Rise Great Undead Lord Dread

Open

The spot with the best freely accessible view of the island, Nature's Lookout was mainly used for contemplative purposes. There are a collection of handmade benches here to provide seating for those that desire it. One notable addition to the cliff face at Nature's Lookout is the wooden platform that extends out over the cliff that people could walk out onto to feel closer to nature and commit items to the earth below.
CondorTalon

Post by CondorTalon »

Dane frowned. He'd thought, at the very least, that the three girls in front of him were on the same page about things, but it turned out that that wasn't quite the case.

A group wasn't strong if there was any discord within it. Though... Dane had to concede that in that case, there was no such thing as a strong group, was there? Especially not here.

But still... he could still use, if not abuse, the safety that other people provided. These people seemed to leave well enough alone, at least, that he probably didn't have to worry about one of them trying to kill him or rob him or anything.

And... well, who knows? If one of them did, maybe he could use that slight disharmony to help him get them back.

But to the point...

"If you're going down there to search for your bags, how about you do that sooner rather than later?" he asked. As he did, he realized that his tone may have been a bit too blunt, but if they let that dissuade them from let him come along, then he didn't really want to, did he?

Oh, right, he'd never actually declared that he was going to join them, did he?

"Of course, I'm coming with you."

There, that should do it.
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

Forrest was going to say something in response to Katie, something chipper and actiony. Something that cool and kept the fact she was a living mess under wraps. But before that imaginary phrase could pass her lips Dane butted in with a very polite reminder of her goal.

Her arms shot up into the hands up pose, as she reeled back from him. "Fine dad, geez."

Turning, she picked up her back of clothes from where it lay on the ground and started heading off into the undergrowth.

She had a goal and once that was completed a list of people she needed to find.

As she started to disappear she called back to the others.

"Quickly, before we get grounded!"

The plan rolled around her head. Find her bag, find Andy, Abe, Mikki, Charelle, and others.

As she walked Forrest took in her surroundings. It was kinda cool, she'd never been in a proper jungle environment before. The humidity and heat made it feel like a reptile house in a way. She'd always enjoyed the reptile house at the zoo because she had owner bias. Her surroundings reminded her of that, it would have been nice if it wasn't for the fact she was in a life or death situation. But still for a little bit she would be able to travel the island and just take in the sights. Like the...uh...the...um...well...shit.

She hadn't actually looked at Meilin's map.

((Forrest Quin continued elsewhere...))
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
Roberta “Robbie” Woodvine
[+] V7
G047 - Aliya Kimia Nemati - Blowgun w/ 10 Poison Darts - you're nobody till somebody kills you - "I just wanted to talk." - DEAD
G001 - Arizona Butler - Camping Stove - Dead Bxdies in the Lake Part II - ""We got there eventually." - DEAD
B046 - Bret Carter - Weighted Net - Swerve - "I'll just be on my way and we can all continue with our evenings." - DEAD
G022 - Forrest Quin - Ball-gag and handcuffs - DRUGS SAV3D MY LIF3 - "Abe-" - DEAD
BlizzardeyeWonder

Post by BlizzardeyeWonder »

Meilin couldn't help but giggle a bit at Forrest's reaction. Maybe they could joke around after all, just a little bit. That would be nice, wouldn't it? What's life without a little laughter, after all?

She kept the map in her hands, for quick referral. Meilin had a vague sense for where she thought they should go, so she walked quickly to match Forrest's pace, and opened up the map again, just to make sure she wouldn't forget. Of course, she wasn't the boss of this group. Did they have a boss? Nah, they didn't need to do it the boring way like that. They were a team with no coach!

Wait, that could be seen as a bad thing. Uh... they were a kingdom with no king! That didn't seem right either.

Oh well. They were a group now, that's what mattered.

"Alrighty! Of anyone wants to look at a map I got one right here! Might as well save the hassle of dragging it out of your bag, eh?"

The hole in her heart wasn't fixed, not completely. It was like putting a thin fabric patch on a hole in a leather coat, really. And whatever had been drained from her wouldn't come back for a while. But no more energy would leak out. She didn't have to think about the... the thing, not right then.

For a while, she felt like her old self again.

[Meilin Zhou continued in Skin Feels Off]
[+] Meilin
Meilin Zhou (Wiki) - DEAD

>Pregame Start: life observes itself
-->Pregame Status: Waltzed out a party with her crush
>Prom Start: Fancy Meeting You Here
-->Prom Status: Taking a dance, taking on the world
>Trip Start: The Best of You
-->Trip Status: Running away from an eyeful of NSFW
>Game Start: Rise Great Undead Lord Dread
-->Game Status (FINAL): Stop hitting yourself

Aesthetics
"No sun to rise would be okay with me... Everyday, every day is okay"
[+] Camilla
Camilla Bell (Wiki) - DEAD

>Pregame Start: Who's Turn Was It, Anyway?
-->Pregame Status: Had more than her fair share of revelry
>Prom Start: Early in the Morning
-->Prom Status: Ditching the drama for blues
>Trip Start: When I'm Gone
-->Trip Status: Preemptively homesick
>Game Start: Bloom Nobly, in a Transient Life
-->Game Status (FINAL): Loved to death.

Aesthetics
"A voice in her head, a voice in her head, screaming all the words that were left unsaid"
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

She nodded at everybody’s comments, a single swift jerk of her head, but didn’t say anything more. Forrest was making little jokes and quick comments, Meilin had let out the first laugh she had heard for what felt like a long, long time, and Dane… well, he was starting to show snippets of exactly why she hated him at school, which could really prove to be a thorn in everybody’s sides in the next few hours. But what was important was that he, and the other two, were beginning to show signs of who they’d been back at school, little glimpses to the past of better times, of safety. Whether it was them truly starting to return to themselves, or just a front to keep the group intact, Katie couldn’t say. She didn’t know.

But what she did know was that she couldn’t see any way for her to feel like that again. Not any time soon, at least.

She’d thought she might have been able to, for a while. Even when the sole thing that had absorbed her thoughts was the need to find Saffron, the constant burning worry that her girlfriend was hurt, or in danger, or… or worse.

She still had that. And now she had something else too, something that she’d never be able to get out of her mind.

Only her.

She had anger problems at home, but she dealt with them by keeping quiet and out of the spotlight and, when things got too much for her to handle safely, taking out those frustrations on a punching bag, or channeling it into her music. Now she had none of her coping mechanisms, none of the healthy ones at least, and the anger and confusion she felt had been magnified. The only punching bags around here were living and breathing. She couldn’t let herself reach that point.

Cigarettes. She still had those at least. A tiny miracle, honestly, that they hadn’t tumbled out of her pocket.

She scowled into the packet as she opened it, feet starting to move beneath her. Over half of it was empty. If things progressed like she thought they would, this would barely last her three days, if she was being generous. But it’d have to do.

She paused for a moment to light up, then followed after Meilin and Forrest, a trail of smoke drifting along behind her.

((Katie Agustien continued in Skin Feels Off))
[+] V7
B006 - Stepney Cruz - DEAD - Dynasty decapitated, you just might see a ghost tonight - Mountain Bike - Localised - Catastrophe - Inferno
Pregame - Chill - Loss - Realm
Trip - Loved

G035 - Katie Agustien - DEAD - There's only two ways that these things can go, good or bad and how was I to know that all your friends won't hold any grudges, I got the final judgment - The World's Sharpest Knife™ - Dread - Skin - ieatnothing - Satisfaction - Tempest - Zero
Pregame - Vend-etta - Flames - Fleet - Monachopsis - Glitter
Trip - G҉ A҉ N҉ G҉

B028 - Aurelien Valter - DEAD - When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat, before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream - Spiked Mace, Glock 19, Min-Jae Parker's Crossbow - Nightmare - Bubbles - Neighbourhood - Tragedy - Make It - Fiend - Sleet - Love - Walls - Friends - Key - Everything - Gotta - Ghosts - Alone
Pregame - Shark - Heart
Prom - Link - Gradation - Ballare
Trip - Inferis - Scusare

B052 - Garren Mortimer - DEAD- Cut up and I can't feel my hands, no need to chase, can you relate, can you keep up the pace like you're dying for this? - Bryan Calvert's SPAS-12, Alligator tooth sword - Sky - Geek - Nation - No - Dilemma - Mauerbauertraurigkeit - Struck - Punishment - Énouement - Pain - Learn - lamb - Moves
Pregame - Rain
Trip - Life

Meanwhile
Lyra Doyle - Let's live tonight like fireflies, and one by one light up the sky - Pop!
Pregame - Evolution - Life - Lo Mein
Memories - Forward - Odds

Dean Puchero - By July you'd made a whole bunch of brand new friends, people you used to look down on, and you'd figured out a way to make real money - Phone - Angel
Pregame - Generation - Prince
Memories - Star
Prom - Sun - Luster
[+] The Past
V6
Bryony Adams - Burning bright until the end, now you'll be missing from the photographs
Astrid Tate - So what became of loving man, and what became of you?
Mia Rose - You can't understand that I won't leave 'til we're finished here, and then you'll find out where it all went wrong

V5
Owen Kay - I fold my tie and ribbon to hide my scars, that's how it starts
Amy Bachelor - Can you whisper, as it crumbles and breaks, as you shiver, count up all your mistakes
Francis St. Ledger - So a day when you've lost yourself completely could be a night when your life ends

V4
George Leidman (Adopted from Blastinus) - Now if we jump together at least we can swim far away from the wreck that we made
Beatrice - Jamie - Pippi - Tim - Ada - Tabby - Romeo - Lissa - Freddie - Trinity - Redd - Natalie - Kendra
[+] The Future
Boyd Adkinson - Ain't no surprise that I can't sleep tonight, my only vice is standing by your side
"bryony and alba would definitely join the terrorists quote me on this put this quote in signatures put it in history books" - Cicada Days, 2017
CondorTalon

Post by CondorTalon »

Well, it looked like they were finally ready to move, which was good. About time, really. Once they moved, they could actually start accomplishing their goals.

Finding a bag was a goal. A small goal, and it would leave their long-term goals uncertain, but nevertheless. Maybe one step at a time was better for the others.

He still had his long-term goals to think about, and that would require he to further see if this was a group that he could trust. That discord he sensed earlier was a troubling, if minuscule thing.

Well, time would tell he supposed. He couldn't let his guard down completely, of course, but maybe it would better to not be on edge all the time. Better for the mental, or whatever.

Time would tell.

((Dane Lennox continued in Skin Feels Off.))

Return to “Nature's Lookout”