park that car, drop that phone, sleep on the floor, dream about me

Day 13, one-shot

The manor house is the largest single building on the island and the only building that has a second floor. The outside of the house features elaborate carvings in the entryway, while the main hall contains a large metal chandelier formed of many interlocking spirals. The interior features extravagant rugs spread across the floor in every room. On the ground floor, there is a kitchen, a large dining room with a hand-carved table, each leg made to look like a rushing wave, and a living room featuring a large purple velvet sofa. The second floor is home to a large master bedroom, a smaller but no less elaborate guest room, a drawing room and a balcony that overlooks the entire island.
Maraoone

park that car, drop that phone, sleep on the floor, dream about me

Post by Maraoone »

((Diego Larrosa continues from Madness in the Method))

"Hey, uh.

"I.

"It's been a while.

"I didn't- I didn't really wanna do this, to be honest. I was hoping to save my explanation for when—

"...

"For if I get home. But, uh."

A shaky hand pointed towards a half-gauze face.

"Yeah."

Nervous laughter.

"I mean. I'll live. If anything kills me, it won't be this, I think. I hope. But, um. I got scared. I'm scared. Always have been, but especially now. Figure it's best not to leave things unsaid, just in case.

"God.

"Where do I start?

"Uh. I just.

"If you're still watching, then you've seen me do some awful shit. Like, some really fucking awful shit. And, I didn't. I didn't.

"Fuck.

"I wish I'd been better. I wish I'd told you guys sooner. I mean, I know it's hardly relevant now, what with everything I've done, but it mattered to me back then. It meant something to me back then. Still does.

"I feel like I wasted so many years. I feel like- I look at all my- I looked, I looked at all my classmates just getting to live their lives, and I didn't get to do that. And, now they're all dead, and I'm- I've almost died how many times? Five? Seven? And I didn't get to do any of that. I- I want to get to do that. I've wasted so many years, and I just, the feeling is that I want to grab all the years I have left, I want to reach for it and I want to get as many as I can, no matter how, no matter what.

"I wish I'd told you guys before. I wish I'd been braver.

"I- I want to say I didn't come here intending to do that, to do all that. And, I didn't. Not at first. But.

"God. If you're still watching, then you saw it. The- the, the throat thing. Chris. Her. And, as soon as I saw that, as soon as I saw that happen, the way she died, the way she went, I just, I knew I didn't want to go like that. I knew I didn't want to go.

"So, I, I think that was a lie, when I said I didn't come here intending to do that stuff. I just didn't know it yet. Cause, like, I miss you guys. I want to see you guys. I miss you. I just.

"I think I've imagined this speech a thousand times. Every time I looked at a camera. Cause, I knew I'd have to do it at some point. You can't do those things here and push it out of your mind. I'm good at that. I'm good at not thinking bad things until I can't. But, I can't do that forever. I knew. I knew I'd have to talk to you guys.

"I never stopped thinking about y'all.

"So.

"I'm going for it.

"I'm going for the win.

"There's only, what, a dozen of us left? Has to be around that much. It's- it's so quiet these days. Used to be, you'd hear gunshot after gunshot after gunshot. And sometimes you do. My arms are still shaky, it still feels like it's going off in my hands. But it's happening less and less. There's less and less people around. And, I'm close. I'm real, real close now.

"I spent so long being scared, I spent so long just playing safe, and now I have nothing to show for the rest of my life- for my life. Only you guys will remember me, if you want to- if you still feel like.

"Only you guys will remember me.

"I feel small.

"If you guys don't forgive me, that's.

"I can't say that's fine, no. But, it is. But, I'll understand. I'll understand. But there'll never be a chance to talk things out, there'll never be a chance to fix things, to atone, to make up for all the shit I've done if I don't make it out of here. Everything I've done, I've done because I want to make it out of here, because I want to live, because I want to see you guys again. If I don't make it out of here, it'll all be worthless.

"That's... that's not to say you guys are the cause of this. Not at all. I, I think that's the point of this, why I'm sitting here right now.

"I just.

"I just want you guys to know that none of this is your fault. Do not blame yourselves for any of this.

"I don't like what I've done. I don't like what I've become. I really, really, really don't. I wish I'd been different, I wish I'd been better. But, I really want you to know that I chose this. This is all on me. Everything I've done, every decision I've made, I- I chose this. I want y'all to understand that. None of this is on you.

"And, every decision I will make, everything I will do, is on me. My doing. Me.

"I feel like... I want to say more, but I feel like I'm going on in circles now.

"Yeah.

"I'll have all the time in the world to say what I need to when we meet again. Whether it's soon or not.

"Yeah.

"I love you, Mom, I love you, sis, and I miss you. I love you, I miss you.

"Until we meet again."

The boy looked up. Behind the camera, stretching beyond the island, was the ocean. It had always been there.

((He walked away from the ocean, from the camera, to the house on the horizon.))
[+] the youfs
[+] V7
V7:
Dead:
B083 - Diego Larrosa - Palayain mo na ako. - He didn't want this. say goodnight to the bad guy [10/159]
Current Theme Music: Devil Town (v1) - cavetown
Weapon: Tactical Combat Shovel
Previous Threads: Love & Money - before the day is done, my prince is gonna come - How Far I'll Go - Gimme, Gimme Shelter or I'm Gonna Fade Away - no one round here's good at keeping their eyes closed - Still Waiting - Hell is Other People - RICH_BOY_LIKES_IT_ROUGH.MP4 - I Don't Wanna Be Myself - The Bell Tolls For Our Funeral - The Gang Goes Out For Breakfast - Untrust Us - Crimewaves - Love itself is just as innocent as roses in May - Will All Be Forgiven? - black eyes looking up from below - Silent Key - it's ok we're just scared - life's alright in devil town - Beyond Human (Barely Human) - And Now Those Days Are Over and We Are All Ghosts - The Ultimate Test of Cerebral Fitness - Ang Pagbibinata ni Diego Larrosa - perverse verdict - Madness in the Method - park the car, drop that phone, sleep on the floor, dream about me
Memories: Hiya sa Timog

G013 - Yuka Hayashibara (adopted from Ryuki!) - Does it spark joy? - She fixed up her look in one of a kind [46/159]
Current Theme Music: Play With Me - DDLC OST
Weapon: Bug-A-Salt Camofly 2.0 Insect Eradication Gun
Previous Threads: Quintessential Thinking - I Pray to the Lord You Reveal what His Truth is - all of our heroes fading - now i can't stand to be alone - Incredible Adventures - there's a pale imitation burnt in my eyes - Red Of Tooth And Claw - The Fifth Announcement - Low Times - Party Like It's 1999 - Hell and You - We're All Excited, We Don't Know Why, Maybe It's 'Cause, We're Gonna Die - Ron Gets a Bath As Well, Whether He Wants To or Not - No Exit
Pregame: In Vino Veritas - Shake It Out
Memories: Hayashibara Heart to Heart
Prom: Fear and Delight
Trip: Room 832: Welcome to the Witching Hour

G052 - Joanne Coleman (adopted from Cicada!) - I've got a thick skin and an elastic heart. - She tried to do something in Sleep Is The Cousin Of Death [116/159]
Current Theme Music: When You Die - MGMT
Weapon: George Hunter High School mascot costume
Previous Threads: hold on to this lullaby - Don't Stray Off The Path - D.R.E.A.M. - I'm Not That Nice, I'm Mean and I'm Evil - we keep these promises, write it in a letter
Pregame: You did not break me. I'm still fighting for peace. - Desperate Times - Heavy is the Head That Wears the Crown - Do You Have The Time - i'm so 3008
Memories: I'm alright. I'm just fine. And you're a tool, so. - Make A New Cult Every Day

G075 - Aditi Sharma (adopted from Brackie! and somer!) - She failed in Yellow Light [88/159]
Weapon: Browning Hi Power 9mm
Previous Threads: Pandorama - Antisocial Darwinism - My Lucifer Is Lonely - They Couldn't Buy A Fucking Toaster. They're Broke, John.
[+] V6
V6 Characters:
G062 - Olivia Fischer prayed a thousand prayers in Ye Not [37/107]
Previous Threads: Sæglópur - Until all our yesterdays are lighted fools... - the way to dusty death - a concrete cave - I'd Say That I've Had Worse Days, but Then I'd Be Lying - Get Me Away From Here, I'm Dying - Until Then, You Are Free - Cast in the Name of God
Memories: Sometimes when we reach for the stars...
Weapon: Lobotomy pick.
[+] V5
Dead:
B045 - Juhan Levandi - An Estonian wanna-be journalist with a fear of the dark who wanted to bring them all down in Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien [18/152]
Weapon: Party Bag (contains a noisemaker, party hat, two single-serving bags of candy, and a Hotwheels car)
Pre-Game Threads: Wiping All Out - Quixotic
Previous V5 Threads: Despair - The Real Folk Blues - The two people in the distance were Paulo and Becca - Mischief Managed - Sleeper Cell - Tell No Tales - So, How Was Your Day? - And I'm Not Sleeping Now - Intermission - Glass - A Manic Depressive Named Laughing Boy
G067 - Carmina Maliksi - A Filipina car junkie with a /slight/ obsession with Korea and Japan who has finished things up (somewhat) in Red as Blood [139/152]
Weapon: Non-Functional Flamethrower (left in the Clubhouse)
Previous V5 Threads: Finding Center - Wish I Could Breathe - The Visionary
Memories: Offended?
B054 - Oscar Trig (adopted from Greg the Anti-Viking) - An artist who desperately needs a pencil, paper and a cigar and thought with his heart in Fumble [76/152]
Weapon: Binoculars
Pregame Threads: Taking it to the Streets
Previous V5 Threads: Waking Up at the Beginning of Time - Steadier Footing - Handoff
[+] misc
[+] meirl
new resting place for chatsig never forget 2018
give my v8 kids friends pls

Return to “The Manor House”