Mao Tse Tung Said

Mao Tse Tung said (Change must come (through the barrel of a gun)) (((JUANSHOT)))

Unlike the east side of the village, the west side of the housing has remained in much the same condition it was left in. The houses here are all in the same state as they were when they were first built, the identical houses all sitting in identical rows with the only difference being their color. The interior of the houses all share the same layout, with a shared living area/kitchen and a separate bedroom. The state of these rooms is surprisingly clean and consistent throughout the western side of the village as well, with all the beds appearing to have been made and the houses tidied, with chairs tucked into the kitchen table before the residents departed.

Thread limit: 2
Kermit

Mao Tse Tung Said

Post by Kermit »

This wasn't great.

This could've also been worse.

(Valerija Bogdanovic: START)

Aleks was home. Jordan was home. Artem was home.

Gina was here. Abel was here.

Still not good.

Val looked up at a camera, idly holding the pickelhaube she'd been assigned as a weapon. She inhaled sharply and felt herself tear up a bit.

"Jordan, Aleks, Artyem... Mom," She closed her eyes. She was all her mom had left. " - Everyone at home; don't blame yourselves for this. This isn't... wasn't your fault. Don't let this define you. Keep going. Live for us.

"To everyone watching this from Chattanooga: please, for your own sake, stop. Turn off your computers. Whatever happens here, you're better off not knowing."

She turned away. Everything from here on out was for the terrorists to see.

___

People didn't just kidnap and murder hundreds of people for no reason. There had to be a motive beyond murder for the sake of murder. SOTF had too many moving parts to be the work of madmen.

The motive wasn't financial either; as far as Val knew there hadn't been any ransom demands. It had to be ideological - but not in a radical or reactionary way - this was too methodical to be the work of zealots. Too smart.

That left one possibility. The terrorists had to be trying to prove some kind of point. Whatever their point was, they hadn't done it yet - otherwise why would they still be attacking? Pulling off a kidnapping and mass murder at this scale presumably took an incredible amount of resources. The terrorists couldn't be doing this for nothing. They had to have some kind of endgame.

The first six attacks all ended the same way: they ran through to their conclusions. In the end, every previous class did what the terrorists told them to. If the goal of the terrorists was to show that humanity was evil by nature or whatever, they'd already done that by the time the first attack ended. It made no sense that they'd kill a further thousand people after reaching their goal, which brought Val back to the question of what the terrorist's goals actually were.

If the none of the six previous SOTFs had proven the terrorist's points, then that meant the point they were trying to make wasn't that humanity was evil. The previous classes had never tried not killing, and the goals of the terrorists had gone unfulfilled.

It all clicked. She'd figured it out.

Val looked back up at the camera. She smiled.

They didn't want the kids to kill each other. They wanted them to not kill each other.

She walked away, placing the pickelhaube atop her head. Every movement needed a symbol.

(Valerija Bogdanovic continued in Deep Red Bells)
[+] v7
[+] Michael Froese
Michael Froese - The story of an identity; the story of a matador; the story of a liar; the story of a junkie; the story of a very special frog; the story of a jackal; the story of an oscillator; the story of a ghost; the story of the death of an author; the story of a bunch of other stuff.

THREADS!

PREGAME: Mad world - This...this felt nice. - Michael was incredibly disappointed in himself for actually agreeing to go do something with Beryl. - He wasn't actually all that sorry. - Part of him was worried his real motivation wasn't self-torturing altruism but instead the fact that it was one of the few things that still made him feel.

ISLAND:
Michael and all of his friends were going to be footnotes in a history textbook. - he was folding in on himself like a four-dimensional object in three-dimensional space - Everything was about pain, fear, and love. - "Gave them our reactions, our explosions, all that was ours; For graphs of passion, and charts of stars." - He had a duty to look into someone's eyes as he killed them. - Closure really did sound like nothing at all. - "I wish we were lovers, but it's for the best." - Michael Froese the award-winning murderer. That was who he was now. - "I wanted to lose myself." - "Good and bad, all roads lead to Rome and I just, it hurts too much to be a good person." - "Somewhere out there in the deep blue sea, there's this whale." - "...It's harder to be yourself than it is to be anybody else." - "The neighbors, they adored him for his humor and his conversation. Look underneath the house there, find the few living things, rotting fast in their sleep; oh, the dead," - He gave her a big hug. He buried his head in her shoulder, feeling her cold, spongy, rubbery skin against his forehead. She had no eyes. She had no face. Something had eaten her face. - Michael Froese was a crazy person with a gun. - Validation. - "You don't live in a goddamned movie." - "I miss what it's like to be, like, actually alone." - "Market data inconsistent. Cantor API problem. Trading system offline," - Michael didn't want this. It wasn't like that'd stop him. - "I'm wide awake, it's morning." - He was a spree killer now, he supposed. - When he gave his word, he was giving nothing. - The fact they even existed was being politicized. - "BERYL FUCKING MAHELONA. TELL ME WHAT YOU DID TO BERYL MAHELONA," - 'Am I gray?' - A beach covered in unidentified decedents. - He'd never felt anything unconditionally. - "Look around you, you're surrounded.
It won't get any better. And so, goodnight."
[+] Valerija Bogdanovic
The story of a (failed) revolutionary.

THREADS!

PREGAME: August 12th, 2017 - The explosive sound of metal hitting metal

ISLAND:
She turned away. Everything from here on out was for the terrorists to see. - "All of us, we have the chance to actually do something with our lives." - The students were the shark in the box. - Complacency was festering like a tumour. - "She's right. It won't - it won't change anything," - Scraped into the wall, in neatly-styled lettering, the words "If they won't live in peace, then they'll die for peace." - Val needed a gun, - "I do not care for violence without a point," she stated. "My gun is not loaded." - "Juliette, I'm sure you already know this, but you really should take pains to be careful around people who speak only in enthymemes." - "Someone once said, 'Change must come with the barrel of a gun', and they were not wrong." - Two explosions.
destroy the UN08/03/2019
Micheal experienced super position wherein he was both Beryl and he was Beryl's RP site quote. He was sure he could be happy about this but he no longer knew what happiness meant.

Return to “West Housing”