Everlasting

Day 4 (before and now after the announcement) (Open!!)

The woods themselves are still lush and green, with copious amounts of vegetation. Due to all the foot travel over the years, paths are still present even as the ferns start to grow. Despite this, it is still easy to get lost if one was to venture off the path as the woods are quite densely packed.

Thread Limit: 3
Primrosette

Everlasting

Post by Primrosette »

((Jonathan Meyers continued from You Don't Know Me))

"Ow..."
[+] V7
ImageG006 - Violet Quinn: "T-Thank you.... Ned...."
ImageB033 - Adonis Cohen: "Thank.... T-Thank you, E-Emmett..."
ImageB045 - Emmett Bunnell: "Just.... breathe, you idiot...."(Adopted to Toxie!)
ImageB054 - Drew Woods: "D-Declyn, I love you..."
ImageB051 - Jonathan Meyers: “...that’s louder than bombs and eternity…” (Adopted from Yugikun!)
Kotorikun

Post by Kotorikun »

[Declyn Grayson-Anthis continued from You Don't Know Me]

He groaned.

Then he coughed.

He didn't move much.
[+] V7

ImageDeclyn Grayson-Anthis | aesthetics

last google search - "cool off on hot summer days help"
PREGAME – Past: 1 , 2 | Present: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 | Prom: 1 , 2
ISLAND - 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8 ,9 , 10

ImageDane Lennox | aesthetics
last google search - "top ski resorts 2018"
ISLAND - 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6
V8
follow me on tumblr
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Jonathan was groaning softly himself and he remembered that they had fallen (or more or less slid and rolled down the long slope in an awkward manner) pretty far. He blinked a few times and he was sure that there was some weight on top of him.

Wait.

Jonathan glanced down a little and his head felt like it was throbbing a little from where he hit it on the ground. He groaned softly once again and he closed his eyes to will away the ache around his head.

Declyn had fallen on top of him awkwardly but Jonathan was too busy trying to focus on his sore head.
[+] V7
ImageB045 - Emmett Bunnell: "Just.... breathe, you idiot...."(Adopted to Toxie!)
ImageB051 - Jonathan Meyers: “...that’s louder than bombs and eternity…” (Adopted from Yugikun!)
Kotorikun

Post by Kotorikun »

The familiar smell of soil and dirt hit Declyn's nose, his clothes clinging heavily to his body.

He couldn't see much but he could feel the wet, cool ground coating his hand while his other arm lay angled on Jonathan's chest. Declyn was aware that he was on top of him but moving was a genuine struggle in that moment while different spots on his bare arms were stinging in pain.

"F... fuck…. This… was not fun… Jon?"

A hint of panic. He kept blinking his eyes since half of his face was covered in mud. He pushed and wiggled himself off of Jonathan with mainly his legs and feet and flopped onto his back, now lying beside him.

"Jonathan?" He repeated his name with more urgency.
[+] V7

V8
follow me on tumblr
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Declyn had gotten off of him and it felt like he could breathe again. Not like Declyn was a heavy person at all; Declyn was somewhat light and Jonathan was thankful that Declyn didn't have the weight of someone like Wyatt. He definitely would have been crushed under that weight and that would be an embarrassing way to die. The terrorists would have had a good laugh about that and Jonathan didn't like to think about them that much. Even if they had been the ones to start all this mess.

Jonathan heard the desperation in Declyn's voice and he didn't want the other boy to worry about him. Even if his skull felt like it was going to break at any moment and Jonathan wondered why he was thinking about death more as time went on. He really shouldn't be focusing on something that was so morbid but he couldn't help it for some reason. Maybe it was his way of coping with things on the island. He didn't know anymore. Maybe he was losing it after seeing someone die in front of him...?

Jonathan took a few seconds to breathe more or less normally and he opened his eyes up slowly, droplets of rain were hitting his caked-like muddy face. He then turned his head to the side slightly and he noticed that Declyn was lying pretty close to him, making Jonathan's breathing get a little funny. Declyn was right about it not being a fun ride down the slope and he couldn't help but think it was his fault for not looking where he was going. Declyn had distracted him a little at the time but...

Jonathan's eyes were lingering on Declyn's lips and it was strange that he was doing that. Right? Right. Jonathan then tried to concentrate on Declyn's worried expression and he cleared his throat slightly. He didn't want Declyn to worry too much about him so he had to pretend that everything was okay and he knew that he shouldn't lie for Declyn's sake. God, why couldn't he say that he wasn't okay at all...?

"I'm fine, Declyn.... You...?"
[+] V7
Kotorikun

Post by Kotorikun »

Declyn lifted his arms up towards the noisy sky to see if they were still working (they were) and made a small hissing sound when he splayed his fingers, feeling relieved when Jonathan answered him. When he was about to move his arms back down, his face was suddenly met by a huge chunk of mud that fell from the back of his right hand and onto his mouth that was slightly open.

Nature had chosen to give each of his senses a taste and usually, he would appreciate it, but right now it was quite a lot.

He pouted and harshly blew air out of his nose, lifting his head quickly without moving his upper body. He turned it so he wouldn’t end up spitting and coughing all over Jon. Once his head hit the ground again, the light shade of green of his hair melting with the darker one of the plants, he covered his face with both of his hands, heaving a sigh.

“Yes,” he said. “I’m fine.”

Then he started laughing.

A muffled, soft laugh, a chuckle, filled with silent anxiety, surprise, utter disbelief of what had just happened, some amusement, one that made him clench his teeth before he bit his lip to stop himself.

“Sorry, just....” His fingers dug into his skin before he removed his hands from his face. Yeah, maybe he wasn’t fine. But what could he do? What could Jonathan do? “Aren’t mud face masks supposed to be relaxing?”
[+] V7

V8
follow me on tumblr
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

"Heh."

Jonathan didn't know why a small chuckle escaped his lips and he went back to trying to look more serious again. He had to keep the mask up for Declyn.... Or was it for himself? Ugh, he didn't want to feel emotions around this pretty boy and he wished that he could bury himself under the coating of mud, feeling himself letting out a sigh of contentment. This was definitely not the side of how people were supposed to relax with mud face masks. ...Not that he had ever had one before in his own life.

"This is the strangest face mask that I've ever gotten before. Not like I've ever had one before tho." He admitted honestly and he moved onto his side, leaning over Declyn's face that still covered in a bit of mud. "You missed some mud, Declyn."

He moved his hand up to Declyn's face and he started to wiped the bits of mud away from his cheeks, wondering why he was even touching Declyn's face like this. He glanced at Declyn's lips once again and he hesitated on what he was doing for a few moments.

What am I doing? I need to get away from Declyn, can't get attached to him.
[+] V7
Kotorikun

Post by Kotorikun »

"Hey, you're supposed to wait at least ten minutes to let it soak in."

He smiled widely, his eyes half-closed in a protective manner from the water dripping from Jonathan's hair as he hovered over his face. His cheeks welcomed the touch. Very much so. It made him realize just how much he'd like to cuddle up with someone and stay like that for longer than a while. Just simple, innocent touches with a word of encouragement or ten.

His mind started to drift. Cecil was a constant on it.

Declyn wondered what he was doing, he kept imagining what it would be like to hear his name on the announcement on either side of the game, wondered who he was with, where he was. Declyn wondered if he was strong enough to even face Cecil, and yet he wanted nothing more than that.

Sitting up, he winced slightly. There probably were small cuts and marks all over his arms. It could have been worse and it didn't stop him from grabbing a patch of wet grass and pressing it against Jonathan's cheek playfully.

"You missed some too."
[+] V7

V8
follow me on tumblr
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Jonathan honestly had no idea why they were doing something like this and he felt the grass and Declyn's fingers pressing against his skin, making Jonathan feel something that he was sure that was not allowed. He was having an odd feeling both in his gut and his heart and it was making him feel more uneasy to be so close to Declyn. Why did Declyn want him to stay? He didn't understand why Declyn would want him around over his boyfriend, Cecil something, and he could only guess that it was a comfort thing. Declyn was always surrounded by other people and Jonathan.... well, he preferred things to be different from Declyn's happier world. But now they were stuck in a messed up situation and this could be the last chance for them to be.... normal kids.

"You're so weird Declyn."

What am I doing? Stop this, Jonathan. It's not worth it. You just wanted to go away and do your own thing without Declyn and the others worrying about you. Don't do anything stupid just because this could be the last time before possibly getting shot in the head or something like that.

"Eh.... Fuck it."

He grabbed Declyn around his waist - he's so small was what Jonathan thought in that moment - and he pulled him close to Jonathan's face, making Jonathan's stomach feel like it was in knots. He reached one of his hand up to the back of Declyn's muddy hair and he then leaned in closer to Declyn's lips, planting a slow, firm, wet kiss on the surprised boy's warm, soft lips.

He didn't care if he died from something so stupid.
[+] V7
Kotorikun

Post by Kotorikun »

Kisses could lie as well as words. They could be hope, they could be wonder, they could be shared solitude.

Which category did this one belong to?

Declyn’s breath faltered. This, uh! Was a surprise. He slowly let it out through his nose while feeling Jonathan’s cold lips against his own, not moving much before he put his hand on the other’s arm. A rosy colour spread across his cheeks which was — thankfully, he thought — covered by dirt and darkness. A kiss in the rain was supposed to be romantic, right? He wouldn’t call it that. No. There was no romance present. Just like when Ace had literally licked his face, though there were no drugs involved now. At least not to his knowledge. Pure friendly admiration perhaps. He couldn't say he disliked it.

After four seconds, when the boy moved his head back and he felt Jonathan doing the same, he brought his hand up to Jonathan’s mouth, covering it.

He stared into his eyes. A pause.

“Just because it's the end of this timeline doesn't mean you can do whatever you want,” he said, sounding more seriously than intended, though his gentle undertone never faded. His face slowly relaxed and he puckered his lips as they turned up into a smile.

He figured the rollercoaster of emotions wouldn’t come to a halt in a place like this.

“I’m the weird one?”
[+] V7

V8
follow me on tumblr
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Jonathan was feeling like a jerk for doing that to Declyn and he had no idea why he had thought that - …The back of his head was feeling a lot worse and he felt a wave of dizziness taking over him for a few seconds. He moved one of his hands up to Declyn's hand over his mouth and he moved it away from his mouth gently. He didn't deserve the kindness that was coming from Declyn as he knew that this was something was he shouldn't hav-

He felt something sticky on the back of his neck and he didn't think that it was from the rain, making Jon's vision black out for a few moments. His head felt like it was killing him and that was not an understatement. He still had a grip on Declyn's soft hand and he used his other one to touch the back of his head, wincing a little. He brought his hand back into his field of view and he noticed that there was quite a bit of blood. ...Blood...?

"Declyn..?"

"I... I don't feel so good."
[+] V7
Kotorikun

Post by Kotorikun »

"Is that....?" Blood. See? Rollercoaster. His free hand touched the side of Jonathan's head but he didn't dare to touch the very back yet to judge how bad the damage was. He squinted at Jonathan's hand worriedly while he pulled his own out of his grip, turning his body and getting on his knees to indicate that he was ready to go. "We need to get out of the rain."

Lingering for a moment, he gathered more inner strength, or tried to, and eventually stood up, swallowing hard before he released a sharp breath.

"I'd carry you but it would just end up in another accident." He held out his hand. "You can lean against me."
[+] V7

V8
follow me on tumblr
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Jonathan felt himself wanting to laugh at Declyn for saying that he would try to carry him and it kinda made his head hurt a bit more just thinking about it. He then closed his eyes and took a few breathes for a few moments, trying to stop himself from passing out. He needed to stay awake for Declyn and he couldn't make himself too useless for the other boy. Although, a head injury could make him weaker against protentional killers or the real murderers.

"T...Thanks..."

Jonathan reached for Declyn's hand and he forced himself up to his wobbly feet, stumbling a bit. He then felt himself leaning against Declyn's side, his eyes were half-open now and he could feel the rain falling on him more.

"I....I'm fine."

Why was he lying now? It was obvious that he was not and he knew that Declyn knew that as well. Maybe he just didn't want to make Declyn worry about him. He didn't know why he was even trying to use a mask to pretend that he wasn't that hurt. He really did need help from Declyn and he hoped the other boy wouldn't mind that he was lying to him and himself for no reason whatsoever.
[+] V7
Kotorikun

Post by Kotorikun »

Declyn glanced up at Jonathan and wrapped his arm around his waist to give him more support. When he realized he needed to carry Jonathan's bag as well, he knew it was going to be a long walk.

"It doesn't look too deep to me."

Clenching his teeth, he aimed the flashlight at the back of Jonathan's head while he was sitting behind him.

They had found a dry spot under some trees where they had plonked themselves down for some rest and regeneration. Now he was looking at a cut that was about two to three inches wide with patches of dry and fresh blood around it, some of it giving Jon's bottom layer of hair a bit of colour in the form of red crusty streaks. He pushed his hair aside, collecting it between his fingers to get it out of the way, some of it falling back in its place when Declyn felt his own hand tremble at a low level. The first aid kit lay open beside him and his eyes wandered between the wound and the content of said kit. He'd rather patch up mental wounds.

Alcohol pads and a bandage should do. He'd just have to try to keep it in place.

"Oh. I found us a raincoat." He took the emergency blanket pack and moved his arm around Jonathan's side to show it to him. "We… We're going back to the others, right?"
[+] V7

V8
follow me on tumblr
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Jonathan was feeling relieved that the wound wasn't deep and he just wished that the pain would stop, making him wince softly and groan a little. This was his own fault for trying to get away from Declyn and then caused them to fall down a slope together. He felt glad that Declyn had not gotten as seriously injured as he had and he wondered he should go back with Declyn to the other two. No, no, he couldn't go back with this kind guy; he had to keep moving on his own and then maybe he could avoid seeing Declyn or the others dying in his presence. ...Or him dying in their presence....

"U-ughh…"

Jonathan was finding it hard to get any words out of his mouth and he blinked a few times, feeling some droplets of water dripping from his wet hair. He felt a wave of bile wanting to raise out of his throat and he unwilling swallowed it back down with a bit of a struggle. He really didn't want to look Declyn in the eye. It felt like it was pathetic of him to feel anything for Declyn. Not sexual feelings, not that. But actually caring and wanting to be close to him. Wanting to be friends. In a life or death situation? What the hell was he even thinking? He was really being a complete fool, wasn't he?

Jonathan felt his hands resting in his lap and he coughed slightly, clearing his throat as best as he could. "....I can't go back. I know you want me to stay, Declyn. But..." He paused to take a deep breath and then he let it out slowly, thinking that he needed to try to ignore his heart that was begging to stay with the group. He had to use logic and not his heart. "...I can't. I'll be in the way of your survival and I want you to keep moving forward with.... a smile."

He felt so tired and he hoped that Declyn would let him go.
[+] V7

Return to “The Woods”