The Incredible Adventures of Butt Donkey

Day 3, morning, after Announcement 2

The woods themselves are still lush and green, with copious amounts of vegetation. Due to all the foot travel over the years, paths are still present even as the ferns start to grow. Despite this, it is still easy to get lost if one was to venture off the path as the woods are quite densely packed.

Thread Limit: 3
decoy73

The Incredible Adventures of Butt Donkey

Post by decoy73 »

((Manuel Figueroa continued from all of our heroes fading))

Yuki hadn't been on the announcements. Thank God for small favors. It was raining and there was no shelter other than a jacket and a blanket. People were dropping like flies and he thought that the class would be better than this. Some had gone into killing for what may as well have been fun, and others ...

Well, there was one person that was, somewhat understandably, taking this very badly. This would have been even more understandable if Katrina had stabbed Yuko back while they were in Virginia or somewhere like that, where it would have been illegal as shit and it would have ended with several people tackling Katrina into the ground, but the problem was that here, Katrina's actions were encouraged. And someone was going to do something very similar to Yuka within the next week. It was just a matter of what Yuka was going to do about it. If what Sal had said about what happened lat night was true, then the end result was going to see Yuka join her sister sooner rather than later. Speaking of that ...

"Hey. We need to talk about ..." Manuel whispered as he jerked his head toward Yuka.
Survivor: UCONN - Seriously, it's awesome!

Version 8
Kaede Tsurumi: "Eeep! I-I'm so sorry! I-I'll try not to get in your w-way next time!"
Morgan Whitney
Tyler Slomkowski
Victor Grail: "I didn't give you the lead so that you could lose it! I guess it's up to me to carry us after all."
[+] Version 7
Male Student #65: Manuel Figueroa; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Female Student #63: Christina "Renz" Rennes; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Female Student #70: Jessica Rennes; Status: ACTIVE (Adopted by Brackie)
Female Student #79: Stephanie McDonald; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Skraal

Post by Skraal »

((Sal Bonaventura continued from now i can't stand to be alone))

Sal's head jerked up at the sound of Manuel's voice. His thoughts were so fixed on the events of the previous night that he hadn't even noticed that he was staring down at his feet. Pretty stupid of him, to be honest. If he kept that up, it wouldn't be long before Manuel noticed that something was up with him, and started asking questions that he wasn't nearly prepared to answer.

Speaking of questions, however... Sal glanced over towards Yuka before turning back to the guy next to him. She seemed to be out of earshot, but, lowering their voices wouldn't hurt either. It still wouldn't be a very good look to be whispering conspiratorially for very long, so they'd have to make this quick. Sal responded with a whisper of his own, his eyes fixed on the girl just ahead of him, watching for any sudden turns or stops.

"...What about her?"
[+] Survival of the Fittest Version 5
Characters:
Timothy Abrams
Weapon: Replica Flamethrower
Current Status: Deceased
Kyle Fitzpatrick
Weapon: Bulletproof Vest
Eliza Patton (Adopted from laZardo)
Weapon: M-1 Garand
[+] Survival of the Fittest Version 7
Characters:
Oliver Lacroix Current Status: Deceased
William "Bill" Dover Current Status: Deceased
Salvatore "Sal" Bonaventura (Adopted by Ohm) Current Status: Alive
decoy73

Post by decoy73 »

"What about her?" Manuel looked at Yuka, then Sal before letting it spill.

"She's hurting, and she's trying to hold it in." For whatever reason. "She keeps this up for too long, she's going to break." It was likely too late to say that. Yuka was probably breaking right then and there. She hadn't said a word since the first announcement.

Version 8
Kaede Tsurumi: "Eeep! I-I'm so sorry! I-I'll try not to get in your w-way next time!"
Morgan Whitney
Tyler Slomkowski
Victor Grail: "I didn't give you the lead so that you could lose it! I guess it's up to me to carry us after all."
[+] Version 7
Female Student #63: Christina "Renz" Rennes; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Ryuki

Post by Ryuki »

(Yuki Hayashibara, continued from Hayashibara Heartbreak)

Yuki’s journey had once again led her into the wilderness. The greenery was deceptively beautiful. So much so, it could mask any threats nearby. Yuki kept a watchful eye as she continued walking. Dead leaves and tall grass cracked and crunched with every step she took.

She hadn’t seen anyone since she’d separated from Arizona, Lizzie, and Saffron. She was becoming more and more paranoid, for if she were to meet another person, she wouldn’t be able to predict if they were a friend or a foe. If they were a foe, she would be at a major disadvantage, as she had tossed her “weapon” on the first day.

Her mind was focused on finding her sister Yuka. She was all Yuki had left. She wanted to see Yuka again, to talk to her again, to paint nails and style her hair. Yuki would much rather be at home reading a good book and writing a new story. Why did she and sisters agree to go on this trip? Why did Yuko have to die? It just wasn’t fair. If they had stayed home, they could have been able to pursue the careers they desired. But none of that mattered anymore. Not while they were here, wandering around until someone came to put them out of their misery.

Yuki’s body began to sway from side to side as she continued walking. She started to feel a bit lightheaded, so she stopped to squat and reach into her bag for some water. As she drank from the bottle, the cry of birds could be heard in the distance.
[+] V7
Mains
Image B018: Ned Jackson- That’s All Folks
Image G039: Yuki Hayashibara- Family is Forever
Image B034: Zachary Beck- Guess I’ll Die
Skraal

Post by Skraal »

Sal paused for a moment, staring off into the distance for a second before snapping back to focus on Manuel. He was right, but... what could either of them do about it? A feeling of helplessness washed over him for what felt like the hundredth time as he gave one of the most lame, non-committal responses that could possibly be mustered.

"Yeah... I don't know if there's anything we can do to help, though."
Characters:
Timothy Abrams
Kyle Fitzpatrick
Characters:
decoy73

Post by decoy73 »

That wasn't the response he wanted. Well, Sal knew something had to be done, but his statement, that he didn't know if anything could be done, was disconcerting, to say the least. But still, in spite of part of him agreeing with what Sal said, Manuel couldn't help but disagree.

"She has to let it out. Her sister just died, what, two days ago? It's going to come out one way or the other. It's just whether it's on her terms or if it happens at the worst possible time."

Version 8
Morgan Whitney
Tyler Slomkowski
[+] Version 7
Skraal

Post by Skraal »

Okay...

The thing was, Manuel may have been right, in a technical sense. Bottling up your emotions is pretty much universally accepted to be the wrong way of handling your issues, but it isn't so easy to just 'let it out'. What did he even want her to do? Just start screaming or some shit? And where did the two of them fit in? Sal glanced to the side before back to Manuel, staring at him quizzically.

"Where are you going with this?"
Characters:
Timothy Abrams
Kyle Fitzpatrick
Characters:
Ryuki

Post by Ryuki »

Yuki took a few bites of her bread after realizing she hadn’t eaten breakfast that morning. As she chewed on the bland loaf, she could hear voices. Were these in her head? Was she starting to go insane?

That was when she noticed two boys in the distance. She quickly got to her feet and hid behind the tree nearest to her. She peeked out from hiding to examine the boys coming closer.

It didn’t seem as if they had a weapon on either of them. They could have tucked them into their bags. If that were the case, their weapons would likely have to be small in size. Maybe they had a handgun or a knife. Or they could have something relatively harmless, like a whoopie cushion. They might not be threatening in actuality. Whatever the case, Yuki remained cautious.
[+] V7
Mains
decoy73

Post by decoy73 »

"Where are you going with this?"

Where was Manuel going with this? It should have been obvious, but it was coming from a stressed out high school student with little knowledge in the way of sociology, so rather than having some impassioned plea or concrete plan, all Manuel had was

"She needs to ... I don't know how to really put it. It's like she's bottling everything in and I don't like it. She's sad and angry that Yuko's dead. I don't see why she wants to pretend that she isn't. I mean, why wouldn't she be?"

Version 8
Morgan Whitney
Tyler Slomkowski
[+] Version 7
Skraal

Post by Skraal »

It was becoming apparent that Manuel had no idea what he was talking about. What did he think he was, some kind of psychiatrist? Did he honestly not comprehend why someone would not make an obvious show of their grief, or was he just playing dumb for some reason?

However, as much as he wanted to chew the guy out for that, it probably wouldn't be a good idea to make a scene about it. As things stood, the best that he could put forward was a sort of mild frustration, hoping to put an end to this conversation as soon as possible.

"She's always been like this, though. She's, like, the strong, silent type, you know? I, well, I feel just as bad for her as you do, but if she doesn't want to let everything out, I don't think there's any way that we can force her."
Characters:
Timothy Abrams
Kyle Fitzpatrick
Characters:
decoy73

Post by decoy73 »

Manuel shrugged. He knew that and it was comforting to know that Sal at least wanted to help just as much. It just felt so shitty that he couldn't do anything about it.

"I just thought we should do something."

Version 8
Morgan Whitney
Tyler Slomkowski
[+] Version 7
Skraal

Post by Skraal »

Sal just gave a shrug. It was all he could do at this point, really. If Manuel didn't get the hint by now, he really didn't know what he'd do. Yuka was probably getting far ahead anyway, if they didn't catch up soon, they might lose her.

"Well, if you get any good ideas, let me know. I'm all ears."

And with that, he began walking away, towards his other traveling companion.
Characters:
Timothy Abrams
Kyle Fitzpatrick
Characters:
Maraoone

Post by Maraoone »

((Yuka Hayashibara continues from now i can't stand to be alone))

Yuka stumbled onwards, alone, midway through this eternal trek across the island, this never-ending search for Yuki. The boys hung meters, miles, oceans behind her, together. They were probably talking about what happened last night. The aftermath of it felt permanent, irreversible in several ways.

The mix of rain and sweat and tears and snot settled on her face, her skin, left this chill, this film that hugged her and wrapped her and masked her, but the mask was not one she was used to wearing. It felt unlike her, unlike the happiness and care-free attitude she was supposed to be, and yet it stuck to her skin and was becoming her. It replaced the makeup that had long, long been washed off by the rain and tears, leaving a bare face that only her family used to see. And yet, despite the film, she still felt exposed, naked, after what Sal had seen.

They walked together and continued searching because it was what they had been doing. She went along with them, stayed with them, didn't drift off from them, not because she had any fondness for them, or any desire to stay with them. She went along with them because she had not planned for what would happen post-exposure, so the same old plans were as good as any.

Sal and Manuel hung together, behind her. And she didn't look at them the entire way. They didn't trust her, she realized. Sal feared her. She didn't hear any whispers, any hints of sounds from them, but they were probably talking about how unhinged she was, how she was just a second from snapping. And they weren't even wrong. They feared her, and they were right, but it didn't sink into her like last time. Even the dread of that realization felt hollow.

Yuka stumbled on, alone, Sal and Manuel hanging together like shadows, ghosts, reminding her of her mistakes. She had considered slipping away from them, during the second announcements. She forced herself to listen, despite every muscle in her body screaming not to, if only to confirm that she still had a reason to live. Yuki's name did not come up, and that brought a second of relief, and then it didn't, because she still wasn't with her. After the speakers quieted down, she considered leaving them, but realized that she had been leading the way anyways, for some reason. She would be as directionless alone as they had been this entire time. There was no point to staying, but there was no point to leaving. So they continued on.

She stumbled on, mindless. Numbness was easy. Yuko hurt. The thought of wanting to see Yuki, but not having her, it hurt. So, it was best to think of nothing. She stumbled on, and would've done so for minutes and hours and days had a thumping sound not caught her attention.

She heard footsteps getting closer, whether it was Sal or Manuel, she couldn't tell. She turned to check, if only to confirm that they were still following her.

Sal outpaced Manuel, an expression on his face indicating he had something to say. Maybe they would finally leave her. Maybe she would finally be alone. It had been inevitable, since last night. And then, she saw a glimpse of something behind a tree. The black hem of a skirt.

One that she had picked out.

Her eyes lit up for the first time in days. Ignoring the two, she broke into a sprint, and ran for that tree, tears in the corners of her eyes, grin almost splitting her face, arms wide open.

"SISTER!"
[+] the youfs
[+] V7
V7:
Dead:
B083 - Diego Larrosa - Palayain mo na ako. - He didn't want this. say goodnight to the bad guy [10/159]
Current Theme Music: Devil Town (v1) - cavetown
Weapon: Tactical Combat Shovel
Previous Threads: Love & Money - before the day is done, my prince is gonna come - How Far I'll Go - Gimme, Gimme Shelter or I'm Gonna Fade Away - no one round here's good at keeping their eyes closed - Still Waiting - Hell is Other People - RICH_BOY_LIKES_IT_ROUGH.MP4 - I Don't Wanna Be Myself - The Bell Tolls For Our Funeral - The Gang Goes Out For Breakfast - Untrust Us - Crimewaves - Love itself is just as innocent as roses in May - Will All Be Forgiven? - black eyes looking up from below - Silent Key - it's ok we're just scared - life's alright in devil town - Beyond Human (Barely Human) - And Now Those Days Are Over and We Are All Ghosts - The Ultimate Test of Cerebral Fitness - Ang Pagbibinata ni Diego Larrosa - perverse verdict - Madness in the Method - park the car, drop that phone, sleep on the floor, dream about me
Memories: Hiya sa Timog

G013 - Yuka Hayashibara (adopted from Ryuki!) - Does it spark joy? - She fixed up her look in one of a kind [46/159]
Current Theme Music: Play With Me - DDLC OST
Weapon: Bug-A-Salt Camofly 2.0 Insect Eradication Gun
Previous Threads: Quintessential Thinking - I Pray to the Lord You Reveal what His Truth is - all of our heroes fading - now i can't stand to be alone - Incredible Adventures - there's a pale imitation burnt in my eyes - Red Of Tooth And Claw - The Fifth Announcement - Low Times - Party Like It's 1999 - Hell and You - We're All Excited, We Don't Know Why, Maybe It's 'Cause, We're Gonna Die - Ron Gets a Bath As Well, Whether He Wants To or Not - No Exit
Pregame: In Vino Veritas - Shake It Out
Memories: Hayashibara Heart to Heart
Prom: Fear and Delight
Trip: Room 832: Welcome to the Witching Hour

G052 - Joanne Coleman (adopted from Cicada!) - I've got a thick skin and an elastic heart. - She tried to do something in Sleep Is The Cousin Of Death [116/159]
Current Theme Music: When You Die - MGMT
Weapon: George Hunter High School mascot costume
Previous Threads: hold on to this lullaby - Don't Stray Off The Path - D.R.E.A.M. - I'm Not That Nice, I'm Mean and I'm Evil - we keep these promises, write it in a letter
Pregame: You did not break me. I'm still fighting for peace. - Desperate Times - Heavy is the Head That Wears the Crown - Do You Have The Time - i'm so 3008
Memories: I'm alright. I'm just fine. And you're a tool, so. - Make A New Cult Every Day

G075 - Aditi Sharma (adopted from Brackie! and somer!) - She failed in Yellow Light [88/159]
Weapon: Browning Hi Power 9mm
Previous Threads: Pandorama - Antisocial Darwinism - My Lucifer Is Lonely - They Couldn't Buy A Fucking Toaster. They're Broke, John.
[+] V6
V6 Characters:
G062 - Olivia Fischer prayed a thousand prayers in Ye Not [37/107]
Previous Threads: Sæglópur - Until all our yesterdays are lighted fools... - the way to dusty death - a concrete cave - I'd Say That I've Had Worse Days, but Then I'd Be Lying - Get Me Away From Here, I'm Dying - Until Then, You Are Free - Cast in the Name of God
Memories: Sometimes when we reach for the stars...
Weapon: Lobotomy pick.
[+] V5
Dead:
B045 - Juhan Levandi - An Estonian wanna-be journalist with a fear of the dark who wanted to bring them all down in Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien [18/152]
Weapon: Party Bag (contains a noisemaker, party hat, two single-serving bags of candy, and a Hotwheels car)
Pre-Game Threads: Wiping All Out - Quixotic
Previous V5 Threads: Despair - The Real Folk Blues - The two people in the distance were Paulo and Becca - Mischief Managed - Sleeper Cell - Tell No Tales - So, How Was Your Day? - And I'm Not Sleeping Now - Intermission - Glass - A Manic Depressive Named Laughing Boy
G067 - Carmina Maliksi - A Filipina car junkie with a /slight/ obsession with Korea and Japan who has finished things up (somewhat) in Red as Blood [139/152]
Weapon: Non-Functional Flamethrower (left in the Clubhouse)
Previous V5 Threads: Finding Center - Wish I Could Breathe - The Visionary
Memories: Offended?
B054 - Oscar Trig (adopted from Greg the Anti-Viking) - An artist who desperately needs a pencil, paper and a cigar and thought with his heart in Fumble [76/152]
Weapon: Binoculars
Pregame Threads: Taking it to the Streets
Previous V5 Threads: Waking Up at the Beginning of Time - Steadier Footing - Handoff
[+] misc
[+] meirl
new resting place for chatsig never forget 2018
give my v8 kids friends pls
Ryuki

Post by Ryuki »

The sound of a familiar voice broke Yuki’s concentration from the two boys. A wave of surprise, joy, and relief swept over her as she turned her attention to the source of the voice. A girl with light green hair and a suspender skirt was rushing toward her, arms open. Yuki, with tears in her eyes, opened her arms in tandem.

“YUKA!”

Her voice cracked a bit as she embraced her sister. All the loneliness Yuki endured during the past day and a half felt like it had melted away, like an ice cube in a hot bowl. It was as if the universe had taken pity on this lost girl and threw her a bone. She was so happy, she had almost forgotten about the two boys she spotted, until she caught a glimpse of them standing at a near distance from them.

“Oh! Yuka,” Yuki whispered, trying to remain calm, still embraced in her sister’s hug, “those boys!”
[+] V7
Mains
decoy73

Post by decoy73 »

"Well, if you get any good ideas, let me know. I'm all ears."

Maybe it was the best they would get for now. Manuel just shook is head as Sal's pace quickened.

"SISTER!"

Huh? Manuel looked up Yuka, approaching someone in the distance.

“YUKA!” Another voice, one that sounded just like Yuka, which could only mean one person ...

“Oh! Yuka, those boys!” As Manuel approached, he kept his hands up above his head, empty. Hopefully something good would come out of this.

Version 8
Morgan Whitney
Tyler Slomkowski
[+] Version 7

Return to “The Woods”