Routine.

This forum contains scenes set off of the island, taking place concurrently with V5 and its broadcast. Please be sure to thoroughly read the rules prior to posting in this forum. If you have any questions, please consult staff.
Emprexx Plush

Routine.

Post by Emprexx Plush »

((Matthew Wilde continued from Enemy of the State))

It'd become a fixture of the last year.

Every Saturday, 2:00 P.M. sharp. Coffee. He'd order a Cuban, two creams, shot of caramel.

Garrett would order a hot chocolate, whipped cream, sprinkle of nutmeg.

They'd sit, sometimes wearing newly acquired suits, sometimes empty-handed, but always with their laptops on the table, idly editing their respective work and firing away question after wry comment after frustration after backhanded compliment.

It worked. It was comfortable.

He never stopped going. Every Saturday for the last month, he sat at the least wobbly table available, sipped his Cuban, and waited. He waited for a phone call from Linda, or his contact in the Coast Guard, or the police. He waited for a news alert to interrupt the blaring broadcast droning on above his head about a recovered black box, or a promising scrap of wreckage, or an unexpected survivor.

He waited for his son to come strolling through the door with a new suit on his back, his old laptop in his hands, and that same, familiar half-smile on his face. They'd exchange apologies and reassurances, brief and professional. Shake hands, and resume like they hadn't missed a beat.

That was the fantasy.

The first Saturday he missed came immediately after the footage was released. Afterwards, his habits adjusted to his new situation. Each trip found him in a deserted corner, out of the way and out of view. He no longer kept his phone on. He no longer waited. Instead, his eyes idly flicked through footage of his son's last few days. Randomly chosen snippets with no direction, he told himself, but he always ended up in one of two places.

He always ended up watching Garrett kill, and watching Garrett die.

Weeks in, he was beyond rationalization. There were no more answers to search for, no hidden truths waiting in dissection. He didn't ask why. He didn't beg for him to get up. At this point, he didn't even cry.

He simply spent Saturday afternoon with his son, like he had for months before.

Like he would for months to come.
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageG056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
ImageB014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

ImageG037, Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
ImageB016, Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
ImageIsaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
ImageG011, Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
ImageG032, Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars
[+] V7 Characters
ImageB066, Blaise d'Aramitz: I am not fucking dabbing on a corpse, Carl. Character Theme: The Nurse Who Loved Me-A Perfect Circle
ImageG032, Helena 'Hel" Fury: I hope my family’s waiting. The one I made out here. I hope you’ll be a part of it again. Character Theme: Fix Me-10 YearsImage
ImageB073, Jeremiah Anderson: "GO--GO--GO." Character theme: The Big Sleep-Murder By Death
ImageG066, Marco Hart: I'm not satisfied anymore. I don't think I'd want to be if I could. Character theme: Maurice's Monsters-Small Leaks Sink Ships
ImageG080, Nikki Nelson-Kelly: The fools. The morons. The aBsOlUtE cReTiNs. Character Theme: Movement-The Whip
ImageG062, Tonya Collins: The girl, the person, the thing, the shape on the screen, that wasn't her. Character Theme: Get Down-Isador

Return to “V5 Meanwhile...”