Under A Watchful Eye

Day 9. Afternoon. Around 3pm. (PRIVATE.)

Following a well-worn path from the temple that leads behind the building and the memorial garden takes you to the cliff face itself. Featuring a sheer drop to the water and rocks below and no barrier of any kind, the edge of the cliff is not one for the faint of heart. A large roughly cut wooden sign has been haphazardly hammered into the ground here but whatever was originally painted upon it has long since washed away leaving only a shadow of a single word behind.
Primrosette

Under A Watchful Eye

Post by Primrosette »

Why have I even come over here for? There is nothing that I want to do here and yet I want to stay for some reason. I just guess I don't want to move onward anymore. Is there even a point in me trying to fight against everything anymore? Maybe, maybe not. I guess I'm finding it harder and harder to care anymore.

"I'm so tired of all of this now...."

((Jonathan Meyers continued from Beauty is Pain. Happiness is a Weapon.))

He was still mulling and sulking over the announcements that he had heard in the morning and he was still in the process of how to get his head back into the game. Expect that he knew that this was not all a game and this was just his life and the lives of his fellow classmates' lives that were still at stake. Should he just give up on his goals of going after people that he thought that he should still try to stop? He was still thinking about it and he knew that he shouldn't start hesitating over what to do again. He couldn't have any doubts anymore. He had to do what he thought was right, even if he was in the wrong about things. Making mistakes was only.... human.

"Hah...! Human, right...." He grumbled softly under his breath as he was looking up at the cliffs from the shade of trees and he had left the bike down on the ground, feeling that he was sick and tired of taking it around with him everywhere. He had needed a short break from walking and now he was making his way slowly to the top of the cliffs. "...I just wish that this nightmare would end. I don't want to deal with something that is getting worse and worse as time goes on. But it's not like I have a choice in making things stop."

He reached up to his collar and he touched it lightly with his fingertips, feeling sick to his stomach.

He was thinking about the announcements. Lizzie had killed herself. He wasn't sure how to feel about that and he hoped that Morgan was going to be okay (he knew that there was no way that he was ever going to be okay after his girlfriend's death). Ivy had killed Tirzah. Giving him more of a reason to kill Ivy now and to make Myles suffer more for it emotionally. Camilla had killed Theo. He just felt bad for both of them as he knew that they had been friends and he felt his heart tighten as he thought about Declyn in that moment. Stop it, me. Don't think about it, Jon. Just don't.... Scary Blaise had been the one to who tortured Julien to death. He hoped that Camilla will get her revenge on Blaise for what they have done. Justin was still on a killing spree and Michael had killed another person too. Jon was not surprised that those two were still going for it and he just hoped that he wouldn't have to deal with them again.

Willow had finished off Sierra and he knew that it had been his fault that he had even attacked Sierra in the first place. He felt the heaviness weighing on his heart and he felt a soft, sad sigh coming out of his mouth, standing out in the open now. Feeling that he was going to have to make up for his mistake at some point and that he was not good at trying to be a good person. He had failed a lot of people and there was no way that he could take back his wrongdoings.
[+] V7
ImageG006 - Violet Quinn: "T-Thank you.... Ned...."
ImageB033 - Adonis Cohen: "Thank.... T-Thank you, E-Emmett..."
ImageB045 - Emmett Bunnell: "Just.... breathe, you idiot...."(Adopted to Toxie!)
ImageB054 - Drew Woods: "D-Declyn, I love you..."
ImageB051 - Jonathan Meyers: “...that’s louder than bombs and eternity…” (Adopted from Yugikun!)
Melusine

Post by Melusine »

“I’m bored.”

((Willow continued from the manor.))

Willow’s soft steps on the floor were bouncing back inside of her head. She had been here on the first day.

With Sierra.

It was with Sierra.

Originally, it had been her idea to stroll here, but Willow did make the best out of it with rushing Marco. It had been reckless, but it was exhilarating. The gamble of losing everything to earn anything particularly left her breathless.

Her finger went back to her chest, pressing it until it felt sore. She sighed, her finger pushed deeper through the fabric of her black shirt. She needed to wake up, snap back to reality but it was easier said than done.

The feeling of emptiness and boredom was pushing itself through her limbs, making her feel strangely tingly.

“Kat,” her finger twisted, “I’m bored.”

She turned her head toward her ally, flashing her a smile.

“Tell me something nice.”
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

((Katrina Lavell continued from ...One Taught Me Pain))

Katrina trudged along after Willow. They had walked for a while and were nearing the cliffs. Katrina adjusted her shoulder with the bag and Sierra's rifle hanging from it, while keeping a tight grip on the nodachi. She was definitely going to need to start consolidating her items. She still had no idea how to use the gun, which was something she'd have to do soon.

Katrina sighed as they continued their walk. Willow announced her boredom, and asked Katrina to tell her something nice.

"Um...okay..."

Katrina paused. That was quite the broad thing to ask. Should she give Willow some trivia? Or recite a quote? She wasn't too sure.

"Let's see..."

That's when an idea came to Katrina.

"Did you know that Madonna once got grounded for a whole summer when she was a teen because she snuck out to go see a David Bowie concert? It's like she went from Rebel Rebel to Rebel Heart."

She really hoped that was what Willow was asking for. Katrina wasn't known for making jokes, but even she thought she was clever when she tweeted that one a few years back.
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Jonathan could hear voices not that far behind him and he recognized the female voices. He wasn't sure what to do about it and he knew that he would have ran into them at some point. He just didn't think that it would be this soon. He wondered what the two girls would think of him now and he knew that he shouldn't be caring about people's feelings anymore on the island. He couldn't even hide away in a bush or behind a tree or anything else. He couldn't get away from Willow and Katrina without being in their line of sight.

He let out a sigh of slight frustration and his hand was instantly reaching for his chainsaw in his dufflebag. He stopped himself with hesitation and he shook his head a little, thinking that he should not get too threatening in front of them.

Don't make the same mistake again, you idiot....

Jonathan lowered his hand back to his side and he turned around to face the girls that were getting closer, frowning out of reflex.
[+] V7
ImageB045 - Emmett Bunnell: "Just.... breathe, you idiot...."(Adopted to Toxie!)
ImageB051 - Jonathan Meyers: “...that’s louder than bombs and eternity…” (Adopted from Yugikun!)
Melusine

Post by Melusine »

"I have no idea what that-"

Jonathan.

Shaped just like he was like that, frowning like a bitch with this pout on his face as if he deserved something better. In response, Willow smiled, crossing her arms over her chest. It was going to be fun. Or maybe it wouldn't, Willow didn't care, she just wanted to get the laundry out.

She looked at him, up and down and then down and up. He looked too good. It wasn't fair. He even had the balls to pull his chainsaw, as if Willow was going to get her hands dirty for him. She didn't need to, she never needed to. Sierra was something else, and she didn't count for the record.

She took two steps with no hesitation. She was greeting an old friend.

"Hello camper," she smiled but her eyes were empty, "how are you doing on this great afternoon?"
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Well, so much for distracting themselves with nice things. They found Jonathan. Katrina couldn't believe it. They found him, just like that. Maybe they'd actually be able to run into the people they wanted to find.

But Katrina couldn't ruminate on that right now. Jonathan looked prepared for them, already wielding the chainsaw he used to put Sierra halfway to death. Willow also looked ready to pounce on him.

Katrina held back as Willow stepped closer. This was Willow's fight, after all. Willow had claimed it, and Katrina had to honor it. Jonathan had taken their friend from them, and if he was going to continue to be a danger to them and to others, he had to be dealt with.

Katrina put both hands on the nodachi and pulled the sword slightly out of the sheathe. Not enough to make it look like she was going to join in, but enough to make it clear that she was willing to use it.

Katrina felt her heart starting to race. It was one thing to say you were going to fight someone and kill them. It was another to really be here. She could feel her legs starting to get a bit weak, and she prayed the feeling would go away soon. Willow needed her. She had to be strong for her.
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Jonathan gritted his teeth as Willow spoke to him and he noticed that Katrina was holding back with the sword at the ready. He felt his grip on the turned-off chainsaw tighten and he knew that this was not a friendly reunion. Something was just feeling off about the girl in front of him and he found himself taking a few steps back as she was getting closer to him.

"...."

He needed to leave. Even if the guilt of making Willow kill Sierra was getting to him and he knew that even if he did apologize for his actions. There just was no way he could even ask for forgiveness for his horrid sin and now he just needed to get away from the two girls. He still needed to take care of some things and maybe he could....

You won't come back to Willow and Katrina. You just don't want to deal with them right now because you're a selfish bastard, Jonathan.

"...Hm..."

He guessed that he really did have to deal with things right now. He couldn't run off like a cowardly lion. He had to stay. And talk to her....

"Hey." He mumbled softly as he was staring right at Willow's face and he brushed a strand of his own hair out of the way of his face with his free hand, feeling something tightening more in his chest. "....I'm not fine if that's what you wanted to know, Willow."

His eyes averted to the cliffs, not wanting to look at Willow again. The guilt was weighing more heavily on him mentally. How could he have been so, so stupid?!
[+] V7
Melusine

Post by Melusine »

"I know." She nodded at herself, "I figured you wouldn't be."

Two more steps toward the coward who would rather stare at the cliff than look at her. She uncrossed her arms, letting them fall next to her hips. The whip was there and so was the stun gun. She tapped them softly. They would be useful if plan number one wouldn't work.

She squeezed Sierra's hand softly, reminding herself she wasn't alone in this. Willow wasn't going anywhere. She was here to stay, she was right here to survive and to see and to conquer.

And it would start, or rather continue, with Jonathan.

"But you know how you could get rid of those dark feelings? Make yourself happy again?"

She took a final step. Her smile was gone. No point of showing anything if he wasn't facing her. Her teeth were grinding into each other, twisting and pushing until the coil ruptured.

"Jump."
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

"What...?"

Jonathan felt his head snapping back around to stare at Willow in disbelief. Of course.... She didn't want to get her hands dirty with him and so he had to do the job himself. But he wasn't going to give her that satisfaction and he was glad that she wasn't putting on a false smile anymore. He had seen right through it and he wasn't going to be fooled by the fakeness of it all. He was not going to die right now and he was going to make sure of it.

But what if....

He shook his head and he was now more or less glaring at Willow with cold-hearted eyes.

"Sorry, Willow. I'm not going to kill myself." He said boldly as he shifted slightly on his feet restlessly and he was wondering if he was just hoping that she and Katrina would leave him alone now. "I might be feeling guilty for what I did to Sierra.... But I'm not that desperate to end my own life."
[+] V7
Melusine

Post by Melusine »

“Awww,” she pouted, “come on!”

Her voice betrayed her anxiety, but she was still in control. She just didn’t like how he looked at her. It was normal, really. Nobody wanted to be told that, but you know, Willow knew better.

She just had to explain her point to him.

“See, if you jump,” she made a little gesture with her hand by putting her thumb against ring finger and letting her index and middle finger loose, “it would be really quick.”

Her fingers kept running. Dashing through the air, gliding against nothing. She stopped then pulled out her stun gun, pressing the muzzle against the side of her head. The running stopped, and then she pointed Jonathan with her weapon.

“But if I get to you,” she pressed the button once just to let the sparks fly, “I’m going to make it as slow as possible. I’m going to cut everything out and force you to eat it, I don’t give a shit how long it takes. I’m going to fucking gut you and force it down your fucking throat, you piece of fucking garbage.”

Her free hand grabbed her whip.

“So, jump.” She flashed a smile. “You’re going to die but you have a choice, keep that in mind.”
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Jonathan felt the corners of his dry lips curling into an unsettling smirk and he dropped all three bags (his bag, Declyn's bag and the dufflebag) onto the ground beside him. Now he wouldn't have to be held back by heavy belongings and he was standing up more straight. His eyes gazed at the stun gun and the whip, knowing that he couldn't reason his way out of this with Willow. It was plain and simple to see....

She wants you dead....

"Hm, I see...."

Jonathan clicked down on his tongue and he felt himself getting more of a firm grip onto the chainsaw by his side. But he didn't want to make a move yet. He just wanted to see what else the girl in front of him was going to do and he took a few bigger steps backwards, trying to get more of a distance between him and Willow. He wanted to have more room and he wanted to avoid getting tasered or getting whipped. He had to think over things more carefully.

You might have to kill her if she doesn't back off, Jonathan. You knew that it could have come to this eventually.... Don't try to fool yourself anymore about trying to do the right things again. Now you have to do whatever it takes to just survive and get away. Either with blood on your hands or no blood to taint you at all.

"Or how about a third option, Willow?" Jonathan said more quietly and he didn't move his hand yet to turn on the cursed chainsaw, knowing that he could be just provoking a terrifying bear without thinking about the consequences. "How about I just get to you? And chopped you up with this saw? Sounds like that would be a better choice than to either die to you or to off myself."

He was getting more serious now.

"I want to live."
[+] V7
Melusine

Post by Melusine »

"Tough luck, cookie."

Willow anchored herself into the ground. She dropped her own bag.

"You don't get to live."

She started swinging her whip in a circle. It made a pleasant noise as it circled near her. It was just a one time thing. She knew from experience that it would probably just hurt her more than it would help her.

"You don't get to go home, you don't get to see your parents again," her voice was raising, "you don't fucking get a happy ending."

Willow knew her anger came from somewhere within Sierra's death. It wasn't the fact that she was gone, Willow knew this would happen from the get-go. But she was angry that she left so suddenly, she wanted her to stay here for a while. She wanted to see her face when Faith's name showed up on the announcement.

She just wanted her, goddamn it.

Without anything else to say, she did what she always does in these situations.

She lashed out without remorse.
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Jonathan knew that he was not going to be the one to go home and he knew that he didn't deserve to go back. He just wanted to live for a bit longer. But that seemed like it was too much to ask right now. Well, it looked like he would have to fight back.

He snarled at Willow as she was charging right at him and he forced himself into a sprint forward towards her, not caring if the both of them were about to make a huge mess of things.

None of it mattered anymore. He just needed to survive, survive, survive, survive...!

"Shut up, shut up, shut up!" He yelled at the top of his lungs and he was lowered his body slightly as he was rushing more onward. "I don't want to go back, you psychopath! I don't want a fucking happy ending...! You don't deserve one either, Willow!"

He was at a lower angle and he lunged himself forward, hoping to make her shoulder connect with her body and to knock her down with ease.
[+] V7
Melusine

Post by Melusine »

She didn't want a happy ending. Willow wanted a quiet ending. That's where Jonathan was wrong, but she didn't feel the need to correct him as he was going toward her with a certain murderly intent. She started cackling.

Willow was actually surprised that she had managed to clip him, it was more of an intimidation tool than a weapon for her. But it hurt him, it gashed him in side of his chest just above the chainsaw. If anything, she had expected him to book it like a coward, but he rushed her.

This was getting more and more interesting by the second, and Willow's boredom finally started to alleviate itself.

The impact of Jonathan's shoulder into her chest was an unfortunate one, really. It flared up pain throughout her body and slammed her into a tree like a ragdoll. It was part of the fun to lose. It was part of a bigger scheme of thing, but Willow wasn't quite ready to lose yet.

Her laughter continued as the wind was knocked out of her, resulting an unpleasant if curious cacophony of hacking and coughing and choking. She snapped back her whip at her. She squeezed her right hand and-

it was gone.

Willow squinted. She should have the knife. It wasn't fair that Kat had both the gun and the knife.

"Hey Jon," she croaked, "your mom's a bitch."
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Jonathan had barely noticed the stinging from getting whipped across the chest, his hoodie get a slight rip in it from the whip. He honestly didn't care about that anymore as he was more focused on going onto the attack and he just didn't want to play around with Willow. He had to get more serious about this situation and he couldn't let her get away from this. He was really going to go with his twisted choice of killing her and he knew that this was what the terrorists wanted. He guessed he was not the right person for this. Declyn was going to be disappointed in him....

Stop. Don't think about it, Jonathan.

"Shut. Up." He spat out the words with a bitter taste in his throat and he felt his mind clouding over with darker thoughts of hurting this girl. "Stop. Fucking. Talking."

He then kicked Willow's stomach with a hard force and he was sure that the impact against the tree behind her was a painful experience. He just wanted her to go down and never get up.

You can make that happen, Jonathan.

He reached his free hand over to the chainsaw.

Just do it, Jonathan.

He turned the chainsaw on.

Just end it all for her, Jonathan. NOW!

He raised the chainsaw above his head, feeling himself suddenly chuckle unexpectedly.

"Goodbye, Willow."
[+] V7

Return to “The Cliff”