Under Pressure

A hillside cliff. The drop isn't that far down. In fact, the most injury you can sustain from sliding down this cliff are just some bruises. The cliff is a good lookout point for anybody that plans on sniping out the competition.
Theseus†

Under Pressure

Post by Theseus† »

((continued from I Love Rock 'n' Roll))

Um boom ba bay
Um boom ba bay
Um Um boom ba bay bay

Pressure pushing down on me
Pressing down on you no man ask for
Under pressure
That burns a building down
Splits a family in two
Puts people on streets

Jeremy had heard this song once before, and it was pretty decent, as he listened to it blare on his radio he started driving, and didn't realize the cliff was up ahead. When it appeared and he saw the drop off he spun the steering wheel to the left, breaking the car right before it went off the cliff. He sighed knowing it was a close call, and he started to drive away from the cliff, waiting for the girl to show up. Jeremy stopped driving and went through his bag, searching for a fresh clip for his shotgun.

He unloaded the current clip and placed a fresh one in complete with 8 rounds. He smiled and placed it on his lap, as he drove away from the cliff, because he was wary of being close to it.

Um ba ba bay
Um ba ba bay
Dee day duh
Ee day duh

It's the terror of knowing
What this world is about
Watching some good friends
Screaming get me out!
Tomorrow takes me higher
Pressure on people
People on streets

Jeremy stopped his car, and gripped his shotgun with both hands. He waited for the inevitable arrival of his chaser. He felt another bloody cough coming, but he supressed it and smiled. Thinking out loud to himself he said, "So this is my big show. I never really thought about the end, but I guess this is what it's like."

Jeremy looked down at his wounds and smiled, "I'm surprised I made it this far truth be told. But Danya, I know you can hear me. America, I know you can all hear me. Remember me, and know that when I die, I am going to die my own terms, and not by this game. I want you all to know that Jeremy Torres is the true winner of Survival of the Fittest."

Day day day
da da dup bup bup
Okay

Chippin' around
kick my brains round the floor
These are the days
It never rains but it pours
Ee do bay bup
Ee do bay ba bup
Ee do bup
Bay bup
People on streets
Dee da dee da day
People on streets
Dee da dee da dee da dee da

Jeremy looked out, waiting for the girl's car to come through the same path he took, and he awaited her in his car. He then thought of something, and he reached into his bag, and found a pencil and a notebook. Opening to a blank page he began to write, and write fast.

When he was satisfied with what he wrote, he ripped out the page and folded it and placed it in his right pocket. Smiling and rested his head back on his seat and held his shotgun, waiting to hear the sound of another car approaching, and he awaited the coming engagement.

It's the terror of knowing
What this world is about
Watching some good friends
Screaming let me out!
Tomorrow takes me high high higher

Turned away from it all
Like the blind man
Sat on a fence but it don't work
Keep coming up with love
But it's so slashed and torn
Why why why?

(Love, love, love, love)
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Theseus. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

(Continued from: I Love Rock 'n' Roll.)

A loud roar was heard as Lucinda's car bounced into the area, it bumping up and down slightly as she flew over bumps, ruts, and uneven ground. All at once, the breaks squealed and the car came to an abrupt stop as it faced down the car of Jeremy Torres directly in front of her. A large smile formed on Lucinda's lips once again as she inched closer at a slow pace, all the while preparing her shotgun to be fired. When she was close enough to be in hearing range, she called out to the boy through the rolled down window.

"What do you think you are, anyway? Some sort of martyr? You're just like me you fool! You're just another pawn of this game! Trying to kill people to save yourself, what's what you're doing, no matter how you look at it! You're just like me, just like everyone else on this island!"

Almost instantaneously, Luci fired off another shot from the shotgun directly toward the boy's car. Granted, her aim wasn't very well off now that she was down to the one eye, but it would do. The engine revved once again as the car continued to creep forward, slowly starting to speed up. Holding her foot on the gas pedal, Luci hung the shotgun out of the driver's side window again and fired another shot, this time though, her aim was way off. Groaning loudly, she couldn't help but scream a few more words out the window.

"Just die already!"

Just who did this boy think he was, anyway? He was no martyr, no saint. He'd most likely killed people on this island, just like probably every other remaining contestant. Now, he claimed that he was the 'good guy'. Did that make Luci the villain? Not as if she cared anymore, but how could hold himself in such high regard against all the others left on this island, all that were fighting for their lives. Some, Luci reckoned, like herself, were just far more passionate than others in their endeavors.

Pulling herself back from her private world of thought, she continued to drive the car in a circle at a creeping pace, awaiting the boy's move or awaiting another ample opportunity to attack, whichever should occur first. She wouldn't lose this fight, not to someone like this kid who tried to act like a saint. He deserved what he got.

(Meh, sorry. Having a hard time getting the feel of the character, 'm sure you understand.)
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Megami. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Theseus†

Post by Theseus† »

((yeah no problem, it's never easy RP'ing another person's character, I understand, but I still think it was a good post :D ))

Jeremy watched as the girl's car came into view. He listened to her speech, telling him that he was no martyr. She was telling him what he was and Jeremy didn't take too kindly to that. Towards the end of this game, after Jeremy killed that girl in self defense, he struggled to figure out what he was in this game, but now he knew. He wasn't a pawn of this game, and he wouldn't die by this game.

Jeremy was sitting in this car with a hole in his stomach because of his trust in people, he could have easily shot that skinny girl, but he didn't. She killed his cousin, and he gave her a shotgun. Jeremy was not playing this game, nor did he want to win it. As the last song ended on the radio, another classic started, a slow song, which almost set the pace of the confrontation.

Childhood living is easy to do
The things you wanted I bought them for you
Graceless lady you know who I am
You know I cant let you slide through my hands

She fired, her shot hitting the side of his car, causing a large dent in it. She fired again but the shot was way off, but that didn't matter. Jeremy watched as her car circled his and he was the one to speak next, and he turned down his music just enough so his voice could be heard.

Wild horses couldnt drag me away
Wild, wild horses, couldnt drag me away

"So that is what you really think? I am not saying I am completely good. I have killed to, but there is a difference between me and you. I do not seek to win this game, I never have. I am not killing to save myself, I killed to save others! I tried to protect my friends and family on this island! I failed to protect them! So listen girl, you have no right telling me I am a pawn to this game! You are a pawn to this game! I will not die by you, or by this system!."

Jeremy aimed his shotgun out the window to the girl and shouted, "I am going to pull this trigger not because I seek to win this game, but because you have no right to kill others. I don't either, and I accept the consequences, and baby, you should too."

Jeremy pulled the trigger twice and turned the volume up as high as it went.

I watched you suffer a dull aching pain
Now you decided to show me the same
No sweeping exits or offstage lines
Could make me feel bitter or treat you unkind

He turned the steering wheel and started to press down on the accelerator. He set his sites for over the cliff, and as his car sped up, he gripped the steering wheel as the car jumped the cliff. Landing with a large thud the car jolted and jumped as it hit the ground.

Jeremy jerked forward and hit his head on the steering wheel, causing the horn to go off for a couple of seconds. When Jeremy came to he realized his head was bleeding, but what else was knew? He stuck his head out of the window, wondering if the girl would chase him down the cliff, or if she would find another way to continue the hunt. Jeremy realized the engine had died and he turned the key a couple of times, and it was probably pure luck as the engine roared to life again.

Sighing, Jeremy knew he had to take this to drive away, and that is what he did. Going slow over the rocky terrain, Jeremy drove out of the area, unsure of the future.

Wild horses couldnt drag me away
Wild, wild horses, couldnt drag me away

((continued at Don't Dream It's Over))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Theseus. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

Lucinda's lips arched in a sly smile as the boy retaliated to her commentary with words of his own. Apparently, her comments about what Jeremy Torres was not had gotten under his skin, and he now felt the need to defend himself and his actions. Despite his protests and views on the matter, however, all Luci could do in retaliation was sit back and laugh at the irony of it all. A martyr willing to die for his cause, out to protect those he cared about, willing to slaughter another human being for upholding her own survival instinct.

The girl began to chuckle lightly to herself at Jeremy's speech, that is, until the trigger on his shotgun was pulled, sending another hail of bullets toward her car. Unable to react quickly enough to the oncoming assault times two that had been fired at her, all Lucinda Garnett could do was duck in the front seat of the car, pulling her hands over her head, as the shower of bullets assaulting the vehicle slammed into the passenger's side of the car, shattering glass and denting metal in a fury all its own.

Letting out a shriek that was both a mixture of apprehension and being startled, Luci finally rose from her crouched over position in the front seat as the aftermath of the hail of bullets concluded. Lucinda's eyes immediately affixed themselves on the car of the shotgun-wielding boy as the engine revved up and the car went sailing over the edge of the cliff. Luci couldn't help but look on in both shock and mild amusement at what had just occurred. Below, she could hear the sound of the car horn echoing out as Jeremy collided with the steering wheel. She could hear the engine of the car stall out and die, and she could hear Jeremy desperately turning the key over repeatedly before the engine finally kicked back into life.

Fully knowing what she was about to do, yet laughing all the while at the insanity of it all, Luci felt her foot depress the accelerator of the car. She felt the car speed up, and she subconsciously braced herself for the impact that was sure to follow. The car leapt over the cliff, going airborne for a few moments, and Luci couldn't help but reminisce about all the movies she'd seen with crazy car chases such as the one she was now living out. Looking out beyond the horizon where the boy's car was now headed, Luci couldn't help but feel a strange rush of adrenaline as the car finally impacted with the ground with a resounding thud.

The impact threw Luci forward, but she had been expecting it and held her arms out, catching herself before she slammed into the steering column. Smiling to herself as the car miraculously withstood the impact, Luci's food immediately hit the accelerator once again and the car creaked, groaned, and scraped across the ground. Had Luci known much about vehicles, she'd have known that she had knocked something loose underneath the vehicle. However, she was completely oblivious to this fact as she once again pursued her prey at full speed.

(Continued in: Don't Dream It's Over)
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Megami. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.

Return to “Hillside Cliff”