We're Still Waiting for You to Show Your Chartreuself

Open

One of several malls located around the city, Harrison Central is a popular destination for those looking to shop or to just hang out. Its convenient proximity to several downtown tourist attractions and wide offering of stores both thrifty and high-end all but guarantees that it will often be crowded, full of bustle and energy.
Laurels

We're Still Waiting for You to Show Your Chartreuself

Post by Laurels »

((Tanisha Abbey continued from The Curse of Miss Celie))

"I'm waiting for it. That green light. I want it," Tanisha sang to herself as she shimmied her body into the dress.

She pulled it up, moving her arms through the armholes and up, adjusting it to cover her bra. She turned and looked at herself in the mirror. It was a bold color, one a little more bold than normal. It wasn't the normal color one would wear on this day, but even she had to find it a bit appealing. In a sea of green, she's stand out like a flower.

"Hmmm...." she muttered to herself.

Tanisha had one goal today: find a hot, affordable outfit to wear to the St. Patrick's Day party this Saturday. It was awesome that the holiday fell on a weekend this year, and while she had no Irish in her, Tanisha was down to celebrate the work of a saint. Plus, it meant she could head out shopping and spend the day at Harrison Central Mall. There were plenty of places to go, and Tanisha was sure to find something within her budget.

"Okay, I need a second opinion," she said aloud.

Tanisha opened the door to the dressing room, stepping out for her companion to see her dress. The dress was a sleeveless, knee-length dress that fanned out below the waist. It had a bit of a twirl to it and gave Tanisha plenty of room to move, which would be perfect since Tanisha wanted to whoop some ass on the dance floor at the party. Still, she had to ask her friend for help.

"So, I know this green ain't that four leaf clover green like all the other shit you see on St. Patrick's Day," Tanisha began, "but I think that since this green's a bit brighter and more neon, it might make me stand out and looks good with my skin tone. But I dunno, does it look too yellow to you? You think some fool will try to pinch my ass if I wear this color?"

Tanisha spun a bit in place, letting the bottom of the dress flutter a bit. She hoped her friend didn't think it was more yellow than green for St. Patrick's Day. Tanisha already felt pretty dope in it.
Melusine

Post by Melusine »

That wasn't the green but it was green, right? She wasn't sure, at least she knew it was a color she had seen before on a school shirt.

((Angie continued from that place.))

She couldn't name the color exactly. It was a pretty color, it looked vibrant. It also looked very summery and, to be honest, it looked great on Tanisha. Angie wasn't sure if she could pull that off, along with the glimmer-gradient-rainbow top she had been searching for to no avail.

While the dress was gorgeous on her friend, she questioned if it was really a Saint Patrick's day's color. It was green but also a bit yellow, not the neon one Tanisha had just mentioned. Angie bit the inside of her lips as she looked at her.

"I don't know if it's Saint Patrick's enough but I think it looks good on you."

It lacked the neon green, the green that screamed "I am not Irish but I want to get drunk". Yep, that was the issue. The green that she was wearing was pretty, a perfect green for her skin tone. It was a bit yellow but just enough to make her standout and look unique. There was just a lack of that horrid green that burned through the retina.

She smiled after pausing her mind for a second, remembering Mercy's words. She nodded with enthusiasm then croak a sentence out.

"They might sell Saint Patrick's accessories somewhere like at Claire's? I mean you can go like that you look gorgeous but we could get you like "kiss me I'm Irish" hat or whatever."

She waved away at that part of that sentence. She was about 86% sure that Tanisha wasn't part Irish, but it wasn't much of a problem. There was probably something more appropriate for her.

"Or maybe like a slutty neon green choker."
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

"Yeah, I can accessorize with the kelly green," Tanisha said to Angie. "Hell, I bet I can get a ton at Claire's since they're shutting down. Can probably take a whole fixture home, too."

Tanisha looked at herself in the dressing room mirror, spinning in place with her hands on her hips. This dirty highlighter color was pretty good on her, and she could think of how to accessorize. There was one error with Angie's statement.

"Girl, you know I love to look like a slut, but chokers are not for me. I mean, I don't even have a neck. Where's it going to lay, Chin #3?"

Tanisha tilted her head back. Yeah, despite how slutty and cool chokers were, she probably couldn't pull it off.

"Besides, I can still wear a long chain that draws the eyes down to Tia and Tamera," she said, putting her hands on her breasts. "That's still slutty, right?"
Melusine

Post by Melusine »

Angie couldn't help to let out a giggle. It was too funny to restrain it. She always felt kinda weird when Tanisha made jokes about her weight, Angie was conscious that she was herself considered curvy and Tanisha was beating Angie to every curves on her body. Angie still giggled at the comment, she was never sure what was okay and what was not okay to say.

"Mhm," she still laughed trying to say something, "I mean, I guess."

Looking like a slut was Tanisha's talent. She could slut it up with a potato bag and a Friday the 13th's guy's mask, if she was a superhero, she'd be Superslut. Angie was only a sidekick in that endeavour, pushing Tanisha towards outfits and accessories. The superhero and the sidekick meant they needed evil counterparts.

Tanisha grabbed her boobs and she was surprised that Tanisha named them. Angie should do that do, her parents would be grandparents and they would so happy. She giggled at that thought, she liked shopping with Tanisha. She was this little ray of sunshine who never failed to make Angie laughed or smiled. Even if things were rough sometimes, the Angie & Tanisha Shopping Session always managed to cheer her up. She smiled and answered her question,

"Mhm, eh, we can totally get you a necklace that just," Angie pointed at her bosom, trying to mime what she was meaning, "ya' know, a boob piece?"  
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

"Yeah, yeah," Tanisha said. "Let me change back and then let's check this place's jewelry section. I think I'm going with this one."

Tanisha stepped back into the changing room and shut the door. She quickly began to take the dress off and put back on the purple one she came into the shop with. This had already been a good shopping experience, and Angie was definitely affirming Tanisha's style and ambitions when it came to themed shopping. She'd have to owe the girl a smoothie or something later.

Tanisha stepped out of the changing room fully dressed and with the chartreuse gown slung over one arm.

"Okay, I saw some chains and pendants over there," she said, pointing towards the jewelry sections of the shop. "Let's see what they got."
Melusine

Post by Melusine »

"Yay," she singsonged when she decided to keep that dress. It was very pretty and she was her opinion helped Tanisha to form an opinion about it. Angie loved shopping, there was no denying. There was something fun and exhilarating to walk around in a mall, pointing things and thinking about buying them. She didn't have a lot of money so she couldn't spend a lot of it, but that was part of the fun. Picking what to buy and what not to buy was part of the game, saving up money for the next occasion.

And it was jewelry time! Angie needed a new necklace. She wore chokers whenever she could but she didn't really enjoy them. She didn't like the feeling of a foreign object wrapping itself around her neck. It made her feel trapped, stuck in a situation she couldn't control. Necklaces were fun because of that. They were more slack.

Tanisha pointed the direction and Angie headed that way. She took slow steps so that Tanisha who was carrying a pretty dress could make sure she didn't drop it. She arrived at the one of the necklace stands. Angie's eyes scanned the stand. She didn't want something that looked cheap. It was a bit ironic, especially in this store. She wanted a necklace that wouldn't give her a rash, basically.

Her eyes fell on a kelly green necklace and her head turned toward Tanisha. Angie smiled as she pointed it. It had a four-leaf clover dandling from the silver chain. Angie found it pretty. If Tanisha wasn't buying, Angie would probably get her hands on it. She still pointed and looked at Tanisha, she needed more than she did, her selfish need of pretty jewelry could be sustained by the pretty golden heart beside. She spoke her mind as she looked at Tanisha.

"Would that work? I think it looks good."
Somersault

Post by Somersault »

Shopping was one of Adele's great loves, but one that she didn't ever really get the time to enjoy. Perhaps that was only because it fell behind her activism work, swimming, the range, writing, college prep, and choir on her list of extra curricular priorities, but it was still up there in the top 10, which was hugely important territory. Right now, though, shopping was a means to an end, that end being the big AF St. Patty's day party coming up around the block.

Adele Jones - Pregame START

So okurr, maybe it wasn't super cool with the big man up above to shopping for body-hugging attire while dressed in her Sunday best, but she was her own woman, and it wasn't as if she had just forgotten Jesus. Why, her cross necklace was proudly on display as she strutted around in her white cardigan, dress and flats. The Lord was her guide, the Lord was her shepherd, and the Lord was going to help her pick out the perfect outfit. All in a day's work, and all in God's plan.

Besides, it wasn't as if Adele had just suddenly decided to renounce Jesus and live a life of sin or whatever. Her family had just gone to Mass on a wack-ass day, ostensibly for family bonding but actually for God-knows-what, and she had out and out told her parents that she was gonna go clothes-shopping. Not that she told them it was gonna be clothes for a party where people got lit as all hell, but it was chill. She wasn't the one getting fucked up; she was the one who helped drive those poor souls back home after they finished regretting their poor life choices over the toilet. Perhaps it wasn't as fun, but it helped her feel better later that night, finishing that last scrap of work. No hangover, no problem. Maybe a few little sips here and there, but nursing drinks had now become part of her party skill repertoire. Designated driving, polite deflection, and stealthily disposing of her drink in the trash can. All part and parcel of the experience.

Maybe it was a bit too early to be thinking about after the party when the planning for the party itself was still on going, though, and so she turned her attention back to the dozens of stores that stood in front of her, moving to the side slightly to avoid the swinging entrance doors.

Now, it was time for the here and now, and for her to absentmindedly scroll through her phone as she walked past store after store. Even if she did find something real cute today, it'd probably be best if she discussed it with the Titty Brigade. Coordination and all that, you know? Best to do things all together, or at least so they didn't wear the same outfit as some other chick. That would not end well, and Adele was trying to end her senior year on a positive note, not one that ended with her parents looking disapprovingly at her while she was stuck in a holding cell.

Prudence was good, wasn't it? At the very least, it stopped people from committing a number of eternal regrets, which was good on the whole. Anyways, there was no party if there were no party clothes, and so she scanned the mall once more, looking for a clothing store that caught her eye. Something that was low-cost, without being cheap. Something that was alluring, without being too slutty. And of course, something that made her feel like herself, not like she was forced out of her own skin.

She pondered that for a bit more before her eyes caught on two figures in a shop just up ahead, lips naturally curling up into a smile. If she was right, there was Tanisha, and there was Angie, and that meant there was a very happy Adele. If anyone knew what would be a good luck for this party, those two bishes would. Tanisha, because if there was anyone who knew how to flaunt a full-bodied figure with pizzazz and style it was her, and Angie was just real chill to be around. Not so much when she had to puke her guts out, but she was a girl that Adele would never hesitate to hold back hair for.

Waving as she approached the store with phone in hand, Adele beamed, teeth gleaming. Surely, her shopping trip was about to get a whole lot more colorful.
[+] mona lisas and mad hatters
ImageImageImageImage
Appearance Tracker!
[+] a soiled dove finding herself
Image Tonya Collins - Got messy. - Unpretty - TLC
Memories: Child
Pregame: Rain
Prom: Honey
Trip: Furbies
Island: Girl - Way - Delicious - Rakshasa
Tonya by Irina!
Tonya by Ryuki!
[+] a damsel no longer
Image Kelly Nguyen: Couldn't claw back up. - 1234 - Feist
Memories:
Pregame: Universe - Puppies
Trip: Interesting
Island: Holiday - Play - Down - Robot - Unicorn
Kelly by Mimi!
Kelly by Ryuki!
[+] a sheriff trying to keep the peace
Image Adele Jones: Believed. - Good As Hell - Lizzo
Adele by Mimi!
Adele by Ryuki!
Memories:
Pregame: Chartreuself - Lair - Collisions
Trip: Down
Island: Hunger - Darwinism - Mario - Lucifer - House
[+] a cowboy looking for something to ride
ImageMike Brown: Spoke up. - Oh, What A World - Kacey Musgraves
Memories: Timog
Pregame:
Trip: Life
Island: Steady - Miles - Dive
Mike by Ryuki!
[+] tumbleweeds
[+] the town crier whispered
Image Keisha Higgins-Bell - Scouring out her next scoop. - Q.U.E.E.N. - Janelle Monae and Erykah Badu
Memories: President - Misery
Pregame: Talmbout - Time
Meanwhile: Wings - Persuasion - Everything
Keisha by Mimi!
Keisha by Ryuki!
Keisha by Kotori!
[+] v8
Ji-won "Daniel" Song is just praying along. - I know that you're a sucker for anything acoustic.
Anna-Lynn "Ashlei" Mercado is staying in the spotlight. - Hit or miss, I guess they never miss, huh?
DeDe Dixon is the best. Definitely.
Pari Shirazi has been wreaking havoc since 2000!
Abby Davis wants to be in the know.
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Tanisha looked over the jewelry that Angie showed her. A four leaf clover charm would be appropriate for St. Patrick's Day, and Tanisha was sure it would be kosher to wear it any other time. Tanisha didn't really believe too much in good luck charms or anything like that. Life was a little too random, and no amount of sheer willpower and belief in weird relics and items could truly change the course of the tides. Plus, if she was only guaranteed a certain amount of luck in one lifetime, Tanisha would rather it be doled out in good increments when she needed it.

"Yeah, it's cute," Tanisha said. "I'm kinda surprised this place doesn't have more green jewelry. Although, at some of these prices, maybe some of this stuff will make your skin green."

Tanisha looked over the display, but as she did, she noticed someone approaching. Tanisha smiled and let out a cheer.

"Hey, Delly!" she said as she saw Adele approach. "What's up, girl?"

Tanisha hurried over to her good girlfriend, arms outstretched for a big bear hug. With 2/3 of the Titty Brigade here, this shopping trip was become a lot more fun.
Melusine

Post by Melusine »

Oh, it was Adele. Mmm, it's not that Angie wasn't happy to see her but she wasn't excited. Angie was enjoying the one-on-one moment with Tanisha and having a third person joining felt rather annoying and disturbed Angie's plans. She hoped Adele was going to be compliant to the plans already made like buying things and going to go eat somewhere. She kinda craved for some fries thinking about it.

What Angie did next was representative of her thoughts which she had already buried under a smile and a soft wave with an even softer "hey". She was still beside the necklaces stand, her body toward the two girls got closer. Angie's body rotated back toward the stand, looking through the necklaces. There was something weird about being detached from the social situation, something that rubbed Angie wrong as she looked the jewelry.

Her right hand wrapped around a golden heart with a silver chain. She wanted it. It was really pretty. While the heart was tiny, there was a small but proportional cross with angel wings in the middle. She found it, the perfect accessory. She couldn't help but smile. It was obviously cheap but it was pretty so she was fine with ignoring the fact it would probably break in a week or two.

She unhook the necklace and turned her body back toward the two friends. She stepped toward them with her prize between her fingers. She was about at two arms length away from the girls as she looked at them hug. Aw, a bear hug. Her favourite type of animal hug. She awkwardly stood there, waiting for Adele to reply to Tanisha's question.
Somersault

Post by Somersault »

"Girl, hey!"

Yeah, she was right, and that felt great! Not just because she was right (although that was a big part of it), but also because it meant that her day was going become a lot more crazy. In a good way. Singing in church was good and all, but sometimes a girl needed space to breathe. Wasn't as if malls were invented to go unused. Regardless of the reason, she was still beaming as she found herself enveloped by her friend's arms. The bear hug. Of course. Not that 'Nisha wasn't one of her main girls, but sometimes that space to breathe wasn't just metaphorical.

Still, she returned the embrace with glee. Over 60 percent of the Titty Brigade was now present in the mall, and that meant the mall was about to get 100 percent more explosive. In a good and totally legal way, of course. Adele may have enjoyed fun, but she enjoyed living a life on the right side of the law even more. All hugs had to come to an end at some point, however, and so she slowly removed her arms from around Tanisha. Hugging was great, but there were more things to be done.

"I mean, if y'all can't tell," She motioned, displaying her all-white outfit, "I just came from church with the fam."

Should've been pretty obvious, but she had been going through a bit of a white-clothing phase recently, so maybe it was excusable. Black as a slimming color? Sure, but screw that. She was making her fashion choices for herself, and no one else. Putting her phone into the pocket of her cardigan, she began to speak once more, waving over to Angie before doing so. Hopefully the other girl didn't feel too left out, although it wasn't as if it was really her own fault.

"Just came 'round to pick up some clothes for that Patty's Day Party. Where yat, though? "
ImageImageImageImage
Appearance Tracker!
Tonya by Irina!
Tonya by Ryuki!
[+] a damsel no longer
Memories:
Kelly by Mimi!
Kelly by Ryuki!
Adele by Mimi!
Adele by Ryuki!
Memories:
Pregame:
Mike by Ryuki!
[+] tumbleweeds
Image Keisha Higgins-Bell - Scouring out her next scoop. - Q.U.E.E.N. - Janelle Monae and Erykah Badu
Keisha by Mimi!
Keisha by Ryuki!
Keisha by Kotori!
[+] v8
Ji-won "Daniel" Song is just praying along. - I know that you're a sucker for anything acoustic.
Anna-Lynn "Ashlei" Mercado is staying in the spotlight. - Hit or miss, I guess they never miss, huh?
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Tanisha hugged the shit out of Adele. Tanisha always believed in giving a good, strong hug to anyone she had the pleasure of offering one to. Some people probably needed the comfort, while others just needed to know exactly how happen she was in that given moment to see them. As she saw it, a limp hug was too begrudging for her to dish out.

Once they broke, Adele mentioned that she came from church, and asked what they were doing.

"Oh girl, I did church earlier too," Tanisha said. "My dad always gets us there for the first service of the day. It's a holdover from having five young children at once. Get the faith early, then get out so he could get shit done before Monday rolled around."

"But otherwise, we're looking for St. Paddy's Day looks too. Check this out."

Tanisha held up the yellow-green dress.

"Angie and I think this looks good on me, and it stands out from the sea of Kelly Green that will be at this party. I mean, Kelly Green sounds like the name of a surly IRS agent, so I want to steer clear of that."

"But now we're just looking at jewelry. And we-oh shoot that's cute."

Tanisha had noticed the necklace Angie was holding. It had a lot of the icons Tanisha loved in necklaces: hearts, crosses, and wings. It was a good combo.

"But yeah. I'm looking for jewelry to look tastefully slutty. You got any thoughts, Adele?"
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

((Permission to GM Angie approved. Skipping order to exit because the Titty Signal has appeared in the skies and now the Titty Brigade must assemble.))

Turns out the best answer for Tanisha's jewelry concern was "go to another store." She could dig it.

Tanisha freely swung the bag containing her new dress as she approached Angie and Adele.

"Alright," she said. "Let's bounce."

Tanisha left the store pleased her St. Patrick's Day look was about 65% ready. Now she needed jewelry, hair styling, makeup, and the attitude to carry her through the party, which she was sure she had an abundance of.

((Angie Cortez continued elsewhere))

((Tanisha Abbey continued in i'm so 3008))
Somersault

Post by Somersault »

Adele nodded at Tanisha's choice of dress, raisin an eyebrow and smiling. Girl had it going, but now it was time for Adele to get some stuff of her own.

She followed the two other girls with a smile on her face.

((Adele Jones continued elsewhere))
ImageImageImageImage
Appearance Tracker!
Tonya by Irina!
Tonya by Ryuki!
[+] a damsel no longer
Memories:
Kelly by Mimi!
Kelly by Ryuki!
Adele by Mimi!
Adele by Ryuki!
Memories:
Pregame:
Mike by Ryuki!
[+] tumbleweeds
Keisha by Mimi!
Keisha by Ryuki!
Keisha by Kotori!
[+] v8

Return to “Harrison Central Mall”