Right Turn at Albuquerque

Day 2 post-announcement noon-ish: now private (sorry)

The infirmary is the second-largest building in the village, bigger than any of the houses but smaller than the commissary. Like all of them, it is constructed from wooden boards, but is painted bright red. The interior of the infirmary is set out much as one would expect. There is a smaller entrance and reception area and beyond that is a larger room with a collection of six beds, all with bedding present. At the back of this room is a storeroom that once would have contained a collection of medical equipment kept on wooden shelving, although all the equipment and medicine has been removed.
Jilly

Right Turn at Albuquerque

Post by Jilly »

((It was a new day for Desiree and The Boyz.))

And here they were, Pismo Beach and all the clams they could eat. It took all day and a stop for the night, but here they were despite their earlier misdirections (thanks, Lucas).

The infirmary stood imposing against the high-in-the-sky sunny yet cloudy backdrop of the village, painted bright red but hopefully not from the blood of the people who had to use it in the island's heyday. The front door was left wide open, beckoning for people to come inside.

Desiree and the boys didn't go inside just yet, though. They stopped out in front to go over their game plan.

People really were playing, according to the announcement. So it'd be wise to send someone in first to scope things out in case there was someone inside. Didn't wanna run into a Tyrell or a Quinn. Desiree still kept thinking about Violet; she was a goth, and they were weird, but still. She didn't deserve whatever happened to her.

But there was no time to mourn.

Desiree coughed, looking around at the group. Thomas had the gun, so ya know, it'd probably be fair for him to go first and check things out. But she'd wait for him to make that choice on his own first before saying anything.
MethodicalSlacker

Post by MethodicalSlacker »

"In the first of what I'm sure will be many star-crossed lovers moments, Beryl Mahelona was reunited with Nick Ogilvie as he put a knife in her neck. It's sad, but this is what happens in this game."

The Flight of the Crow.

[Lucas Diaz continued from Why? I don't like you.]

He hadn't ever really believed in luck, or fate, before. Lucas considered himself a pretty hardcore atheist, all things considered. Religion felt to him like an anathema to progress, to forward thinking, to the onward march of society. Drawing meaningless comparisons and pointing out similarities in completely unrelated things was a vestige of a time in which that was a useful survival instinct. There was nothing worth gaining from believing in a kind, steady, guiding hand up above, nor was there anything to learn from a cruel, unwieldy, ferocious and jealous one. It made life disgustingly simple to believe in things on those terms.

And yet when Lucas heard Beryl's name among the announcements he could not help but think back to the casting of that single die. Unlucky thirteen. The Flight of the Crow. It banned one from playing Morton's List for the day, until the next rising of the sun, at the risk of "bad karma," whatever that meant in the pseudo-appropriated version of Eastern philosophy that Morton's List called its own. Beryl had been the one to roll that die. Phillip had been the one to assemble them all there. Michael was here, and complicit in the whole thing. So was Lucas. Ophelia wasn't here, but maybe that was a curse unto itself. He hoped, dearly, that Michael and Phillip were okay, and that the gross shit he had said to the camera the other day had been enough to put off anyone watching him fumble around on the way to his doom. Technically speaking, they shouldn't have accrued any extra bad luck, but that was expecting something inherently irrational to suddenly adhere to rules.

Which, ultimately, was a similar shift that he had noticed in himself over the course of the last day. After the initial rush of emotion and confusion and social self-sabotage Lucas found himself taking things pretty seriously, all told. It was remembering Ophelia that did it, really. That and waking up alive the next morning. The time for silly theatrics was just about over. It was now time to survive. After a decently uneventful night getting lost yet one more time and then camping out in a run-down (decently uninteresting as far as abandoned places went) house, the Cloutless Gang was now at their initial destination. Before them, finally, was the Infirmary.

Desiree did a sort of motion for Thomas to take point. Lucas was okay with that. He hung back, keeping watch out behind them for possible assailants. Facing away from the rest of the group, Lucas practiced a swing with the foam sword. Just one, so that he could play it off as being bored, or uninterested. In reality, he knew that he'd have to play the hand he was dealt. That was just the name of the game.
[+] Recommended Reading Order
—The Heaven Panel—

Image / Image - G051: Lili Williams: 1. Kidnapped from her school trip and thrown into a horrific death game, Lili wanders the wasteland in search of her past life before it slides away from her for good.

Meanwhile 1. From Here On Out [Complete] Marie Bernstein eats ice cream with her friend and gets a text message.

Image / Image - B043: Arthur Bernstein: 2. Arthur watches the waters from the beach, knowing that their presence spells death. Seeking his sister's comfort, he takes up the spear and walks alongside another.

Meanwhile 2. Colorless [Complete] A family reunion under less than ideal circumstances. When trying to unravel the mystery of her brother's death at the hands of esoteric serial terrorists, Marie discovers more than she bargained for.

——The Earth Panel——

𝄇

Image - G026: Liberty "Bert" Wren: 3. It is happening again. To make things right, Bert must understand where things went wrong.

Image - B049: Max Rudolph: 4. The words we use to construct our realities often also make up the links in our chains. Fleeing a vision, Max builds his most elaborate prison yet.

Image - B032: Lucas Diaz: 5. A life lived through the views of others. In pursuit of revenge and his own death, Lucas Diaz interrupts the falling of many dominos.

Meanwhile 3. Because We Love You [Complete] Selections from a Google Drive, never to be logged into again.

Meanwhile 4. The Lines We Draw [Complete] In the process of collecting his brother's memories, Milo Diaz has a fitful morning.

Image - G007: Violet Schmidt: 6. The stars in the night sky do not make pictures. Breathing on both sides of the water, Violet Schmidt journeys to escape the confines of her own mind, and her reality.

Meanwhile 5. Years of Pilgrimage [???] Dana Schmidt is dreaming.

Meanwhile 6. Colorless II [Ongoing] Charlie Bernstein returns to the desert and finds it empty.

Meanwhile 7. Writing the Enigma [Ongoing] Randy Rudolph provides lodgings for Marie Bernstein as she investigates Survival of the Fittest, the city of Chattanooga, and the meaning of water.
———The Hell Panel———

𝄌
¿

[+] Other Threads
Virtual Pilgrimage: Exploring the Pregame Cities of SOTF
Catche Jagger

Post by Catche Jagger »

Thomas had heard the name of Beryl Mahelona come up over the announcements alongside a number of others, but hers stuck out the most to him. He remembered her from that day in the library, nothing significant, but he remembered her alive.

She was more than just an abstract personage whose physical presence and title was known to him, but someone he’d actually spoken with. She’d smiled and spoken and been a bit strange but still kind and welcoming. Thomas, idiot that he was, had thought (more like hoped) she was maybe hitting on him, but after some discomfort in their parting he never spoke to her again. Now he wished he had.

((Thomas Buckley continued from And what if you don’t close?))

How do you mourn the people that you know, but that you don’t really know?

The question went unanswered in Thomas’s mind as his train of thought was interrupted by the group’s arrival at their intended destination: The Infirmary.

As Thomas looked over the red building, he knew that he was going to have to be the one to check the place out. Everyone else remained unarmed and pretty much helpless should they run into one of the killers named off in the announcements.

Swallowing and looking between each of his companions before giving a nod, Thomas slowly and carefully moved toward the structure’s entrance. Producing the pistol from his waist, he leaned in and gave a knock before calling inside.

“Hey, there’s a few of us out here! We’re not looking to, you know, cause any trouble or anything. Just hoping to look around and rest.” He called inside waiting for an answer.

It was then that the boy nearly jumped as he remembered something crucial. Taking a moment he quickly pressed his thumb against the gun’s safety, turning it off. Now, he was ready.

However, no response came from inside. After turning and giving the others a look, he took a step inside. The first room was what seemed to be a reception area, plainly deserted.

“I-I think it’s all clear!” He called out to the others as he passed into the next room, which contained a set of beds.

It was there that he froze. One of the beds clearly had something on it, covered by a blanket. “W-Wait! Hold up!” he called out to the others, not certain what to do about this… thing.

As his approach continued, each step started to feel heavier and heavier, and the pistol shook in his grip.

Keep it together. Keep it together.

Slowly, carefully, he took the blanket and pulled it back, revealing a girl. A dead girl.

As a matter of reflex, Thomas found himself jumping back and calling out “Dead body! There’s a body in here!”

It was a childish reaction, but the sight of the corpse sent a damn shiver down his spine.

She had been Violet Quinn, a girl Thomas had seen around school and whose name had come up as a victim in the announcements. Seemed this was the place where it had happened…

“Oh shit…” Thomas breathed out, putting a hand to his mouth as he stared at what remained of a girl that was little more than a stranger to him.
[+] sig
[+] V7
ImageB078 - Thomas Buckley: "Holy- yes, I am scared because I am not ignorant to the world around me. What the fuck are you talking about ‘am I scared’?”
Memory: 1 | Pregame: 1-2 | Trip: 1
V7: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9

ImageG078 - Sapphire Waters: “It’s okay, Emmett…”
Pregame: 1
V7: 1-2-3-4

ImageB079 - Colin McCabe: “Hey you murderous prick! Tell me how the fucking dirt tastes!”
Pregame: 1-2
V7: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7
#1 Uriel Hunter stan

"I'm refined, I'm cultured. I'm a fashionista. I'm everything you're not and never will be." - Ali Grayston, 2006
Ohm

Post by Ohm »

((Sean Leibowitz continued from Why? I don't like you))

THe adventure to the infimrary, much like the stop at the boat was mostly uneventful. Of course, they had to stop for sleep becuase they had wasted time at that thing, but hey finally they were on their way and things seemed to be good. Relatively speaking at least.

And then the annoucements happened. And Sean was given a cold shower of reality. He'd known people would kill, but he didn't give it much thought that it'd be someone that'd he'd know doing it.

Tyrell Lahti, he'd known him as Ty back home. Liked similar music and they both smoked so they had stuff in common. So yeah, they talked and shit. He'd just killed Christine and Felix and would probably kill more as time goes on.

Sean didn't know what to think nor feel regarding this. For a second he wondered if he should splinter off from this group to find him, it would be suicidal, but maybe he could find out why he did this and he wanted a better excuse than "I didn't want to die."

But then they were at the infimary and both Desiree and Lucas stood back as Thomas made his way inside, fumbling a bit as he tried to talk to someone in there before it became obvious no one was around.

Well, no one but a body of one of their classmates. Sean made his way through the door once he heard, but kept his distance from the bed while still trying to see who it was.
[+] V6
G019 Serena Waters
The Past:
Island:
1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12
Meanwhile:
B037 William "Will" McKinley
Image(Adopted from Dannyrulx)
Dannyrulx:
Memories:
1-2
Pregame:
1-2
Sadie Hawkins Dance:
1-2
Island:
1-2
Adoption:
3-4-5-6-7-8
[+] V7
B026 Sean Leibowitz
Image Image
1-2-3-4-5-6-7
B071 Sal Bonaventura (Adopted from Skraal)
Skraal:
1-2-3-4-5
Adoption:
6-7-8-9
B085 Brandon Murphy (adopted from Rattlesnake)
1-2-3
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

A... a body?

Desiree glanced at Sean and her Minecraft knight Lucas before briskly walking into the building.

Past what looked like a reception area, past the hallway with the pool of already browning blood, and past the trail into another room with a bunch of beds was Thomas. Desiree squeezed by Sean and got a better look at it.

It was her. The girl who ate breakfast with Desiree every morning on the trip. Just chilling there, eyes closed and arms crossed. Blood pooled around her stomach. Didn't even look like she was asleep, but she was gone.

Desiree stared at her, biting her lip trying to come up with what to do.

With a passing glance at the boys, she wordlessly draped the blanket back over the body.
Ryuki

Post by Ryuki »

(Zachary Beck, continued from Obligatory Inner Turmoil Post)

Zach had finally arrived at the village after a grueling trek. Once he had arrived, he walked around to get a good look at the surrounding houses. It was eerily quiet, like something out of a horror movie or video game. If it were a bit more foggy, he’d say that he found himself in Silent Hill. Zach had expected there to be a few people wandering around, but he didn’t see a soul.

That is until he came a across a group of people in front of the infirmary. One was Desiree Beck (no relation), who was a Fortnite and Minecraft fangirl. Zach himself didn’t care for Minecraft, but he was okay with Fortnite. Another was Lucas Diaz, whom he remembered having some real emotional problems. Zach teased him before over his failed romances. Then there was Thomas Buckley, typical theatre nerd. And lastly, a familiar face, Sean Leibowitz. Thank God! Someone Zach was actually close to! He got in closer, calmly and carefully, as not to scare them, when they had disappeared into the building, until Lucas remained.

Wondering just what was going on, Zach approached the front, waving to Lucas. He kept his weapon tightly wrapped around his fingers.

“Yo!,” Zach greeted, “What’s going on here?”
[+] V7
Mains
Image B018: Ned Jackson- That’s All Folks
Image G039: Yuki Hayashibara- Family is Forever
Image B034: Zachary Beck- Guess I’ll Die
MethodicalSlacker

Voices echoed from inside the infirmary. Lucas stayed towards the back, lingering for another minute before he could be sure the coast was clear. He wasn't really sure how big or spacious or cramped or narrow the infirmary was on the inside—if there was anything he knew about abandoned buildings, it was that exteriors could be incredibly deceiving. It could be a maze in there, or it could be just a few big rooms. He'd see in a moment, but for now he stayed back, surveying the village.

Sure enough, that proved a fruitful endeavor. Up came Zach Beck, someone Lucas did not really appreciate all that much. He looked, well, like he had been through a lot, and he was holding something incredibly dangerous, too. A foam Minecraft sword probably wouldn't do much against that thing. Would it have done anything in the actual game of Minecraft? Were there weird swords with teeth in Minecraft that looked like they could chew through you like you were made of paper? Probably not, right? It didn't matter. Lucas killed the train of thought. Squashed it like a bug. Here was Zach, and here was a weird fucking toothy sword thing, and here was a situation Lucas didn't like at all.

"Hey, Zach," he said, briefly glancing back at the group, "we're, um, just uh, exploring. Found, uh. A corpse."

He took a couple steps backwards, putting him closer to the rest of the group.
Catche Jagger

Post by Catche Jagger »

Sean and Desiree had entered shortly after him and had also seemingly been struck by the sight of the corpse.

It turned out to be Desiree who acted first, stepping forward and pulling the blanket back over Violet. That was probably the best thing that any of them could realistically have done considering the circumstance, and Thomas tried not to dwell on that.

It was then that Thomas heard voices coming from back outside, one of them belonging to Lucas and the other to… someone else, hard to make out. With Lucas out there alone with nothing but a foam sword, Thomas couldn’t help but feel a bit concerned.

“Hey, um, you guys should probably have a look around. I think… I think I’m gonna go check on Lucas for a sec.” Thomas spoke slowly, turning to the other two and tightening his grip on the gun.

As he turned around to leave the room, the boy suddenly remembered something important.

“Oh and, um, if you find any pens or pencils or whatever, can you let me know? I was hoping to, you know, make a few notes.” He quickly added before moving out.

He still intended to figure out some sort of detailed escape plan, but the gathering of dark clouds in the sky had left him with a foreboding feeling. Maybe that was the other measure the terrorists had against the starting of fires: the very ecosystem of the island they were trapped on.

He quickly pushed such thoughts away as he caught sight of Lucas and another boy whose name he recalled as Zach, holding a real-looking sword-thing. The interaction seemed casual enough, but one probably couldn't be too sure out here, particularly now that everyone knew how messed up things could get. Taking a breath, Thomas stepped forward, gun lowered but still in clear view.

“Hey, um, nice to see another friendly face.” Thomas stepped forward, trying to call on all his acting practice to exude a friendly aura and not keep looking at the guy’s weapon.

“Everything going alright out here?” He asked, turning to look at Lucas, his gaze careful, considered.
[+] sig
[+] V7
ImageB078 - Thomas Buckley: "Holy- yes, I am scared because I am not ignorant to the world around me. What the fuck are you talking about ‘am I scared’?”

ImageB079 - Colin McCabe: “Hey you murderous prick! Tell me how the fucking dirt tastes!”
#1 Uriel Hunter stan

"I'm refined, I'm cultured. I'm a fashionista. I'm everything you're not and never will be." - Ali Grayston, 2006
Ohm

Post by Ohm »

For a second it felt time stood perfectly still for Sean as he stared at the corpse of Violet Quinn. He didn't know her that well outside of how she dressed at school and she liked photography. A few basic things is all he knew about the girl posed on the bed in front of him. And posed she was, sure as shit didn't die with arms cross her chest.

It didn't make her look at peace at all. It felt more like a mockery of it.

In a way she reminded him of this morning, of listening to Ty being listed twice as killer. He's doing stuff similar to this, minus the respect to her corpse or whatever substituted for respect in this place.

Soon a voice was heard outside, Sean felt that he should recognise it, but it was hard to make out whilst inside the infimary. Someone was out there and Lucas was the one out dealing with them. Not the best person for that job.

Soon Thomas walked out telling them what to do whilst also going to deal with this person, also someone Sean would describe as not the best person for this job, but he figured, hey, two socially awkward dudes couldn't make a problem out there.

Probably.

"Alright then, let's get this done." He said as he looked over at Desiree.
[+] V6
G019 Serena Waters
The Past:
Island:
Meanwhile:
Dannyrulx:
Memories:
1-2
Pregame:
1-2
Sadie Hawkins Dance:
1-2
Island:
1-2
Adoption:
3-4-5-6-7-8
[+] V7
B026 Sean Leibowitz
Image Image
1-2-3-4-5-6-7
Skraal:
1-2-3-4-5
Adoption:
6-7-8-9
1-2-3
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

Desiree nodded at Sean's words before pulling away from the now shapeless figure on the table. It felt somewhat disrespectful just leaving her like this, but this must of been the wishes of whoever was here last in her final moments. It was right to leave her in peace.

Anyway, right, the mission: weapons first, paper second. Whatever was going on outside seemed like Lucas and Thomas could both take care of it, so it was up to Desiree and Sean to raid the place.

There was another room with its door wide open facing the hallway. That was probably the best place to start. "I'll, uh..." she started, her eyes drifting to Violet again before returning to Sean, "...I'll check over there if you wanna take care of this room." And then she walked away.

Shelves and cabinets lined up the walls of this room, with no illumination other than the single window trickling in light onto the dust particles floating around.

Desiree walked the length of the room, opening the cabinets and searching high and low on the shelves for anything of use. But other than a couple of empty bottles and vials with faded labels, there was nothing. Nada.

"Uhm... you see anything?" she called out to Sean, placing a hand on the dusty shelving before immediately pulling back and wiping the grime on her shirt.
Ryuki

Post by Ryuki »

“Fan-fucking-tastic,” Zach said, disgusted.

After what had happened in the lighthouse, Zach was not in any mood to see anyone else’s corpse. He then noticed Lucas took a few steps back. Made sense, considering Zach was the one with an actual weapon and not a toy. Seriously though, plastic lightsabers, foam Minecraft swords? Some of these guys were getting the shit end of the stick.

That’s when Thomas came out of the infirmary, gun in hand. He wasn’t sure if Thomas knew how to shoot it, but Zach had to make sure he could keep things as smooth as possible.

“Hey, look,” Zach said, raising his right hand, still keeping his left hand on the sword’s hilt, “I’m not here to fuck shit up. I was just looking for a place to rest.”

He glanced down at his weapon and looked back at the boys.

“As for this,” he continued, pointing down at the sword, “I just found it.”

He kept out the details over how he “found” it, thinking it would keep suspicion at a minimum.

“By the way,” Zach spoke again, “is Sean with you guys? I thought I saw him.”
[+] V7
Mains
Image B018: Ned Jackson- That’s All Folks
Image G039: Yuki Hayashibara- Family is Forever
Image B034: Zachary Beck- Guess I’ll Die
MethodicalSlacker

Right. He found it. Hey, fuck you, kid, that didn't cut it around here. Either it was what you woke up with, or it was something you stole off a corpse or traded for or whatever the fuck. "Found it" didn't work unless you said when and where. Thank the non-existent god that Thomas showed up, though, because things were getting pretty intense. Regardless of whether or not Thomas knew how to use his gun, or whether or not he had fired it before, it looked like a scary enough get-the-fuck-out-of-my-face deterrent to wave around in case things got heated or dicey or turning to a brawl.

"If you're looking for a place to rest," Lucas said, "you probably won't find it in there, next to a corpse, or with us guys rooting around. You can wait until we're done, if you'd like, because I don't know—"

He turned and looked at Thomas.

"—how long we were planning to stay in there for?"

The Sean question was weird. These two were...friends? No, were they enemies? Did Zach have a score to settle with Sean? It couldn't be something that happened on the island because Sean had been with them the whole time, so it must've been a trip thing, or some other kind of beef.

He left it up to Thomas to say something about Sean. He could make the call.
[+] Recommended Reading Order
—The Heaven Panel—

Image / Image - G051: Lili Williams: 1. Kidnapped from her school trip and thrown into a horrific death game, Lili wanders the wasteland in search of her past life before it slides away from her for good.

Meanwhile 1. From Here On Out [Complete] Marie Bernstein eats ice cream with her friend and gets a text message.

Image / Image - B043: Arthur Bernstein: 2. Arthur watches the waters from the beach, knowing that their presence spells death. Seeking his sister's comfort, he takes up the spear and walks alongside another.

Meanwhile 2. Colorless [Complete] A family reunion under less than ideal circumstances. When trying to unravel the mystery of her brother's death at the hands of esoteric serial terrorists, Marie discovers more than she bargained for.

——The Earth Panel——

𝄇

Image - G026: Liberty "Bert" Wren: 3. It is happening again. To make things right, Bert must understand where things went wrong.

Image - B049: Max Rudolph: 4. The words we use to construct our realities often also make up the links in our chains. Fleeing a vision, Max builds his most elaborate prison yet.

Image - B032: Lucas Diaz: 5. A life lived through the views of others. In pursuit of revenge and his own death, Lucas Diaz interrupts the falling of many dominos.

Meanwhile 3. Because We Love You [Complete] Selections from a Google Drive, never to be logged into again.

Meanwhile 4. The Lines We Draw [Complete] In the process of collecting his brother's memories, Milo Diaz has a fitful morning.

Image - G007: Violet Schmidt: 6. The stars in the night sky do not make pictures. Breathing on both sides of the water, Violet Schmidt journeys to escape the confines of her own mind, and her reality.

Meanwhile 5. Years of Pilgrimage [???] Dana Schmidt is dreaming.

Meanwhile 6. Colorless II [Ongoing] Charlie Bernstein returns to the desert and finds it empty.

Meanwhile 7. Writing the Enigma [Ongoing] Randy Rudolph provides lodgings for Marie Bernstein as she investigates Survival of the Fittest, the city of Chattanooga, and the meaning of water.
———The Hell Panel———

𝄌
¿

[+] Other Threads
Virtual Pilgrimage: Exploring the Pregame Cities of SOTF
Catche Jagger

Post by Catche Jagger »

Shortly after Thomas entered the little chat, Zach gave some real dodgy explanation of his sword-thing. Well, at least there wasn’t going to be some worry about this guy being a master manipulator or anything. Still, him being a clear liar while also being the only armed non-Thomas person here wasn’t exactly a comfort.

“Yeah, Lucas is right about the body and such. Probably, you know, not an ideal roommate.” He affirmed at Lucas’s statements, before being a bit surprised as the guy laid the notion of how long they’d be staying at his feet.

Not the best question to be raised at this very moment, considering possible troublesome company. Thanks, Lucas.

“I assumed we’d be, you know, discussing what to do next, what we all wanted and all that, after we had this place checked out. Like, a discussion.” Thomas explained his feelings earnestly.

He’d have to figure out by that point how to float the idea of escape without making it clear to their viewing audience. There alight nervous tremble in his free hand, again, a which point the boy quickly balled it into a fist and shoved it into his pocket.

You don’t want Zach getting more antsy than he already is.

“Anyway, yeah, Sean’s inside. I can show you to him, or whatever.” He explained, gesturing towards the Infirmary entrance with his head and maintaining a soft smile. There wasn't any direct reason to assume ill-intent in Zach seeking out Sean, and if it turned out things were more heated than he thought... he had a deterrent on hand.
[+] sig
[+] V7

#1 Uriel Hunter stan

Ohm

Post by Ohm »

Desiree agreed and went off into the other room. Sean reckoned the body of Quinn had spooked her pretty bad and she didn't want to be in the same room as it in her search. He couldn't fault her for that, the only thing he'd begrude her for is that he didn't think to do that.

It didn't help his search so much either, her body on the body felt so eerie and unreal to him that he stayed away from her bed as he searched the area in an admittely half-assed manner. The faster this was done, the faster he can get out to fresh air again.

Soon he found himself underneath the beds to see if there was anything he could find. Well, most of the beds anyway. There was not much he could see, even with his lighter in hand as he looked.

He could hear the unclear voices having a discussion of sorts outside, as long as he didn't hear any gunshots then they were good noices in his book.

Soon he heard Desiree call out from the other room. "Nothing much here, honestly." He said as he stood up from the floor and started dusted himself off.
[+] V6
G019 Serena Waters
The Past:
Island:
Meanwhile:
Dannyrulx:
Memories:
1-2
Pregame:
1-2
Sadie Hawkins Dance:
1-2
Island:
1-2
Adoption:
3-4-5-6-7-8
[+] V7
B026 Sean Leibowitz
Image Image
1-2-3-4-5-6-7
Skraal:
1-2-3-4-5
Adoption:
6-7-8-9
1-2-3
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

Seemed like the search was going about as well for Sean as it was for Desiree. Figures.

Desiree crossed her arms and lightly kicked one of the support columns for the shelves. And then she wandered back over to the window, squinting her eyes as she got a better look outside.

Thomas and Lucas were clear in view talking with that manlet Zach who every fucking comedian in the school joked about being related to her just because they shared the same last name. She couldn't get a clear idea of what they were saying and resolved to just watch from the other side of the window, shifting her feet around on the creaky floorboards.

And then there was a glint, a faint reflection at her in the corner of her eye below the shelves that called for her like she was a fucking crow. She crouched to get a better look.

A single shiny nondescript metal pen was jutting out from just underneath the lowest shelf. Desiree picked it up and spun it in her hand, blowing and rubbing the accumulated dust off. She wondered...

She pressed her body against the ground, reaching her hand underneath the shelves as far as it could reach.

Her hand contacted something boxy and cardboard, with an opening facing her with sticks spilled out towards her side. She drew the box to her.

Yep. Pens. With an s.

She grinned with a light chuckle. "I found pens!" she shouted back to Sean.

She got up and shuffled to the window, prying it open with some elbow grease. "Thomas!" she shouted, waving one hand back and forth while the other displayed the box of pens in clear view.

Return to “Infirmary”