I’m A Fucking Unicxrn

Open - Day 2

The gardens run from the leadership houses to the entrance of the manor house and formerly featured many winding paths, freshly cut grass, and an array of exotic plants from around the world. In the time since the community left the island, however, these features have all fallen into disuse. The grass is long and unkempt, and if one was to walk the paths they would have to step over many overgrown plants and debris that litter them or block the way. The other highly noticeable thing is that the gardens themselves have become overrun by devil's ivy which was introduced to the island by the leadership, who did not realize it was an invasive species.
Deamon

I’m A Fucking Unicxrn

Post by Deamon »

By the time they emerged from the woods the sun was setting. It would have been beautiful if not for the situation.

((Arizona continued from Dead Bxdies in the Lake))

Ok, that wasn’t entirely true. It was still beautiful. As they’d been walking Arizona had been thinking. Her mind lingered on three things: Jonah, Caroline and what she had done at the lake. The last one still spooked her. So she had devoted the least time to it. It was something she could think over during the night. She’d set up a watch and go first. That way she could work through it in private.

The other two weren’t things she had control over. Arizona still wasn’t convinced they’d find Caroline. They hadn’t seen any sign of the girl in the jungle. She was cogent of the time as well. The longer you went without finding someone the more your likelihood dropped. That was the commonly held theory at least. Caroline also needed help. She had mentioned losing her meds. Arizona didn’t know what type of meds they were. What she did know was losing them wasn’t a good thing. Though, as far as she knew it didn’t mean the symptoms returned straight away.

Yuki was worried about her though. Saffron had picked up the slack on comforting her. It wasn’t that Arizona didn’t want to. She just wasn’t able to. Her headspace was all wrong. It felt like she was on a delay. Whenever there was a noise she heard it fine. Her brain would make her move but she’d feel the lag between them. It was like she was driving an old car where the handling wasn’t responsive.

Then there was Jonah. He was on the island somewhere. She just had to find him. Selfishly, he was a higher priority to her than Caroline was. A little piece of her that had already been taken. But she had to find him. There weren’t any other options.

She brought the map up out of her bag—G001—the irony. That must have been what happened when Sam wasn’t around. Arizona ran her eyes over the map then the area.

“We’re here,” She announced as she stowed the map away. “These must be the gardens.”

Calling them gardens was a stretch. They were overgrown to the point of being unrecognisable. She wouldn’t have known any better if they hadn’t been labelled. Regardless, they had made it.

“So, yeah, this is it.”
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
Roberta “Robbie” Woodvine
[+] V7
G047 - Aliya Kimia Nemati - Blowgun w/ 10 Poison Darts - you're nobody till somebody kills you - "I just wanted to talk." - DEAD
G001 - Arizona Butler - Camping Stove - Dead Bxdies in the Lake Part II - ""We got there eventually." - DEAD
B046 - Bret Carter - Weighted Net - Swerve - "I'll just be on my way and we can all continue with our evenings." - DEAD
G022 - Forrest Quin - Ball-gag and handcuffs - DRUGS SAV3D MY LIF3 - "Abe-" - DEAD
Ryuki

Post by Ryuki »

(Yuki Hayashibara continued from Dead Bxdies in the Lake)

So these were the gardens. Yuki almost thought they were still in the jungle, but the fauna didn’t look as wild as it once did. The warm colors of sunset dyed the area in an orange hue. It had been almost a whole day and they hadn’t found either Caroline nor either of Yuki’s sisters. Yuki had grown more worrisome, over both her sisters’ well beings and Caroline’s. Caroline’s mental health was in jeopardy due to losing her medication. As for Yuko and Yuka, Yuki hoped they hadn’t gotten into any trouble.

“I hope there is somewhere to sit down and rest,” Yuki said, sighing heavily.

After trekking through the jungle for most of the day, Yuki’s legs just about had it. Jogging with Yuko back home was challenging enough, given Yuki lacked her older sister’s physical prowess, but a hike through a jungle was more than taxing. She felt sticky from the sweat trickling down her body. How she yearned for the air conditioning of her room. She could just sit down, do some writing and listen to some music as she did. Those memories felt so long ago, even if it was about a week ago before she went on the school trip.

“Do you see anyone yet?,” Yuki asked Arizona.
[+] V7
Mains
Image B018: Ned Jackson- That’s All Folks
Image G039: Yuki Hayashibara- Family is Forever
Image B034: Zachary Beck- Guess I’ll Die
Aura

Post by Aura »

(Saffron Fields continued from Dead Bxdies in the Lake)

Saffron had fallen a bit behind the other two while they were crossing the jungle. She had slowed her pace and been looking all around as they passed through, admittedly not seeing much aside from the thick, heavy foliage of the jungle. She was hoping that she would be able to see a sign, or a clue that could give them a hint as to where Caroline had run off to. Unfortunately, Saffron had no tracking skills, so even if there was a clue somewhere along the way, she had completely missed it.

With their search going on, Saffron started to realize the full scale of their situation. Most of their class was there, so they all had people that they cared about. Not just Caroline, but friends and siblings as well. She knew that Yuki had sisters, and Arizona was on the basketball team. As for Saffron herself, she had a good amount of friends. More than that though, she was thinking about Katie. The two of them had been bonding a lot in the months leading up to the trip, and she was there when they were kidnapped.

The pieces snapped together. Katie was there, and Saffron didn't know where she was.

Saffron tried to stay focused, but it was a lot harder now that Katie was on her mind. She emerged from the jungle to see the garden, which... didn't look all too different. Everything was overgrown to the point that it might as well have been another jungle. She put her hand on her hip, planted her pool cue on the ground, and looked around.

"You know, I kinda hoped this would be prettier."
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

“Currently?" Arizona grunted in response to Yuki. "No one." She held back a sigh.

Saffron joined them after a short delay.

"It's pretty enough." She said. She believed it. The island had a certain beauty to it in her opinion. That didn't mean much for any of them sadly. They were sticking together it seemed. Probably due to a lack of alternatives rather than any real allegiance to one another. Arizona had barely interacted with Saffron or Yuki during their time at George Hunter. She didn't know anything about either of them besides the basic facts. The kind of details you picked up in casual conversation. They were people brought up in stories or gossip. That was it.

Now she was relying on them to have her back. She didn't doubt that they did. That would have been uncharitable. There was a level of trust between them. Arizona felt like she owed Saffron something. Saffron had found her when she needed someone. She had offered help.

On the horizon was a large building. It looked to be a mansion of some kind. A quick look at her map confirmed that it was the manor house. The map also told her that a set of smaller "leadership houses" were somewhere to their right or south she supposed. Arizona wasn't sure about either option. Houses would provide an obvious, comfortable place to rest. But that was the key thing, they were obvious shelters. It wouldn't have surprised her if there were already groups in any of the buildings they checked. It meant more chances to find Jonah or her teammates though. That made it worth the risk.

She moved over to Yuki and Saffron to show them the map.

"Looks like we have these two options." She said, circling both choices with her finger.
Ryuki

Post by Ryuki »

“Thank goodness,” said Yuki, “I hope we can rest soon.”

The prospect of finding shelter was very appealing. A sense of relief washed over Yuki. She could finally get some sleep and replenish her energy. The large manor seemed like a bigger target for other students, so one of the surrounding houses seemed like a safer bet to rest in. Before she spoke, Yuki unzipped her duffel bag and took out of of the water bottles. She drank about a quarter of the bottle before putting it back in her bag.

“Maybe one of my sisters is there,” Yuki said, “and maybe some of your friends too.”

Yuki tried to remain optimistic. However, after a whole day of traveling through a jungle, and seeing no signs of either sister, she was beginning to grow more disheartened. Who knows how they’re doing or where their currently located. She couldn’t stop worrying over their well being.

As for anyone else, the best scenario was meeting some friendly faces. Maybe someone from book club, or writing club. They could be friends of Arizona or Saffron. Regardless, Yuki hoped no one would try and pull a gun on them.

“Let’s stop at one of the leadership houses,” Yuki said, looking at the map, “if it’s okay with either of you, I mean.”
[+] V7
Mains
Slam

Post by Slam »

((Lizzie Lebowski stumbled out of Rigor Samsa))

and through the woods, eventually finding her way into the overgrown gardens. She pulling out the leaves and twigs from her hair as she moved, in careless yanks that did little for her appearance. She was exhausted from the long hike, and exhausted from the earlier day. She kept her shears in her hand, as she had done since leaving the commissary, never once thinking long enough to consider turning it on her flora foes.

She kept thinking about the earlier events. Alex’s shoulder under her grip, the nervous pitter in his voice as she held a blade to his neck. Nia and Nick’s wary looks, not sure if they took her seriously or not. Their judgemental eyes, matched only by their judgemental gun.

Now was later. Now was time to repent. But she did not, because she could not stop her mind from racing long enough to properly process. Couldn’t stop herself from trying to piece together what was happening, how the situation had escalated to the point she had thought of taking a hostage to save her own skin, how she had actually gone through with it. All she had done so far was go around in mental circles. All she could do going forwards was push on to a destination that did not exist.

At some point she must have hit a turn in the path, because she looked to her left and saw the three other girls in the garden.

Why her shears shot in front of her, she could not say, but she made her point loud and clear.

“St-stay back! Don’t make me prune you!”
My V8 Relationship Thread!
[+] Dead V7 Kids
B035: LUCAS BRADY - Had Enough - 1 - 2 - 3- 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9
G002: ELISABETH "LIZZIE" LEBOWSKI - "You've been a great audience." - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7
[+] Pregame Shenanigans
Lucas Brady - Facebook!Lucas - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6
Elisabeth "Lizzie" Lebowski - "My parents told me to make a good signature, so I signed a note promising I would do it later." - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4
Aura

Post by Aura »

Yeah, that's what hey needed to do. Stay focused, and look for the people who were important to them. Any other good people would be a bonus, of course, but they all had their priorities. They collectively had Caroline right now, Yuki had her sisters, and Saffron had Katie. Most of Saffron's focus at the moment was on finding Katie, for obvious reasons, but she wasn't so laser-focused that she wouldn't be keeping an eye out for the others too. She just really, really wanted to know that Katie was okay.

Saffron leaned in to get a closer look at Arizona's map. Looked like either way, they'd be heading inside, which meant shade and shelter, both of which she would be in favor of. Also a good chance of running into people, which was both good and bad. Good, because that gave them a better shot of finding anyone they were looking for, and bad because, well, they had a better chance of finding people they would not want to come across.

She tapped the map where Arizona had pointed to the leadership houses. "I agree with Yuki. The houses are smaller, so it'll be easier to turn over all the stones once we're in one of them." Seemed like pretty good logic to her. Plus, she liked the feeling of a smaller, cozier place to crash for the moment.

And then someone jumped out and threatened them with a pair of shears, and Saffron could not explain how or why. She jumped back and held her pool cue horizontal in front of her, as though she expected it to be a useful means of defense. "What?" was the only reaction her mind came up with. It seemed fitting.
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

It was decided. They came to a collective agreement and there was no arguing. That was good. Arizona still held reservations about their choice. She was sure that once the sun went down people would head inside. Some of her classmates would make the decision to sleep rough or just end up doing so due to circumstance. But most of them were going to head for proper shelter. She kept those doubts to herself however and instead nodded in agreement.

"Sounds good."

She did agree with Saffron about the leadership houses being smaller. They had different reasonings though. For Saffron, it meant they'd be easier and quicker to search. For her, it meant that it would be easier to secure. Her brain was already shifting to take in their new situation. It had barely been a day but already she was considering things like that. That was the rest of their lives though, for however long they would be.

She wanted to see Jonah. Instead, she was going to be spending the night in some random house. She wondered where he was. He was probably doing alright. She hoped he was doing alright.

Before Arizona could spend more time dwelling on her situation, someone burst from the undergrowth. They looked ragged. Based on how they had appeared Arizona guessed she'd been running. It took her one look over the girl and her stupid clothes to realize it was Lizzie Lebowski. Someone she knew of but didn't know personally. Just like her companions really. Regardless, she was first caught off-guard by Lizzie's sudden appearance and then distracted by her attempt at a threat.

A threat was still a threat though.

Arizona had been slowly working her back to "normal" as they'd been walking. She had been struggling to shake the weird feeling that was lurking in her head. That all vanished as soon as Lizzie attempted to threaten. Everything in her vision sharpened and seemed to come back into focus. Her hearing became clearer and less muffled. She started to feel more like herself. All it took was the worst threat in the world.

"Lizzie if you try to prune me I am going to throw you back down that hill."
Ryuki

Post by Ryuki »

Just as they agreed upon a place to stop at, someone revealed themselves and started making threats. Yuki recognized the aggressor as Lizzie Lebowski, whom she had met before. She had interacted with Lizzie in the school auditorium, where she had witnessed her practicing her stand up comedy. Upon realization, Yuki threw up her hands in front of her, displaying her open palms, trying to look as non-threatening as possible.

“Lizzie,” Yuki said, “remember me? Yuki. We talked before, in the auditorium. Back at school? We don’t want to fight.”

Trying to appeal to the girl with shears may prove difficult, but fortunately Yuki and her two companions had the advantage in numbers. It appeared Lizzie came alone, so they probably wouldn’t have to worry about any surprise attacks.

However, Lizzie has a better weapon compared the rest of them. Yuki was starting to regret throwing away her “weapon”. It could have been used as an improvised shield. The only weapons at their disposal were a pool cue and a camp stove.

Yuki’s mind raced as she assessed the situation, trying to think of a way to resolve this situation without any bloodshed.

“Listen,” Yuki continued, “You don’t have to raise your weapon at us. We just want to find a place to rest.”
[+] V7
Mains
Slam

Post by Slam »

Lizzie eyed up the girls opposite her, shears still held pointedly in place. She looked between them, searching for names to put to faces as they spoke. Arizona, the basketball player. Yuki, one of the three clones, and Saffron, who – who…

Oh, oh god.

All the strength went out from under her, as she fell to her knees.

“Oh Christ, I’m sorry guys. I just – I couldn’t -”

She grabbed her face, not wanting them to see the tears, as her weapon fell harmlessly to the ground next to her.
[+] Dead V7 Kids
G002: ELISABETH "LIZZIE" LEBOWSKI - "You've been a great audience." - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7
[+] Pregame Shenanigans
Elisabeth "Lizzie" Lebowski - "My parents told me to make a good signature, so I signed a note promising I would do it later." - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4
Aura

Post by Aura »

On the brighter side of things, at least the threat seemed to disappear relatively quickly, and Lizzie lost her nerve as soon as the group responded to her. Likewise, Saffron lowered her pool cue and dropped the defensive posture. Now she just felt sad, really. Lizzie was obviously scared, and if any of them had been equipped with something more dangerous, or they had poor impulse control, then Lizzie might not even be standing there right now, all because of one hasty mistake. Saffron shuddered.

She remembered that Katie could be emotional sometimes too. What if she had done something similar? Saffron's mind was flooded with thoughts that she tried to push out just as quickly.

She was going to find Katie. They were getting off the island. Nothing else would happen. Nothing.

"Hey, listen." She reached out to Lizzie, returning to the situation at hand. "Did something happen? You don't seem like the type to do something like that."
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

The stand-off fizzled quickly. Lizzie broke down and it was over. If Arizona needed another reminder that they were a bunch of kids trapped in a situation they couldn't cope with there it was. Saffron was, again, the first of them to offer comfort and support. It was the third time she'd needed to step up and offer emotional support. Arizona didn't think it was fair but she didn't know what to say or do. Something must have happened to Lizzie. That was easy enough to figure out. It seemed their group was one of the lucky ones. They hadn't experienced much of anything for the duration of the day.

Instead, they had wandered, fruitlessly searching for those they had lost. Jonah was out there somewhere. She was sure he was doing alright. He was friendly, popular and most importantly level-headed. He wasn't the kind of person that was going to lose his cool. But she hadn't found him yet. She hadn't found anyone yet, they hadn't found anyone. Granted, they'd encountered Lizzie. But it felt more like Lizzie had found them. As much good as it had done her as she wept on the floor. Arizona's eyes followed the path of the shears as they were waved through the air. In the back of her mind, she realized she hadn't checked her weapon.

It was an oversight. One that could have been forgiven with her mental state being what it was. But it was a stupid thing to take for granted. An urge to check the contents of her bags again rose within her but Arizona tamped it down. If she suddenly started rooting through her bag Lizzie could have gotten spooked. That wouldn't have been good for anyone. Saffron was trying to calm Lizzie down. All the same, Arizona couldn't help wanting to say something about the last thing the girl had said. It didn't matter what anyone had been like. But she held her tongue. So in lieu of having anything better to do Arizona decided to try and help Saffron.

"It's...it's cool." She said. "What's, uh, what's wrong?"

That was the worst question ever.
Ryuki

Post by Ryuki »

Thank goodness. It seems the intensity of the situation has died down. Lizzie was crying, probably due to guilt over threatening to kill a trio of bystanders. Poor thing. It’s not her fault. This island is changing people. Making them do thing they’d never do in a normal environment. It was too dangerous to stay here. Yuki’s mind remained steeled on finding her sisters.

But first, Yuki decided to focus some of her attention towards Lizzie. She walked up to the weeping girl and offered her a hand alongside Saffron.

“It’s okay,” Yuki said, “I know you’re not a bad person. Don’t be afraid.”

Yuki gave a smile. It may have been a bit forced, but hopefully it’d help ease tension with Lizzie.
[+] V7
Mains
Slam

Post by Slam »

“Y-yeah, I’m a good person…”

She snorted up the tears that she could, returning the three’s mercy with a weak smile. She tried to regain her composure, pack those little feelings back into a little box in her heart and put on a happy grin, but all that sadness just refused to stay down and she kept on crying.

“Sorry, I was over by the – the buildings, and they were – Alex, and Nick and – And I don’t know her name but she was pointing a gun at me, and Nick had a knife, and I just freaked out and, and –“

Her sleeves gained a refreshing trail of tears and snot as she paused to wipe her face. On the plus side, that pause stopped her thinking just long enough to consider her next words carefully. A snotty second of serendipity.

She couldn’t exactly say ‘and then I took the blind kid hostage with my shears and almost stabbed him in the throat’, now could she? What kind of introduction would that be after they’d been all nice to her? Plus, she didn’t want Arizona to throw her down a hill. Slapstick wasn’t her deal.

Oh crap, an awkward pause. Say something, quick!

“And I managed to escape, but they were shooting at me and Nick tried to stab me, and it was really horrible!”

Smooth, Lizzie. Smooooth. Somehow lying made it easier to speak a straight sentence. Weird. But her sleeves would thank her.

“And I saw you guys just now, and I guess I just panicked. Sorry, I didn’t mean to spook you. Thanks for not suplexing me, Ari.”

A stronger smile. She was still weepy, but the flow of sadness trickled down enough to stop interrupting her every five seconds. It was good to have people to talk to.

“So, uh, what’s going on in your world?”
[+] Dead V7 Kids
[+] Pregame Shenanigans
Aura

Post by Aura »

"Yeah, it's all right. Everything's all right." Saffron added her voice to the choir of reassurances that Lizzie was receiving. It was far easier to be friends with the the nervous, jumpy new person than be her enemy. That was Saffron's strategy when dealing with most people, with a few definite exceptions, and it was ringing true here.

And on the topic of Lizzie... well, Saffron didn't really know what to make of her. She was having a hard time explaining what had happened, and she generally seemed incredibly flustered. The girl could definitely do with some time to meditate and clear her thoughts. But slowly, slowly but surely, she managed to get some details out. They were still frantic and fragmented, but they were still details.

"All right, it's all right. Just calm down." Saffron said sympathetically. "We aren't going to do any of that. Just calm down." She repeated the phrase to try to make it stick in Lizzie's head. It would be easier to get the full story and help her if she would settle down and stop speaking so erratically, although she didn't want to describe it like that for politeness' sake.

Return to “The Gardens”