Hamiltonian Eigenstates

The hotel where the senior students are housed for the week of their trip. Students are housed three or four to a room, and rooms are divided by gender. The students have full access to the hotel's facilities, pool, and recreation areas during the day, but there is a strict nighttime curfew, and everyone must be in their rooms by 10 PM each night.
Frozen Smoke

Hamiltonian Eigenstates

Post by Frozen Smoke »

((>tracert Parker_Green
2 | 0 ms 0 ms 0 ms Room 707: No Man's Land█))

The hardest part about hiding something was very rarely finding a good place to hide something. In prisons, schools maybe, but in a hotel? He’d looked it up, there was over 200 rooms in this one. 15 floors. That meant there was 200 safes, a minimum of 15 maintenance cupboards - It was completely infeasible for someone to actually search all of them without help. Let alone someone who’d give up and cry at the first sign of them having to do actual work like Myles.

No, the problem was in making sure that no-one saw you when you were on your way to hiding something, as that was the most likely route to having a hiding spot revealed. That was distinctly more difficult to conceal, given that the hotel was full of his peers at the current time as they swarmed downstairs to eat.

He lingered on the edge of the 7th floor, away from the central lift stations where everyone was gathering, hat held by his side in what he hoped was an inconspicuous manner, as he waited for the up-arrow to illuminate. He pressed the call button when it did, and began to thumb at his phone in one hand as he waited for the ding of the doors opening to alert him.
[+] Tavares, Lorenzo
>Yo, L, is your shower free?

>I guess. Why?

>I’m sharing a room with Myles.
>Take a guess.
The conversation was interrupted by the expected ding, and he stepped forwards into the cubicle. There was one other person. He didn’t recognise her, and he tried not to draw her attention. Hopefully he’d just be able to blend into the post-breakfast blur before actual things started happening in the day, and this would fade from her memory.

With the lift interrupting his signal though, there was a pause in things to focus on. She was dressed simply, and short, and it was annoying him that he couldn’t recall her name. It wasn’t something he should have been able to do - they’d never talked - but he’d hoped he’d been able to improve on picking up on people’s names. She looked tired, too, dark brown eyes rimmed by dark bags.

He looked away. Eye contact was something that tended to get attention. He focused on a not particularly interesting piece of railing in the lift for a few more seconds before the lift shuddered to a halt at the next floor up, and she got out.

He looked at the floor guide for a moment, then pressed the button for floor 11.

((Parker Green - GOTO thread/null█))
[+] V7
Relationship Thread!

ImageFaith Clementine Marshal-Mackenzie
[+] Pregame
Memories: Making old enemies
Present Day: Making new friends - Playing childish games - Acting like an adult
Oneshots: Tidying up - Coming home
ImageParker Green
[+] Pregame
Memories: Cheaters never prosper - Except when they do - Keeping promises
Present Day: Getting informed - Playing nice - Keeping up appearances - Playing Games - Talking too much
Oneshots: Preparing for battle
Luca Thomas
[+] Pregame
Present Day: Being a team player
Prom: Trying her best
Memories:
Criticism or thoughts on my writing are welcome and appreciated - always looking to improve! Feel free to poke me on Discord or via PM.

Return to “The Hotel”