Panic Attack

It isn't much now, but at one time, this airfield was the life of the island. It contains a sole landing strip in the middle of an overgrown field, and the solitary air control tower nearby looms menacingly over the island. The remains of a downed aircraft sit nearby, having crashed long after the island base had been abandoned.
Ares

Panic Attack

Post by Ares »

((John continued from The Science of Selling Yourself))

John stumbled his way into the airfield. Not exactly the most serene of places, but there were some pretty secure looking places where one could catch a power nap. It had been a long day and a half, and John's body was no longer running on his own adrenaline. Scanning the area John decided the best place to catch a snooze would be the control tower.

He made his way over, and opened the doors. Not even bothering to keep the Type 67 at the ready, John lazily trudged his way up the spiral staircase and opened the door to the control room. There was a pretty decent view from the very top, but John was too busy too take it all in. He dropped his bag and grabbed a chair, jamming it under the doorknob.

Makeshift alarm system, yay!

John then laid down, resting his head on his bag as a pillow. Before he fell asleep he placed the Type 67 next to him, just in case. After making sure he was prepared in case of interruption, John allowed his eyes to close and his mind to float into the dream world.

----------------

John ran through the jungle, searching for something. There was something in his head telling him he had to get the cliffs again. There were tons of corpses spread amongst the areas that John was running through. What was it that his mind was telling him he needed to find? There were voices around him, causing John to duck down low. He reached for his pistol for safety but it was nowhere to be found. In fact he'd just noticed he had no weapons or bag. The voices came closer, and sounded extremely familiar. Girls voices. As quickly as they seemed to be getting closer, they soon faded. John's natural curiosity took over and he followed the faint sound of the voices. Were these the voices his head wanted him follow? The answer seemed to be yes, as John now found himself on the familiar trail he'd taken when he'd exited the sea cliffs. He slowed down as he approached the area where Anton and Cara had been killed. He could see some bodies on the ground. The bodies were too small to have been part of his class, save for one on the end. As he crept closer and closer, he could see there were four bodies. The faces were covered by what looked like a blanket. This was where he had needed to be. So what were these four bodies? John circled around the lined up bodies, finally deciding that he needed to take the blanket off the faces. He reached down took an end and walked to the end of the row before looking back. All that he saw was the flash of golden blonde hair and all he could feel was an inaudible scream.

---------------

John awoke with a start, dripping in cold sweat. Furiously he tried to remember what he'd seen in his dream, but his mind wouldn't let him. John checked his watch and realized he'd been asleep for 7 hours. It was getting late in the morning, transitioning to the afternoon. The announcements would be coming on soon if Mr. Danya was feeling better, so John found a second chair and decided to relax and keep watch over the airfield until the announcements. As he rocked back and forth on the hind legs, he pondered to himself about what had happened in his dream, each attempt at recollection being unsuccessful.
Stuff. Things. Stuff and things.
Tythanin†

Post by Tythanin† »

It was a nightmare. This whole week was just one big, long nightmare. How else could Velvet describe what she felt about this whole damn 'game'? She had woken up in a muddy ditch, two bags lying next to her. The larger, navy blue bag was hers. And the other was marked with nothing more than a number, G078. She had opened the numbered bag first, half expecting a trap of some kind. But instead there were just some rations, a booklet, some other tools, and oddly enough a big sack of rice.

She ditched whatever she thought wasn't useful. The rice and her clothes (barring several shirts and jeans she loved) were stuffed in the numbered bag and tossed into the ditch. If anyone found it looking for a weapon, they would be sorely disappointed. After all that, she had ran away looking for some place to hide. She wasn't afraid to fight and she knew she had the power to take down anyone in a fair fight. The problem was that she didn't have a weapon...unless that sack of rice was intended as her weapon. If so, that Danya had a mean sense of humor. Hell, the flashlight was probably a better weapon than a sack.

It had been a hectic week. She had spent the days holed up somewhere out of the way in the various locations around the island, trying to waste as much time as possible and avoid as many people as possible. She had heard the announcements and while she loathed to admit it, she had been frightened out of her wits for the past week. It wasn't hard after hearing all those announcement Danya made about how the students killed each other.

And so on the seventh day, she arrived at the airfield, her nerves shot. Her duffel bag was with still with her, albeit lighter than before. Her clothes were torn and dirty and even though she felt full of energy, it didn't match her mental state in the slightest. She was sick and tired of all the fear. When she saw that control tower, she ran with all her might towards it. After sleeping in the outdoors in some of the most uncomfortable places known to man, even a chair would be a luxury.

She walked inside the tower and slowly, silently walked up the stairs. There was a door at the end, no doubt leading to the control room. She tried the doorknob, but it seemed to be jammed. She tried again, but with the same results.

'Maybe someone is inside...' Velvet thought to herself. She raised a hand, wondering if it was smart to make her presence known. She knocked anyway. If she was going to die, at least she'd be free from all this shit.

"Hey...anyone inside there? It's me, Velvet. I'm not playing, really! Can you let me come in?"

It was a weak hope. It was a feeble hope. But it was still hope.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Tythanin. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Ares

Post by Ares »

John was so wrapped up in trying to call back his dream that he had failed to notice the door knob jiggling. The chair had done its job indeed. It wasn't until he heard the voice of a girl behind the door that he was able to pull himself away from his thoughts.

The girl identified herself as Velvet Retsiloh. It was well known that she was an incredibly athletic girl around the school, as John had watched a girl's soccer championship game once where Velvet proved that the hype wasn't just hype.

Now came the inner conflict. John's dream was still eating him up, and maybe having some company would help him figure it out or take his mind off of it. The announcements hadn't come on yet so no one would know about his two kills, and he was fairly confident he could convince the girl that it was out self defense that he killed Cara and Anton. Edgar might be harder to explain, but he'd deal with it when that time came.

Sure, Emma turned out to be a fucking failure, but this one, I'll just play like I'm a nice guy. Get her on my side. Who knows, when the time comes, maybe she'll take the same offer I made to Emma and actually stick to it?

"Hey. Its John Rizzolo. I'll move the chair blocking the door, after that and you can come in. I warn you though, any funny business and I will not hesitate to put a bullet in you. I'm not playing, but I'm not taking any chance." John said, throwing his voice so that it sounded nervous.

All part of the new plan.

John got up, keeping the pistol trained on the door in his right hand, he then pulled the chair back with his left hand. Retreating back to his original position John spoke again.

"I want to see your hands first when you come in, so open the door, push it open, then show me your hands. Come in after that."
Tythanin†

Post by Tythanin† »

'John Rizzolo? The baseball player?' Velvet thought to herself as she heard the chair behind the door being moved. She wasn't sure how to feel about this new revelation. He seemed like a good enough guy in school and he said he wasn't playing, so maybe this could work out for her. She didn't hear any announcements about him killing their classmates. He also had a gun and that was loads better than what she had, which was nothing. Hopefully this wouldn't all blow up in her face.

"Okay, I'm coming in. Don't shoot." Velvet said, her voice steady as she opened the door. Nudging it open with her foot, she raised her hands to show they were empty besides her bag and flashlight. She dropped her bag inside the room the moment she was inside and looked at John, making sure not to make any sudden movements that would get her shot. After all the shit that happened, that would be the last thing she needed.

She thought about she would do next. Finding good shelter had been the first stage in her plan, but now that she was finally here, there were more important things she needed to think about. First was getting an actual weapon to protect herself. She didn't want to kill anyone, but if someone tried to kill her, she wasn't going to just lay down and die. After that...she guessed it would be all about luck and who she partnered up with. Hopefully John wasn't planning on backstabbing her anytime soon.

"So, do I pass?" Velvet smiled a little at John.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Tythanin. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Ares

Post by Ares »

"Yeah, you're fine." John said as he eyed her up and down, and it was a long way up. John had never spoken to Velvet or even seen her up close other than times where she was sitting down, and now that she was here in front of him, he took the opportunity to appreciate just how tall she was. John was almost 6 feet tall himself, and he could guess that Velvet still had a good 3-4 inches.

Bigger they are, the harder they fall.....No, Johnny you did not just use that horrible cliche. John shook his head a bit, before beckoning Velvet to come take a seat.

"So what do you think is going on? I mean we haven't heard from anyone over the PA in what now? 2 days? Think that Dayna guy is sick or something?"
Tythanin†

Post by Tythanin† »

Velvet walked inside the room and took a seat gratefully, a smile of relief spreading across her face. She closed her eyes briefly, feeling all the tension and worry flood out of her. It was as if some poisonous wound had been opened and all that filth was pouring out of her. With it gone, she could finally stop worrying about dying and think about how to get through this disaster. 'Don't worry Velvet. You're not going to die here.'

Her eyes snapped opened when John mentioned the lack of announcements or...pretty much anything coming from the PA. Now that she thought about it, there really hadn't been any news. "I hope he got sick. Nothing would make me happier to hear that. Maybe he even got cancer and died or something."

She laughed a bit. "Well, I guess we won't find out anyway. Stuck on this forsaken island with little chance to escape..."

Velvet took in a deep breath and looked at John quizzically. Hundreds of thoughts were running through her brain but the ones that really mattered all dealt with John. Was he trustworthy? Would he backstab her out of the blue if she did a single thing wrong? Well, there really was nothing to do besides find out. "So John, what're you going to do after this? Just hole up in here or...?"
Ares

Post by Ares »

John chuckled at the girl's hope for the fate of Mr. Danya. It was a fake chuckle, but now it was about gaining her trust.

In truth, Danya's a brilliant mastermind to be able to get away with this stuff, but you can't say that now.

"Yeah, that'd be funny. Get that stammering guy from early on, 'Um, children, Mr. Danya died of cancer. Prostate cancer.' Honestly though, there does have to be a way out of here. What it is, I have no idea, but there is a way out of every situation." John said.

He knew Velvet was right. No one was getting off this island, save one person.

Her next question to him was pretty much expected, and John had an answer ready.

"Well, I think holing up here would work decently until tomorrow. Good view of surroundings. You can here people coming up the stairs really easily. Its pretty safe if I say so myself. Plus, if anything were to happen, just get behind me and I'll let this puppy do the talking." John said flashing the pistol once again.

"Why? Do you know somewhere to go, or have someone we could meet up with?"
Tythanin†

Post by Tythanin† »

Velvet couldn't help but flinch a little when John brought out the pistol, but she quickly calmed herself. Berating herself for her momentary weakness in her mind, she took a brief look outside of the control tower before looking back at the baseball player. She gave him a weak smile and shook her head. "Sorry. I've been wandering alone for this whole week. I guess I should count myself as lucky that I didn't run into anyone else...especially with all the killing that's happened. I'm not sure if I could have trusted anyone I met out there."

She nodded a little, briefly wondering what it would take to get that gun off of him. 'No, I can't think of that...He's the first person I've seen on this island so far. I have to trust him, at least for now. Don't overthink this, Velvet.'

"No, staying in here for the day sounds fine to me. I can probably fashion some makeshift weapon here too." She looked around the room to see if there was something she could use. "Anyway...sounds nice. Let's wait and see what happens then. Maybe one of us will even make it out alive at the end."

She shook her head, laughing grimly. "Sorry, I'm still a little rattled from everything that's happened the past couple of days."
Ares

Post by Ares »

John was about to respond to Velvet when a crackle noise came from the PA. It was finally here. The moment John had been waiting for and dreading. The PA system had been fixed and it was time to announce his kills. As Danya did his usual ramble before the listing, John slowly and cautiously moved his hand over the gun, readying it in case Velvet did not want to co-operate or freaked out.

"Well, without further ado, let's hear who's bit the dust now! I'm really proud of you children, I really am. Over the last two days you've managed to kill more than 10% of your competition! That's how we do it! Now, where to begin? Your less fortunate classmates include..."

Here it comes. John though, trying to not to show the excitement at the island knowing his prowess.

Then something happened. Something that wasn't supposed to happen. Mr. Danya skipped over the names of the killers. The only kill he'd openly announced was Alexis Machina.

That fat fucking cow gets more recognition than me?

"No...no, that can't be," John said, his voice growing in frustration, "God damn it!"

How could Mr. Danya ignore what he did? He put on a show for the world and they didn't even acknowledge it. He was playing this game and playing it well. He barely had a scratch on him and had killed 3 people.

John rose and began to smash the system board and radar panel in front of him with his pistol. Venting his frustrations on everything within his arms length.

"NO!!!"
Tythanin†

Post by Tythanin† »

The static erupting from the speakers brought a chill through Velvet's body and she shivered, looking at the ground. She knew that there really was no chance that Danya had somehow died, but not hearing his voice was such a great morale booster. And now it was gone. And with his overly cheery, grating voice came the news of so many students dead. She began to pale as name after name was read. Some she knew, some she didn't, but all of them had gone to the same school as she did and now? Now they were dead.

'I can't believe it...so many. I was lucky to have avoided everyone earlier, then...I could have been one of the names on that list. Not to say that I'm happy they died instead of me, but still. I'm glad to be alive. I've got to stay that way...'

She looked up to see John's reaction only to have her eyes widen as she saw him began wreaking everything around him. It didn't help that he was doing it with the gun of all things and she immediately stood up, holding out her hands to try to calm him down. "Whoa, whoa, John! Chill! I know you're upset about the deaths...honestly, I am too, but that's no reason to bust the place up!"

She flinched a little as a swing of the gun came close to her face. "Please, calm down! Don't worry, we'll make this right! Well...at least I hope we will. But you have to settle down first!"

If she had known he was angry over the fact that he didn't get recognized for his kills, maybe she would have just ran out of the room and out of the Airfield. But she didn't. So she stayed with him, trying to tell him that it was okay to be angry that so many of their fellow students were dead. Danya would pay for his crimes...along with all the other people who were killers. If only she knew she was standing right next to one.

If only.
Lexi†

Post by Lexi† »

((Shameeca continued from Shiweasu Desu))

Chest heaving as she approached the airfield, Shameeca Mitchell's chest moved up and down heavily as she slowed her frantic run down to a jog and then into a slow walk. Despite being relatively healthy, the trials of the last few days were taking their toll on the young black woman physically. Mentally, she was in turmoil. The guilt she felt inside for taking another life was almost too much for her to bear, so she had kept moving, kept doing something to stop herself from thinking about it. But the few minutes of flat out running had over exerted herself. The make-shift bandage on her arm had started seeping blood from the large scratch and her back was sore from carrying her weaponry and items in her bag. She just needed a place to rest for a while, away from people, somewhere where she could be safe and then figure out how to find Rob. Thinking that she could handle killing someone, taking the life of that bastard Lenny, so that she could get vengeance. It hadn't occurred to her what would happen when she had actually done it. Maybe killing Lenny would relieve the guilt...

Then she saw the tower made her way towards it, forgetting that a girl carrying a rifle, covered in blood and obviously not in the best mental state may not be wanted. As she made her way to the door, she pushed and it was jammed. She pushed again, rattling the door handle. Shit, it was locked. Hopefully the people inside were friendly.

"Hello.. anyone in?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Lexi. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Ares

Post by Ares »

John paused from laying the smackdown on the equipment's candy ass when he noticed a figure making its way across the airfield. Squinting to see if he could make out who it was, the first thing John noticed she had rifle. He was still seething with rage over the announcements, so he merely pointed out the window.

After he was sure Velvet was made aware of the visitor's presence, he tried to think about what to do.

I could just wait till she gets here and knocks on the door. Open it and...fucking Danya...open it and shoot. Now, how that would be over with Velvet here is still up in the air, son of a bitch. If I let this person in though with no hostility there is a chance that the rifle would be turned on me.

"Look, we have two options, and one might sound a bit cold," John said still breathing heavily, "One is we let that person in and hope to God they are friendly. The second is we open the door, you provide a distraction and I blow them halfway into next week. I know which one I'm hoping for, but you never know."

It was up to Velvet now. Maybe she'd turn into the Bonnie that Emma never could be, maybe she would be Emma version 2.

The handle on the door jiggled, and the door bumped twice followed by a female voice.

Fuck.

John looked at Velvet and motioned to his hand. He then put up one finger and mouthed 'Or' followed by putting up two fingers. He repeated this three times before getting the gun ready and waiting.

Come on...
Tythanin†

Post by Tythanin† »

'Oh thank god, he finally stopped bashing shit up.' Velvet thought to herself as John finally finished his rampage. Her relief was immediately replaced by caution and a little bit of fear when he pointed outside of the window at some figure outside that was heading for the same tower they were in. She couldn't make much out of it, but she did notice the rifle as well as some splotches that could be blood. Or weird red dye, but then who the hell would splatter dye all over their body? 'Oh shit...oh shit, what am I going to do?'

John began talking and she immediately focused her attention on him, wondering what he was planning. After he finished laying out two options, she couldn't help but feel a little...queasy. True, he would be the one pulling the trigger, but she would have helped. Were those really their only two options? Hope to the high heavens that this person with a rifle was kind enough to not blast the two of them to death? Or just kill them without giving them a chance to explain themselves? And what did he mean by "I know which one I'm hoping for"?

Did he want to shoot someone? It could have meant he was eager for both, of course, but like...It was beginning to hurt her head thinking too deeply about this. From what she knew, it was a fifty/fifty chance. He seemed good enough...barring that whole episode where he just smashed stuff. He had let her inside the room instead of shooting her.

But she couldn't...no, not right now. Maybe later she could bring up the guts to kill someone in cold blood, but not now. She wouldn't become one of those names that fucking Danya would say with glee over the morning announcements. She didn't want to hear her name on there and she definitely didn't want to her him congratulate her on some kill she was party to. She nodded to herself and gulped, picking up her chair and moving to the door.

"Hello.. anyone in?"

Velvet almost swung her chair at the closed door because she was so tense. But she managed to control herself in the nick of time and looked back at John, holding up one finger. 'Sorry if you're eager to establish your safety first, but I can't do that right now.'

She reached with one hand and twisted the doorknob quickly, letting it creak open just an inch. She then said, in a nervous tone, "You can come in, but if you make a single wrong move I'm going to bash your head in and my friend here is going to blast you to pieces. I'm warning you...just one wrong move and that'll be it. So please...please don't do anything wrong."
Lexi†

Post by Lexi† »

Hearing noises behind the door, Shamee put her hand on the rifle, ready to swing it around to fire if they tried to do anything. It was the last thing on her mind to go do some more killing, but she didn't want to die. Not yet anyway, not till she saw Bobby one more time and made sure that Lenny didn't win this game. But they were inside and she was out, so they had the better place. If she ran, they could probably shoot her down from the windows if they had guns. But then they would know she was weak and she didn't want to be weak no more. Being weak was what had gotten her into this mess, if she had been a stronger person then she wouldn't of killed him so badly, maybe she could of let him live. But no, that was how this game got played out. Only the strong survived and to be one of those, Shameeca needed to be strong. But hearing the voice of the girl, she got a little bit more worried. But she wasn't here to cause trouble, she just needed a place to stay for a little while, then she would leave. That would be all Shamee would do. But they weren't nice people if they were going to shoot her if she made one wrong move, no she needed to leave fast. Find Bobby and keep safe, that was what she needed to do.

"No, I'm not looking for trouble!! If you see someone called Rob Jacks, tell him that Shameeca is looking for him and that she's still alive. I am not coming in if you guys are gonna point a gun at me, so I will find somewhere else to stay for a while. Good luck to you guys" and with that the black girl turned on her tail and started to run away, zig-zagging slightly so the people there would have a harder time hitting her if they tried to shoot at her. At least thats how it worked in the movies. So she made her way away from the airfield and on her mission to find the man that she thought could help her with the guilt in her soul, Rob.

((Continued Elsewhere))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Lexi. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Ares

Post by Ares »

Velvet flashed the one finger sign then opened the door.

Dammit!

John instantly trained his pistol to the door. When the voice from outside said they were leaving, John got even more prepared to fire. He ended up relaxing as he heard the foot steps going down the staircase. Popping up, John made his way to the window in time to see the girl zig-zagging across the airfield. Chuckling to himself John let his mind drift back to Velvet who was still sitting several feet away from him.

"You know that was an incredibly stupid move. Why would you open the door right away? You could have gotten us killed, and I don't know if you've realized it, but I don't exactly want to die. I've done what I had to to survive this long Velvet, and I don't want some bimbo like you to fuck up my chances of getting home." John said.

He took a minute to look Velvet up and down before shaking his head in disappointment.

"I really thought you could have been a perfect teammate. Pretty enough to lure those idiots in, dumb enough to not realize my plan. You could have finished second Velvet."

John pointed the gun down at the girl.

"Since I'm a nice guy though, I'll let you look into that camera over behind you and tell your parents you loved them or something along those lines."

Return to “Airfield”