hold on to this lullaby

even when the music's gone. oneshot: 8:10 AM, Day 1

The upper wilderness is much like the lower wilderness. It is made up of a thick collection of tropical trees and borders a more developed aspect of the island, the rice paddies rather than the village in this instance. Some of the main differences are that the vegetation is much thicker, there are no paths, and the land begins to slope up the island. These features all combine to make the upper wilderness much more treacherous to navigate. The upper wilderness is also home to populations of monkeys, parrots and goats descended from those originally kept in the menagerie.

Thread Limit: 2
Maraoone

hold on to this lullaby

Post by Maraoone »

the big bang

Noise, brightness. And then color. Specks of color, specks of red on her red tank top turned crimson turned to rust. Specks spawned by the spectacle of the start of a killing spree, the opening shot in the next phase of a thirteen-year-long war that none of them asked for, none of them wanted to take part in. Specks of saltwater streaming their way down her cheeks, falling onto her shirt and mixing and mingling with the dried blood, sobs that were mere echoes of day-old screams sparked by a gun, the man with a gun and their vice principal, their vice principal had been extinguished mere feet from her, shot, eyes vacant, a slumping over, a dropping of the other shoe, a day that had been foretold and written in the stars but ignored and set aside for years, its arrival unexpected but inevitable, another cycle down the drain, another tragic twist, another downturn, followed by an awakening, a jolt upwards, sitting up and silently sobbing and shaking. Waking into this involuntary war, taken from all that she knew and loved and cherished and worshiped, taken from her life from her town from her school from her family from her mother and father and brothers and

oh god

they were watching. Her brothers were watching. This would be the last time they would ever see her. She knew it. Joanne Coleman knew that she would die.

They were watching.

She took a deep breath. Wiped the tears from her face. Had a look of steel in her eyes.

She turned towards the camera.

((G052 - JOANNE COLEMAN - START))

"Yo." Joanne Coleman tapped the camera at the base of the tree, her face taking up most of the view. "Eyes on me. Eyes on me."

Its lens turned towards her. She nodded. Oh yeah. That's it right there. That's what she was talking about.

Joanne Coleman sat, hunched over the camera, wide stance, gaze locked on the glass eye. Voice low, booming, all about that bass right there. Projection without shouting, voice resonant enough to reach all the way to the good old town of Chattanooga, Tennessee, no cam, no mic. Tanka and Roods knew what was up.

Or, hopefully they didn't know all of what was up. Not yet. Not now. But enough to know that it was time to listen. It was time to get down to business now, the real shit.

She cleared her throat, ran her hands through her beautiful, luscious locks. Not even a kidnapping would keep Miss Joanne from serving those lewks. Here she is, stranded on some random island in the middle of who-knows-where, serving up the very image of poise, confidence, charisma, uniqueness, nerve, talent on a silver platter, sprinkled with gold flakes. Stank in her eyes, that fierce smize that let everyone know who the real boss bitch, the real Queen Cleopatra was in this place. That look of capital-A Authority.

"T-man, Roodz, listen up. Now, for reasons that..." her voice, her breath caught in her throat. She couldn't tell them yet. They were so young, she couldn't- she shook her head, swallowed her panic. Continued, an octave higher, nice and perky. "For reasons that will become very clear very soon. Listen up. Dearest Platoon Leader, Tanka "T-man" Coleman, Esquire. And Rudo 'Roodz' Coleman, Rudest of Them All, 2018, I bequeath—" complete with hand flourishes towards the lens, affected pronunciation, aspirated consonants "—unto you all my video games."

Smiling wide now, flashing them platinum white grills right there. From ear to ear, wide enough to maybe say that everything would be alright, that everything's great, that everything's fine. Continue. "Yes, all of them. I leave unto you all the battles and challenges that I have been unable to finish. Now, you two are small, I know. But, but, look at yourselves! Y'all are built like tanks, livin' up to your namesakes right there. You're small, but also you're terrible. I'm sure the Mushroom Kingdom or Hyrule has NEVER seen the likes of you before."

Dramatic pause, showing off oration skills that would make Margaret Rebecca McAllister, the TRUE, the ONE AND ONLY First Lady she recognized, proud of her. Give the two (2) audience members time to absorb every word, because they'll need it.

It's all she could leave them with.

Smile wider. Continue.

"Now, I know you may be wondering, isn't this a bit much? How could I ever possibly finish it all? Well, hold up for a sec, little bros, gimme some time. What kind of big sis would I be if I just left you hanging like that?"

What kind of big sister leaves two seven-year-old boys in another unwanted war, by themselves, with nothing? Two angelic seven year-old boys, voices descended from the heavens above, left in a war not their own.

How long would it take Mom and Dad to start blaming each other for this?

Smize, bitch. Convince them your tears are just your eyes sparkling.

With a wag of her finger, a shake of her head, she continued. "Nuh-uh-uh, you won't be rid of me that easily. Before I go, I'll just leave you with a few tips. The rest you'll figure out, I'm sure of it. Both of y'all got big galaxy brains up—" jabbing an index finger toward her forehead "—here, I know it."

the opening shots of this war jabbing her ears

it was so close

"First—" her voice cracked, she cleared her throat, started over "—first of all, remember what I always tell you. We only 👏 stan 👏 Kirby 👏 in this household. If y'all wanna make it to the big leagues, the upper echelons of Smash, put all your love—" a gunshot, she didn't want to go "—and trust and faith in him." She paused, looked around. Put her bags around her shoulder, unwillingly. "And do as I say, not as I do. Those manuals there, they're there for a reason. Pick up a book, read, it'll do you guys some good. Don't just button smash unless you want to be R-E-K-T, you hear me?" She nodded to herself, smug smile plastered on. "I think I've been heard." She hoped she had.

"And Y'ALL, I can't believe we've left, like, half the songs on Just Dance unplayed, Jesus. How can we take over Motown, Universal, WMG like that? Shit. Try some of those songs out, it won't—" another gunshot, she didn't want to go "—hurt, you know? Put some respect on Biebs and his empire, pay him proper tributes, et cetera...." and another gunshot. She had to go. Wrap it up, make Missus McAllister proud, make America proud. Make her boys proud.

Sharp inhale. She ran her fingers through her hair again. "I want y'all to know that—" she caught her breath, tried to swallow her fear "—your big sis ain't... she ain't gonna be around to watch over you anymore. Things are gonna be different from here on out."

Her eyes felt wet. Nothing to be done. She couldn't stop it. She couldn't stop any of this, no matter how badly she wanted to.

"Just know that it is neither of y'alls' fault, it is not yours, nor Mom's, nor Dad's, nor mine... some bad guys took me away, and- and there's nothing that can be done about it." A sob burst out. She wiped her eyes. Continued.

"Know that I'll always be around to watch over y'all, even if I'm not there physically. No matter what you do, I'll support your endeavors, I'll support y'all becoming football players or cooks or scientists, I will always be there. Watch out for each other, take care of each other." Because I can't hide you from this war anymore. "I love y'all. Bye."

The camera tracked Joanne as she picked up her bags, turned her tear-swept face away from the camera, and ran, far into the horizon.

((Joanne Coleman continues in Don't Stray Off The Path))
[+] the youfs
[+] V7
V7:
Dead:
B083 - Diego Larrosa - Palayain mo na ako. - He didn't want this. say goodnight to the bad guy [10/159]
Current Theme Music: Devil Town (v1) - cavetown
Weapon: Tactical Combat Shovel
Previous Threads: Love & Money - before the day is done, my prince is gonna come - How Far I'll Go - Gimme, Gimme Shelter or I'm Gonna Fade Away - no one round here's good at keeping their eyes closed - Still Waiting - Hell is Other People - RICH_BOY_LIKES_IT_ROUGH.MP4 - I Don't Wanna Be Myself - The Bell Tolls For Our Funeral - The Gang Goes Out For Breakfast - Untrust Us - Crimewaves - Love itself is just as innocent as roses in May - Will All Be Forgiven? - black eyes looking up from below - Silent Key - it's ok we're just scared - life's alright in devil town - Beyond Human (Barely Human) - And Now Those Days Are Over and We Are All Ghosts - The Ultimate Test of Cerebral Fitness - Ang Pagbibinata ni Diego Larrosa - perverse verdict - Madness in the Method - park the car, drop that phone, sleep on the floor, dream about me
Memories: Hiya sa Timog

G013 - Yuka Hayashibara (adopted from Ryuki!) - Does it spark joy? - She fixed up her look in one of a kind [46/159]
Current Theme Music: Play With Me - DDLC OST
Weapon: Bug-A-Salt Camofly 2.0 Insect Eradication Gun
Previous Threads: Quintessential Thinking - I Pray to the Lord You Reveal what His Truth is - all of our heroes fading - now i can't stand to be alone - Incredible Adventures - there's a pale imitation burnt in my eyes - Red Of Tooth And Claw - The Fifth Announcement - Low Times - Party Like It's 1999 - Hell and You - We're All Excited, We Don't Know Why, Maybe It's 'Cause, We're Gonna Die - Ron Gets a Bath As Well, Whether He Wants To or Not - No Exit
Pregame: In Vino Veritas - Shake It Out
Memories: Hayashibara Heart to Heart
Prom: Fear and Delight
Trip: Room 832: Welcome to the Witching Hour

G052 - Joanne Coleman (adopted from Cicada!) - I've got a thick skin and an elastic heart. - She tried to do something in Sleep Is The Cousin Of Death [116/159]
Current Theme Music: When You Die - MGMT
Weapon: George Hunter High School mascot costume
Previous Threads: hold on to this lullaby - Don't Stray Off The Path - D.R.E.A.M. - I'm Not That Nice, I'm Mean and I'm Evil - we keep these promises, write it in a letter
Pregame: You did not break me. I'm still fighting for peace. - Desperate Times - Heavy is the Head That Wears the Crown - Do You Have The Time - i'm so 3008
Memories: I'm alright. I'm just fine. And you're a tool, so. - Make A New Cult Every Day

G075 - Aditi Sharma (adopted from Brackie! and somer!) - She failed in Yellow Light [88/159]
Weapon: Browning Hi Power 9mm
Previous Threads: Pandorama - Antisocial Darwinism - My Lucifer Is Lonely - They Couldn't Buy A Fucking Toaster. They're Broke, John.
[+] V6
V6 Characters:
G062 - Olivia Fischer prayed a thousand prayers in Ye Not [37/107]
Previous Threads: Sæglópur - Until all our yesterdays are lighted fools... - the way to dusty death - a concrete cave - I'd Say That I've Had Worse Days, but Then I'd Be Lying - Get Me Away From Here, I'm Dying - Until Then, You Are Free - Cast in the Name of God
Memories: Sometimes when we reach for the stars...
Weapon: Lobotomy pick.
[+] V5
Dead:
B045 - Juhan Levandi - An Estonian wanna-be journalist with a fear of the dark who wanted to bring them all down in Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien [18/152]
Weapon: Party Bag (contains a noisemaker, party hat, two single-serving bags of candy, and a Hotwheels car)
Pre-Game Threads: Wiping All Out - Quixotic
Previous V5 Threads: Despair - The Real Folk Blues - The two people in the distance were Paulo and Becca - Mischief Managed - Sleeper Cell - Tell No Tales - So, How Was Your Day? - And I'm Not Sleeping Now - Intermission - Glass - A Manic Depressive Named Laughing Boy
G067 - Carmina Maliksi - A Filipina car junkie with a /slight/ obsession with Korea and Japan who has finished things up (somewhat) in Red as Blood [139/152]
Weapon: Non-Functional Flamethrower (left in the Clubhouse)
Previous V5 Threads: Finding Center - Wish I Could Breathe - The Visionary
Memories: Offended?
B054 - Oscar Trig (adopted from Greg the Anti-Viking) - An artist who desperately needs a pencil, paper and a cigar and thought with his heart in Fumble [76/152]
Weapon: Binoculars
Pregame Threads: Taking it to the Streets
Previous V5 Threads: Waking Up at the Beginning of Time - Steadier Footing - Handoff
[+] misc
[+] meirl
new resting place for chatsig never forget 2018
give my v8 kids friends pls

Return to “Upper Wilderness”