus’s back to really pay attention to what was going on around him, the wounds themselves weren’t very deep, in fact they weren’t deep at all. It was the sheer fact there was so many, and the steady flow of blood from them was what was scaring him about it.

Though when Adam’s dazed voice filled the air, proclaiming Madelaine’s unknown ability to appear to places at once is what got him looking up and away from the wounds and toward the other boy.

‘Adam and morphine doesn't work…’ He took note lightly, pushing himself from his crouched position startled somewhat when David pulled his gun, pointing it off to where a person he hadn’t noticed until now. Dressed in the same uniform as Madelaine, a look of fear on her face…

As Marcus showed them what he had written, he couldn’t help but nod in agreement with both his written words, and Amanda's spoken ones to David but as Madelaine went into motion, it seeming as though both girls did indeed know one another and both also seemed rather happy to have one another, he couldn't help but watch some.

Smiling lightly, he turned moving back to his bag and grabbing it as to now start work on fixing up Marcus to the best of his abilities, though paused glancing to Adam no doubt in his own little world of happiness at the moment. “Holding up alright?”

He questioned lightly, taking out one of the water bottles he still had left over holding one out. “Here, try and drink up. It’ll help.”
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler riserugu. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
LadyMakaze†

Post by LadyMakaze† »

For the moment, all of Madelaine's attention was focused on her best friend since childhood, Nanami. Now, she continued to hold onto Nanami, as the shorter girl buried her face into Madelaine's shoulder, letting out muffled sobs and soaking her blazer with tears. At this, Madelaine could not help but feel a tinge of nostalgia. She remembered holding onto Nanami like this while she cried over this incident concerning some boy, back in junior high...though she never knew the details. Nanami always got hurt over seemingly petty things...it was understandable how someone like her could break down completely in situation like this.

"What'll we do....?" Nanami whispered in a trembling voice. "We're gonna die, aren't we? Someone's gonna come and kill us....What'll we do...? What'll happen to us now?"

What will happen to us now? The same thought resurfaced in Madelaine's mind with a renewed effect. But she struggled to push it away.

Gently letting go of Nanami and looking into her tear-stained eyes, Madelaine held onto her shoulders, trying to comfort her with words and a smile.

"We're not going to die," she said gently. "We'll think of something, and we'll get out of this alive, together." Nanami stared at her, wide-eyed in surprise.

"...Get out of this...?" Nanami echoed Madelaine's words. her tears had stopped abruptly. "Alive...? Together?"

Madelaine nodded at her, and smiled again, this time reflecting a calm determination. "Yeah...all of us...this whole group...we'll definately find a way to escape this place. If we can protect eachother like this...we'll definately find a way, somehow." At her own words, Madelaine felt her own spirits lift a little. It was as though her reunion with Nanami had renewed her will to pull through all of this alive.

But Nanami did not smile back, nor did she seem to share her enthusiasm. Rather, she looked away uncomfortably.

"All of us...?" Nanami murmured awkwardly. "These....these strange people? You trust them...?"

At this, Madelaine raised her eyebrows in surprise, but replied calmly, "Yeah....I trust them with my life." At this, Nanami could only stare at her in a stunned expression, looking as though she was about to break down again.

"But...you SAW what they did!" Nanami replied, almost crying out now. Her pale hands were clasped against her knees. "They...that girl, with the shotgun....and that other boy, threatening to shoot me...." Her voice trailed off, as though unwilling to recall the very thought, and she looked away from Madelaine again, her voice breaking again. "I can't....I don't want to be with this group....I'd rather not stay with them. I want to leave, now."

Madelaine stared back at her, almost speechless. "Don't be ridiculous...you can't just go out there alone! That's...that's just insane....you'll only get yourself killed!"

A moment of silence stretched out between them, as Nanami's lower lip trembled slightly, her eyes welling up tears, threatening another breakdown. Indeed, Nanami was once again on the verge of tears.

"What do you mean....alone?" Nanami whispered. "You're not going to let me go out there alone, are you? ...You're going to stay with this group, and leave me alone, then? You don't even know them that well! You're going to ditch me for THEM?"

At this words, Madelaine flinched, as though a blow had been delivered to the side of her face, leaving a tinge of guilt at her careless words. No...she never intended to leave Nanami on her own...not like this... Who knows who she would encounter, and what will happen to her if Madelaine were not around?

"No..." Madelaine finally said quietly. "Look...see? You're being silly again." She searched for her pocket handkerchief, only to remember that she had left it in at the clinic hours ago. "Listen...I won't leave you alone, okay...?"

"Then don't!" Nanami cried, holding onto Madelaine again, tears flowing freely now. "You promised you'd always stand by me, remember? You promised you'd never leave me alone... You promised...."

How strange...Madelaine thought to herself. But she supposed that Nanami's attitude and reactions were reasonable, given the situation they were in. After all... it seemed that the poor girl needed someone to look after her and stand beside her, more than ever. And it was not as though it were the first time that Nanami has pleaded to her like this.

"You're right...I promised..." Madelaine said quietly, holding her. "And I'll keep that promise. I swear, I'll never leave you alone again."

At these words, Nanami's tears seemed to cease slightly. She replied quietly, struggling to hold back congested sobs, "You swear...? Really?"

Madelaine smiled, holding onto Nanami tightly now, for all their friendship meant to her. "I swear by my life."

At first, Nanami paused for a silent moment. It seemed as though her sobs had ceased suddenly. For a while, she did nothing but continued to hold onto Madelaine. But now...she lifted her face slightly so that it was alongside Madelaine's ear. And she spoke quietly, her voice breaking not once.

"Then that means....if I go, then you're coming with me."

It took a while for these words to register themselves fully in Madelaine's mind. But it was then that Madelaine realized what Nanami meant. It was already clear that Nanami had no intention to stay with the group. If she were to keep her promise to Nanami...then she would...as well...

Madelaine pulled back slightly and stared at Nanami, only to turn over her shoulder and look towards the group. She had made promises to herself, to stick with them for as long as was still alive, to help them live long enough to find a way to escape. She even made a promise to Amanda, whom Madelaine gazed at now with an unreadable expression on her face.

No matter what, I can protect the both of us...

But...she had to protect Nanami, her best friend since childhood. Could she still do that, and keep her promise to Amanda as well? As reluctant as she was to admit it...it was impossible.

Never before had she been forced to make a decision, to choose who to stand by from now until the very end. And now, gazing at the group of newfound friends, while at the same time still holding onto her best friend....she was torn.

=====================================

Nanami had always been a crybaby. If something upset her, or bothered her, she cried. This was her way of dealing with things, and she could not help it. She just did not know how to deal with it either way. But now...after making such a habit of shedding tears and crying at every uncomfortable situation...she wondered vaguely if they were even real tears anymore. Perhaps she just shed tears because she felt like it.

But this was her way of influencing Shirohara-san. No matter how much Shirohara-san scolded her for being 'silly', or told her what to do and what not, always Nanami could get her way by crying like this. Even now, it did not fail.

As much as she resented Shirohara-san, Nanami needed her. She wanted to live, and survive this, and just go home to live a normal, happy life. In order to do that, she needed Shirohara-san. And Nanami knew that for sure...

...Shirohara-san would gladly let herself die for the sake of the ones she cared for the most.

And as long as she was with Nanami, Shirohara-san would do all she can to keep Nanami alive, even if it meant the cost of her own life. Nanami knew this, and though it irritated her slightly, this kind of devotion...she decided that now, she could put it to good use.

After all, to keep Shirohara-san by her side....it was not about staying with her best friend until the end. It was simply a means to survive.
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

Still sitting on the rock, Adam Dodd watched the situation growing unusually with an increasing about of unease. He had finally managed to get some decent vision back, but his head still felt as if it were in the clouds. To be honest with himself, he felt high.

Heh, oh yeah...I am high. Man, I hope this morphine crap wears off soon...heh...

As he listened to the exchange between Madelaine and the new girl, his brow furrowed. Apparently, this girl and Madelaine were known to each other - and although Adam'd never seen her before in his life, it seemed that she wanted Madelaine to go off with her. And to Adam's surprise, Madelaine seemed quite conflicted. Glancing over the faces of the group, he noticed the look of guilt and, at the same time, the look of worry on Amanda's face. Amanda had grown very close to Madelaine, and if Madelaine left, that might mean that Amanda would leave too. And if she left, Adam would have to leave. And then Hawley might not want to leave, so Adam'd be torn.

Fuck, how is it that I end up the one in the middle here? Damnit all...

As the girl sniffed back more tears and cried some more, Adam couldn't help but shake his head. He needed to say something, that much was obvious. Loudly clearing his throat, he threw up his hands in frustration. His words were obviously slurred from the morphine, and he definitely sounded a little high.

"Jeez...aren't you just a whiny bitch? Would you PLEASE shut the fuck up, and stop crying already? This isn't a day care...this is not a nursery...we don't want to have to change your fucking diapers. At least...I'm not changing any diapers. These hands..." Adam held up his hands, and glanced at them. "Well, these hands, they don't touch poo. No, no. But really...you can't leave. I mean...you never know where the danger zones are going to be. There could be one...HERE...or....THERE...or...OVER THERE...you just don't know! And I mean...you don't look all that well-armed. And...you know...if your walking skill is any indication...well...hun, I don't know...how effective you're going to be with any weapon, and unless your tears are acidic in nature, which would make you one...creepy...creepy girl, you might end up getting fucked. Not...like, proper...fucked, or anything. But like...figuretively."

Adam paused for a second and gave his head a shake. He needed to get back on track.

"And...like...a group, such as the one here, well, it may be your best option at the moment. Sure, the girl over there has a shotgun. But...you know...it used to be my shotgun. At least, it was until Blaine over there attacked us and I had to kill him. Not my shining moment, I know. But I'm sorry if you don't agree with it, because either way there woulda been a body in the river tonight. I just...you know...had to make sure it wasn't my girlfriend's. Man, that sounds so strange to say it...heh..that's awesome. BUT ANYWAYS...yeah...so groups...groups are useful...mainly for like, protection and stuff. And like...if we were really that bad, would Madelaine still be alive? You know? I mean, her clothes are still inact, she's not just are Asian sex slave or anything. NOT that we do that. Shit, I gotta watch what I say. I'm a white guy, you know? I can't make any kind of fucking jokes. Otherwise I'm immediately a racist, a sexist, and a homophist. Er, homophobe. And I'm NOT! Really. Ask anyone. Like, seriously. Even ask Blaine. Although...he might not be able to tell you much."

Shifting his weight, he tried to stand from the rock, but stumbled a little and sat right back down.

"Damnit. But yeah...Madelaine's like...protected Amanda and stuff...and like...way I look at it...if you leave, Madelaine leaves. If Madelaine leaves...Amanda leaves. And if Amanda leaves...I leave. Problem is...I don't want to leave Hawley all here by his lonesome. He might start like, knitting a sweater or something. And like...if there's something I know, I have NO use for a pink sweater.

So like...honestly. There's no need for crying. Like...really. You're crying because you think you're going to get your way? What are you, four? Shit, my little brother cries less than you, and he's afraid of his own shadow. And...frankly, nobody here...aside from maybe David...is all that ugly. You know? And oh, Dave...I'm just kidding. I just....haven't mentioned you yet. And um...Marcus is cool too. Don't forget about him. He talks with paper. He's not ALL muscles. Well...I suppose if you think about it technically, he is. But...you know...his brain is AWESOME too. Sorry Marcus, I have a thing for your brain. Don't tell Amanda. She might get jealous. But yes. Um...crying...let's, um, let's just stop that, okay?"

As Adam rambled on, every single person in the valley was deadly silent, looking at him with a look of shock. Some found it hilarious, some were mortified, and others...others didn't know what to think. Amanda was shocked. Adam was high as a kite. Eyes wide, she looked at Adam, and walked right over to him, looked him straight in the eye, and put her hand on his shoulder.

"Adam....stop talking. NOW."

She then glanced over at Nanami to see her reaction.
[+] V7

[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

Ross Miller

V6 (2015)
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

LadyMakaze†

Post by LadyMakaze† »

Madelaine was suddenly jolted out of her trance at the sound of Adam's voice, turning to face him fully. Both girls stared in stunned, shocked silence at the around-6-foot redhead snapped out what appeared to be a morphine-induced rant of sorts, speaking out harsh, critical words directed towards Nanami alone.

At these words, Madelaine suddenly felt her shock melt into vexation at Adam's attitude towards Nanami. As she listened...as Adam continued rambling on without end of criticism towards Nanami, she felt something churning within her. It took her a while before she remembered that Adam was under the influence of morphine...but even so...this was something that she just could not let go.

Beside her, Nanami remained silent, staring mortified at Adam, as even more tears streamed down her cheeks, letting out pained sobs every once in a while. Madelaine noticed this, and the sight of Nanami crying only intensified her anger.

When Adam was finally finished, Madelaine allowed the tearful Nanami to cling to her again, if only for a few seconds. After that, Madelaine stood up with a dangerously calm and serene expression on her face, mildly dusting off the hems of her skirt. She then strode towards Adam, wordless, expressionless. Only when she was right in front of him did she raise her hand...

In one swift, fluid motion, she flung her palm out towards him to strike him smartly across the face.

Regaining her composure, ignoring her now sore fingers, she tilted her chin up towards Adam with a cold, defiant expression on her face.

"Had I not remembered that you're currently under the influence of morphine, I would have done more than just that," she said in a cold voice, full of contempt. "Once you've gotten ahold of yourself, I'll expect an apology from you. Don't forget that!"

==================================

Nanami had watched silently as Madelaine walked up to Adam to deliver a slap to the face, suddenly reminded of days long past. It was not the first time that Shirohara-san had defended her so fiercely. There was that incident when a group of boys tried to torment her, and Shirohara single-handedly scared them off with only words and a single slap.

It had always irritated her, somehow. Perhaps it was the fact that Nanami herself could not stand up to anybody at all without breaking down into tears and making a fool of herself. But what irritated her even more was the fact that this redheaded wierdo...probably pumped full of drugs or somesuch...had seen right through her act of manipulation.

But no matter...he was crazy at the moment...and besides, Shirohara-san would take her side, no matter what. But now, everyone in the group knew that she was a shadow to Madelaine, dependant on her to an alarming extend. In other words, a weakling. It was humiliating.

And now, it seemed that using Shirohara-san would prove to be more difficult. There were bonds already made that seemed unwilling to break, unable to separate. This would not do. As much as Nanami resented Shirohara-san, she had to have her all to herself. How else would she survive that way?

Already, her tactics seemed to be failing...perhaps in time, she would have to take more drastic measures.

Return to “The River”