URGENT: BartToons Missing?

This forum contains scenes set off of the island, taking place concurrently with V6 and its broadcast. Please be sure to thoroughly read the rules prior to posting in this forum. If you have any questions, please consult staff.
Aura

URGENT: BartToons Missing?

Post by Aura »

Nation of Animation > Important Announcements > BartToons Missing?

zIg zAg (Admin)
I have a very worrying announcement for everyone. As I'm sure you know by now, three days ago a group of high school students was kidnapped in Kingman, Arizona. I'm sure that you're wondering why I'm posting about this here instead of in the Current Events section, and I will explain that now.

One of our members, BartToons, has always posted from the Kingman area, and he has not been online since the morning of the abduction. We do not wish to jump to conclusions, but considering the circumstances, we may have to fear the worst.

We are looking into the issue at the moment, and we will report any new information we find as soon as we can.

Vixen Supreme (Admin)
This probably goes without saying, but I'll mention it just to make sure we're clear.

Trolling in this thread will get you banned. No exceptions.

8-Ball
Man, I knew I hadn't seen him on the boards the past couple days, but I never thought something like this could happen...

The Sixth Titan
This is scary. You never think that you could be affected by things like this until it actually happens.

Please be safe, BartToons.

Hen with a Tie
I usually don't like jumping to conclusions, but this sure doesn't look good right now.

Lady of Blades
I hope we can find him soon. I'm praying that the two events are unrelated.

Great Detective (Admin)
Me and Grave are doing some research about the incident. I'm hoping to provide some updates by this afternoon.

DA KING
Has anybody heard from him since then? Like, through Skype or something like that?

The Sixth Titan
I don't think he ever Skyped, at least not with anyone from the board.

DA KING
Shit. I was gonna say we could send him a message through there, but I guess that idea's shot now.

Please give us some info, Detective.

8-Ball
Don't rush her, 11037. She already said she's working on it.

Sorry. I get snippy when I'm stressed.

Spellcaster
I want to think this is all a big coincidence, but the way his disappearance coincides with the abduction doesn't make things look too good.

Hen with a Tie
That's why I'm so freaked out about this.

1 2 3 4 5 Next Page
Aura

Post by Aura »

Medussssa
I just logged on, and I saw this right away.

I'm really hoping he's okay.

8-Ball
Same here. I saw it right when it got posted.

Grave
All right, me and the good Detective did some digging, and she'll have a post up in a bit.

Spellcaster
Fingers crossed for something positive...

zIg zAg (Admin)
Hopefully this will answer some questions.

Come on, show us something good. Please.

Hen with a Tie
Does anyone else have a really bad feeling in their gut right now?

Lady of Blades
I'm trying my best to think positive thoughts right now. We can't give up hope before we know anything.

Great Detective (Admin)
Grave and I have done some cursory research, and have made some discoveries that are relevant to the situation at hand.

Among the list of students abducted is one who seems to have many similarities with BartToons. He was noted to be a fan of animation, and according to social media, he was a fan of many of the series that BartToons has expressed admiration for on the forums. In addition, we have uncovered that this student's email address was the same one that BartToons uses.

With this information, we have reason to assume that BartToons was in fact one of the students abducted that day in Kingman.

We will keep his suspected identity a secret out of respect for his privacy. For now, all we can do is hope that he is returned safely.

Hen with a Tie
This is what I was afraid of...

Spellcaster
Oh no...

Grave
Trust me, this wasn't what I wanted to find either.

Vixen Supreme (Admin)
This is very troubling information, and we all need to wish for the best for BartToons in these awful circumstances.

Lady of Blades
This is awful...

DA KING
What the fuck, man. What the fuck.

Previous Page 1 2 3 4 5 Next Page
Aura

Post by Aura »

Son of a bitch... I guess this is legit.

Great Detective (Admin)
I'm going to be looking for any more information, so keep an eye on this thread. I'll post updates when I find them.

Medussssa
I'm sorry, but there's no way this can be a coincidence.

This is bad. This is real bad.

8-Ball
Shit.

Spellcaster
So we don't know anything else yet?

What else do we need to know? I think we've got a good idea of the situation already.

Spellcaster
I just want to hope that we'll see some good news in all of this.

Lady of Blades
Trust me Spellcaster, I want to be optimistic too, but I can't deny that things are not looking good right now.

Grave
Is anyone else wondering why the hell a busload of high school kids got nabbed in the first place? That's just fucking weird.

8-Ball
Hell, I don't know. Pretty sure someone needs an ass-kicking for it, though.

DA KING
Oh yeah, most definitely.

The Sixth Titan
Kinda reminds me of all those kidnappings from a few years ago. Anyone else remember those?

Hen With a Tie
Okay, don't even fucking joke about that, man.

The Sixth Titan
I'm not joking. Just pointing something out.

zIg zAg (Admin)
All right, settle down people. Don't start a fight here.

Aura

Post by Aura »

DA KING
Hey, this thread's been dormant for a while. What gives?

Lady of Blades
I think that most of us are still in shock over what happened, to be honest.

DA KING
Enough to totally kill the discussion, though?

Lady of Blades
The facts that we know already paint an incredibly grim picture, so I'm not sure if anyone else knows what they could add.

Still sucks to see no one saying anything, though. It's almost like people don't care.

Medussssa
We care, 11037. We just don't know what to say. I've never been through something like this before.

zIg zAg (Admin)
Until we learn more about the situation, the best we can do is try to offer whatever moral support we can as a community. I'll admit that it's not much, but we don't really have the power to do anything else.

Vixen Supreme (Admin)
Listen to zIg. Times are already rough, and we don't need to make things worse by arguing in the thread that was specifically set up to monitor the situation.

Spellcaster
Wasn't the last post before DA KING's only about 8 hours ago? Threads go hours without responses all the time, don't they?

8-Ball
True, but serious threads like this move way quicker.

Grave
Yeah, a thread about a member being kidnapped usually takes priority over something like, say, a retro theme song thread.

Medussssa
It's just worrying that we haven't heard anything new for a while. I'm really concerned about him.

Hen With a Tie
That's how it always is in a crisis scenario. The lack of updates only heightens the tension

DA KING
That's what I was trying to get at. This sucks.

Grave
You don't need to tell us, man. We all know this sucks.

Aura

Post by Aura »

BartToons
This is BartToons' mother. I was just going through his room, and decided to check on his computer on a whim. This was the last website that he had been on before he left, so I decided to log on. I'm not sure why. I suppose that I just wanted to see what he was doing.

As much as it hurts me to say it, I must confirm that yes, my son has been missing since the kidnapping, and I am almost certain that he was taken. My family has had a hole in it since that morning, and I am praying every day that my son returns to us safely.

Finding this thread was a bit unnerving, considering how quickly you were able to deduce that my son was missing. But at the same time, I can't help but feel touched that you cared enough to take note of it. I sincerely appreciate the support I've seen. It makes me happy that my son has people who also want him to be safe.

Medussssa
When I saw BartToons' name, I thought that he was back and posting again...

Lady of Blades
So did I. I guess that this is 100% confirmation that he's really gone, then.

How do we know that it's really her, though? Couldn't it be some hacker who's doing this just to fuck with us?

8-Ball
I don't think this board's really big enough for hackers to target us, especially to do something as pointlessly cruel as pretending to be a missing member's mother.

You can never be sure, man. There's some pretty sick people out there.

Vixen Supreme (Admin)
I checked the source. It's coming from the same IP as all of BartToons' other posts. She's looking pretty legit.

Ma'am, if you're still reading this thread, I want to express my sympathies for what you're going through, and we're going to try to stay on top of the situation.

Grave
Yeah, don't sweat it about the information. A few of us are pretty good at digging. Once anything comes up, we'll know.

BartToons
I'm sorry if I gave anyone false hopes. I just wanted to say something to express my views on the situation.

zIg zAg (Admin)
No one is blaming you, ma'am. I'm sure that most of us would have done the same thing in your shoes.

8-Ball
Well, now that family is officially involved, what do we do with this thread?

Medussssa
We do what we've been doing, I guess. Just keep an eye on what's going on and hope everything turns out okay.

Spellcaster
Agreed. It's not like there's much we can do, but we might as well do what we can.

Grave
He's one of us. It's our duty to know everything we can.

Hen With a Tie
We're a community. It's what we do.

Previous Page 1 2 3 4 5
Aura

Post by Aura »

Grave
Hey guys, me and Detective finally got a lead on BartToons. Just follow the link here. NSFW. NSFL too.

Great Detective (Admin)
For the record, we spent a lot of time talking with the other admins to determine whether or not it would be appropriate to link this on the boards. Considering the circumstances though, we figured that it was necessary.

Spellcaster
Survival of the Fittest? They've returned?

Wait, isn't that that terrorist thing? I thought they got shut down!

8-Ball
No, looks like they've just been inactive for a while. Trust me, I was hoping someone had dealt with them too.

Vixen Supreme (Admin)
I really hope that this should be obvious, but in case it isn't, I'm going to state it outright.

Screengrabs and gifs from the site that Grave linked to are strictly prohibited. You ignore this rule, you face the consequences.

Lady of Blades
I wouldn't dream of it.

DA KING
There's a B017: Bart Cappotelli listed. Is that BartToons?

Great Detective (Admin)
I'm pretty sure it is.

We don't usually like to divulge information on users for pretty obvious regions, but I think that we can make an exception in this case.

Hen With a Tie
I don't want to watch it because I know it's gonna be fucked up, but at the same time, I want to know what happened.

Medussssa
I can't watch it. I'm concerned about him, but I just can't bring myself to watch it. I'm sorry.

Vixen Supreme (Admin)
You have nothing to apologize for, Dusa. It's horrible, and no one will blame you for not wanting to see it.

The Sixth Titan
So if BartToons was kidnapped by the Survival of the Fittest people, does that mean that he's dead now?

Grave
Honestly, I don't know. I haven't watched the videos for myself. I was just alerting you guys.

Lady of Blades
I know this is horrible, but I just don't want to give up hope for him yet.

Previous Page 1 ... 17 18 19 20

Return to “V6 Meanwhile...”