Manifest Content

—Currently Private—

The temple is a rather ornately constructed building featuring a large mural depicting a rising sun over and across the entrance doors. However, once you step inside, the luster vanishes. The time it has been left abandoned is beginning to take its toll as the building is very musty. Rows of mildewy cushions are arranged in a semi-circle, all facing a large painting of an angel on the back wall that has worn away to such a degree the face is no longer visible. Large rectangular panels of silk fabric also hang from the walls and across the ceiling, although these too show signs of mold growth.
MethodicalSlacker

Manifest Content

Post by MethodicalSlacker »

At least it's not raining anymore, thought Lucas, half expecting his thoughts to summon storm-clouds.

[Lucas Diaz continued from Quinnspiracy Theory.]

The Clout Gang 2 had meandered around for the better part of the evening before settling down and finding a spot to sleep. Lucas woke up the next morning just a few minutes before the announcements. How it was fucking possible that he had so much trouble getting out of bed during the school year and yet his body had already tuned itself to wake up before his new alarm clock was a mystery to him. He sat and listened to the results coming in.

Julien killed Ashlynn.

That didn't really surprise him. Hadn't Julien mentioned something to that effect before? Even if he hadn't, Julien gave off deathly vibes. He was a little pretentious and very occasionally angry, and that was a dangerous combination if he ever knew one. One death passed; then, a Quinn kill. It stung to have that one confirmed. Liberty was an asshole, but she was an asshole that occasionally be nice to Lucas. Those people were appreciated for their worth above other assholes, who had nothing to offer but shit. Pun intended, and made unfunny by how stressed it was. Nice.

The next set of deaths didn't register with him. He was waiting for Erika to come up. Erika, who had killed two more people. Erika, who needed to be stopped. He balled his hand up into a fist and uncurled two fingers. When Erika's kills were read off, he stuck out two more. It was disgusting. Lucas didn't even care that Zach was killing now. That wasn't his concern. If anything, Lucas did what he could to avert that by taking a sword from him. Whatever. He heard that someone had killed themselves, which felt like a better option than continuing on for most people at this point.

And then Lucas had to move on to the next hand.

Six.

Six kills.

It was with renewed fury, then, that Lucas lead the Clout Gang 2 up the cliffs towards a squat wooden building. The temple. If Erika was at the beach, and previously Lucas had encountered her at the lookout in the northern woods, then chances were that she had continued her journey southward and, when she hit the pier, likely inward. He didn't think that he'd stumble upon her inside, but it wasn't unlikely that she'd make her way down. In the absolute worst case scenario, there were three of them and one of her, and surrounding her inside such close quarters could overwhelm her, maybe.

Speaking of his party, Lucas figured it was time to check on them. He turned around and looked at Princess and Katelynne behind him, keeping pace.

"How are you two holding up?" he asked, "We're almost there."
[+] Recommended Reading Order
—The Heaven Panel—

Image / Image - G051: Lili Williams: 1. Kidnapped from her school trip and thrown into a horrific death game, Lili wanders the wasteland in search of her past life before it slides away from her for good.

Meanwhile 1. From Here On Out [Complete] Marie Bernstein eats ice cream with her friend and gets a text message.

Image / Image - B043: Arthur Bernstein: 2. Arthur watches the waters from the beach, knowing that their presence spells death. Seeking his sister's comfort, he takes up the spear and walks alongside another.

Meanwhile 2. Colorless [Complete] A family reunion under less than ideal circumstances. When trying to unravel the mystery of her brother's death at the hands of esoteric serial terrorists, Marie discovers more than she bargained for.

——The Earth Panel——

𝄇

Image - G026: Liberty "Bert" Wren: 3. It is happening again. To make things right, Bert must understand where things went wrong.

Image - B049: Max Rudolph: 4. The words we use to construct our realities often also make up the links in our chains. Fleeing a vision, Max builds his most elaborate prison yet.

Image - B032: Lucas Diaz: 5. A life lived through the views of others. In pursuit of revenge and his own death, Lucas Diaz interrupts the falling of many dominos.

Meanwhile 3. Because We Love You [Complete] Selections from a Google Drive, never to be logged into again.

Meanwhile 4. The Lines We Draw [Complete] In the process of collecting his brother's memories, Milo Diaz has a fitful morning.

Image - G007: Violet Schmidt: 6. The stars in the night sky do not make pictures. Breathing on both sides of the water, Violet Schmidt journeys to escape the confines of her own mind, and her reality.

Meanwhile 5. Years of Pilgrimage [???] Dana Schmidt is dreaming.

Meanwhile 6. Colorless II [Ongoing] Charlie Bernstein returns to the desert and finds it empty.

Meanwhile 7. Writing the Enigma [Ongoing] Randy Rudolph provides lodgings for Marie Bernstein as she investigates Survival of the Fittest, the city of Chattanooga, and the meaning of water.
———The Hell Panel———

𝄌
¿

[+] Other Threads
Virtual Pilgrimage: Exploring the Pregame Cities of SOTF
Cicada

Post by Cicada »

((Princess McQuillan continued from Quinnspiracy Theory))

How had it come to pass, that she'd left more people in the lurch than she herself would call morally permissible, a number greater than zero?

The announcements, at least, remained obstinately stubborn in their outreach to Princess' ego by association. The faces she'd met remained mostly alive. Maybe not well. Who knew how deceptive the smarmy and bored drone of a middle-aged man casually mumbling his sadism was? Encounters that didn't end in death could well end in things broken, beaten. She hoped that they remained well. She trusted, in spite of her own unwillingness to see such trust through, in Valerija's stubborn ideal, in Megan's pitiful thoughtfulness, in Sakurako's smile, in Thomas' guts. She hoped she would see them again, that they would change as she did, and perhaps become better for it. Specifically she hoped they would not change in the form of a bisection from Marco or a buckshot from Erika.

These two, somehow, she remained in the company of. Sure Kate was truly one of the few human beings left, on this island or off it, that she'd be willing to trust any part of her own body or soul to. But Lucas was legitimately just some uninteresting millennial putz. But maybe that was what she was looking for?

Her own motivation remained elusive. She continued to narrate her own journey in the third person, but at times only halfheartedly. Violet's character remained an enigma to her- truly, they had been a ride-or-die couple.

Emphasis on dying, apparently.

"I've been here before," Princess started with a calm to her voice similar to the eye of the storm, only turbulent if one knew the big picture and not just what their eyes reported. Serene, but deadly so. Like a gentle copse of trees given to rotting- technically peaceful, but teeming with ugliness that was life reinventing itself. "There's a cliff side behind here that a girl tried to throw herself off of. Maybe."

She wondered if that would give Lucas any ideas.

"I'm fine." Princess wiggled her bare toes. The callouses were one clear mark of the passage of time on her body- she'd once had pudding dumplings for flesh, now she was tougher. Or maybe the adrenaline was just that good a drug. Of all the statements she'd had to make, she'd stuck so far with the most superfluous and stupid looking of them all. 'I am barefoot, see me roar'. Or something to that effect.

"I'm surprised I have it in me still. Rationing and stress, you'd think I'd be my namesake. Spoiled and rapidly unraveling."
V8 Vibes:
[+] Peace Only Under Liberty
Character Relation Planner! - I'll be responding to proposals and ideas in increments, please be patient!
V7 Vibes:
[+] Cicada Uses A Gun For The First Time
ImageB008, Demetri Futscher - Captain Of The USS Dekcuc - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 *
Image G018, Beryl Mahelona - Sleepyhead - 1 *
ImageG040, Camila Cañizares - Nightingale - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 *
ImageG060, Princess McQuillan - a flimsy purpose - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 *
ImageG065, Kelly Nguyen - everyone's friend - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Updated Character Appearances - Updated July 2020
Pregame Relationships
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

((The horse princess is here, too.))

Richard. One of those tall, lanky ghost boy types. Katelynne didn't really know him, but she knew she didn't like him. Being forced to work on a 9th grade science project with someone so surly and a constant Debbie Downer was one of the worst experiences Katelynne ever had the misfortune of, though that probably wasn't saying much relatively speaking now.

But she couldn't hate him. She couldn't ignore those rumors of him being mysteriously absent and hospitalized when they reached her ears, or those about his homelife. And now he was just another addition to Quinn's kill count. Just another number, another statistic.

Julien really did kill. Marco, too; now a confirmed double dipper.

Katelynne didn't really say anything much through the rest of the day, just following Princess and Lucas around searching for a good enough water source. Helped out here and there with as much of a smile as she could muster, of course, but just a smile that went through the motions. A smile that had to smile because that's what was expected of her.

She clutched the map and yearbook under her arm as she trailed along with the others to whatever the "Temple" was on the map. The wind howled and pushed them back with all its might, but they defiantly pressed onward.

She listened as Princess reminisced about her earlier pass through this area. Her bare feet drew Katelynne's eyes, callouses and dirt and all. Made her think about the boy she gave her spare clothes to back on the beach so many nights ago, covered in blood and tears. Hoped he was doing okay.

"Princesses can be strong in hardship, too. Like Cinderella or Odette."

More silence as she processed Lucas's question.

"...I'm okay, too. I'll be good when we can find a place to stop at."
Shiola

Post by Shiola »

Hollow, painful laughter began to steadily emanate from around the side of the Temple; only now audible from where Lucas, Princess, and Katelynne were standing. There was no joy in it, clearly. Fits of coughing and the few coherent words muttered forth made that much clear.

“They trusted you. I trusted you. We could’ve just… it could’ve just been me. Six? You had one. Then two. Now six. Why not one? I… I should’ve been the one. Or maybe I should’ve just… Oh God, no. I wouldn’t. Guess we’re even then. One friend for another, right? Maybe you’ll get Axel too. Or A… And-... Andy?”

Another fit. Tears, shallow breaths, agonized coughing, and manic, forced laughter. All keeping the words at bay, even as they repeated over and over in his mind.

Andy.

“G-guess I don’t have to w-worry about him anym-more. Wish I… wish we’d… no, he would’ve hated me too. Would’ve hurt me too. Or I’d hurt him. I did. I did hurt him. Doesn’t matter. Even after… after six from her, even after I stopped, they all still run and cower and shoot and… anything but listening, or caring. Or aiming, I guess!”

There should be some way to make light of this. He might as well have been trying to strike a match in a hurricane. No one could stop him from pretending, though. Fake it till you make it, even if he had nowhere left to go. He could still smile, even if every time he did it hurt from the dry cuts and bruises. Not like there was a way to move right now that didn’t hurt just a little bit.

((Tyrell Lahti continued from The Tower))

He tried to get up. It didn’t really work, and he ended up having to brace himself against the wall of the Temple; one of his legs had fallen asleep, and the other ached from days of walking. Dirt caked his torn clothes, still slightly wet from the morning dew. Ty hadn’t intentionally slept outside, but had passed out after collapsing next to the building. He’d stumbled in the previous night, only to find it smelling of corpse and with his second-favorite support beam having collapsed.

Rounding the corner, he tripped on an uneven patch of ground and fell forward, just barely stopping himself from landing flat on his face. Apparently he wasn’t alone, noticing he had an audience for his entirely pathetic entrance. He rolled onto his back, looking up at the trio.

He waved at them, only stopping when he felt a sharp stinging sensation and noticed that the long, shallow cut on his forearm was dripping again. Ty cradled it against his chest, trembling slightly.
MethodicalSlacker

Lucas opened his mouth in order to reassure Katelynne that they were, as one could tell simply by looking ahead, very close to the temple building, an ideal spot for at least momentary rest, when he first heard the mumbling.

No, mumbling wasn't quite right. These were the ramblings and yelpings of an insane person, and they were coming from within the temple. Lucas held up a hand, indicating for Princess and Katelynne that they should stop. Silently he pointed up ahead to the doorway of the temple with his left index finger, then made to draw his crowbar out from the straps of his bag. If whoever was inside had a gun, it'd be useless, but if they didn't, they'd think twice about fucking with him. They'd have to.

It only took a few moments for Lucas to realize that he didn't need the crowbar. Tyrell stumbled into the doorway, tripping over himself to wave at them, bleeding profusely from his arm. He looked sick. He looked filthy. He looked vulnerable.

Lucas took a step forward.

Tyrell Lahti. He'd been keeping track of him, on the anouncements. Tyrell was Erika's boyfriend, after all. Hurting him would deal a similar blow to Erika that he, too, had felt. They went together in Lucas' mind. Erika and Tyrell. It was only recently that he had even started thinking of them as more than a collective. The possibility of their separation was alien to him. Having not actually seen Erika with his own eyes yet, he'd assumed Tyrell was next to her on each occasion, in the back of his mind.

Come to think of it, why weren't they travelling together? Had they just not found each other yet? No, that couldn't be it. She had a very specific destination for her BKA prize, and they easily could have met up then.

Wait, was that what he was trying to do? This was where she had been told to go, after all.

Something wasn't right here.

"Holy shit, guy," Lucas said, walking up to the temple, "are you fuckin' okay? Well, shit, don't even answer that, just—"

He turned around towards Princess and Katelynne.

"Tyrell's up there, and he looks like he's hurt really bad. I—"

And again, he turned, trampling on his own thoughts like an elephant just broken out of the circus.

"—I'm coming up, okay? I can patch you up, stop the bleeding. Holy fuck."
Cicada

Post by Cicada »

Princess was mildly put off by being told to wait on Lucas' all clear, a realization she only had time to make in the awkward pause that came with mindlessly acceding to said 'wait' command. She'd spent most of her rising action to date being on the leash and retainer of random guys she didn't particularly like, of course, but it still stung a little to be so bluntly confronted with the consequences of that truth.

She maintained her composure, of course. The least she could do on her own behalf- even ignoring that she felt obligated to, for others. Kate was always finding a way to smile, Princess was stony-face eager to return the favor. Cinderella, was that who she was? Waiting on 'the right fit' before she could actually claim her destiny? Princess didn't have long to digest that idea in its particulars. But she wasn't particularly opposed to it- at least that was where she left off when she heard a familiar name.

She'd expected he would have been the worse of the quote-unquote 'power couple'- a distinction afforded more with definite hindsight- if you'd asked the naive geek that had been Princess, Day One. Erika had superseded him in every way possible since, but Tyrell had always been the one in school more comfortable wearing the miasma of the school's rumor mill like furs and mink. Princess would have been quick to write him off had she not been busily losing track of all her good sense and judgement in the days following. As it was he remained seemingly unwilling to kill after his Day One interest in bloodshed. Could have been that he'd done all he'd set out to do. Perhaps a series of misunderstandings keyed into his famous temper.

So many times in just the past few days she'd learned to not so carelessly judge a book by its cover. Or its contents in her own case, as Princess rapidly devolved into the crass modernist form of death of the author.

Instinctively, she was not too keen on keeping that lesson to heart. Marco at least, had been a familiarly gauche evil. Tyrell was an enigma, and in the unknown lurked the violin trills that set her own heart aflutter at unhealthy speeds. Princess felt a sudden queasiness, but followed along as Lucas stuttered over himself. She had bandages, she had ointments, all the whatever it was that was stuffed into her medkit.

The willingness, she could pretend. Prototypical Princess.
V8 Vibes:
Character Relation Planner! - I'll be responding to proposals and ideas in increments, please be patient!
V7 Vibes:
ImageG060, Princess McQuillan - a flimsy purpose - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 *
ImageG065, Kelly Nguyen - everyone's friend - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Pregame Relationships
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

Tyrell? Tyrell was here?

Tyrell!

Katelynne rushed ahead of Princess and Lucas, only stopping right when she got to the walkway Tyrell was lying in agony on.

This looked bad... maybe even moreso than Julien or Marco, even considering the missing eye. There were always rumors and takes on Tyrell around school, on his scars and fights and how he'd likely miss their high school reunion due to serving time for a violent misdemeanor. But whatever was the cause of the bleeding, and the bruises, and the other injuries now he didn't deserve it. No one did.

The cold uninviting entry into the building was right by. Who was to say Erika and him weren't teaming up? But that didn't sit right with Katelynne. Erika didn't have a reason for the pony show, going by the announcements and what Lucas mentioned earlier that day.

Katelynne took her seat on the elevated step, close to Tyrell but enough to keep her distance so Lucas or Princess had room to work on him. She weren't no help in these kinda situations either, but she could at least be some sort of moral support.

"Are you okay?" she asked the lion with the thorn in his paw. "Where does it hurt?"
Shiola

Post by Shiola »

Ty blinked, trying to put names to faces. They moved towards him with some trepidation. Cautious. That made sense, given what he’d done. They were asking if he was okay. Offering to help. Offering to patch him up. That didn’t make sense, given what he’d done. If he could withstand being sewn together once again, he didn’t know. All that he was now was a worn patchwork quilt of flaws various half-hearted attempts at being something other than himself.

He was too tired. Too tired to stop them, whatever they chose. Diaz, his favorite Lucas. Princess, another one of the photography kids E̡̛͟r̷͘͝i̢̨k̶̸a̸̧̛ knew. Katelynne, the one with that blog where she talked about her hive of Furbies. People he should’ve spent more time around before all of this. If he had, maybe he’d have better memories to hang onto. As things stood, the best he had of these people was posing for a few yearbook pictures. The Cooking Club gave them muffins in return.

“Heh, muffins. I mean… uhh… sure, go for it. Go for - shit, right. Where it hurts, umm… ”

For a moment he didn’t quite remember what it was he just said. Fumbling around in the dirt, he eventually managed to pull himself upright against the Temple, wincing at just about every significant movement. He held his bloodied arm in front of him, clenching and releasing his fist as he tried to assess the sensation. Remembering how many times various medical professionals had asked him to evaluate it on a scale of ten to eleven. In the way he’d previously led people down the list of scars and injuries prior to the island, he casually went through the various ways he’d been broken.

Ty tried his best to avoid mentioning the wounds they couldn’t quite see.

“Well, this is from a sword. Katrina could’ve done worse, but she didn't mean to. I got hit a few times by Lorenzo, nothing serious. Split my lip. The shiner here wasn’t his, Katie did that. Ren can’t hit for shit, but that girl can. Could. Fuck.”

He shook his head, looking down to the ground. It was stupid to still care who saw him cry at this point, though there wasn’t any helping that.

“I gave myself this ring around my neck, to match the one that explodes. Tried, well, I did hang myself to start with. Back in there, actually. Support beam collapsed, though. Claude saw to that. Most of the rest of this shit is from running in the woods. These,”

Ty gingerly lifted up the corner of his shirt, revealing the purple-yellow patterns running across his chest.

“-were from Katie. I had this shit coming. Fucked up, I guess. I dunno. I don’t want it to matter anymore, but I guess it still feels like it does. I… I don’t know why I’m saying any of this.”

He used to have an instinct toward skepticism whenever anyone offered help out of nowhere. At least in the case of Claudeson, he’d been right. Most of the time though, he hadn’t. Maybe this time, he’d just ask and take whatever answer they gave at face value.

“Why would you want to help me?”

It wasn’t like he had anything else left to lose.
MethodicalSlacker

And before he knew it, Katelynne flung herself up the hill, eager to help Tyrell. Lucas had to jog to close the distance and get there at roughly the same time as her. He set down his bags and listened as Katelynne asked him about the locations of his injuries, periodically glancing up from his searching as Tyrell identified the location of each injury for him. Sword wound on his arm, probably more than a little deep. Lucas had no idea how to stitch anything up, and hadn't ever needed them himself.

There were, however, some steri-strip things his brother had needed once when he cut himself open on a thermostat needle when he was six. The wound was absolutely thin enough across that he could conceivably steri-strip. It was a little long, though. He wondered if he had enough in his kit, or if he'd have to ask Princess or Katelynne or—hell, maybe Tyrell had some left over. He hoped for Tyrell's sake he was up to date on Tetanus. Not that he'd live that long, anyway.

The black eye, Lucas could do nothing about. There wasn't any ice in his kit. The busted lip and other bruises couldn't be helped either. They were likely painful, and they looked gruesome, but as far as dressing was concerned there was more to worry about. He grimaced when Tyrell mentioned that he had tried hanging himself. Lucas had been there before. He knew what it was like. Well, okay, not hanging himself, exactly, but he'd been in the same head-space. Starved himself two days, sulking around an abandoned building. Lost some weight, and then ballooned a little when he got on Prozac not the point Lucas not the point Lucas not the fucking point Lucas focus on the injured guy okay please just focus on the guy who's actually hurt. Please.

He had a question to field, anyways. Tyrell was asking him why he was doing this for him. It was an important question to address. Better now than later, anyhow.

"Well," Lucas said, "for starters, we need you alive, for at least a little bit, and we need you not in pain, so you can think straight and—I'm just going to be blunt here, I'm not beating around the bush, I—"

Lucas took a deep breath as he started wiping some of the blood away from the sword wound. Got to clean the wound before you seal it up.

"We're looking for your girlfriend."
Cicada

Post by Cicada »

Always more complicated than the synopsis indeed. Their 'omniscient' 'benefactor' and his morning reports on the dead and dying- read: all of the rest of them, they were the dying- only ever said so much, and the rest unsaid was the context that, for want of, made sport out of the tricky art of revenge. Or something along those lines of blustering inquiry, anyways. Tyrell made it clear- he'd been involved in even more death and carnage than there was announced to his name, yet as a victim. Princess was still at least modestly intimidated by him though- gross understatement of the decade. It might have been how imposing he was merely as a physical being. How shallow of her.

Princess drew the tin of her medical supplies out as well, wordlessly shoving it over to Lucas. Tyrell was that much of a mess- one person's worth of gauze probably wasn't enough.

"And, you're probably not the biggest threat on this island, not anymore. You've only ever killed twice, on the first day." She still hated relative measurements. Sour taste in the mouth- above and beyond the lack of toothpaste. "Inexcusable on principle, but more of a case can be made for helping you than, I dunno, Quinn or the like."

Princess recanted her addendum to Lucas' reasoning dryly. She probably just wanted to hear herself talk, more than constructively add to the conversation? Sounded about right. She sat herself on the stoop of the temple, close enough to help and far enough that she didn't.
V8 Vibes:
V7 Vibes:

Pregame Relationships
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

Katelynne didn't say anything.
Shiola

Post by Shiola »

The expression on Tyrell’s face dropped. They needed something from him. Information, if he had any. About Erika. It wasn’t hard to guess why. His girlfriend was certainly making a pretty good case to the rest of the island that she was a mortal threat to the rest of them. His gut told him that was a pretty stupid thing to do, unless someone had the supplies and firepower to go it alone. Which thanks to Ty and apparently Mikey Froese, she did. According to Princess, apparently he didn’t make the cut himself anymore.

While he wanted to feel some relief at now no longer being completely written off by his peers, the moral indignation in her voice forced him to react with sour sarcasm.

“Oh good. I’m glad to hear I’m not as bad as Quinn. I feel better already.”

Ty held out his arm; though he twitched slightly as Lucas began to clean the cut off, he suppressed the urge to wince. They were at least a bit intimidated by him, despite how pathetic he felt. That wasn’t something he was keen to throw away, even if he didn’t have a use for it right now. Lucas’ silence beckoned for an answer, and he turned his head to face him. It took Ty a moment to collect himself, and to assess just how lucid he felt.

Everything still felt a bit fuzzy. Maybe if what he said satisfied them, they might spare some food or water. Doubtful, but still worth a shot. Ty sighed, and tried his best to provide them with the short version of the worst thing that had ever happened to him.

“Alright. We met up on the second day - me and Erika. Both knew the score, only one of us was gonna make it. I was fine with it being her, but…”

She really should have just killed him.

“I guess Chris’ death hit her harder than she let on. Said she needed to do this alone. Didn’t want our last moments together to be watching each other die.”

He paused, lingering on that thought.

Whoever made it out of this wasn’t going to bring much back. The more he thought about it, the more he wondered how he’d fare. It wasn’t like he wasn’t already a bit broken to begin with. He’d probably fare better than most, if only because there wasn’t much that could hurt him worse than he already had been.

Ty kept going, unable to really keep up the stoic facade he’d adopted. Pain worse than the injuries he suffered spread across his face as he relived his experiences on the lookout.

“I went to find Katie. Erika said she’d help me. It was a lie, a set up. For both of us. Saffron’s the only reason I’m still alive.”

Something familiar had escaped his notice, at first. Now that he had a moment to look around him, he spotted the familiar off-orange paint and crook of his issued weapon. Much as it was a gift from their tormentors, it still felt familiar enough to him. The memory of disarming Lorenzo with it was a satisfying one, if not marred by the fact that he didn’t get to cave his skull in with it.

That didn’t make him feel better to imagine. It should have. He knew it should have. It didn’t. As much as he wanted to imagine it would’ve given Artem some catharsis, or saved Sapphire and Emil’s lives for a few more days, he still couldn’t avoid thinking of it as killing his best friend.

Ty pointed to the weapon with his free hand, only able to guess how Lucas had came by it. Another reason to go after her, he figured. He was scarcely able to believe she was capable of something like that, but there it was.

“I see you found my crowbar. Guess you know how that ended.”
MethodicalSlacker

"Yup."

Even with Princess' offering of extra steri-strips, it was clear to Lucas that he wouldn't be able to totally shut the wound. Katelynne wasn't offering hers, and that was probably for the best. Wasting three whole boxes worth of these things on someone who was just going to die eventually didn't seem like the most economical decision they could make. However, if they wanted to convince Tyrell to talk, to say more about where he might think Erika was, they'd need to make at least a front-facing effort towards actually dressing his wounds. Trust. They needed his trust. And so, Lucas set about laying the steri-strips across the wound. These were bigger than the ones his brother got, literal strips of paper thin material that peeled off in a day's time. There was a Plasticine backing that was more resistant than the flimsy paper he was accustomed to.

"I hope you know how Katie and Saffron turned out."

He'd put on three strips when the monotony set in. Just three.

"'Cuz in your state I don't know if I'd care too much about the announcements."

Five strips. Six strips. Seven strips.

"Well, in case you don't know, Katie and Saffron are dead. Erika shot them. She shot Julien, y'know, Julien Leblanc, shot him first, in the middle of a clearing in the woods, and then used him to lure them two down. I was there, helping pull Julien out, and then before I know it down goes Katie and down goes Saffron and I barely haul ass hard enough to yeet Julien into the goddamn bushes. I used to have this cool sword thing, and she shot a hole in it. That's how close I was to almost getting fucking wrecked, too.

"And she didn't stop there. Oliver? Dead. Tom? Dead. She's on six. I don't think she's gonna stop. But you already know that."

Eleven strips.

"When was the last time you had some water to drink?"
Cicada

Post by Cicada »

Princess watched from the sidelines. Then, her eyes further still to that one off-center side. She tried to exchange a glance with Kate. Communion to an unknown end, Princess not being too sure what her own wide-eyed, dry-mouth expression would convey. Dull surprise maybe.

"You do know that, right?" She wasn't looking at Tyrell, but in the moment of silence after Lucas' sole assertion there was no one else to ask. Maybe herself. She made a token effort of scrounging the still open bag planted on her lap and drooping off her thighs. She already knew she had nothing to find. Half a bottle left of water. Courtesy of all the panicked running around.

"I don't have much left, but you're in a worse state than me."

Why was she going along with this, the question with no good answer. She had principles and morals perhaps- even that was uncertain- but no practical means of adherence. At some point already she needed to shut up.
V8 Vibes:
V7 Vibes:

Pregame Relationships
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

Katelynne returned Princess's dull surprise aside with a morose glare of her own.

She didn't say anything. She momentarily glanced at her paltry pickings of the yearbook, the refilled and sterilized canteen, and the map she had set aside closer to the door. Her hand balled into a fist at Lucas's retelling of what happened with Caitlyn and Saffron along with the others from this morning.

She kept watching, waiting. Restraining.

Return to “The Temple”