Resting & Suffering

A thicket of bamboo stalks shooting up out of the ground. Be careful, one could lose themselves in all the bamboo. If one was crafty enough, they could easily turn one of the bamboo stalks into a weapon of some sort.
riserugu†

Resting & Suffering

Post by riserugu† »

(( Continued from Lighthouse Ambush ))

Hawley wasn’t sure how long he had been running, but he finally forced himself to stop within the stocks of bamboo when his leg holding the injured knee finally gave out, sending his body spiraling painfully against the ground.

Hissing in the hot pain he slowly moved into a sitting position breathing in to try and clam his pounding heart, and burning lungs… looking up lightly, he glanced about listening for Adam. He had looked over his shoulder the whole time since they had left the lighthouse.

In his whole time running he had seen, or heard again that could of lead him to where Alan had ran off too… but like he said, it could be for the best to separate from him. Though he did find himself cursing lightly remembering he hadn’t finished stitching up the other boy’s wounds.

Shaking sticking red hair off his forehead he took in a deep breathe and begun removing his bag from his body, before he allowed himself to fall back against the ground. Two-toned eyes casting upward at the sky visible through the bamboo, his hand reaching up in an almost pitiful way… his mind having finally been made up.

He was going to get off this island, one way or another… he wasn’t only to allow himself to be anyone’s sick amusement to watch before they headed off to bed. Having to listen to Danya had made him take his sudden change of route, this wasn’t any different from the real world.

Even here they where forced into parts they didn’t want to play, forced into doing something… he wasn’t going to allow himself to take the part of the cold-blooded killer, sighing some his arm dropping to his chest he continued to lay there, hoping Adam would arrive soon.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler riserugu. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

((Continued from: Lighthouse Ambush))

Adam had to give Hawley credit where credit was due - even injured, the kid could run, and he could run fast. In his normal life, Adam had been more of a sprinter than a long distance runner, able to run at a high speed for a short time, but failing a little when it came to distance running. It was why a friend of his from back in Canada, Andrew, had said to him that the 'highlight of the 1500 meter run was seeing your face as you came around the last lap'. As he finally made his way into the formerly-dangerous Bamboo Coppice, Adam saw Hawley on the ground, breathing heavily. The kid had to be hurting, what with his knee all messed up as it was. As he ran into the area, he stopped, and bent over, breathing heavily, greedily taking in all the air that he could.

Adam had to admit, he didn't know what a coppice actually was. But he was here now, so it was likely as good a time as any to find out. Walking slowly over to Hawley sprawled out on the ground, he let himself tumble to the ground beside him, leaning up against a stalk of bamboo as he tried to catch his breath.

It was at this point that Adam realized Alan was nowhere to be found. Oddly enough, the other boy had taken off running in what seemed like a different direction. It was, however, probably for the best, as Alan didn't seem to be the kind of person that Adam would trust on a normal day. The next time they met, he figured, it would likely be as enemies.

He sighed. It was funny how there were so many people in the game, and already, eight had died. Eight classmates...gone, and never to return. He wondered how people would remember him after he died. Would he be talked about fondly, while people traded stories of his exploits? Or would he fade into the wind like the relative nobody liked to talk about?

Time would tell, he supposed.

"Damned...danger zones..." He gasped, still out of breath.
[+] V7

B027 - Morgan Dragosavich: "Now come on, you have a flight to catch."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - P7 - M1 - PPr1 - PPr2 - T1 - T2 - T3

B042 - Connor Lorenzen: "You— you're gonna have to live with this for— for a long time. A long time, and I hope you do, brother. Really."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - Pr1 - PoPr1 - T1

B005 - Claudeson Bademosi: "May you see your Redeemer face to face and enjoy the vision of God forever."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 -M1 - VPS - T1

B062 - Jeff Greene: "Wait a minute, you're not Palom—"
V7: 9 - 10 - 11

G042 - Ariana Moretti: "You were always here."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - M3 - T1 - T2 - T3
[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

1: The Essay; June 2, 2015
2: The Pizza; June 6, 2015
3: The Leak; June 7, 2015
4: The Safe; June 4, 2018
5: The Call; September 19, 2015

6: Coda
7: The Secret; June 4, 2018
8: ???; June 9, 2018
9: ???; June 10, 2018
10: ???; June 10, 2018
11: ???; September 13, 2018

Ross Miller

1: Shatterday; June 9, 2018
2: I Wait on You Inside the Bottom of the Deep Blue Sea; July 13, 2018 - ongoing

3: ???
4: ???
5: ???

Pregame: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - M1 - M2 - SP - Snapchat

Carl Fredericks/Steven Lorenzen: The Needs of the Many

V6 (2015)
Mrs. Ritch: Sweet Billy
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

V3: B007 - Keith Jackson: At the end of the road he's running, looking back to survey where he's been.
V1/3: B077 - Adam Dodd: You either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain. The truth lies somewhere in between.
V1: B087 - Sidney Crosby: It's only cowardice if other people are around to tell you so. Otherwise, it's survival.
V1: B092 - Eddie Serjeantson: Fully in charge, but not much of an arborist.
V2: B013 - Andrew Ponikarovsky: Probably could have used a proper license and a driving lesson.
V1: G005 - Amanda Jones: A breath of fresh air, and in the end, that was all it took.
V3: B099 - John Sheppard: Went out with a bang.
V3: B122 - Ryan Atwell: Couldn't help but write a "Dear John" letter.
riserugu†

Post by riserugu† »

Blinking lightly Hawley casted Adam a light grin, though it faded once he fell into another fit of coughs. Turning his face back up at the sky at that point, still sucking in large amounts of air.

Turning onto his side a little, he pushed himself back up into a sitting position bending over at his waist as he leaned down resting both hands on his throbbing injury.“Damn them…” He muttered a reply his mind going over still the last announcement it being by the sounds of it, not only had eight people been killed but at his count of three he seemed to have the most kills thus far by a single person.

Wonderful, just fucking wonderful.

Keeping in his bent position, he slowly allowed his hand to move about on his knee trying to soothe the pain away there… wondering also if his fever had gone down any as well. “Damn them…” He repeated weakly this time, eyes closing.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler riserugu. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Slayer†

Post by Slayer† »

(Continued from: Lighthouse Ambush)

"So, you guys came here too?" Alan asked, jearing them from the other side of a few bamboo stalks. "I have to admit, this place is good to stop for a bit, plenty of cover too. Not to mention one of these would make a good spear."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Slayer.
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

Adam coughed and tried to take more air into his overexerted lungs.

"You can say that again, my friend...damn them all to hell. Sure is where they're ending up."

Looking up at the sky, he watched the clouds circle overhead. It had already been a day, when to Adam, it had seemed like ten. He looked over at Hawley covering his injuries.

"How you holding up over there? Pain getting any worse?"

Adam looked over at the newcomer Alan. He hadn't seen Alan running anywhere close to him, but fate, it seemed, found him to the bamboo coppice along with them. He nodded at Alan as he breathed in more.

"Yeah, we're here. Good cover if someone's coming after you, or so it looks...how's the face holdin' up?"
[+] V7

B042 - Connor Lorenzen: "You— you're gonna have to live with this for— for a long time. A long time, and I hope you do, brother. Really."

B005 - Claudeson Bademosi: "May you see your Redeemer face to face and enjoy the vision of God forever."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20

[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

Ross Miller

2: I Wait on You Inside the Bottom of the Deep Blue Sea; July 13, 2018 - ongoing

V6 (2015)
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

V3: B007 - Keith Jackson: At the end of the road he's running, looking back to survey where he's been.
V1/3: B077 - Adam Dodd: You either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain. The truth lies somewhere in between.
V1: B087 - Sidney Crosby: It's only cowardice if other people are around to tell you so. Otherwise, it's survival.
V2: B013 - Andrew Ponikarovsky: Probably could have used a proper license and a driving lesson.
V1: G005 - Amanda Jones: A breath of fresh air, and in the end, that was all it took.
Slayer†

Post by Slayer† »

"Stopped bleeding about five minutes before you guys got here. I just have to give it some time to scab over." Alan answered, sitting down again.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Slayer.
riserugu†

Post by riserugu† »

At the sound of a familar, though not completly welcomed voice Hawley found himself cursing harshly under his breath. "Yeah... whatever you say." He half-muttered, sitting up again though hands remained on his knee.

"The pain is a lot worse, everything is just... hurting." He admitted weakly, glancing over the two in a lazy manner before turning to face forward again.
Slayer†

Post by Slayer† »

"We're lucky we got out when we did, or our necks would be splattered all over the place." Alan said, sighing slightly as he drank some of his water.
riserugu†

Post by riserugu† »

"You sure your face is okay? I didn't quite get finished before August and Terry showed up." He said lightly, taking another glance Alan's way yet again. Though more or less checking on the wound to make sure indeed it had stopped bleeding, which seemed to be true and with help for the stitches should allow the skin to scab faster.

Coughing lightly he reached toward his own pack, bringing out a unfinished bottle of water. Downing some of the contents quickly...
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

Adam subconsciously rubbed his own neck and fingered the collar around it.

"I like my neck. It's a good neck, does it's job well. Although I'd prefer if it stayed the way it was - whole and in one piece."

He looked at the two, and opened his bag up to rummage around inside. He wondered what they'd let him keep.
[+] V7

[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

Ross Miller

V6 (2015)
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

riserugu†

Post by riserugu† »

"I have to admit, I'm rather fond of my neck staying in one piece as well. I rather not end up like Masbeth, or the other two that where killed by having thier collars explode."

Taking another long sip of water he allowed his form to drop back against the ground, breathing in as he again found himself watching what little pieces of the sky where visble through the leaves of the bamboo. "Personally I'm rather fond of not dying at all..."
Slayer†

Post by Slayer† »

"Who is fond of dying?" Alan remarked, hearing Hawley talking to himself. "I know people will kill to live, but who would embrace the idea of being killed?"
riserugu†

Post by riserugu† »

"I was fond of death for a little while, more than willing to let it take me." He muttered back in a lazy tone, keeping his eyes casted upward. "So there's probably others who feel the same way as well, anybody truly so kills themselves is fond of dying."

Bringing a hand to his forehead, he closed one eye lightly. Eyeing Adam somewhat out the corner of his eye as he dug through his bag, "Oi, you got anything in there worth chewing on. I dying for some gum..." He muttered with a grin, making him wish he hadn't lost his carry on bag.
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

Adam chuckled and shook his head. "Sorry dude." He grinned as he said the last sentence, imitating Arnold Schwarzenegger as he did. Switching back to his normal voice, he laughed.

"Unfortunately for you, no...I don't chew gum. I'm sure someone does though..."
[+] V7

[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

Ross Miller

V6 (2015)
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

riserugu†

Post by riserugu† »

"Ah. No worries, it's my horrid little habit..." He mused, leaning back against the ground.

"Anything to take my mind off the pain, you know?" Hawley admitted with a small chuckle.

Return to “Bamboo Coppice”