A moment's pause

An old and tiny house. If not for the many cobwebs, and the slightly bloodstained floor, the house would look rather out of place. This is the perfect place for the folk that would much rather hide under a table than partake in such a terrible game.
Slayer†

A moment's pause

Post by Slayer† »

OOC: Continued from "On the Run": http://s10.DEFUNCT_IF_LINK/SurvivalOfTheF...p?showtopic=393
IC:
Jacob walked through the vacant doorframe of the house slightly ahead of Dorian, sitting on the couch with a sigh of fatigue. It felt good to sit down again, even if the couch was in horrible condition and was rock hard. Cracking his neck with a satisfying crack, he waved Dorian in.

"Get in, the coast is clear."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Slayer.
MismatchedEyes*

Post by MismatchedEyes* »

((Continued from: On the Run))

He was waved in by jacob and placed himself against a wall on the inside of the house, a little colour rising to his face.Seems once his breathing returned to normal he found yet another reason to start running or walking a good distance.

"We should try and seal the bottom floor off...Block the doors with the couch..Maybe that Cabinet? Then head upstairs? Itd be alot safer that way if someone took a shot through the windows they couldnt hit it unless they just happened to be...11?? 12ft?" shoulders shrugged as he looked around the dingy surroundings and gently sniffed at the air.The place reeked of dirty food and rotten furniture.
I am an archival account used by staff to port old posts from handlers no longer active. If you are this handler, get in touch with staff and we can get your posts back for you! Peri avatar by Kermit.
Slayer†

Post by Slayer† »

"The staircase is broken on most of the steps, take a look for yourself." Jacob answered as he moved a large table into the doorframe to substitute for the shattered piece of furniture. He could barely stop himself from wincing at the smell, but he managed it and sat back on the couch.

"How should we find out where this island is? I think we can both agree that's an integral part of getting off it."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Slayer.
MismatchedEyes*

"Im pretty much stumped..I guess by the heat we can throw around some guesses but we wont know anything for definitie until we get a view..Maybe the lookout down onto the sea could give us an idea along with maybe a makeshift telescope or something like that?" he just fell silent what could he say? How was he supposed to know where they were because he was the brain boy.

"Presumely youre pretty well travelled yuove been over the island have you seen anything we can use? A Big place like this must have some sort of military stronghold we could use or a bank vault or...or..something.." he was meant to be the thinker here and he pushed out his ideas by the boat load.
I am an archival account used by staff to port old posts from handlers no longer active. If you are this handler, get in touch with staff and we can get your posts back for you! Peri avatar by Kermit.
Slayer†

Post by Slayer† »

"Biggest building is the lighthouse, though as you said the Lookout Point could give us a good view." Jacob said, slightly dozing off as his injuries gave off a residual pain, as if they knew the end was near.
MismatchedEyes*

"Well the lighthouse sounds good enough since itd be more elevated than the lookout most likely and maybe we could use the light to signal for help from the coastguard or something like that? Im not sure but for now we should stay here till were clear and you look a little tired jacob" he said as he glanced out a neabry window.

"You alright? Youre looking a bit ill..Whats with all the wounds? The game takes its toll I guess.." he said as he looked to Jacob.
Slayer†

Post by Slayer† »

"No dice, Uriel and I used the oil for the fire in the lighthouse to make Molotovs on the first day. As to my injuries, yeah, I've gotten hurt pretty badly over the course of this game. But a rest sounds good." Jacob said, the dull resonance of the pain slowly intensifying. Something gave Jacob the ominous feeling he wouldn't be around for much longer. Were the wounds infected? No, that would've killed him earlier. He just couldn't understand the insistent pain from his wounds.
MismatchedEyes*

"Alright you rest Ill think of something..maybe Ill find something for us to eat? As for the lighthouse idea we could try using something shiney like a very big mirror or something to reflect the sun and signal the shore..There should be a flaregun there or at the docks..You sit and rest Ill see if I can find something to eat and maybe some first aid stuff" he said as he would unsling his bag and move into the other room.

The Kitchen he guessed as there was a visible gas cooker,yellow cabinets would be pulled open to reveal numerous snacks all at least a week or two old and they all smelt.The smell had hit him like a fist when he had opened the cabinets like a fist causing his nose to wrinkle up and his eyes to blink a little.Some cans wee pulled out and placed on the table.

"Weve got Hotdogs..Beans and some...Custard stuff? I guess Im going to be cooking everything..Obviously not everything since I dont think the custard would go to well with the hotdogs and beans? Heh"
Slayer†

Post by Slayer† »

"Anything's better than the bread Danya gave us. I nearly choked on that crap first time I tried to eat it." Jacob answered to Dorian's offer as he was laying down on the couch, one eye closed while the other was looking around the room, sure that Dorian would attack the instant he let down his guard.

Don't be silly, Jacob he thought to himself, That's just you being paranoid. If he wanted to kill you, or even could kill you, he'd have tried already.
MismatchedEyes*

"Not sure how indate this stuff is but I dont think we are going to be living long enough to get food poisoining off this food if we dont find a way off soon" the cans were all opened and emptied into a saucepan.A Button the cooker would be hit a couple times before the blue flame appeared.

"You sure youre alright Jacob?..You look..no offence but kind of pale..ill..Id say we should get you to a doctor but seems like were out of luck.." he said as he would move past jacob to pick up his own bag and begin going through it.Finally coming upon an alien object..the book was raised to the light very slowely the BR Manual.At least he had some readin material.
Slayer†

Post by Slayer† »

"I should be fine, considering I was shot six times and once by a crossbow bolt over the course of the game. Just in a bit of pain." Jacob responded, cracking his stiff knuckles and trying to relax.
MismatchedEyes*

"Im guessing peaceful negotations got fucked over at somepoint and you had to go for the gun unless you went for the gun first..At least youre alive for now..Just try and get some rest.I think I saw a hospital on the map,maybe we could head there? The escape plan need you to keep breathing"
Slayer†

Post by Slayer† »

The cold stare Jacob gave Dorian could easily be considered frightening (or at least unsettling, the look he had almost said that he missed killing) as he spoke after the other boy.

"I only negotiated once. And these injuries only hurt, trust me on that. And there isn't anything at the hospital but corpses and empty cupboards."
OnceForgotten†

Post by OnceForgotten† »

((Coming from: Starting Place for B#54))

"He completely tore his entire apartment apart, in the air, there was a foul and pungent odor, almost overwhelming, there was another smell, almost overpowering...a womens perfume...
He was lying on the floor, completely naked, alchohol and pill bottles strewn about the bedroom floor. It looked like the infection had spread from his wrists to his brain. Bulging bright red vains ran up his arms, his neck...their was blood seeping from every oriface on his head. His mouth...his nose...even his ears...He was not dead yet, but he was close. Somehow he seemed to be speaking to me...No, not speaking, he was singing..."

Garrett crested the hill, tears streaming down his face. He could see the red vains running out from the cut on his shoulder, and it smelled terrible. It was also the most excruciating pain he had ever felt. It was as if someone was digging a hot iron in the wound...The temperature matched it, he was very feverish.

Thats what I get for not changing the bandages! I'll end up like Charlie...My brother...

He noticed a small house in the distance. He knew he did not have alot of time left, and even with a doctor, his arm was probobly beyond saving anyways. As Garrett approached the house, he thought of the band. Touring in Japan...people who did not even know the language singing along with him. Reaching out his hand and having it grabbed by several screaming girls...The afterparty...the sex...Garrett smiled. He experienced more in his short lifetime then most experience in their entirety, he had no regrets. Well, exept one.

"Dad, I know you can hear me. Just wanted to let you know I am sorry. I know you got yourself involved in some stuff that maybe you should not have gotten involved in, but you are still my Dad, and I guess...Yeah, I guess I still love you."

Garrett could hear voices inside the shack. He pulled his crossbow out. Garrett took no more time to reflect. He had spent the last day (or two) searching, and he knew that his search would end here.

Garrett opened the door

"Hi Jacob."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler OnceForgotten. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Slayer†

Post by Slayer† »

OOC: There is no door, just a table replacign it. Figured you'd remember it, one of your characters being the one to destroy it. By the way, can you catch the reference in this post?
IC: Jacob looked up in mild surprise as the table was pushed over and the figure of Garrett Langston was in the doorway, his crossbow in hand.

"Mr.Langston, it's good to see you. To what do I owe the pleasure of this visit?" he asked in mock politeness, gripping his gun just in case. The lead of Red Flame Rising and Jacob were not on good terms, Jacob had killed one of his friends on this island, and nearly killed Garrett himself twice. Garrett had also given Jacob his first wound by shooting him in the shoulder with a crossbow. Jacob could tell this likely would not end peacefully.

Return to “Small House”