"Though we may not survive it..."

A simple river which offers so much, such as a place to bath, a food source, and a fresh water source. Be careful... someone could easily sneak up on you while you are bathing, or gathering food and water.
LadyMakaze†

"Though we may not survive it..."

Post by LadyMakaze† »

((RESUMED FROM: Makeshift Hospital))

Finally collapsing to her knees at the riverside, Madelaine gasped, dropping her kit as painful gasps and heavy breaths tore out of her chest. Her head began to sway, as the thundering drumbeats of her own pulse shot through her head, distorting her vision slightly.

Their run had finally come to a halt. Only once they had reached the river did she finally let go, gasping to catch her breath. A sickening feeling filled her, but inside, she felt relieved. They had escaped...more or less unscathed, but they had escaped nonetheless.

Never before, not even in her days in gym class, had she ever run so much in her life. Nor did she imagine that she would be able to run so far....so fast.... But she supposed, that was the way humans were created. Made to run when in danger, never stopping once they felt that they were safe.

She looked towards their friends, making sure that they were still nearby. She was too exhausted, too pumped full of adrenaline to tell if she herself had been shot.

Her skin was sweltering underneath her uniform. Her cheeks flushed slightly as beads of sweat ran down the sides of her face and neck

"Are we alright....?" She uttered between heavy gasps. "Are we safe...? ....Are we still alive...?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler LadyMakaze. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Slayer†

Post by Slayer† »

OOC: You know where I'm continued from, but I'll tell you anyway. Continued from "G-19, stings like a bitch": http://s10.DEFUNCT_IF_LINK/SurvivalOfTheF...p?showtopic=292
IC: Jacob and David finally reached the river and found Amanda's group. Both looked like they had quite a hard time leaving the hospital, with some parts of Jacob's trenchcoat torn (using his knife to make bandages) and wrapped around David's ear and Jacob's leg. They were also both sweating from both the running and the stress of the recent battle. To be frank, both were surprised to be alive. Jacob had given back David's gun a few minutes after leaving the hospital, and they used David's ammo box to reload. The two were at ease with each other, implying that Jacob had convinced David he had decided to quit playing and try to find a way off. When they reached the group, the fact that they spoke at the same time would've been comical under less severe circumstances.

"Are you guys alright?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Slayer.
riserugu†

Post by riserugu† »

((Continued from: G19 - Stings like a Bitch))

Reaching the riverbed, Hawley allowed his body to collapse against the ground taking in as much air as his lungs could take at once. Closing his eyes as he leaned his head back somewhat trying to calm his speeding pulse and the thundering sounds of those gunshots still ringing in his ears.

He only likely heard Madelaine’s words, reopening his eyes as he glanced himself over looking around from any signs of wounds received during the gunfight back at the hospital. But seeing none, and feeling no pain he simply shook his head looking over to the two girls. “…How about you two.” He muttered through gasps of air, “Are you both alright?”

Breathing in again, he glanced off behind him as two more appeared. One he wasn’t to fond of seeing at all… namely after all that had happened, and all he had done. He wasn’t about to trust Jacob Starr as far as he could throw him, which of course wouldn’t be far but unless there was some high point nearby to drop him off of.

Even though his body was protesting the thought all together, he still moved onto his ignoring the throbbing pain in his knee and the pounding headache that was coming on he still moved to stand somewhat between Jacob, and the girls. Gripping his pistol, and bringing it out to point it toward the male in question.

Two-toned eyes narrowing lightly on Jacob as everything he had done that Hawley had either seen or heard of coming back. He wasn’t about to let this guy anywhere near them…
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler riserugu. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Slayer†

Post by Slayer† »

Jacob looked at Hawley with a tired glance and coughed heavily before he spoke. "Relax, Hawley, if I wanted to kill you, I wouldn't of helped you guys escape earlier, would I?" he said, sitting down near the bank of the river.

"I'm not playing this damn game anymore, I know there's a way out other than becoming mindless killers, there has to be!" as if to prove that he meant no harm, Jacob flicked on the safety of his gun, took the extra ammo he had out of his pockets, removed the knife from his belt and put it all in front of him, effectively disarming himself. David also rose to the boy's defense.

"He has a point Hawley. We'd be dead right now if he was hostile."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Slayer.
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

((Amanda continued from: G19 - Stings Like a Bitch))

As simply as Amanda could put it, she was done. Running, that is. Her body simply couldn't take anymore, and as she collapsed to the ground beside her two friends, she couldn't make up her mind as to what hurt more - the bleeding wound in her leg, or the burning sensation in her chest. She hadn't been the least athletic girl in the school, yet she hadn't been the most either, and as such she was absolutely exhausted from all the running. Being shot didn't help either, but that was a fact that had not, and would not settle in for a time. In fact, as she collapsed on the ground, her thoughts only really focused on Adam, and all of his experiences that he had recanted to her, telling her about his own near-death experiences, and she couldn't help but think that it was nothing compared to what Adam had gone through. People like Uriel Hunter, and Jacob Starr....

The same Jacob Starr who is standing right in front of me right now. This is the same guy that shot at and threw firebombs at the boy I'm in love with.

Amanda's eyes came into focus as she brushed away her tears. Her eyes narrowed as she looked at the boy - the evil boy whom Adam had spoke so low of. From what he had said - Jacob was the enemy.

Standing up, with great difficulty, she walked over to stand in front of Jacob and David, with Hawley a little behind her. Looking at the boy, she looked him up and down. This was the guy. This was the one that had tried to KILL Adam. He had failed, but he had tried to kill him.

Tried...to...kill him....

In one swift motion - which Amanda was inwardly shocked that she was doing, she grabbed the gun from in front of Jacob - who had disarmed himself, and as she raised it, she flicked off the safety, aiming it directly at Jacob's forehead with a shaky hand. All she could hear in her head was an old song, made famous by a Canadian band called the Guess Who, a band that Adam (who else?) had spoken of fondly on occasion. The song, 'No Time' had particular lyrics that echoed over and over in her head.

There's no time left for you...
no time left for you...

Blinking back tears, she looked at Jacob and all she could feel was utter disgust. A feeling that she had not felt much before. She was also feeling delerious, as she spit her words through clenched teeth.

"You...you bastard...you almost killed him...you fucking bastard..."
[+] V7

B027 - Morgan Dragosavich: "Now come on, you have a flight to catch."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - P7 - M1 - PPr1 - PPr2 - T1 - T2 - T3

B042 - Connor Lorenzen: "You— you're gonna have to live with this for— for a long time. A long time, and I hope you do, brother. Really."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - Pr1 - PoPr1 - T1

B005 - Claudeson Bademosi: "May you see your Redeemer face to face and enjoy the vision of God forever."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 -M1 - VPS - T1

B062 - Jeff Greene: "Wait a minute, you're not Palom—"
V7: 9 - 10 - 11

G042 - Ariana Moretti: "You were always here."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - M3 - T1 - T2 - T3
[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

1: The Essay; June 2, 2015
2: The Pizza; June 6, 2015
3: The Leak; June 7, 2015
4: The Safe; June 4, 2018
5: The Call; September 19, 2015

6: Coda
7: The Secret; June 4, 2018
8: ???; June 9, 2018
9: ???; June 10, 2018
10: ???; June 10, 2018
11: ???; September 13, 2018

Ross Miller

1: Shatterday; June 9, 2018
2: I Wait on You Inside the Bottom of the Deep Blue Sea; July 13, 2018 - ongoing

3: ???
4: ???
5: ???

Pregame: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - M1 - M2 - SP - Snapchat

Carl Fredericks/Steven Lorenzen: The Needs of the Many

V6 (2015)
Mrs. Ritch: Sweet Billy
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

V3: B007 - Keith Jackson: At the end of the road he's running, looking back to survey where he's been.
V1/3: B077 - Adam Dodd: You either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain. The truth lies somewhere in between.
V1: B087 - Sidney Crosby: It's only cowardice if other people are around to tell you so. Otherwise, it's survival.
V1: B092 - Eddie Serjeantson: Fully in charge, but not much of an arborist.
V2: B013 - Andrew Ponikarovsky: Probably could have used a proper license and a driving lesson.
V1: G005 - Amanda Jones: A breath of fresh air, and in the end, that was all it took.
V3: B099 - John Sheppard: Went out with a bang.
V3: B122 - Ryan Atwell: Couldn't help but write a "Dear John" letter.
riserugu†

Post by riserugu† »

Hawley watched as Jacob moved lightly, dropping his aim some as he turned to face him. Though passed a look to David with an annoyed sigh, “Personally David, I’m going to be blunt here. Shut the fuck up, this has nothing to do with you, alright?” He muttered lightly.

“I can’t personally believe anything that he says, not after all I went through because of him. He’s the reason many people are dead in cold blood… he’s the reason Alan is dead, and he’s probably more than enough of the reason that Edward had to die. And you more than tried to kill both Adam and myself twice!”

Saying that he was mad at the moment, would be quite the understate of the year. Furious as hell would be a better expiation of what was running through his at the moment, so once more he rose his weapon at pointing it toward where the young man now sat.

Amanda’s sift movements to grab, and liberate Jacob’s gun from him caused his aim to waver some as too what could be happening, though seeing the girl unto the trigger of the weapon and fix it on Jacob as well. He couldn’t help the smirk that crossed his features as he fixed his gun on the boy sitting by the water’s edge again.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler riserugu. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
LadyMakaze†

Post by LadyMakaze† »

Looking about her, it was not long until Madelaine forgot her exhaustion completely, as David and the newcomer approached them, only to be met with less than welcome greetings. She simply stared as Hawley refused to remove his aim on the newcomer Jacob, even as he went far enough to disarm himself without prompt. That frantic feeling churned inside of her again...

"Hawley, stop-"

She was cut short as Amanda grabbed the gun Jacob had just dropped and aimed it towards him, flicking off the trigger, uttering in a low voice words of hate and contempt. It was soon clear that both Hawley and Amanda had reason to hate this boy, and no doubt, their anger would take over....and then...

Madelaine's eyes widened in shock. This was not what she wanted to see her friends doing.... she had to do something...before they did something they would all regret in the end.

She stood up immediately as all exhaustion abandoned her.

"Stop it!" She raised her voice, indicating towards her friends.

She looked towards Jacob, speaking out in a firm voice. "Look....just leave already. You'll only bring trouble. You can take your knife and we'll let you leave peacefully. I'm sorry, but you can't stay here."

Turning towards both Hawley and Amanda, she raised her voice. "Stop it now. You'll only regret it in the end if you do something rash."

She turned to look towards David. "I trust their judgement. I'm sorry, David. But you can leave if you want. There's no need for trouble."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler LadyMakaze. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Slayer†

Post by Slayer† »

"What are you doing?" Jacob asked, arching one eyebrow in surprise at Amanda's sudden action. Glancing at Hawley, he spoke with a surprising calm considering being held at gunpoint.

"I know what I did, and no matter how much I regret it, it cannot be changed." Then he stood up and gripped the gun Amanda had taken from him. "I can understand all of you being angry at me, with all the people I've killed and hurt, some your friends, maybe family. But you have to believe me, I want to beat this thing. I gave in before, I do not want to do it again." Jacob then looked at Amanda again.

"If you two are still angry at me when we've beaten this, we can settle our differences, but for now we should work to destroy this barbaric contest, not one of the competitors."
riserugu†

Post by riserugu† »

At Madeline’s words his aim wavered once more before dropping all together, he replacing the gun in his pocket. Glancing to Jacob, the anger still visible through his features and remaining even as Jacob spoke, but his turn-around from psychotic killer, to a member of the side of good and all wanting to find another way of this island.

“That’s the thing you don’t understand, I don't trust you and I won’t. You can find your own way off this island, but I’m not going to be a part of it… I can’t believe your words of this sudden change in you.” He muttered clearly, turning to glance at Amanda lightly.

“…And I refuse to allow you to stay with these two.” He said, motioning briefly to both Madelaine, and Amanda. “So leaving now would probably be your best option, because the next time I aim my gun at you. I’m not going to hesitate to do everything in my power to end your life where you stand.”
Slayer†

Post by Slayer† »

"That's reasonable." Jacob said, taking his pistol from Amanda, flicking the safety back on, and picking up his ammo and knife, putting each in his pockets or on his belt.

"From your words, I assume it's safe to conclude that the next time we meet it will be as enemies? Very well. I did not expect you to trust me, but at least you did not shoot on sight." as he turned to leave, walking up the river and past the bodies of Morgana and Rais, he turned to David.

"I trust you will stay with them?" David nodded sullenly.

"I'm sorry, I promised to keep Amanda safe. I can't go with you, friends or not." Jacob seemed to accept this and continued on his way up the path, contemplating his next destination.

(Continued in: Walking into the House of Blood)
LadyMakaze†

Post by LadyMakaze† »

(OOC: I'm amazed that Jacob managed to practically GRAB the gun away from her without getting shot in the face. Lets see what d0dders shall do...)
Slayer†

Post by Slayer† »

OOC: He's been right in front of her for that whole conversation, trying to get his gun back. You'd think he would eventually manage to take it.
Chase†

Post by Chase† »

((If Amanda, who sounds pretty pissed right now, pulled the trigger it wouldn't matter if he got his gun or not. He'd be gone, and not like in the way you posted... oh well, wait and see.))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Chase. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Slayer†

Post by Slayer† »

OOC: I know that. The point is he took it before she fired. Anyway, let's wait.
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

((Okay, yeah...I'm kinda wondering what the fuck here. You drop your gun, you can't just grab it out of someone's hands without them doing anything. Otherwise John Lennon'd probably still be alive today. Like come on, man. Add some fucking realism here. You have to make an attempt to grab the gun, you can't just take it. Like you can't just go and take someone's virginity. Generally you have to ask for it first. ...okay, bad example. But still. Regardless...I'll roll with it.))

As the gun left her hand, Amanda felt the rage within her begin to simmer down a little. In fact, it steeply declined as she felt all of the power that she had held in her hands simply disappear in the blink of an eye. Feeling weakened, she took a step back as she watched Jacob turn away from the group. As her rage subsided, she took a mental step backwards.

Oh my god...my finger was on the trigger...my finger was on the fucking trigger and I almost pulled the trigger and I almost killed him...

As the thought hit her, Amanda felt herself weaken, both mentally and physically. Her knees buckling, she turned to Madelaine and simeltaneously collapsed against the girl and began to cry. As the tears flowed freely down her face, she couldn't help but think that same thought over and over in her head.

I almost killed him.

It was true, that the boy who had stood in front of her was almost responsible for Adam and Hawley's deaths almost three times over, and had killed more than enough people, more than likely some of her friends, she couldn't help but feel as if a part of her, some fragile part of her had, at that exact moment that she remorselessly pointed the gun at his forehead, some small part of her had died.

As she buried her head into Madelaine's thigh, the tears running down her face, her knees digging into the dirt around the river, Amanda briefly wondered if she could have actually killed the boy? Would she ever have been able to live with herself? The thought only made her cry harder, and as she did, she managed to lift her face from Madelaine's uniform for a moment, if only to gasp out a single sentence to her, so quiet that only she could hear.

"I...I need to find Adam...if I do nothing else, I need to find him..."
[+] V7

B027 - Morgan Dragosavich: "Now come on, you have a flight to catch."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - P7 - M1 - PPr1 - PPr2 - T1 - T2 - T3

B042 - Connor Lorenzen: "You— you're gonna have to live with this for— for a long time. A long time, and I hope you do, brother. Really."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - Pr1 - PoPr1 - T1

B005 - Claudeson Bademosi: "May you see your Redeemer face to face and enjoy the vision of God forever."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 -M1 - VPS - T1

B062 - Jeff Greene: "Wait a minute, you're not Palom—"
V7: 9 - 10 - 11

G042 - Ariana Moretti: "You were always here."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - M3 - T1 - T2 - T3
[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

1: The Essay; June 2, 2015
2: The Pizza; June 6, 2015
3: The Leak; June 7, 2015
4: The Safe; June 4, 2018
5: The Call; September 19, 2015

6: Coda
7: The Secret; June 4, 2018
8: ???; June 9, 2018
9: ???; June 10, 2018
10: ???; June 10, 2018
11: ???; September 13, 2018

Ross Miller

1: Shatterday; June 9, 2018
2: I Wait on You Inside the Bottom of the Deep Blue Sea; July 13, 2018 - ongoing

3: ???
4: ???
5: ???

Pregame: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - M1 - M2 - SP - Snapchat

Carl Fredericks/Steven Lorenzen: The Needs of the Many

V6 (2015)
Mrs. Ritch: Sweet Billy
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

V3: B007 - Keith Jackson: At the end of the road he's running, looking back to survey where he's been.
V1/3: B077 - Adam Dodd: You either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain. The truth lies somewhere in between.
V1: B087 - Sidney Crosby: It's only cowardice if other people are around to tell you so. Otherwise, it's survival.
V1: B092 - Eddie Serjeantson: Fully in charge, but not much of an arborist.
V2: B013 - Andrew Ponikarovsky: Probably could have used a proper license and a driving lesson.
V1: G005 - Amanda Jones: A breath of fresh air, and in the end, that was all it took.
V3: B099 - John Sheppard: Went out with a bang.
V3: B122 - Ryan Atwell: Couldn't help but write a "Dear John" letter.

Return to “The River”