Girls #26-GAME START

A dirt path that seems to lead everywhere and nowhere. It branches outwards and all sorts of directions, leading this way and that.
LadyMakaze†

Girls #26-GAME START

Post by LadyMakaze† »

Other than wandering around aimlessly without end and perhaps bursting into frightened tears on occasion, Nanami Nishida had done little since her awakening on this island. She wandered alone, her head turning this way and that, nervously looking for any soul that could be lurking nearby. Every time she thought she saw or heard the nearby presence of another human, she would immediately break into a panicked run, preferring to remain alone than to face death at the hands of a stranger.

Yes, there were strangers here. And they were here to kill. They were on this island to kill her. And what could she do, other than just cry, and run off on her own? She hated running away...but she hardly wished for death either. She could kill to protect herself...but just how could she do such a thing? As always, she continued to wallow in indecision.

Now, she walked around aimlessly along the dirt path with her shoulders hunched over, grasping the strap of her kit, letting out quiet sobs at every little sudden noise that startled her. Tears started to form at the corners of her eyes. Most likely, she would start crying again.

She was alone. For the moment, it meant safety, though without guarantees. But this was what truly made Nanami both nervous and frightened. Usually, she always had someone to look after her, and protect her. Usually that someone would know exactly what she should do in a situation like this. Usually, someone would always comfort her whenever she was feeling upset, unhappy, or frightened.

Usually, that someone would be Shirohara-san.

Yes...she thought to herself, smiling a bit as she wiped away tears. She would know what to do. She'd stick by me, always...As long as I was with her, I didn't have to do a thing... I could always rely on her. I could just cling to her arm like a child, never having to worry about a thing, not having to make such hard decisions, never having to worry about looking after myself....

Her smile faded into a slightly bitter expression.

"How pathetic..." Nanami murmured to herself, picking up the pace as she continued along the dirt path to some unknown location. It was hardly a great feeling, having to rely on someone your whole life, knowing that you were too weak to be independant. What made Nanami even more bitter was the realization that now, she may need Shirohara-san's help more than ever.

But whatever...she's probably one of the lucky ones, not having to get caught up in this mess...

Taking comfort in reminding herself that those days of relying on Shirohara-san were over, she continued to make her way along the path, no longer sobbing, no longer shedding tears.

((TO BE CONTINUED: THE RIVER))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler LadyMakaze. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.

Return to “Dirt Path”