Rays on Pinion

Open

Main Street is home to a wide range of retail outlets and food stops, ranging from the independent traders to nationwide chains such as Circle K and Carl's Jr. There is also a nearby Target outlet. Whether visitors are looking to check out the latest fashions, meet some friends for coffee on a sunny afternoon, or window shop at book or antique stores, Main Street has something for everyone.
Deamon

Rays on Pinion

Post by Deamon »

Hem in the seed
Water to salt
Salt to rai-
BEEP

((Cameron Herrig: Start))

Cameron's head snapped right to see a car sitting right in front of her. She offered up a sheepish grin and apologetic wave to the unamused driver and then quickly jogged the rest of way across the road. Nearly getting run over was really not the way to start things off. It was a good sign for the rest of the shopping trip. If Cameron was going to be honest, she didn't need to go shopping at all. But it beat being in the house. Her parents were in amazing form as roughly two bites into breakfast some argument had broken out over who had or hadn't done the washing the night before. Ever since they'd decided on divorcing the arguments had become more and more routine. Sadly even though it was becoming routine that didn't lessen the impact of hearing her parents yell their hate at one another. She unconsciously scratched her right wrist, feeling the scars of her time self-harming. A reminder of the last time.

Bad memories all around and her parents seemed intent on remixing it all in time for her final terms. They were always so considerate. So instead of staying stuck in her room Cameron had decided to escape by going shopping. Shopping for absolutely nothing, but it was better than being at home. She did have a mental list of places she wanted to go though. It was all of two shops long but that was hardly the point. If anything it was the most planning she'd done all week. First stop, as always, was the record store. The fact there was even a record store still going in Kingman was a minor miracle. But in terms of getting music that wasn't going to be in the big retail chains it was good, that may have been why it was still in business actually.

Pushing the door open Cameron stepped into the musical wonderland. It was a typical record store in every aspect, rows upon rows of CD's, sorted into genres, vinyls in the corner for people who liked to pretend they were old school and even some tapes, for people who were actually old school. Cameron smiled at the cashier and then made her way over into the metal section. She had the same routine every time. Metal, rock, alt, then vinyl's because sometimes you could find something they didn't have on CD but never tapes. The tape player in the basement had died on her the year prior and there was no way it was coming back. Instead she'd been working on trying to get her favourite tapes in either CD form or off iTunes. There were only a handful she really wanted, like Rust in Peace and that had been easy enough to find digitally but she really wanted it in CD form. So she started flicking through the CD's on display, looking for anything that seemed interesting. While making sure to keep an eye out for Rust in Peace of course.
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
Roberta “Robbie” Woodvine
[+] V7
G047 - Aliya Kimia Nemati - Blowgun w/ 10 Poison Darts - you're nobody till somebody kills you - "I just wanted to talk." - DEAD
G001 - Arizona Butler - Camping Stove - Dead Bxdies in the Lake Part II - ""We got there eventually." - DEAD
B046 - Bret Carter - Weighted Net - Swerve - "I'll just be on my way and we can all continue with our evenings." - DEAD
G022 - Forrest Quin - Ball-gag and handcuffs - DRUGS SAV3D MY LIF3 - "Abe-" - DEAD
RC†

Post by RC† »

((Alessio Rigano, continued from Silence is Golden))

Alessio barely buyed stuff from here, but he knew that it was a good shop. Al was not often here. He preferred to listen songs on the computer - on YouTube, particularly. Sometimes on his cellphone or his MP3-player as well. He didn't want to be in the shoes of the owner of the shop. It almost feels like CDs were dying out.

But this shop had so much good stuff here. From the Beatles to the Gaslight Anthem. Alessio stood in front of a shelf, with an album in his hand.

He thought he found a cool album for his collection. Or rather his father's. They shared it, to be honest. A physical collection of them, instead of some digital collection. Al had no iPhone, didn't need one, but he knew that Apple liked to delete songs. These bastards. And who knows. Maybe his songs get deleted someday as well. Maybe YouTube videos get deleted or blocked. Or worse, like an internet crash.

Owning CDs was definitely cooler. And safer. And more legal. Also, it's good for the artists! Kinda. Or for the company. Whatever.

And the album didn't seem that expensive either. Else he wouldn't have considered to buy it.

Hendrix Experience. Axis: Bold as Love.

27 Club, Woodstock, drugs, Psychedelic rock. And also the national anthem. That was Jimi Hendrix to Alessio. That was what he associated with him. And good songs, lots of good songs.

But Alessio had not heard every song of him yet. Definitely not enough. And not much besides his most known songs, to tell the truth. Out of the album he held in his hand, he just knew Bold as Love. He couldn't recall when he first heard it, probably YouTube, but he recalled it really sounding awesome. So buying this album would be a good way to find more similiar stuff to that. Albums in general were a good way to do that.

But, maybe there was cheaper stuff. Or maybe there's something he'd rather like to buy than that. He had to compare. This album was definitely on his "probably buy" list in his head. He looked around through the shelves. With the album in his hand, he wandered through the shop and-

Cameron.

Instant recognition. The guitarist of Peyote Coyote. Or rather the one that wasn't.

Vanessa.

They were best friends. And both played guitar well, although one had to say that Vanessa was definitely better, with her voice.

Cameron!

The girl was also looking for music, apparently. What should he do now? Ignore her? No way.

"Oh! Hi!"

He waved his hand, with a small smile. Didn't expect her here.

Al considered to quickly put the CD back into a shelf with the other hand. Maybe he wasn't going to buy it. But that'd be awkward.

So there he was, with the album in his hand. What will she think? Is he ignorant for not having heard all of Hendrix' albums? What if she hates Hendrix?

She was into stoner rock, though, that's what he could tell. Definitely. Like, why'd she be in the band, if she did not like it?

Peyote Coyote, the first stoner rock band he heard. They were amazing. Then, he got more interested in that genre and found bands like Soundgarden or Queens of the Stoneage.

But wait, this is the metal section.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler RC. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

There were a few interesting looking things but nothing that made her think she had to have it. Then she saw Torche's new album Restarter. She knew it was coming out at the beginning of the year but hadn't been expecting to see it in the store. She had to have it. There was no question. Cameron picked it up and started to look through the song list, she had heard a couple of them on YouTube and they were good. If the rest of the album was like them then it was a winner. Not that she doubted Torche, they were an amazing band and always released good stuff.

Cameron looked up when she heard someone greet her. She automatically assumed it was her because she was the only other living creature in the store that wasn't the cashier. The person greeting her was Al...Al...shit. She'd forgotten, it was a super awkward situation because he had actually been to their shows before. The first two letters of his name were A and L though. So Cameron was comfortable enough with just calling him Al and using that to coast through the conversation.

She waved back at him. "Hey Al. What you picking up?" She pointed at the CD he had in his hand as she spoke. "Hopefully it isn't One Direction, otherwise I'm going to have to ask you to stop talking to me." She grinned to make it obvious she was joking, although she did hope it wasn't One Direction or something like Cannibal Corpse. You had to set standards somewhere.
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
[+] V7
G047 - Aliya Kimia Nemati - Blowgun w/ 10 Poison Darts - you're nobody till somebody kills you - "I just wanted to talk." - DEAD
G001 - Arizona Butler - Camping Stove - Dead Bxdies in the Lake Part II - ""We got there eventually." - DEAD
B046 - Bret Carter - Weighted Net - Swerve - "I'll just be on my way and we can all continue with our evenings." - DEAD
G022 - Forrest Quin - Ball-gag and handcuffs - DRUGS SAV3D MY LIF3 - "Abe-" - DEAD
RC†

Post by RC† »

She was smiling, joking about One Direction. And then Alessio reacted by chuckling a little. So she was selective about the album he had with him. Luckily, Hendrix was nothing like One Direction.

Okay, he could lie. Maybe he doesn't have Hendrix, but some awesome metal band in his hand, like...Metallica. No, he shouldn't lie. Especially in case she finds out, which is super probable. Don't risk anything. Tell the truth.

"Nah, I was just picking up the newest Justin Bieber album."

Was that even a thing? Wasn't that dude in jail or so?

But joking back seemed like a good idea. Wait, what if she takes it serious. She'll tell Vanessa. And things will be fucked up. Seriously fucked up.

A quick smile, then Al quickly showed the cover of the Hendrix album towards the direction of Cameron.

"Uh, this. Hendrix. Bold as Love."

Problem solved, hopefully. Unless she liked Justin Bieber, which would be bad. Maybe mentioning him was also a dumb idea. Oh god, that was a bad move.

"And you?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler RC. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

He almost had her when he said he had a Justin Bieber. Turned out it was just Hendrix, Cameron could appreciate that. It was a good album and the cover art alone was worth the price of admission. It was no Are You Experienced or Electric Ladyland but still very good.In short Cameron approved.

"Good choice." She said with a smile. Holding up the Torche CD so Al could see it as part of her answer for his question. "It's Torche's new album. I'm a big fan of them so it was cool to find."

She span the CD between her palms as she thought about what to say. It was awkward because she had never really spoken to Al and had no idea what he was like as a person.

"So anyway, what kind of music do you like? Anything in particular or just a bit of everything?"
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
[+] V7
RC†

Post by RC† »

Awesome, she smiled!

"Primarly rock! But I don't mind other genres."

Al stared at the cover, it looked interesting. It was drawn in a cartoony style and it had trees. Maybe it was a concept album. No idea what genre Torche was, though.

Alessio was about to ask what her favourite genres were, but it was clear, as they were in the metal section. And it also explained the unasked question what genre Torche was.

So he asked something different instead, while pointing with the index finger at her, with the palms up.

"Uh, you really play the guitar well! Do you have a fave guitarist or so?"

Maybe the Torche guitarist. Who knows.
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

Favorite guitarist, Cameron tapped the CD case against her chin as she thought about her response. Wes Borland was one everyone thought of thanks to the body painting, but she'd never made that connection until after she'd started performing.

"My current favorites were probably Brent Hinds and Bill Kelliher of Mastodon." She said, pointing to one of the bands albums that was visible on the shelves. "They do some really cool stuff every single time and their riffs are amazing." Holding up her left wrist Cameron let Al see the Mastodon bandanna she had tied around it. "Seen them live too, it was the most fucking awesome thing ever." Hold on, did he say she played the guitar well? That was a pretty cool thing to hear from a classmate, even if it was someone who liked the band. "Thanks for the compliment as well." She said with a smile, it felt pretty damn good.

"What about you, who's your fave?"
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
[+] V7
Espi

Post by Espi »

((Alice Baker continued from Laws of Motion))

Alice had a cold today.

She'd felt it coming on last night, feeling tired and sickly early in the evening, and she'd woken up in the morning badly congested and with a sore throat. She was feeling crappy, and had resolved to stay home all day and relax, hopefully not remaining sick for too long. She didn't want to miss school after all, it was a nightmare trying to catch up with her schedule.

So why was she out here, one might ask. The answer was simple; her big sister was a jerk.

Not that Alice could really blame Molly. She could've said no. Really, she could've! She didn't have to go walk all the way to the music store to buy a CD for Molly just because her sister was 'working on a big project and I need new work music'. She could've looked Molly right in her face and told her off.

Yeah, totally. That's why she was shopping instead of napping.

She was in a bad mood, therefore, when she walked into the store, but at least there was climate control indoors. She wasn't sure what genre the band was. All Molly had told her was that she wanted an album by The Prodigy. Alice had heard of The Prodigy before, but she had no idea what they were like. Knowing Molly, they were probably pop music, that was most of what Alice heard her listening to.

Coughing quietly into the crook of her elbow, Alice walked up and down the aisles of the store, staring blankly at the rows of music. It was intimidating, and she barely knew where to start. What if they didn't even carry any Prodigy CDs here? Doubtful, but possible, in which case Alice was totally-

"Achoo!" Alice sneezed violently and without warning, and like a startled horse her nose started running. "Crap..." She muttered, digging her hand into her pockets. She plucked a tissue from her pocket, blew loudly into it, and then wiped her nose off while sheepishly glancing around to make sure nobody saw her. Then she shoved the tissue back into her pocket.

Real classy, Alice.

As she kept wandering past the shelves, Alice began to lose focus. Maybe the album would appear in a flash of divine light. Maybe she'd figure out the perfect musical selection for Molly. Maybe she should just leave and tell Molly off (yeah right). Maybe-

"Oh!" Alice gasped as she nearly walked into Cameron, barely halting her steps in time to avoid a collision. "Oh, sorry!" She exclaimed, hands up in defense.
RC†

Post by RC† »

She liked the compliment, yay!

That bandanna looked neat. He also heard of Mastodon. And experiencing a live concert that was not local was probably very awesome. He himself never was on one, which was a pity. But he watched some videos of concerts that were filmed live and it really looked fun. Visiting a live concert that was not a local event was something he wants to do some time. Travelling with friends to one would be rad. Or to go to one with the Peyote Coyotes.

"Uh, me? I'm not sure, to be honest. There are many good guitarists."

Deciding that would be hard.

And then Alice came and almost bumped into Cameron.

He knew Alice, a shy girl, they were together in a grade. He wasn't sure about what to say. So he just waited to watch how Cameron reacts.
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

He didn't have a favorite, that was fair enough. He was also right, there were a lot of good guitarists out there. So Cameron could understand not being able to choose a favorite.

Cameron turned when a girl almost walked into her. She was tiny in basically every way you could imagine. Short, thin, no visible breasts or ass. Could have been a child for all Cameron knew, aside from the voice giving that game away. She laughed when the girl apologized for the heinous crime of nearly walking into her.

"It's all good shorty. You didn't actually hit me and I'm not sure you would have hurt me." Cameron grinned. "You look a bit on the light side." Cameron scratched behind her ear using the CD case, they were versatile tools for scratching that was for sure. The girl was kind of adorable with the whole look she had going on, very "shy girl" stuff. "So, what's your name then?"

Not like Cameron had anything better to do today.
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
[+] V7
Espi

Post by Espi »

Well, at least the other girl wasn't angry. She seemed...pretty nice, actually, which was nice. Alice would've been miserable if she'd blown up on her. That'd just be the icing on a crappy day.

Alice sniffled and tried not to look too pleased. She was pretty sure this girl was familiar somehow, but didn't look to be in the same grade as Alice. Possibly an upperclassman? Actually, yeah, she knew this girl. Wasn't she in a band or something? She'd seen stuff for it around somewhere.'

It must've been cool to be in a band. Alice was way too shy to go up on stage and perform or anything. She envied people who could put themselves out there like that. That'd be awesome. Plus, she doubted famous people got bossed around by their big sister. Another pro.

"Yeah, haha." Alice chuckled sheepishly and crossed her arms. She was pretty tiny, she supposed. "I'm Alice. I...think I know you from somewhere. Do you go to Cochise?"
RC†

Post by RC† »

Shorty, that was how Alice was called by Cameron. Alessio guessed that some people would have been very offended by that, but Alice did not seem to be angry about it or something. But maybe it did hurt her and she just pretended. Al wasn't sure, and he couldn't tell why he should be bothered by that.

Maybe it was the look on Alice's face?

Alessio was about to ask what Alice searches for, but he did not want to interrupt the two girls talking to each other. Maybe she was searching for metal stuff like Cameron.
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

Alice huh? That was two people whose name began with A and L that she'd met. Alice thought she looked familiar, Cameron couldn't blame her, a lot of people recognized her. It was also funny because most of those people didn't really know why they recognized her. It was hard for them to put two and two together. Most people couldn't reconcile the picture or video of her performing with the person standing in front of them. Maybe it was the lack of body paint since that was how most people tended to get their first exposure to her.

Cameron grinned. "Yeah I go to Cochise. Name's Cameron and I think I have a good idea where you know me from." It was weird sometimes; she had a kind of pseudo-fame around Cochise. Some people knew who she was exclusively because she was in a band and they found that cool. Whereas others had only the faint idea of who she actually was through either seeing pictures of her or hearing her name. It was always fun to see how people knew her though.

She wasn't even the most well-known member that would be Vanessa. It was to be expected since she was the frontman, handling both lead guitar and vocals. Not that Cameron minded she was perfectly happy to just riff away in her corner. Although going up to the audience was always an awesome experience. Everyone seemed to get a kick out of the weird guitarist covered in paint going up to them. Sometimes the reaction was stronger than others, although the regulars always liked her switching up the paint design per show, it was effort but it was worth it.

"So take a guess."
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
[+] V7
Espi

Post by Espi »

There were actually two people there, Cameron and another guy. The boy seemed quiet, though, which made Alice a bit envious. She was usually the one who hung out and listened when other people talked, so kind of wished she was in his position right now. But nope, she had to exert her social muscles.

Cameron was definitely familiar, and now that Alice thought about it she was almost sure Cameron did something with a band. Yeah, she'd seen a poster about it somewhere, or maybe a flyer. Either way, she could take a guess. "You're in a band, right?" She said, cautiously optimistic. If she screwed this up it'd be even more embarrassing.

"Not my kind of music, but I heard you guys are good." That embellishment wasn't strictly necessary or true, but she was pretty sure they were a rock band of some sort, and it was nice to boost someone's self-esteem when possible. Cameron seemed pretty friendly, so why not say something nice?

Of course, all that fails to take into account that, if pushed, Alice wouldn't be able to back anything she said. So hopefully Cameron took the compliment without inquiring further.
RC†

Post by RC† »

Alice recognised Cameron as a band member.

She did not seem to like the band; it was not her kind of music. Why? Was it because of the stoner thing? Or does she dislike rock? Or was that even an implication that Coyote Peyote did not play well, despite claiming that she heard that they were good?

Well, disliking rock or stoner rock is not something which Al would mind. After all, everybody has their own genre. But, c'mon Coyote Peyote was fantastic.

"What kind of music do you like to listen to?"

When looking at Alice to show that the question was directed at her, he began to switch the hands he was holding his CD with.

Return to “Main Street”