Secrets

The Maliksi family: revamped completely on Feb. 1, 2015

This forum contains scenes set off of the island, taking place concurrently with V5 and its broadcast. Please be sure to thoroughly read the rules prior to posting in this forum. If you have any questions, please consult staff.
Maraoone

Secrets

Post by Maraoone »

((Zeferino, Maria, and Kate Maliksi: START))

The airplane crash hit Seattle hard. There were vigils, there were shrines made at Aurora High. Some tried to kill themselves, others tried to curl up in a corner and waste away. There was anger, there was misery. The blame game was played over and over, ad nauseam.

And most of all, there were tears.

The Maliksi family, at first, seemed to be an exception to this. If you asked their friends, they'd say that Zeferino and Maria almost weren't that affected. Sure, they were a little withdrawn, but Maria still gossiped, she still talked with them and assured them that, yes, she was fine, they didn't need to worry about her. Zeferino still fixed cars, and still made that boisterous laugh. By almost all accounts, the Maliksis were coping almost too well with their situation. It almost seemed like they didn't mind Carmina's death.

You'd have to go to their house to see the truth.

People passing by the neighborhood would recognize the house instantly. It was a simple bungalow, and its garden was a horticulturist's dream. Roses, daisies, and sunflowers lined the path to their front door. Dandelions dotted their yard, and bougainvillea vines crawled all over their walls. Hibiscus bushes served as the border between their front yard and the other, duller houses. The Maliksi residence was a tropical jungle in the midst of a suburb. But among all these flowers, shrubs, and vines, the most abundant flower there was the primrose.

Kate and Carmina had taken a liking to several flowers back when they were younger, but primroses seemed especially attractive to them. So, they filled the front yard with them, white ones, red ones, pink ones, yellow ones, purple ones.

Since the airplane crash, the garden had become immaculate, a garden of Eden. Neighbors noticed that Maria spent more and more time in the garden, smoothing the soil with her shovel, rearranging flowers, watering, and so on. When asked if anything was wrong, she'd simply smile and say 'I'm doing well'. And if you'd look closer, you'd find that the bag of seeds in her hand was a bag of primrose seeds.

What they didn't realize was that Maria was a good actress. If she'd been born with fairer skin, and into one of the more famous families of Manila, maybe she'd be on TV screens across the Philippines, and not in Seattle. She was a hit whenever she appeared on the stage at her high school. Maria preferred over-the-top roles, such as the poor mother of seven who lives in the slums by the local river, or the cruel owner of a hacienda who cares for nothing but money. But she could manage subtle parts too. And this was probably the most important part she had to play now. The same old Maria Maliksi, who has learned to cope well with her daughter's death.

The reality of it all revealed itself as soon as you opened the door.

Kleenex boxes littered the floor, along with crumpled tissues. In the living room, Kate stayed there, glued to the computer. Zeferino would lay in his bed, sleeping the days away. Maria, on the other hand, wouldn't sleep until 3 AM, eyeglasses on the bridge of her nose and lamp beside her. Chicken Soup for the Soul sat on her lap.
[+] the youfs
[+] V7
V7:
Dead:
B083 - Diego Larrosa - Palayain mo na ako. - He didn't want this. say goodnight to the bad guy [10/159]
Current Theme Music: Devil Town (v1) - cavetown
Weapon: Tactical Combat Shovel
Previous Threads: Love & Money - before the day is done, my prince is gonna come - How Far I'll Go - Gimme, Gimme Shelter or I'm Gonna Fade Away - no one round here's good at keeping their eyes closed - Still Waiting - Hell is Other People - RICH_BOY_LIKES_IT_ROUGH.MP4 - I Don't Wanna Be Myself - The Bell Tolls For Our Funeral - The Gang Goes Out For Breakfast - Untrust Us - Crimewaves - Love itself is just as innocent as roses in May - Will All Be Forgiven? - black eyes looking up from below - Silent Key - it's ok we're just scared - life's alright in devil town - Beyond Human (Barely Human) - And Now Those Days Are Over and We Are All Ghosts - The Ultimate Test of Cerebral Fitness - Ang Pagbibinata ni Diego Larrosa - perverse verdict - Madness in the Method - park the car, drop that phone, sleep on the floor, dream about me
Memories: Hiya sa Timog

G013 - Yuka Hayashibara (adopted from Ryuki!) - Does it spark joy? - She fixed up her look in one of a kind [46/159]
Current Theme Music: Play With Me - DDLC OST
Weapon: Bug-A-Salt Camofly 2.0 Insect Eradication Gun
Previous Threads: Quintessential Thinking - I Pray to the Lord You Reveal what His Truth is - all of our heroes fading - now i can't stand to be alone - Incredible Adventures - there's a pale imitation burnt in my eyes - Red Of Tooth And Claw - The Fifth Announcement - Low Times - Party Like It's 1999 - Hell and You - We're All Excited, We Don't Know Why, Maybe It's 'Cause, We're Gonna Die - Ron Gets a Bath As Well, Whether He Wants To or Not - No Exit
Pregame: In Vino Veritas - Shake It Out
Memories: Hayashibara Heart to Heart
Prom: Fear and Delight
Trip: Room 832: Welcome to the Witching Hour

G052 - Joanne Coleman (adopted from Cicada!) - I've got a thick skin and an elastic heart. - She tried to do something in Sleep Is The Cousin Of Death [116/159]
Current Theme Music: When You Die - MGMT
Weapon: George Hunter High School mascot costume
Previous Threads: hold on to this lullaby - Don't Stray Off The Path - D.R.E.A.M. - I'm Not That Nice, I'm Mean and I'm Evil - we keep these promises, write it in a letter
Pregame: You did not break me. I'm still fighting for peace. - Desperate Times - Heavy is the Head That Wears the Crown - Do You Have The Time - i'm so 3008
Memories: I'm alright. I'm just fine. And you're a tool, so. - Make A New Cult Every Day

G075 - Aditi Sharma (adopted from Brackie! and somer!) - She failed in Yellow Light [88/159]
Weapon: Browning Hi Power 9mm
Previous Threads: Pandorama - Antisocial Darwinism - My Lucifer Is Lonely - They Couldn't Buy A Fucking Toaster. They're Broke, John.
[+] V6
V6 Characters:
G062 - Olivia Fischer prayed a thousand prayers in Ye Not [37/107]
Previous Threads: Sæglópur - Until all our yesterdays are lighted fools... - the way to dusty death - a concrete cave - I'd Say That I've Had Worse Days, but Then I'd Be Lying - Get Me Away From Here, I'm Dying - Until Then, You Are Free - Cast in the Name of God
Memories: Sometimes when we reach for the stars...
Weapon: Lobotomy pick.
[+] V5
Dead:
B045 - Juhan Levandi - An Estonian wanna-be journalist with a fear of the dark who wanted to bring them all down in Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien [18/152]
Weapon: Party Bag (contains a noisemaker, party hat, two single-serving bags of candy, and a Hotwheels car)
Pre-Game Threads: Wiping All Out - Quixotic
Previous V5 Threads: Despair - The Real Folk Blues - The two people in the distance were Paulo and Becca - Mischief Managed - Sleeper Cell - Tell No Tales - So, How Was Your Day? - And I'm Not Sleeping Now - Intermission - Glass - A Manic Depressive Named Laughing Boy
G067 - Carmina Maliksi - A Filipina car junkie with a /slight/ obsession with Korea and Japan who has finished things up (somewhat) in Red as Blood [139/152]
Weapon: Non-Functional Flamethrower (left in the Clubhouse)
Previous V5 Threads: Finding Center - Wish I Could Breathe - The Visionary
Memories: Offended?
B054 - Oscar Trig (adopted from Greg the Anti-Viking) - An artist who desperately needs a pencil, paper and a cigar and thought with his heart in Fumble [76/152]
Weapon: Binoculars
Pregame Threads: Taking it to the Streets
Previous V5 Threads: Waking Up at the Beginning of Time - Steadier Footing - Handoff
[+] misc
[+] meirl
new resting place for chatsig never forget 2018
give my v8 kids friends pls

Return to “V5 Meanwhile...”