who was gonna love me? who was gonna touch me?

The east side of the community housing shows the wear of abandonment. The wilderness has started to reclaim the land the village was built on, meaning that many of the houses furthest from the center have become overgrown with vines and plants. The frequency of tropical storms has had a more noticeable impact on this side of the village as well. Some of the houses have been hit with debris from uprooted trees, while others have been torn asunder by a combination of debris, rain and wind. This has left a scattering of large wooden boards painted various colors across the entire area.

Thread limit: 2
Somersault

who was gonna love me? who was gonna touch me?

Post by Somersault »

((Tonya Collins, continued from Rakshasa Country))

Even now, more than fucking ever, Tonya still wasn't gonna face the cameras. Still wasn't gonna let them see her. She wasn't a weak bitch. Wasn't a pussy who'd just roll over and die. She was strong, wasn't she?

God, she'd never felt more like a weak-ass punk.

At no point in her life had Tonya had this much free time. There was always something to do-customers to usher in, meals to cook, babies' cry to quiet. Constant action, sure, but a constant routine, one more hamster wheel going 'round just running and running, never stopping so the hamster'd never know he was still kept in the fucking cage. Still fenced in by indifferent eyes and white-ass hands, watching for some shit.

She didn't know what kinda shit, really, so she was just gonna leave it like that. Wasn't as if she was able to guess at it before, and so what point was there at trying now? Boiled down to the old shame, quirks in eyes or in lips, always rounding another corner to end up back in Shitsville.

She breathed. Her nose felt clogged, her eyes felt crushed.

She wasn't, no, she wasn't, because she -

Out of the ramshackle house, a scream echoed out, waves of pure anger rushing through, until it slowed, steady drip just like the tap.

Little shouts, little ones to distract from the sniffling. Sneaker-covered feet slowly straightened themselves, bringing legs back up standing, just like that.

Tonya grabbed a bandanna from her bag, tied it as a headband, light fingers making light work when every single other fucking thing was stone. Patty. Patty. Patty.

For her, right? For her. For her.

With a shaking step, machete handle almost burning in her hand, bag slung back on, Tonya stepped back out into the rain, into the night. She knew who she was walking for now.

For her.

For the girl who never got a chance to be a kid.

She'd be damned if all these sons o' bitches understood that.

((Tonya Collins, continued elsewhere))
[+] mona lisas and mad hatters
ImageImageImageImage
Appearance Tracker!
[+] a soiled dove finding herself
Image Tonya Collins - Got messy. - Unpretty - TLC
Memories: Child
Pregame: Rain
Prom: Honey
Trip: Furbies
Island: Girl - Way - Delicious - Rakshasa
Tonya by Irina!
Tonya by Ryuki!
[+] a damsel no longer
Image Kelly Nguyen: Couldn't claw back up. - 1234 - Feist
Memories:
Pregame: Universe - Puppies
Trip: Interesting
Island: Holiday - Play - Down - Robot - Unicorn
Kelly by Mimi!
Kelly by Ryuki!
[+] a sheriff trying to keep the peace
Image Adele Jones: Believed. - Good As Hell - Lizzo
Adele by Mimi!
Adele by Ryuki!
Memories:
Pregame: Chartreuself - Lair - Collisions
Trip: Down
Island: Hunger - Darwinism - Mario - Lucifer - House
[+] a cowboy looking for something to ride
ImageMike Brown: Spoke up. - Oh, What A World - Kacey Musgraves
Memories: Timog
Pregame:
Trip: Life
Island: Steady - Miles - Dive
Mike by Ryuki!
[+] tumbleweeds
[+] the town crier whispered
Image Keisha Higgins-Bell - Scouring out her next scoop. - Q.U.E.E.N. - Janelle Monae and Erykah Badu
Memories: President - Misery
Pregame: Talmbout - Time
Meanwhile: Wings - Persuasion - Everything
Keisha by Mimi!
Keisha by Ryuki!
Keisha by Kotori!
[+] v8
Ji-won "Daniel" Song is just praying along. - I know that you're a sucker for anything acoustic.
Anna-Lynn "Ashlei" Mercado is staying in the spotlight. - Hit or miss, I guess they never miss, huh?
DeDe Dixon is the best. Definitely.
Pari Shirazi has been wreaking havoc since 2000!
Abby Davis wants to be in the know.

Return to “East Housing”