The Beginning is The End is The Beginning

If you lived here you'd be home by now.

It isn't much now, but at one time, this airfield was the life of the island. It contains a sole landing strip in the middle of an overgrown field, and the solitary air control tower nearby looms menacingly over the island. The remains of a downed aircraft sit nearby, having crashed long after the island base had been abandoned.
Ciel†

The Beginning is The End is The Beginning

Post by Ciel† »

(Brad Kavanagh continued from Sadist)

Brad Kavanagh couldn't remember a time where he wasn't this tired. Not just in his head, but every single muscle in his body was tired beyond belief. Brad felt himself fall countless times, but yet he kept walking ahead, still putting one foot in front of the other. He had to keep moving, he had to catch up with Ianto and Terrie, they were so far ahead. He had to find them... it was all seperation anxiety, wasn't it? Yes that was it. Whenever he was alone he became scared but whenever he was with someone else he fine and dandy. Brad felt himself cough loudly, his allergies flaring up like nothing else. Oh god... I would kill for some Allegra. Fuck...

He arrived at the Airfield. This confused Brad. The hell? This place has an airfield? How come I've never noticed there was an airfield? What Brad was much more worried about was that there was no sign of not only Terrie and Ianto, but no sign of anyone at all. Brad bit his lip. Where... Damn it, they were heading this way. I saw them, they were walking in this direction. Where the hell are they?

Everything was so silent. Brad gulped.

"Okay, Brad. You're fine. You're golden. I'm... sure they're in that large control tower. Yeah, they've got to be in there."

No one was in the tower sadly. The door to the hanger had been violently opened, from the clear dent made in the wall by the handle. Everything inside was littered by dust, as though somebody had a liquidation sale on the stuff and the people who owned the island brought it all just in case. Brad sniffed in annoyance, but when choosing between the rain or dust... hell, he could handle dust. Dust was easy compaired to the rain. There was a spiraling staircase near the back of the place, but Brad didn't take notice of those at all.

As far as furniture was concerned, the first floor was a little lacking. There was only a couch. A comfy couch. It was old, probably worn out but it looked perfectly fine. A couch. A soft surface. The closest to a bed Brad had found in nearly a week.

"Oh... Je-zus." Brad's scared look turned into a bright grin. A shit-eating grin, as someone would put it. A SOFA? This was what Brad had been dreaming of finding, and it was quite obvious that the minute he fell down on the damned thing he'd fall asleep. That thought made Brad do a double-take of the door leading outside. What if someone were to wander into the control tower while he was asleep? Certainly he would be a sitting duck should some nut like Bobby Jacks come wandering in and seeing Brad take a capnap. The solution to this was perfectly clear.

Brad closed the door.

"There," Brad exclaimed, jumping onto the couch as though it were a real bed. He made it sound as though he had just accomplished something. "That should do it."

The couch wasn't particularly comfy, but it was better than sleeping on the grass outside. Brad felt himself drifting off to sleep, but before he could do that he clenched his gun (correction, his EMPTY gun) in his hands. You know, just in case someone really does barge in and give Brad a start.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Ciel. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Solitair†

Post by Solitair† »

((Margaret Tweedy continued from Manhunt))

Margaret wasn't expecting to see a downed airplane or two when she got out of the jungle. Even if this was the airfield, why would the planes be wrecked? Did the local military force find itself unable or unwilling to clean up after itself, leaving the wrecks of their old airplanes behind to rust? This niggling detail unnerved Margaret, and made her all the more anxious to get inside and find some sort of safe haven.

She creeps around the area, keeping her eyes out for anyone dangerous. Satisfied at finding no one in the open, she moves up to the control tower and quietly knocks on the door.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Solitair. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

((Continued from Sadist.))

Brad...?

Somehow, during her trip though the jungle, Terrie had lost sight of the person she'd been following.

... Ianto?

Where had everyone gone?

For the first time since their first day on the island, Terrie Brightwell felt as though she was truly alone. That thought frightened her to the core. When she'd first woken up almost a week ago, she'd staggered around the island in a bawling stupor until she'd run into Brad at the swinging bridge. Fate had looked out for her then, and Brad and Simon had wound up "saving" her, at least in some sense, from Gabriel Theobaldt. If they hadn't been around... well, she'd probably have been dead right now.

And if Adam Dodd hadn't been around, Gabriel probably would've killed all three of them back then.

It was funny... since then, she'd almost stuck to Brad like glue. She wasn't quite sure why, but between Brad and Ianto, Terrie felt safe, and in this place, safety was a fleeting feeling at best. So much had happened in such a short period of time, and since Serenity's death, Terrie had been, for lack of a better term, shell shocked by the incident. When they had fled the mess hall early in the morning, she'd simply staggered behind numbly. Now, finally, she was starting to come out of her numb state.

The rain kept on pouring down, but ahead of her, Terrie could make out the airfield control tower looming in the distance. It looked almost ominous as it jutted out against the otherwise flat land. Still, it was shelter, and unless someone boasting a sniper rifle had made it their home, odds were, she'd be fine until she got up to the door. Of course, now she was weary about stepping out into the open. What if someone was waiting inside, ready to shoot any target that walked by.

Get those stupid thoughts out of your head, Terrie... you're going to be fine.

Her body was shaking, either from stress, fear, or the cold... maybe even a combination of all three. At this point, she didn't know anymore. She wrapped her arms around herself and rubbed her exposed arms in some attempt to warm herself up. By now, the rain had soaked her to the core, and she was dying to pull a fresh change of clothes out of her day pack. Of course, out in the open, it would've been absolutely pointless. Maybe... when she got to the tower...

The tower drew closer and closer until Terrie found herself standing near the bottom of it. She started to enter, but immediately pulled back as a light rapping noise echoed from the top of it. Her eyes grew wide with fear, and she slunk back out of the doorway in an attempt to stay out of eyesight of whoever was knocking.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Megami. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Ciel†

Post by Ciel† »

Sleep was probably the best thing to happen to anyone in SOTF. Brad was quite content to sleep through the whole game without a care in the world. In his head, in his dreams he was safe. Brad was also known as a very light sleeper, although the rain wasn't enough to stop him from falling asleep. Even the lightest of rocking would cause him to awaken, and of course (given how rotten his luck was for the past few days) that knocking came after he had been asleep for two hours. He groaned, rubbing his temple as someone knocked at the towers door. He rolled over on his side without even realizing it and fell off of the couch. The noise that came just as his nose collided with the floor was that of pain.

"Gaah-JESUS Chhhrrriiiissst!"

Jacks had dislodged his nose, and the floor certainly wasn't helping matters. Brad held his nose, blood oozing out. He groaned, rolled on his back and felt himself begin to fall back to sleep again. No... there's someone at the door Brad, you've got to get up. Don't fall back to sleep Brad... No, wake up damn it. Brad... BRAD. Jesus you're such a baby. Get up... GET UP. It took a bit of energy to get himself back up and running, but once he found the courage to open his eyes despite the pain his mine went back to running.

Wait... there's somebody at the door?

Brad cocked an eyebrow, wincing. That was actually a surprise. It was kind of strange. If this person was actually capable of harming him they would have rushed into the room at full speed. To be on the safe side Brad picked up Ianto's gun and clenched down on it tightly. Well... this fucking things doesn't have shit left in it but how are they going to know? He paced slowly towards the door, his left hand twisting the door handle and pulled the door open. He was actually kind of surprised to see the girl from the Mess Hall... what was her name?

"Oh, uhh..." he lowered his gun, still pointing it at her. He sighed softly in relief. "It's you... uhh... what's your name again?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Ciel. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
riserugu†

Post by riserugu† »

[[ Continued from Sadist ]]

It was getting harder and harder to see in front of him, partly sure it was because he was holding half of his arm along in front of his face so he'd be able to push the piece of bloody (and now annoyingly wet) piece of dressing from his first-aid kit to try and help with the blood flow. Which thankfully seemed to have let up compaired to earlier, but it didn't stop it from hurting and the rather dizzy sensation he had been getting in thanks to the present blood loss. Blinking somewhat through the rain as he continued along down whatever path that had long since turned into mud trying to follow where he remembered seeing Terrie and Brad vanish down after they had left the mess hall when the danger zone had been placed down on them. After that, there had just been a lot of mindless walking around... as if they didn't know where to go or what to do anymore.

But after Serenity had died they all seemed a little... numb for lack of a better term on his part, though now they were lost—or he was lost from the others, something he seemed to become pretty good at doing since his time on this island.

So he continued along to follow where he was sure Brad and Terrie had went down moment before, glancing up through the somewhat lessening rain at the sight of something odd in the distance. Blinking somewhat before picking up his pace through the mud and closer toward the shadows he saw in the rain soaked distance. The objects slowly coming into focus the closer and closer he came to them, letting out a soft sound as he found himself now looking at a airfield jutting out what would have been just a cleared away piece of land in the middle of this dense, and increasingly annoying jungle. Swallowing somewhat before he noticed that he was just standing there, unarmed and in the open so anyone that could already be hiding in the nearby buildings to just shoot his stupid self.

Ianto glanced around quickly for any signs of Brad or Terrie before shaking his head and moving under the over protection of one of buildings and sighing somewhat, shivering somewhat and wanting a change of clothes but tried to put that off as a slow sound of knocking echoed throughout the airfield. Swallowing again and trying to keep himself quiet as he listened out through the rain... thinking he had been hearing voices but couldn't quite tell amongst all the rain.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler riserugu. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Solitair†

Post by Solitair† »

Margaret stared at Brad. She hadn't expected to find him so soon. "Margaret," she told him. "I'm really sorry to hear about your friend."

She took the time to look around outside and see if anyone else had arrived just yet. If they did, they kept cover or their distance, so she turned back to Brad and sighed. "I'm not a friend of yours. I've never made the effort to reach out to other people at Southridge. The only reason I'm really talking to you is because you've been railroaded by the system, too, if only for a few months, so you're one of the only people on the island that knew about the hardships of life before coming here."

What was she thinking? This wouldn't help warm her up to Brad. He didn't fixate on the same issues that she did. Margaret knocked herself in the forehead and groaned. "Sorry. What I want to ask is if I can take a rest here? Most of the time on the island, I've been camping in the jungle, and it's damn dirty out there. What's more, I could go crackers if I don't talk to someone for much longer.

"You don't have to put up with me if you don't want to. I understand if you don't want to replace a treasured friend with a perfect stranger, least of all a retarded one from Buttfuck, Alabama, and in the end, it probably won't make much difference to me. But if you did let me in here... maybe I won't be tempted to write off our chickenshit school so easily." She finished her speech and gave Brad the chance to respond with one of his own.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Solitair. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Neuphim†

Post by Neuphim† »

(Continued from Sadist)

So was it this way? Or that away? Dammit! Why didn't I kick to it? I'm a damn idiot half the time, I swear! Which way did they go to?

Heath, having taken too much time getting away from the Mess Hall, got himself lost from the rest of the group that he was 'stalking'. The torrent that pounded the island made it ever the worse. An annoyed grunt escapes Heath's lips.

What's their names even? I think that one guy... Brad? Was that it? Uh, yeah. OK, I'll ask him, or that guy, or either of those girls. Well, considering Brad or whatever his name, I think that maybe that'd not be the best idea in the world. Well, maybe. If one of friends is up for the proposal, he should be on board with the idea as well. Yeah...

His head nodded in this convention, his master plan still being tweaked. Said plan, one that Heath knows will be, at least in some way, help give at least more than one individual. It was a sure fire solution in his mind. But he can't do it alone, especially if he is only armed with a fishing rod. Then Ianto set into his eyesight.

Oh. It's that guy from before. Maybe he'll remember who I am.

"Yo! It's me! Heath!"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Neuphim. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
DetectiveArcher†

Post by DetectiveArcher† »

{{G66 Start}}

Trudging through the howling wind and pounding rain, Petra Andrews shivered and sniffed, tears rolling down her cheeks. Cold, wet, dirty, hungry, and terrified out of her mind, the girl had much to cry about.

Waking in the jungle, the young woman had quickly examined her day pack. Flipping through the survival guide and tossing aside the joke that had been her designated weapon (who needed a toy hammer for Christ's sake?) she pondered her options. She could either hide and hopefully wait out the madness alone, or search for trustworthy allies and pray for saftey in numbers. Of course, both courses of action had their flaws.

Hiding in the dense foliage would only serve her for so long. A lucky player could stumble upon the unarmed girl for easy pickings. If she came across anyone with a real weapon there wouldn't be much of a fight; kickboxing wasn't much of a defense against a speeding bullet. There was also the possibility that the area could become a danger zone, forcing her to move anyway. Petra didn't discount the possibility of falling prey to the dangers of animals, traps, and other nasty surprises either.

Leaving, however, meant giving up the cover the dense foliage provided, making it that much easier to be spotted by potential attackers. There was also the given danger that Petra could wind up trusting the wrong person and end up as another victim taken by the Game. Mistakes in this situation would wind up costing the girl her life. She needed to make the right choice.

For days Petra wandered the jungle, never quite sure enough to leave, but always fearing to stay in one place. Of course, wandering the wilderness without leaving was quite possibly the most dangerous thing she could have done. Stumbling through the jungle drastically increased the girl's chance of triggering a booby trap, running into another player, or simply injuring herself on the harsh terrain. Any one of which would have meant almost certain death.

So she wandered, listening as her fellow students turned into mass murderers. The crack of gunfire carried well across the island, and the announcements always confirmed the girl's worst fears. Petra couldn't understand.

Wasn't the idea of killing your friends unthinkable? Weren't people suppposed to be better than that? The reality of the situation was that they weren't. So many were already dead. She'd lost count after about fifteen. She still felt guilty about that. The dead deserved better than to just be forgotten or recorded as simple tallies on a scoreboard.

After wandering in the jungle for days on end, putting up with the rain and constant lonliness, Petra finally made a decision. She would look for other people. She had to trust that there were those who weren't playing. If she didn't, she was no better than those who had turned to slaughter.

Forcing her way through the brush, Petra eventually broke through the tree line. The view was wholely depressing. A vast airfield of rusted hangers and broken down planes. On the far side of the field stood the control tower. A desperate grin splitting her face, the drenched girl prepared to sprint across the field, hoping to finally be out of the rain.

Bursting from the dense foliage, the track team member sprinted for the nearest building. Charging across the muddy field, the atheltic girl almost missed the boy making his way across the the middle of the rain drenched airstrip.

Slamming on the breaks, the brunette barely managed to keep herself from stumbling into the mud. There was a person here? Was he a player or just someone seeking shelter, like her?

"Yo! It's me! Heath!"

The boy in the field was calling out to someone else. Oh God, two of them! What to do, what to do! Run back towards the jungle? Tackle the boy as a preemptive stike?

Petra did neither. Standing in the rain, completely exposed, she began to weep. "Please...please, help me."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler DetectiveArcher.
Ciel†

Post by Ciel† »

"Uhh," Brad struggled with, "Serenity wasn't exactly my friend, we barely knew each other. I-I mean she was with my group and all, I'm sad about what happened.... She didn't deserve to die, but I've been feeling that so much this week that I can't... find myself caring anymore."

Actually... Brad could remember himself staying away from Margaret. He wasn't the apple in the eye of many of the popular kids and he found himself physically avoiding Margaret in the hallways. It was very unusual for Brad but even now Brad wanted to close the door on Margaret. Brad knew it was wrong and he also understood that he wasn't at school, it was all habit for him. He looked away from her for only a second and then focused back on her.

Are... are those voices? Nah. Nah, what the hell are you thinking Brad? There ain't nobody there. Can't possibly be Ianto and Terrie, you left them behind like an idiot. What would-

"SHORYUKEN!" The speaker built inside the control tower cried. Brad was lost for words.

"...W-Wait. What the fuck?"

Brad looked past Margaret, at the speaker. Ryu? What the... hell? Brad felt... confused was the best word, but somehow it wasn't entirely that. Damn... This is going to feel very stupid, but this... Didn't SOTF... gah, you're being stupid Brad... What the shit are you thinking? It's got to be Danya screwing with us. Can't be anything else, there wouldn't be any logical reason otherwise. He turned back to Margaret.

"Uhh... Margaret. You know the people I was traveling with? Ianto, Terrie..." he hesitated. "Steve.... have you seen any of them? I got separated from them when we were leaving the mess hall and the last time I checked you were with them..."
Solitair†

Post by Solitair† »

Margaret looked outside. "I'll go check. They might have followed us here." She left Brad inside the control tower, fully recognizing the look he gave her.

She hated to admit it, but most of the people she'd met at Southridge were not openly hostile. People like Melina were a despised minority, lacking the discipline to live up to their society's most important virtue: tolerance. Most of the Southridge alumni did, in fact tolerate her presence at their school; sadly, tolerance was not the same as acceptance. The students put up with this alien presence in their midst no more than they absolutely had to, and Margaret could see that not even the combined horrors of SOTF and his stint in prison had dislodged Brad's Pavlovian instincts to regard her from a long distance.

Fine. I'll give him some space. Perhaps-

"SHORYUKEN!"

Now the experience was getting surreal. The speakers yelled a foreign phrase in a synthetic voice; Margaret had never heard anything like it in her life. She didn't know what to think of it, nor could she afford to; she shoved it into the back of her mind and concentrated on finding Brad's friends.

"Ianto? Terrie?" she asked in a bit of a loud voice. "Brad's looking for you. Y'all'd better come to the control tower if ya c'n hear me!"
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

Voices?

No, she must have been imagining things. Still, Terrie could swear that she kept hearing voices over the sound of the pouring rain. Familiar voices. Unfamiliar voices. Maybe the game was just starting to get to her... or maybe there really were people here. She was certain there were voices coming from the interior of the control tower. The more she listened, the more positive she became that she could hear them. A girl, and... someone else? Someone familiar.

The loud noise that suddenly boomed from the public access system startled her, causing her to let out a loud yelp. Her hands immediately flew to her mouth, covering it and keeping her from making any more noise. If there were indeed voices at the top of the control tower, she had already alerted them to her presence. But... that noise. She remembered it from when she was a kid, her brothers would sit in front of the television for hours on end beating one another up. Ryu and Ken. They were always Ryu and Ken.

Jamie and Sam... always Ryu and Ken... I wonder... no, no, focus Terrie. Can't be standing out in the rain daydreaming. Not now. It's not safe. Those people up there, they know you're here. You've got to do something... anything. Hide. Face them. Something. You can't just sit here like a lump on a log.

Turning the safety of her handgun off, Terrie made her way through the door of the control tower and out of the rain. She had gotten so used to the water pouring over her that it was a strange, foreign feeling for it to have finally stopped. Taking a moment to brush the blonde strands of hair that had plastered themselves to her forehead away, Terrie stood at the bottom of the stairwell, looking up. From her current position, she couldn't see anybody.

Terrie sighed lightly. She'd already come this far. The only other thing she could do was proceed up the stairwell and find out what awaited her at the top. She was trembling slightly, both from rain and fear, but she forced herself to go up the first few steps, then a few more. One at a time, she slowly made her way up them, a mix of fear and anticipation beginning to build in the pit of her stomach.

Finally, a figure came into view. Margaret Tweedy. She'd been at the mess hall with them right after Serenity had died. Right after Danya had declared a dangerzone. No sooner than she'd spotted Margaret, Margaret called out in a somewhat loud voice, declaring that Brad was looking for both herself and Ianto. Had Margaret seen her there, or had it been sheer luck? Terrie didn't even care anymore.

No sooner than Margaret had finished her announcement, Terrie found herself bounding up the stairs. In her excitement, Terrie simply brushed past the mousy-looking brunette standing at the top of the stairs, not even so much as acknowledging her. After all, Margaret hadn't exactly been the person Terrie had been looking for. She just happened to be with them. No sooner than she spotted Brad standing in the doorway, Terrie wrapped her arms around the other student in a tight embrace.

"God, I thought I'd lost you," Terrie blurted out quietly, "And Ianto, too... is he here? Is he with you?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Megami. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Ciel†

Post by Ciel† »

Margaret walked away, leaving Brad confused. "Hey, Margaret... Wait, come back. Don't draw attention like that, you don't know WHAT'S out there..." Ehh... she probably isn't listening to you. You were pretty rude to her back there.... you're not an ass, I know... and whether or not you'd like to believe it Brad, you can't trust everyone you meet. You've only got Terrie and Ianto... most of your other friends are dead as it is.

He looked up at the speaker, turning away from the doorway. Now... what the hell was that a minute ago? I know there's something important about it but I can't think of what. Gah.... son of a bitch.... You know Brad.... when you get the feeling that something big is going to happen? That's what I'm feeling.

"Yeah," Brad whispered to himself. "I know what you-"

Brad didn't have much time to finish. Before he knew it, somebody had their arms wrapped around him tightly. Brad stumbled back in surprise, looking down at Terrie. He finally realized that this.... that THIS was Terrie. It was a totally deja vu moment to be sure. Brad was glad to see Terrie after what seemed like ages, but the whole reunion seemed empty in a sort of way he couldn't figure out. He hugged her not quite as tightly, unsure of how to react. Hell, it wasn't everyday that someone upright hugged him. It was a strange feeling. It made him smile, a wide smile.

"H-Hey Terrie." He greeted her, shivering for reasons beyond him. He turned his head away from her, looking right out the door. "Small world ain't it?" He didn't laugh as he would normally do, although it was pretty obvious that he was joking. As for Ianto... where was he? "Ianto wasn't with me. I got separated from the two of you way ahead... I thought he was with you?"

No signs of Ianto. This troubled Brad deeply... All things considered, he always got this way whenever he was separated from either of them. Maybe it was just him being too damn caring. Brad was as soft as a teddy bear but he was mature. He was beginning to understand that being clingy was a bad thing but it was hard enough adapting to the humidity.

"I'm... glad that you're alright Terrie. Really. I am. I got anxious when I lost sight of you and Ianto, and... and... well, I don't know." Brad remembered what happened at the mess hall. "You're alright... right? Are you hurt at all?"
riserugu†

Post by riserugu† »

Ianto found himself standing absolutely still as he tried to listen to what he figured to be voices beyond the rain, pressing close to the building he was near and trying to also remain out of sight just in case the voices he was hearing was not anyone good. Of course that was even if he was hearing voices, this could be just his mind and the blood loss playing with his head which just made a more than annoyed sound escape his throat as he tossed the blood soaked dressing onto the muddy ground before him. Taking a glance to his sleeve of his shirt and eyeing the blood there before glancing up and once again trying to focus beyond his headache and the rain to try and see if he could hear the voices he was sure he had heard before. But he was still straining over the sound of rain beating against the building he was seeking shelter under—blinking a little as he was sure he could hear something that sounded like a female voice, it defiantly wasn't Terrie's he knew that much but it was vaguely familiar as if he should know but just didn't bother to actually do so.

Moving to peek around the corner or something, as a means of just... checking to see just who was the one making all the noise only to be suddenly distracted by something from behind. Turning rather fast and quickly remembered that his rifle was with Brad, suddenly found that he was almost worried—though just as quickly as that feeling set in it was replaced by one of slight surprise but mostly annoyance. Narrowing a glare on Heath as he approached and so loudly called out, Ianto couldn't help frowning as he raised a finger to his lips and spoke out in a harsh whisper. "Are you stupid are just retarded? There are other people here, people that could just be as happy to add your name to their list of kills." He muttered out harshly, glancing back toward the corner leading beyond the building and where he was sure the voices had been coming from—rather hoping that they hadn't been players, and if who or whomever were then he hoped they hadn't heard Heath and his more than demanding—though questionable—presence. Though no sooner had he recovered from this he was faced with a whole new set of problems...

This being the sudden appearance of the girl standing, completely exposed for everyone to see, doing what seemed to be crying and Ianto rather found himself confused and almost unable to hear the girl over the rain again. Though standing there for a moment and allowing his vision to adjust he found himself quickly recognizing the girl, of course that was one of his better qualities as the student vice president was that he could recognize a good number of them with little to no problem. Though the fact that they were both on the track team back at Southridge also helped, having seen her at a number of their meets with the other girls of the team, but now Ianto found himself sifting a his pack in a slightly uncomfortable manner before moving forward without really even thinking. Good nature kicking back in at full gear from the less-than-pleasant person he had been since Serenity had died... after all she could be faking for all he knew trying to lure someone close and then stab them or something.

But of course he wouldn't let himself believe that, reaching where she was standing and glancing at her carefully before smiling slightly. "Um, it's Petra right? Let's um... let's get you out of the rain alright?" He muttered lightly, sifting to perhaps help lead the other girl along or something when a crackle of the intercoms came on—curious for all of two seconds before a loud yell of something from a game he was sure of yelled out across the airwaves causing Ianto more than enough confusion. But this just added on as he heard that vaguely familiar voice calling out, and he was faintly sure he had heard Terrie's and his own name. Glancing over his shoulder he moved to glance around the building he was standing near just in time to see Terrie vanish inside another building, glancing back to Heath and Petra and sighing a little.

"Help her inside will you?" He muttered quickly toward Heath before taking off toward the building he had remembered seeing Terrie move into, almost sipping in the drowned earth before making his way up the stairs where he proceeded to almost sip again as he moved past Margaret and almost ran smack into the embracing Terrie and Brad, taking a moment to catch his breath before dropping his back and rubbing away more blood from his forehead with a bit of a chuckle. "Oh, I see how it is... then again who wants to hug someone covered in blood and mud." He mused, though sighed because he really couldn't explain how happy he was that he didn't lose the two—he already had faced that feeling once and it hadn't been a good one... just really allowing himself to relax somewhat in the doorway with more the needy breaths of air. Yeah he needed to do something but his injury, change into something less drenched before he froze to death, and a hell of a lot of other things before the gods knew what else might happen to them.

At the time being though he was happy just knowing that the two of them both were okay...
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler riserugu. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
DetectiveArcher†

Post by DetectiveArcher† »

Petra shivered, not entriely from the cold, as a figure made its way towards her. Swallowing hard, the girl's mind raced. It was probably just someone coming to help her. After all, if they were playing, they'd have just shot her without taking the effort to come any closer. Unless...they didn't have a gun. They could still stab, club, or strangle her if they needed to.

Shaking with renewed vigor, Petra held her day pack close to her chest. If push came to shove, could she really hurt this person? Of course, she had the physical capability of hurting someone, that wasn't the problem. Sparring or fighting in a match wasn't the same thing as fighting to kill. Believing you weren't capable of taking a life and knowing how you'd react when the chips were down were two entirely different things.

She didn't think she would hurt the person walking towards her, but it was impossible to know. How many others told themselves they wouldn't hurt their classmates? Were those who had made that claim already dead, or did they compromise their ideals to survive? That was how the game was played. Kill or be killed.

Petra was surprised to notice she'd almost completely fallen into a fighting stance. Standing up straight, she kept her feet together, hopefully presenting a completely harmless demeanor. She didn't want to give the impression she was dangerous or any sort of threat.

As the outline slowly became Ianto Murphy, Petra let go of a breath she didn't realize she'd been holding. Ianto was a generally nice guy. Vice President of the student council, a fellow member of the track team, an accomplished guitarist and singer, and not at all unattractive, Ianto was a popular person. At the vary least it could be said that more people liked him than disliked him. Blinking away the rain and tears from her eyes, the sprinter knew she was in good hands. Ianto wasn't the type of person who'd be playing.

The Vice President stopped a short distance away. Looking into his eyes, Petra was shocked to see something she didn't expect to find anywhere on the island. Ianto gave a slight smile. In a place where friends were killing each other, such a simple expression was worth everything that mattered.

"Um, it's Petra right? Let's um... let's get you out of the rain alright?"

Smiling weakly back, the girl nodded. Ready to be out of the rain the girl took a step forward. Petra stopped when she noticed the bloody wound on Ianto's forehead. "Um...are you-"

SHORYUKEN!!

The sudden cry from the announcement speakers made the girl jump. She'd almost leaped forward into Ianto's arms, but managed to stop herself. Just act totally worthless, why don't you? Clearing her throat, the girl blushed at the mental admonishment. Hugging her day pack to her chest she did her best to sound self-assured.

"Y-you're hurt. I still have the bandages in m-my first aid kit if you need them..."

But, Ianto wasn't listening. Someone had called out the student council member's name and he'd already gone to investigate who it was before Petra had realized he'd gone. That was a girl's voice, wasn't it?

Feeling a stab of jealousy slide through the pit of her stomach, Petra lingered in the rain. After a few moments she chided herself for being so self-centered. Ianto couldn't focus all his attention on her. Other people might need help too. Ianto said to get out of the rain...go on, get moving.

Moving forward, the girl noticed the boy who'd been crossing the field to begin with. A small wave of guilt washed over her as she realized she didn't really know the boy, even though she'd swear she'd seen him at school a few times. He'd said his name was Heath, right?

One look at the rusted out hangar was enough to put Petra off the idea of seeking shelter there. The control tower seemed much more comfortable. And Ianto had headed in that direction.

"Uhm, Heath... maybe we should follow Ianto. I don't think it's a good idea to let him go off by himself. He was hurt, y'know? And besides, that place doesn't look at all safe to hang around."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler DetectiveArcher.
Solitair†

Post by Solitair† »

Margaret couldn't help but smile at the reunion between Terrie, Ianto, and Brad. The three of them relied on each other for support, and having that support pulled out from under you had to hurt. Not that Margaret would know; she made herself do without for so long that she'd forgotten what it felt like in the first place.

She politely cleared her throat. "I don't mean to interrupt, but what exactly are we supposed to do now? I've got nothing." I doubt that they'd react well to my Melina vendetta.

She noticed a new student in the room, Petra Andrews. From what she could tell, she had been pushed around by her parents her whole life, driven to succeed at school and on the field. She felt for the girl, really she did, but it didn't hold a candle to the experiences that Margaret and Brad had gone through. As mean as her parents were, they still protected her from the world at large. If push came to shove, though, she supposed that the two of them could work together.

This was more than Margaret could say for either Terrie or Ianto. Terrie was, to put it bluntly, a parasite. Margaret had never known her to do much of anything on her own, always relying on her friends or her older brothers to guide her life. That, and she wailed like a siren whenever she so much as stubbed her toe. Ianto was no less irritating because of his gigantic naiveté. His ignorant belief that everything would work out in the end conveniently excluded people of Margaret's social status and income. He was a god, and she was a clod. That was the long and short of it.

If she had a good weapon, she would probably have followed the same path as Bobby Jacks. Now she was forced to pair up with two upper-class twits. Brad would have been good enough, but unfortunately he wouldn't be parting from the two of them anytime soon. So at the end of the day, this is what I'm stuck with. Might as well make the best of it.

Return to “Airfield”