Today's the Day, I Pray That We Make It Through

Formerly an Open Field. The crashed remains of the terrorists' helicopter lay in the middle of the field, providing some shelter to whomever prefers to use it. Fair warning, though, of all the lurkers around the area looking for the baddies.
Megami†

Today's the Day, I Pray That We Make It Through

Post by Megami† »

(Continued from the River. Harsh language follows.)

Jill had wandered off from the river solo, or so she thought. She had journeyed what felt like quite a long way, but in reality, she had probably only been walking for half an hour, tops. Had anyone followed her? Probably not. At this point, she did not care. She just wanted to be alone, to think. No. In reality, she just wanted to be home. She wanted to wake up from this cruel nightmare.

Finally, she found what seemed like an adequate spot. Sure, she was right out in the open, but by God, if they wanted to kill her that badly... let them. Sighing audibly, Jill dropped the green dufflebag slung over her shoulder, which had by now gotten quite heavy. She flopped down into an Indian style sitting position on the ground, before finally laying back, looking up at the sky.

She had left herself exposed to anyone and anything coming her way, but she just did not care anymore. She sat there, staring upward, her eyes red and burning from the tears she had shed not long before, and she silently willed herself to wake up from this nightmare. If I could just wake up... this has all just got to be some disturbing nightmare. I... it can't be happening. It just can't. Despite how desperately she willed herself to wake up, nothing happened.

Thinking back to the events that had taken place not too long ago at the river, Jill was angry. Not angry because the crew that had been there wanted to bury Madelaine and Amanda. Nah, she was angry because they did not respect her wish not to watch. Especially that Takara girl. Jill rolled her eyes at the thought. Ignorant bitch. She didn't even know them. She has no idea what all happened. Neither do I, really, but god dammit, I didn't just show up onto the scene. I'd been there. Then again, I heard she was a real freak in school anyway. She dresses like one. Pfft... whatever. The only person there who had ANY right to get angry at me was Chance. Ah well... it's in the past. I wonder where Adam is. I hope he's okay... wonder if Martyn hung around back there.

Jill got even more annoyed at the thought. Yes, a burial was the proper thing to do, but did they expect to bury every corpse on the island? That was the equivalent of what they were doing. Burying strangers. Those girls were not strangers to Jill, at least, she did not think so. At least she had been on the swim team with Madelaine. Had it not been for her, they could have died in that warehouse. Jill took no credit for it, as it had been her, Martyn, and Adam at the warehouse who had finally freed the girls. Despite that... where had those kids been? Not with them, clearly.

Ugh. Excuse me for not being used to dead bodies. Not my fault I'm not a freak. She probably looks at them all the time on the 'net or something, she seems like some kind of weirdo. Besides that, Adam certainly did not stick around, and quite frankly, Adam is the ONLY reason I was there... Her thoughts trailed off in that instant. Upset that he had left, she sighed again. Never in her life did she think she would have been in this position, forced to fight against her friends for her life. Should she have followed him? No... letting him go was probably best.

There was a lot that she needed to tell Adam before she died. Before I die... I'm sixteen years old, I shouldn't be thinking about my own death... but I guess the sad reality is that it could happen at any second. Look at the girls... I thought everything was fine such a short time ago, and now they're both dead. DEAD! Besides that, the things she had wanted to say seemed so unimportant by comparison now. Besides that, she had no idea what had went on between Dodd and Amanda. He had never told her anything about liking Amanda Jones, and now he was talking about how much he loved her. How strange. The thought made Jill somewhat upset, but she did her best to shrug it off.

Depression was starting to set in, slowly. She was upset over a number of things. The events of the past hour or so had made her stomach churn. Two girls had died, she had witnessed the aftermath, and... having never witnessed death before, it was a traumatizing experience. Dodd snapping, then up and leaving her there had not helped. Now, she saw just how little she meant to everyone. It appeared as though no one had even bothered to follow her. Either way, if they had, Jill would not have noticed. She was too submersed in thought.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Megami. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
riserugu†

Post by riserugu† »

((Continued from: Back to the Scene of the Crime))

Jogging slowly Martyn had been following Jill at a slow pace since leaving the river, in truth though he wanted to stay and help with the burial something in him was in the back of his mind was picking at him. Telling him not too and just to be on his marry way, of course at that moment he had too ways to go following Adam or following Jill.

Discovering the deaths of Madelaine and Amanda had been hard… if not heartbreaking on the young man, and had turned him into almost a hollow, emotionless shell of his former self in those moments. Going off about how there probably wasn’t a way off this island… and how death was going to probably get them all.

Shaking his head he picked up his a little, though slowed it back down when he found himself fighting for breathe for the fifth time since leaving the river and making sure he caught up to wherever Jill was off to. Hands gripping tightly at his daypack, now that his laptop was in working order it could well be the ticket off this island for them if he could figure out some way to use it to his advantage.

If he could figure out something, anything that he could use to get the collars around their throats off, then all they’d have to do is figure out was a way off the island and they could be home set. Smiling to himself, he continued along until he found himself standing amongst the grass of a familiar field.

This is where he had ran into that other boy… after he had left the bathroom which seemed so long along. Glancing about lightly, he finally caught sight of which he was looking for. Breathing out lightly as he jogged forward a bit, till he came to stand a few feet behind the girl. Watching as she fell into a sitting position against the ground, leaning back to look at the sky.

Standing silently for a moment, he watched the other girl as she seemed to go off into her own thoughts, Martyn sifting his bag a bit as he walked up behind her, leaning over her a bit to hopefully grabbed her attention. “Are you feeling alright?”

Muttering this lightly, he moved and stood in front of her before moving to sit down. Bringing his bag before him, and watching the girl lightly before glancing off about them. Sitting out here, out in the open was just screaming for them to be shot…
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler riserugu. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Slayer†

Post by Slayer† »

Jack swiftly ran through the trees around the field area, trying to avoid being spotted if necessary. He had woken up near the beginning of the game to find his laptop removed from his bag and a riot shield as his weapon. Since then, he had successfully avoided notice, trying to find a computer with which he could hack into the terrorist systems. So far, he had had no such luck.

"Damn it all! If they hadn't taken my computer I could've done it by now!" he muttered, not for the first time. Cursing under his breath at the branches battering his face, he squinted when he thought he saw two people in the middle of the field.

I hope they aren't playing. he thought, carelessly moving towards them.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Slayer.
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

The sun cast a shadow over the girl as she lay on the ground, frightening her immediately. Before even looking to see who it was, Jill had rolled over and positioned herself into a crouching position. Seeing that it was only Martyn, she let her guard down once again. Letting out a sigh of relief, she sat back down on the ground. It took a moment for her to register what she had said, as the initial shock of him coming up behind her surprised her.

"Dammit, Martyn," Jill sighed, "You scared the hell outta me."

Avoiding his question, she looked down at the ground, toying with a piece of grass. As he positioned himself in front of her and sit down, she could not help but wonder why he had followed her. Was it really appropriate to ask such a thing? Then again, was anything that was said or done here really "appropriate"? Jill's eyes finally averted from the piece of grass she was playing with.

"I'm not," she admitted,"But... it's fine. I'll be fine."

Reaching back to brush a few blades of grass from her hair, she eyed Martyn quizzically. He had not stayed to help bury Madelaine and Amanda either, and somehow, that made Jill feel a lot better. Maybe she was not such a bad person after all. She smiled slightly at the thought. It was something that had been eating away at her ever since she had left the river.

"You followed me," she murmured quietly,"I didn't think anyone would. I hope that you understand why I left..."

There was more that she wanted to say. She wanted to explain herself, she felt like he deserved an explanation. She wanted to know why he had followed her here. Without warning, though, the silence of the field was broken by the faint sound of footsteps. Jill cast a worried glance at Martyn as she scanned the horizon, searching for the source of the noise. Someone else was here, and if they were hostile, then she had just placed herself and Martyn in a world of danger.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Megami. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
riserugu†

Post by riserugu† »

Martyn found himself smiling brightly when Jill spoke, as he rocked a bit in his spot. Casting glances about the area in question checking for anyone, this included the nut job he had met here the day before, but seeing no one… he allowed his form to relax a bit as he allowed his daypack to fully drop and rest beside his form. Sitting Indian style, and placing his hands about his shins and continuing in slow rocking as he looked toward the girl.

The smile thought dissapered at her answer, but forced a grin anyway as she began to talk to him. When she began to mumble to him about following her, he nodded lightly. “I really ‘ope you don’t mind to much.” Martyn said, smiling yet again. “But, something was telling me it be right to follow you. And anyway, I think I figured out a way we could get off this bloody ‘ellhole. And don’t worry about explaining yourself to me,” He began, waving off her question as she tried to start talking to him.

“You ‘ave your reasons why you didn’t want to stay and ‘elp bury them. Your ‘eart is in the right place, none the less… I won’t judge you.”

Though the smile once again faded when the field was broken with the sounds of faint, hurried footsteps. Martyn moving to stand back on his feet, as he removed his pistol from his pant’s pocket, letting it rest along his side as he scanned the area for where the sounds had been coming from. “Oi, Jill… you see anything?” He muttered out to her lightly.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler riserugu. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

A way off? He figured out a way off?

The statement had barely had time to set in before Jill had heard the footsteps, and as Martyn sprung to his feet, she followed en suite. She still had not looked to see what her designated weapon was, but Martyn had a gun, and the footsteps sounded like that of only one person. Surely, between the two of them, they could handle one person, even if they were hostile.

Jill scowered the field, still not seeing the figure that appeared to be running toward them. He must have been crafty, the field was a dead giveaway to anyone's position. From where she and Martyn were standing, they were out in the open, ready to be picked off. Jill certainly had not thought of that when she had come to this place, but a lot had been on her mind, and she just needed to think.

Thankful that Martyn had indeed followed her, she felt somewhat relieved. This was a bad situation, but it would have been a worse one to have been in alone. She turned her back toward Martyn, scanning that side of the field, still looking for the source of the noise.

"Who's there?!" Jill called out after a moment.
Slayer†

Post by Slayer† »

The voice that called out to him didn't sound familiar, but Jack saw the gun in the girl's companion's hand and decided to reply.

"It's Jack O'Connor, Right field on the Barry Coleson High baseball team. Please don't shoot, I'm not playing!" he said, coming closer and holding his arms out so they could see he only had a riot shield.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Slayer.
riserugu†

Post by riserugu† »

Martyn found himself blinking a bit more as the boy spoke, he glancing briefly off to Jill as he mentioned being from Barry Coleson. “You know ‘im?” He questioned lightly, glancing as the boy came into view, arms raised the riot shield held squarely in his one. Martyn frowning just a bit…

“Oi, oright then… come on over… but don’t do anything that’ll make me use this.” He muttered lightly, frowning though as he replaced the pistol into the pocket of his pants, before folding his arms about his chest a bit. Could he really ever fire a shot at someone, even if it was a life-or-death situation, which surround this whole program?
Slayer†

Post by Slayer† »

Jack nodded gratefully, running over to where Martyn and Jill were. When he reached them, he took a second to catch his breath before speaking.

"I know it sounds weird, since I just met you two a few seconds ago, but do either of you have a computer?"
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

Jill eyed the boy up and down, trying to place the face. He looked familiar, but she could not think of his name. She was taken aback as the boy inquired on whether or not either of them had a computer. Casting a weary glance at Martyn, she was somewhat skeptical about volunteering such information to someone they had only met moments ago.

"Barry Coleson, huh?" Jill questioned, "You look... familiar, but I don't guess I knew you. What's your name?"

After a moment, she finally decided to respond to his question. She felt bad about beating around the bush so much, but Jill was wary of another newcomer, and even though he had a weapon that he would really have to work at to physically hurt them with, who knew if he had another one he had hidden somewhere? Instead of telling him about Martyn's laptop, Jill decided to try a different approach.

"What do you need a computer for?"

She figured it was a simple enough question. It did not give away the fact that Martyn did in fact have a laptop, nor did she completely ignore his question. Jill was not going to volunteer Martyn's laptop for him, but she was curious. Why was this boy looking for a computer? What could he possibly want with a computer on the island? It was not exactly the best time to be checking your e-mail. She glanced at Martyn, then turned her attention back to the newcomer, awaiting his response.
Slayer†

Post by Slayer† »

"You obviously weren't listening when I said my name was Jack O'Connor. Anyway, if I told you what I needed the computer for, I'd probably have my collar blown, so let's just say it's 'business'." Jack responded, apparently a bit frustrated but excited at the same time.
riserugu†

Post by riserugu† »

Martyn frowned looking the Jack boy up and down a bit from his spot, making sure he remained close to his daypack as he listened to Jill question the boy on his reasons for the need of an computer, the frown keeping as he answered. Something about this kid put him off… though Adam and David had been quick to trust him… he wasn’t quite the same.

Though mentioning about the fact that mentioning his plan could get him blown up, Martyn all but gulped. He had forgotten about collars, and the mention he had remembered something telling about the collars having mics in them. Glancing to his daypack, he had to figure out a way to go about telling his plan to Jill later without giving away the full plan itself.

“Well you’re not going to find one 'ere…” He finally said lightly, lying to the other boy, which stuck a cord within him. He didn’t want to lose his chance of finding a way off the island by giving it to another, he just couldn’t… namely someone he didn’t know.

‘But you don’t know Jill to well either do you?’
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

"Sorry," Jill apologized, "When you've got someone running toward you, the name they're shouting is the furthest thing from your mind."

That was true. Jill certainly was not thinking about what the boy had been shouting to them as he had approached them. In fact, nothing had registered from the past few moments except Martyn threatening the boy with his pistol and the boy demanding the location of any nearby computer. She cast Martyn a slight glance as he denied having a laptop.

It's probably for the best...

Sighing under her breath, Jill scanned the area once again. This place was far too out in the open. Moments ago, she had been so bogged down in thought that it had not phased her. Now, however, the fact that they were sitting ducks in this place was starting to get to her, and she wanted to get to safety immediately.

At any moment, someone could take a shot at them, and they would never see it coming. Much worse, they would never know who had tried to kill them, it could be anybody. That was not a risk Jill was willing to take. At the very least, she would prefer herself and Martyn be out of harm's way. This new boy, well... he could come along if he so chose.
riserugu†

Post by riserugu† »

Martyn too had been glancing about the area of the open field with a slight sense of paranoia hunting within the back of his mind, anyone could come out of anywhere from where they where currently located. That or say if someone had drawn… a high-powered rifle could easily pick them off from wherever the hell there little heart’s pleased.

Muttering lightly under his breathe, he looked over the two before turning to face Jill smiling a bit, “What do you say to finding somewhere not so, out in the open?” He mused, removing his map from the back pocket of his jeans and looking it over lightly, “’ow about the waterfall, isn’t a fort but it’s near the woods and isn’t as out in the open as our current place.”

Refolding the map, he replaced it awaiting an answer or another suggestion as to where to go other than sticking around the field he finding himself noticing the other boy again. “You’re welcome to come along too, the ‘ore the ‘erry, who knows ‘ight find a computer or something long the way.” He said with a small smile.
Slayer†

Post by Slayer† »

Jack nodded, smiling a bit as he did so.

"Agreed. You guys might not have a computer, but I've been alone except for the occasional corpse ever since this damn game began. Besides, there's safety in numbers." he said.

OOC: Sorry for the short post. I'm a bit tired.

((Continued in: ?? ?? ??? ??))

Return to “Helicopter Crash Site”