Hollywoodland

2008 and 2012 and stuff in between

This forum contains scenes set off of the island, taking place concurrently with V5 and its broadcast. Please be sure to thoroughly read the rules prior to posting in this forum. If you have any questions, please consult staff.
D/N

Hollywoodland

Post by D/N »

On July 5, 2012, the following tweet was posted online and viewed by over a million people, because seriously, who the fuck reads newspapers any more, let alone thousand-word treatises published therein?

Andrea Raymer @realandrearaymer 5 Jul
Hey Kim, glad to see you're still all whiny and selfrighteous and stuff. Check me out on Anderson Coooper tonight. Or see a shrink, whatever
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
Ugh never say never
Brayden Betancourt
Chris Passilidis
Adi Wheelwright
Fey Zelenka-Morrison

Always Remembered:
v7!
G080 - Nikki Nelson-Kelly - DECEASED Castles Fall in the Sand

v6!
B029: Aiden Slattery - DECEASED Get Off the Floor
G058: Kaitlyn Greene - DECEASED She Knew She'd Found Freedom

v5!
G038: Deanna Hull - DECEASED From Sea to Sky
B023: Jesse Jennings - DECEASED From Vision to Glory

v4!
G077: Andrea Raymer - ALIVE
B022: Imraan Al-Hariq - DECEASED
B006: Ricky Fortino - DECEASED
G036: Carly Jean Dooley - DECEASED

v3!
G045 - Eris Marquis - DECEASED
B104 - Jonathan Lancer - DECEASED
D/N

Post by D/N »

ANDERSON COOPER 360 DEGREES

The Return of 'Survival of the Fittest' - Continued

Aired July 5 2012 - 20:00 ET

THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

COOPER: Welcome back, we're continuing to monitor the events unfolding right now, the return of the terrorist attack known as 'Survival of the Fittest'. Joining us right now from Los Angeles is Andrea Raymer, survivor of the previous attack four years ago; since then she's written about her experiences and appeared on a number of programs.

ANDREA RAYMER, ATTACK SURVIVOR, FORMER 'DANCING WITH THE STARS' CONTESTANT: Hi Anderson. Thanks.

COOPER: Andrea, where were you and how did you find out about the newest abduction?

RAYMER: Just yesterday afternoon, not too long after it started but the whole news just came out all at once. I've been taking some time to myself since I got back from doing the Summer X Games and ignoring current events, but once I went online, it was like it blew up in my face and I was kinda getting it from everywhere.

COOPER: A sudden realization, you're saying?

RAYMER: It was really out of nowhere, yeah. I had to take a day just to let it all sink in.

COOPER: You have a unique viewpoint on these things Andrea, having been a part of it, did you have any sense at all that it might return at some point, or did you think that these attacks, these 'versions', were finished?

RAYMER: It's tough. I mean, I hadn't thought about it much, but I always had it in the back of my mind, you know? The -- just because we never caught them, we never caught either the terrorists or the STAR group so there was always the sense that it could return, right? And instead, and I blame myself for this too, we just kind of let ourselves forget about it and think it all went away.

COOPER: Yes. The viewpoint's been advanced by some, and I don't personally agree with it, that we shouldn't be reporting on these attacks at all, because 'it's what the terrorists want'.

RAYMER: We need to keep it in the media though, we need to keep on top of it because we just can't let this thing fade away, like from the whole public consciousness. That's -- that's practically an insult to the memory of the people that died, isn't it Anderson?

COOPER: So remembering the victims isn't the same as glorifying the attacks, you're saying.

RAYMER: Exactly. I mean, I know I've had a lot of accusations that I, uh--

COOPER: You have faced accusations about profiting from the attacks in the past.

RAYMER: Well, I was a survivor, but I was 18 too, I was a kid. I made mistakes and I totally admit that. But that doesn't mean that me or your or anyone should just turn our backs to this stuff. Maybe, maybe if we'd been paying more attention we could have figured out that that plane crash a few weeks ago might have been connected to Survival of the Fittest and stopped this before it started.

COOPER: That's something to think about. Two quick questions. Have you been in touch personally with any of your fellow survivors since the news broke, and have you watched any of the footage that's been released?

RAYMER: Not yet, and no. I mean, whether you watch it or not's up to you, not passing judgment.

COOPER: Thanks very much for your time Andrea. Up next we have joining me in studio...
Ugh never say never
Brayden Betancourt
Chris Passilidis
Adi Wheelwright
Fey Zelenka-Morrison

Always Remembered:
v7!

v6!

v5!
G038: Deanna Hull - DECEASED From Sea to Sky
B023: Jesse Jennings - DECEASED From Vision to Glory

v4!
G077: Andrea Raymer - ALIVE
B022: Imraan Al-Hariq - DECEASED
B006: Ricky Fortino - DECEASED
G036: Carly Jean Dooley - DECEASED

v3!
G045 - Eris Marquis - DECEASED
B104 - Jonathan Lancer - DECEASED
D/N

Post by D/N »

If anyone missed my appearance on @AndersonCooper tonight, you can see it on cnn.com or download it to your iPhone!

@stopSOTFnowmovement - Yeah, and maybe if we stop covering murderers there would be no murders anymore.

Cause everyone knows there were no murders on earth until that guy invented the newspaper and started reporting them #DUH

Look, Kim's wrong because she takes the easy road and expects everyone to go along and then gets pissy when they dont and that's wrong.

Kim wants to pretend she's saving the world doing pointless shit she can go visit starving babies in africa, at least shed get a photo-op

Not saying that to anyone in particular but just cause i've gotten like a bunch of peeps defending her.

Andrea Raymer @realandrearaymer 6 Jul
Guys I totally want to apologize for tweet about Africa & aid workers, 100% didnt mean to imply it was pointless or insult helping there

Or helping anywhere, it's really heroic work and if I gave off the impression otherwise again I'm sorry about that.

I've given donations to @UnitedWay before and theyre a great organization that does lots of good, so give if you can too!

@DevReddenBMX - Thanks babe, you're awesome too and I'm sooo lucky, sorry know you don't like when I PDA you but DON'T CARE haha

Thinking I spent lots of time believing myself to be a bad person cause of dumb decisions I made, but that shit just #makesyoustronger
Ugh never say never
Brayden Betancourt
Chris Passilidis
Adi Wheelwright
Fey Zelenka-Morrison

Always Remembered:
v7!

v6!