Party Like It's 1999

Roxiedeath (pm for entry)

The bay is where boats would have come in to dock when they arrived at the island. The first thing they would have seen is a large ‘Welcome’ sign painted in rainbow colours. There is a thin strip of seaweed-covered sand running the length of the bay that acts as as the ‘beach’ area, although it was rarely used when compared to the larger beach on the island.
KamiKaze

Party Like It's 1999

Post by KamiKaze »

((Roxanne Borowski continued from Made My Decision to Test My Limits))
((Edited in light of ooc discussion))
You know something? You can remember stuff at the funniest of times.

One of Roxie's videos was about decomposition. It was actually multiple makeup looks. First was "freshly dead". Your skin starts to cool, your muscles stiffen, your blood pools, your skin blisters. Then, you bloat. The gas builds up, you start to discolor. Afterwards, the scavengers find you. You get eaten by bugs and scavengers, and your fluids leak into the soil. Your skin goes from pale, to green, to purple, to black over time as you pass through the stages. Your teeth and nails fall out, your skin becomes leathery. And by the end, all that's left is a skeleton.

It was fascinating, so of course she had to do a series of makeup looks about it. It got her into some trouble with YouTube of course, meaning she had to be careful in the future. But she had been so proud of how the set turned out. She tried to aim for last New Years in getting the video out, but there were some delays in getting materials.

Roxie had been kind of inspired by this one type of Japanese art she'd heard about. "The Nine Stages", or kusozu, from what she remembered. It was a set featuring a beautiful noblewoman dying, then her corpse going through the fresh stage, bloat, blood leaking, skin slippage, scavenging, the works.

In a way, SOTF was like the kusozu of the 2018 George Hunter class. Slowly fading, rotting. And Roxie could appreciate that. Not a happy appreciation, but an acknowledgement.

It was a weird thing to think about while you're staring out onto the bay, your breath in time with the waves while you sit on a rock. It was peaceful. Some time had passed. A few minutes, maybe? She wondered if Katrina would sing again. She wondered when the other two were coming back.

"Where should we go tomorrow?" she asked Katrina.

Maybe they could get some more urban exploration in? Let's hope.

"Maybe a place with a bed? Also, Willow calls you Taylor Swift. Dunno why."
Melusine

Post by Melusine »

"I call dibs on your leg."
Melusine

Post by Melusine »

((Willow has joined the thread)

Willow's stare lingered on Sierra for about one more second than usual. Her finger was on the trigger. She kinda wanted to put a hole in her head for what she had done earlier. But instead, she smiled.

She turned back toward the ocean.

"Yeah."

Willow stretched her arms into the air, her needle gun feeling surprisingly heavy in her hand. She cracked her neck and slumped against a rock. She wondered if the tide would swallow them during the night. It would be a quiet death. Unlikely on this island, perhaps it was a privilege Willow didn't know that she wanted.

She broke the silence again.

"You weren't my first," she smiled without any teeth, "but I think it's kinda hot that you're my last so."

She bend forward smiling.

"Guess I'm a real winner here."
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

((Katrina Lavell continued from Made My Decision to Test My Limits))

"Taylor Swift?"

Katrina was a bit thrown by that comment. She wasn't even trying to look like Taylor Swift. Swift didn't even have much of an imitable style for Katrina to go through, unless Katrina wanted to cut her hair to shoulder length and get bangs. Or did Swift have a monopoly on jean jackets and t-shirts that she never realized? It was hard for her to say, considering there was no internet or fashion magazines to check.

Katrina then remembered that she was asked a serious question and had to respond. Having a few hours to sit on the beach singing La Mer to herself was nice, but they needed to move somewhere before it got dark.

"I mean, we could try the village," she began, "but who knows how many people are going there and how many bodies are there now?"

Katrina shrugged.

"I guess we could risk it."
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

(("You're Taylor Swift because you're a raggedy-ass slut."))

The ((girl)) in the eggshell robe with the short shirt and loooooong chain whip wrapped in her hands slowly walked out from behind the conveniently placed rock formation near Roxie and Katrina.

Oh right, manners. "What's good, Queens?" she asked, specifically to Roxie because like... Katrina ain't a queen. Lmao. But still.

She planted her feet a good distance still from the two of them, and just stood there caressing the whip as she continued to speak.

"We've been lookin' all over for you, Katrina. Or rather, my very special guest's been."

She looked behind the convenient rock formation and motioned with her eyebrows and a head tilt for her guest to come on out.

"Sorry, they're a little shy. But they've been looking forward to meeting you for a long, long, long time."
TheLordOfAwesome

Post by TheLordOfAwesome »

((Sierra Cook continued from Made My Decision to Test My Limits))

"Well... That was interesting."

Sierra leaned up against the rock with her rifle leaned up next to her, redoing her hair into a ponytail after it came undone during her and Willow's little session. She hadn't expected this sort of thing to happen while stuck in this place, but after it was all said in done? It was nice. For a brief few moments it allowed her to keep her mind off the present situation and enjoy the sensual embrace of another body.

The choice of venue could have been better, but beggars can't be choosers when it came to a situation like this.

"Face it, sweetie, you hit the jackpot," Sierra chuckled, finishing tying up her ponytail. "And I've got no complaints about you being my last either."

Sierra leaned in and gave Willow a kiss on the cheek before rearing back. She looked off towards the sea while picking up her rifle.

"So..." she paused, thinking on her next words. "What happens now?"

Vague, but that was deliberate on her part. It was left up to interpretation, to gauge how Willow would respond. She was curious if this was intended to be a one time thing or, more optimistically, more longer term. Well, as long term as how much time either of them have at this point.
Maraoone

Post by Maraoone »

The salty, heavy air felt alien on the girl's tongue. She hadn't actually been to a beach for years now. Thus far on the island, she'd spent eternities travelling between the village and the woods, and the idea that this place was a physical island had just been an idea up to now. The last time she'd been was with her family, her sisters, on a vacation down to Florida back in middle school. That wouldn't happen anymore.

She'd heard a French song in the distance, while the three, she, Teresa, Mickey, made their way across the island. Katrina's voice had been pleasant to her ears, once. She had sent a few compliments her way, a few likes on her Youtube channel, and now she regretted every single one of those actions. The sight of Katrina sitting on a rock on the beach, having a concert for none, was tranquil and calming, and there was, once more, the thought that her sisters would never get to experience something like that. They would never get to feel a peace like that again. Everything, once more, colored by her sisters. And she wanted to be rid of it.

The girl shakily stood up from behind the rock, followed Teresa. Tucked between her back and the hem of her skirt was a borrowed knife, sheen dulled by days-old blood. Her right arm hung by her side, ready.

She had imagined this situation well over a thousand times by now, but the words that came as a prelude differed every time. Nothing she said ever fully captured everything she wanted to express, nothing she said ever was enough, so she said nothing at all, when the time came. Her presence would say enough for her. The brown stains on her white shirt would say enough for her.

Explain yourself, she asked silently.

((Yuka Hayashibara continues from Low Times))
[+] the youfs
[+] V7
V7:
Dead:
B083 - Diego Larrosa - Palayain mo na ako. - He didn't want this. say goodnight to the bad guy [10/159]
Current Theme Music: Devil Town (v1) - cavetown
Weapon: Tactical Combat Shovel
Previous Threads: Love & Money - before the day is done, my prince is gonna come - How Far I'll Go - Gimme, Gimme Shelter or I'm Gonna Fade Away - no one round here's good at keeping their eyes closed - Still Waiting - Hell is Other People - RICH_BOY_LIKES_IT_ROUGH.MP4 - I Don't Wanna Be Myself - The Bell Tolls For Our Funeral - The Gang Goes Out For Breakfast - Untrust Us - Crimewaves - Love itself is just as innocent as roses in May - Will All Be Forgiven? - black eyes looking up from below - Silent Key - it's ok we're just scared - life's alright in devil town - Beyond Human (Barely Human) - And Now Those Days Are Over and We Are All Ghosts - The Ultimate Test of Cerebral Fitness - Ang Pagbibinata ni Diego Larrosa - perverse verdict - Madness in the Method - park the car, drop that phone, sleep on the floor, dream about me
Memories: Hiya sa Timog

G013 - Yuka Hayashibara (adopted from Ryuki!) - Does it spark joy? - She fixed up her look in one of a kind [46/159]
Current Theme Music: Play With Me - DDLC OST
Weapon: Bug-A-Salt Camofly 2.0 Insect Eradication Gun
Previous Threads: Quintessential Thinking - I Pray to the Lord You Reveal what His Truth is - all of our heroes fading - now i can't stand to be alone - Incredible Adventures - there's a pale imitation burnt in my eyes - Red Of Tooth And Claw - The Fifth Announcement - Low Times - Party Like It's 1999 - Hell and You - We're All Excited, We Don't Know Why, Maybe It's 'Cause, We're Gonna Die - Ron Gets a Bath As Well, Whether He Wants To or Not - No Exit
Pregame: In Vino Veritas - Shake It Out
Memories: Hayashibara Heart to Heart
Prom: Fear and Delight
Trip: Room 832: Welcome to the Witching Hour

G052 - Joanne Coleman (adopted from Cicada!) - I've got a thick skin and an elastic heart. - She tried to do something in Sleep Is The Cousin Of Death [116/159]
Current Theme Music: When You Die - MGMT
Weapon: George Hunter High School mascot costume
Previous Threads: hold on to this lullaby - Don't Stray Off The Path - D.R.E.A.M. - I'm Not That Nice, I'm Mean and I'm Evil - we keep these promises, write it in a letter
Pregame: You did not break me. I'm still fighting for peace. - Desperate Times - Heavy is the Head That Wears the Crown - Do You Have The Time - i'm so 3008
Memories: I'm alright. I'm just fine. And you're a tool, so. - Make A New Cult Every Day

G075 - Aditi Sharma (adopted from Brackie! and somer!) - She failed in Yellow Light [88/159]
Weapon: Browning Hi Power 9mm
Previous Threads: Pandorama - Antisocial Darwinism - My Lucifer Is Lonely - They Couldn't Buy A Fucking Toaster. They're Broke, John.
[+] V6
V6 Characters:
G062 - Olivia Fischer prayed a thousand prayers in Ye Not [37/107]
Previous Threads: Sæglópur - Until all our yesterdays are lighted fools... - the way to dusty death - a concrete cave - I'd Say That I've Had Worse Days, but Then I'd Be Lying - Get Me Away From Here, I'm Dying - Until Then, You Are Free - Cast in the Name of God
Memories: Sometimes when we reach for the stars...
Weapon: Lobotomy pick.
[+] V5
Dead:
B045 - Juhan Levandi - An Estonian wanna-be journalist with a fear of the dark who wanted to bring them all down in Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien [18/152]
Weapon: Party Bag (contains a noisemaker, party hat, two single-serving bags of candy, and a Hotwheels car)
Pre-Game Threads: Wiping All Out - Quixotic
Previous V5 Threads: Despair - The Real Folk Blues - The two people in the distance were Paulo and Becca - Mischief Managed - Sleeper Cell - Tell No Tales - So, How Was Your Day? - And I'm Not Sleeping Now - Intermission - Glass - A Manic Depressive Named Laughing Boy
G067 - Carmina Maliksi - A Filipina car junkie with a /slight/ obsession with Korea and Japan who has finished things up (somewhat) in Red as Blood [139/152]
Weapon: Non-Functional Flamethrower (left in the Clubhouse)
Previous V5 Threads: Finding Center - Wish I Could Breathe - The Visionary
Memories: Offended?
B054 - Oscar Trig (adopted from Greg the Anti-Viking) - An artist who desperately needs a pencil, paper and a cigar and thought with his heart in Fumble [76/152]
Weapon: Binoculars
Pregame Threads: Taking it to the Streets
Previous V5 Threads: Waking Up at the Beginning of Time - Steadier Footing - Handoff
[+] misc
[+] meirl
new resting place for chatsig never forget 2018
give my v8 kids friends pls
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

"Huh? My leg? I mean, not complaining, as long as it's treated with care."

At first, Roxie thought that the voice meant Sierra and Willow had come back, but realized half a second later that it certainly didn't sound like it.

She turned her head, only to see Teresa with a chain thing-

Oh no.

Roxie shot straight up, her muscles tensing. Teresa said that she and a "very special guest" had been looking for Katrina, and right on cue, as if this were some kind of reveal shot, she came into view.

"Yuka," Roxie choked out.

It took only a beat to realize what might happen. The weapons, the fact that they'd been looking for Katrina, the tone. Things needed to de-escalate, and fast.

Deep breath, keep yourself from going rigid, stay calm.

"Hey, Yuka, Teresa. We could explain, if you want. Uh… want to sit down?"

Keep your voice strong and confident, as best you can.

Teresa had killed before. That was true. She wanted to give her the benefit of a doubt, the same she gave Katrina, the same she gave Marco. But be careful.
Melusine

Post by Melusine »

It wasn't love.

Willow didn't know exactly what it was. It was lust, for sure. Though, it wasn't love. She wasn't in love. She never was and would never be, it was a predestined fate that had been written somewhere far and distant.

Even if this wasn't love, it still felt right. She pressed her finger against the crook of her neck, wondering if Sierra had the same thought process. Probably not, Sierra was way more straightfoward: she found Willow hot so she fucked her. Willow's needs and desires were similar, but in a more passive way.

"I don't know." She knew, though. She knew exactly what she wanted. Finger on the trigger, she reminded herself what she could Sierra right now.

"Just enjoy whatever time we have left," she bit her lip. "It's going to be hard because, well, this situation is shit."

The ocean looked pretty at least. The temperature was finally comfortable even if she was still a mess of sweat and dirt. It was nice that didn't bother Sierra as much as it bothered Willow. She wondered if her parents watched her have sex. Her real dad put her on the pill after learning she had sex with a guy in the hospital so they were fine with the idea of her fucking people, but seeing her in action?

Probably not.

She actually hoped her parents were watching. Her real parents and even the man who called her 'daughter' even if she didn't call him 'father'. There was some perverse pleasure to be earned in knowing that she was doing what she wants when she wanted, and there wasn't anything they could do to either stop or to warn her. It made her feel good to be in control.

"You think they heard?"
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

((Michael Froese heard.))

Ostensibly, he was scouting ahead. It was what he'd told Teresa and Yuka he was up to.

Ostensibly.

Really, he was sneaking off for a camera monologue, and, well, a few seconds after he'd finished talking, he heard something. He wasn't really sure what it was or how to describe it, but he sure knew it was a something. He scuttled through the underbrush, towards the source of the something, and as he peered out from the bushes, he saw them there, in front of a large, conveniently-placed rock formation.

Two people. They were... wrestling? He was pretty sure they were wrestling. They were probably wrestling.

His brow furrowed, and he squinted his eyes. He was curious about the identities of the people he was watching murder one another. He could kinda make out a tramp stamp on one of them, which meant -

Sierra Cook.

- it meant he was cheering for the other person to win.

Suddenly, his brain processed the reason the tramp stamp was visible.

Okay, so... they were Greco-Roman wrestling. Like that was kinda a weird thing to do — especially in a place like this, but whatever, if y'all want to do naked wrestling before you die, y'know, like, YOLO, or whatever, and -

All of a sudden, his cheeks flushed bright red and he recoiled away, deeper into the underbrush.

"oh what the fuck they're not wrestling i thought they were wrestling oh my god oh no," he whispered to nobody in particular. Carefully, he turned away from the LEWD FOLKS. "If these sunglasses had had prescription lenses, I'm pretty sure I'd be gouging out my own eyes with my thumbs or something"

Still, like, if he had to take a guess, he was pretty sure it was the lewdest thing he'd ever seen.

...Something in him was seething.

Sierra "I'm not, like, a rebound or something, am I?" Cook was doing the very fucking thing she'd accused Beryl of, and y'know what, that was really pissing Michael the fuck off.

His ears pricked up as he heard a voice in the distance, presumably on the other side of the rock formation.

It was a voice he recognized from choir.

"Oh, I got a fun idea."

It was a petty idea. He was allowed to be petty now. Plus, anyways, it'd help Yuka avenge her sister or whatever, so like... he was technically helping someone!

He scampered back to Yuka and Teresa.

____

"Honestly, I'm betting on anyone here except Katrina dying. I wouldn't trust Teresa with a chainwhip," he muttered to the viewer.

Ostensibly, he was supposed to be a lookout. Technically, he was a lookout, he supposed.

He watched the confrontation from afar, lying prone on his stomach, hidden in the abundant conveniently-placed foliage. He held his pistol, pointed straight at the corner he predicted Sierra would be walking around when she inevitable noticed the conflict and came to investigate.

On a straight line between point A (Mikey) and point C (Sierra's predicted location), the Kerfuffle would be point B; smack dab in the middle.

He'd fire the second he saw her, he promised to himself.

Catharsis, sort of. When he was going to fire, it wouldn't be with the intent to actually hit her or anyone else.

It was just, when he fired, he also wouldn't intend not to hit anyone.
[+] v7
[+] Michael Froese
Michael Froese - The story of an identity; the story of a matador; the story of a liar; the story of a junkie; the story of a very special frog; the story of a jackal; the story of an oscillator; the story of a ghost; the story of the death of an author; the story of a bunch of other stuff.

THREADS!

PREGAME: Mad world - This...this felt nice. - Michael was incredibly disappointed in himself for actually agreeing to go do something with Beryl. - He wasn't actually all that sorry. - Part of him was worried his real motivation wasn't self-torturing altruism but instead the fact that it was one of the few things that still made him feel.

ISLAND:
Michael and all of his friends were going to be footnotes in a history textbook. - he was folding in on himself like a four-dimensional object in three-dimensional space - Everything was about pain, fear, and love. - "Gave them our reactions, our explosions, all that was ours; For graphs of passion, and charts of stars." - He had a duty to look into someone's eyes as he killed them. - Closure really did sound like nothing at all. - "I wish we were lovers, but it's for the best." - Michael Froese the award-winning murderer. That was who he was now. - "I wanted to lose myself." - "Good and bad, all roads lead to Rome and I just, it hurts too much to be a good person." - "Somewhere out there in the deep blue sea, there's this whale." - "...It's harder to be yourself than it is to be anybody else." - "The neighbors, they adored him for his humor and his conversation. Look underneath the house there, find the few living things, rotting fast in their sleep; oh, the dead," - He gave her a big hug. He buried his head in her shoulder, feeling her cold, spongy, rubbery skin against his forehead. She had no eyes. She had no face. Something had eaten her face. - Michael Froese was a crazy person with a gun. - Validation. - "You don't live in a goddamned movie." - "I miss what it's like to be, like, actually alone." - "Market data inconsistent. Cantor API problem. Trading system offline," - Michael didn't want this. It wasn't like that'd stop him. - "I'm wide awake, it's morning." - He was a spree killer now, he supposed. - When he gave his word, he was giving nothing. - The fact they even existed was being politicized. - "BERYL FUCKING MAHELONA. TELL ME WHAT YOU DID TO BERYL MAHELONA," - 'Am I gray?' - A beach covered in unidentified decedents. - He'd never felt anything unconditionally. - "Look around you, you're surrounded.
It won't get any better. And so, goodnight."
[+] Valerija Bogdanovic
The story of a (failed) revolutionary.

THREADS!

PREGAME: August 12th, 2017 - The explosive sound of metal hitting metal

ISLAND:
She turned away. Everything from here on out was for the terrorists to see. - "All of us, we have the chance to actually do something with our lives." - The students were the shark in the box. - Complacency was festering like a tumour. - "She's right. It won't - it won't change anything," - Scraped into the wall, in neatly-styled lettering, the words "If they won't live in peace, then they'll die for peace." - Val needed a gun, - "I do not care for violence without a point," she stated. "My gun is not loaded." - "Juliette, I'm sure you already know this, but you really should take pains to be careful around people who speak only in enthymemes." - "Someone once said, 'Change must come with the barrel of a gun', and they were not wrong." - Two explosions.
destroy the UN08/03/2019
Micheal experienced super position wherein he was both Beryl and he was Beryl's RP site quote. He was sure he could be happy about this but he no longer knew what happiness meant.
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

There wasn't any more time to talk about where to go next. A voice called out to Katrina and Roxie, and Katrina turned around to see Teresa Rojas in the distance. She clutched the nodachi. Sierra and Willow still weren't back, so Katrina was the only one who could protect Roxie if Teresa turned violent. Katrina knew she had to be the strong one and prove she could do right by others.

But it was when Teresa mentioned her companion had been looking for her that Katrina froze. Out came Yuka Hayashibara. The last of Yuko's siblings. After nearly an entire week, Katrina had finally found one of the people she needed to answer to.

Katrina quickly stood up and faced Yuka and Teresa, keeping the nodachi low and by her side. Yuka wasn't saying anything, but Katrina could see she wanted an explanation.

Roxie tried to be a mediator, and Katrina nodded along.

"Yeah. I'm sure you want to know what happened," Katrina began, glancing over to Yuka. "I know you're mad at me and probably hate me, but you deserve to know what happened."

Katrina sighed in and out.

"So, can I tell you what happened with Yuko?"
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

"Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm," the WHIPPER-SNAPPER drawled out, one hand on her chin as she paced back and forth in the sand. "Maybe."

She stopped and rested the hand on Yuka's shoulder. "I do think, like.... ya kinda owe Yuka here an explanation considering, like... ya know, you straight up killed her sis day one, right out the gate. Kinda cold of ya if you ask me, nom sayin'? But that's just me."

Pat. Pat. She flashed a glance at the suspicious shrubbery a ways away. Mikey better follow through with this shit.

"So like, yeah. Start. Feel free to chip in as well, Roxie, if you're deep in this shit, too."
Maraoone

Post by Maraoone »

Yuka took a few steps forward, chest tightening with each movement, eyes staying locked on Katrina's.

"I'll stay standing, if that's fine with you." These words came out little by little, measured, with a neutral expression. Any inflection risked her spiraling out of control, deviating from what had been planned. Stay calm.

Roxie was a friend, and Yuka hadn't really expected or accounted for her presence. She had forgotten that she was on the island too, even though they'd been roommates on the trip. She had forgotten about most of her friends, after the first announcement. Roxie stood side by side with Katrina, and Yuka could have hated her for that, but she chose not to for now, because they were friends. She could give her the benefit of the doubt for the moment, or at least pretend to.

She nodded along as Teresa spoke, maintained eye contact with Katrina. She had imagined some versions of this situation as going a lot quicker. More panic, pleas for mercy. But she could wait, for now.

"I do hate you, yeah. But speak."
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Katrina tried to not let Yuka saying she hated her phase her. Yuka had the right to hate her, and she had the right to say so to her face. She wasn't an internet troll or someone passing by her in school. Her vitriol was justified. Katrina just had to explain what happened back on the first day, and make sure all her words were carefully chosen.

Maybe it was good she had to explain herself throughout the week to practice.

"Alright. Well, I met Yuko when I woke up, and the two of us and Demetri found Charelle and Felix. The five of us were hiding in a house when Tyrell came in. Tyrell had just killed that other girl and was threatening us. I accidentally hurt him, and he began attacking us. I ran into the backroom to escape the house, but I thought Tyrell was coming after me, so I attacked who was running in behind me."

Katrina paused for a moment.

"I really thought it was him. He was yelling and said he was after me, so I thought he was going to kill me after he killed Felix. But it wasn't him who was running into the room. It was your sister."

Katrina tightened her grip on the nodachi, while her other hand dug her nails into her palm. She could barely keep eye contact with Yuka now.

"If anything, I think she died quickly. I still thought Tyrell was coming and ran out before she died. I know it was cowardly of me, and I know you may never forgive me, but it truly was an accident, and I'm going to regret it for the rest of my life. Yuka, I'm so sorry."

Katrina exhaled, then tried to reconnect her gaze to Yuka's.

"But I went back with Willow and Sierra. We covered her body and paid tribute to her. When they come back, they can verify that."

Katrina took a step towards Yuka, maintaining eye contact with her.

"I can take you to her if you'd like. Once Willow and Sierra come back, we can all go to the village together."
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

"I wasn't directly involved in what happened," Roxie said, shifting a little in the sand. "I only heard about it after the fact, and Katrina and Willow and Sierra explained when I asked."

It did look bad, she realized, her hanging around Katrina for so long despite knowing she killed a friend's sister, even if on accident. She wouldn't blame Yuka if they drove a wedge between them.

"I believed her, honestly, because the other two backed up her story. But, Yuko is still gone."

Like Kayla. Like many other people on this island.

Deep breath.

"I absolutely understand what you must be feeling. But if you want to go see her, I'll be happy to go with, just for support."

Return to “The Bay”