Match Point

Separate from the barracks, the showers are exactly as their name would suggest. The room is, in essence, a large bathroom facility with an open shower area. It's an ideal place to rest, but don't loiter around for too long. The lone door in the front of the building could sign your fate if an ambitious player follows you inside.
Crash†

Match Point

Post by Crash† »

(Trish McCarroll continued from Birds Of a Feather Burn Together)

The last twelve hours had passed by in an erratic haze for Trish, her mind devoting every ounce of energy she still possessed into preventing her from having a complete breakdown. The throbbing pain in her thigh had begun to act up again a couple hours after the pair left the hospital, so they'd stopped to take a rest. Her physically and emotionally drained body unable to carry itself any further, Trish collapsed into catatonic sleep.

A few hours later she woke to the amusing sight of James sitting on a stump nearby, fast asleep, a small speckle of drool gently making its way down his chin. She guessed that he'd been trying to keep watch as she rested, evidently only to meet the same fate as her. After taking a moment to stretch, Trish fumbled through her bag for her contact lenses and took a few minutes to set a now moisturized pair into her eyes. Something told her that was the last rest she'd get on the island, and there was no better time to prepare herself.

After waking James with a start the two had continued their aimless trek through the jungle, Trish's only goal being to get as far away from the hospital as possible while avoiding the danger zones. The awkward hobble she relied on to make her way across the island eventually became so annoying, however, that the two stopped for another few minutes so that she could redress her wound. The area was slightly pussy but didn't look like it had swollen any further, which was a good sign. It still stung considerably, but it was nothing she couldn't live with. After spending close to two weeks on this island, Trish had now seen and felt much worse.

The endless, dense foliage eventually broke away gradually, leading the two to the shower complex. The temptation to wash the blood, dirt and grime out of her hair and off her body was almost overwhelming, but logic told Trish that now obviously was not the time. Her collar hadn't began its usual warning signal, an omen that she was thankful for.

As she approached the building with James and the thick, coppery scent she was now quite familiar with began to sink in once more, Trish couldn't help but relive some of the terrible moments she'd grappled with since their deposition here. It had been almost a week since Jake died, but the sight of his battered and broken corpse had never left her dreams since. Jake's face slowly faded out of her thoughts and molded into Danni's, whose cracking voice and eviscerated torso slowly stained the imaginary window she saw them through. For some reason, though, the image of Danni began to warp itself in her mind and was slowly replaced by a mangled image of James...

Trish shook her head. She couldn't bear to think of that possibility. But still...

"James..." she whispered slowly, turning her attention from the showers to him and breaking the silence.

"What happens if...we're the only ones left?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Crash. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Cyco†

Post by Cyco† »

((James continued from Birds of a Feather...))

Trish's inquiry was one that had been on his mind for a few days, but had never seemed appropriate to ask. Maybe it had seemed a little dangerous. His imagination had run wild with the idea and actually convinced him that bringing it up would in time break the group apart. Ridiculous, yeah, but all he'd had left were Danni and Trish. He hadn't wanted to risk it. Rightfully so...Danni's absence left a black hole in his heart. He couldn't lose Trish. That'd be it.

James opened his mouth, but instead let out a slow breath and took a moment to find the right words to say to something like that. He wasn't holding out to go home anymore. It felt like kind of an empty reward if all his friends were dead, like he was playing to win the consolation prize.

'...What if my whole life was just leading up to this?

...Wait a sec. Stupid question.
'

Finally he spoke, looking Trish in the eyes. "If we're the only ones left? I'll race you to the nearest dangerzone." A buffoonish smile crept across his face. He hoped it would cheer her up.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Cyco. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Crash†

Post by Crash† »

"If we're the only ones left? I'll race you to the nearest dangerzone."

James' answer was anything but what Trish had been expecting. She figured James would either brush it off and say they'd cross that bridge when they came to it, or tell her that he hadn't thought about it at all. She'd been expecting the two of them to have to sit down and talk it through, or maybe come up with some sort of plan. And most of all, she certainly didn't expect his answer to make her smile.

But smile she did, as she found herself so often doing in James' presence.

"With this leg?" she inquired, motioning with her head to her bullet wound. "Come on, no fair."

Trish chuckled for the first time in days, a genuine sense of comfort replacing the concerned expression on her face. Her piercing brown eyes met with James', and the grin turned into a warmer smile. She cast her eyes back towards the ground for a moment before looking back up at him.

"James...thank you," she offered simply, the unprovoked gratitude solidifying itself in the realization that she probably wouldn't be alive if it weren't for him. "...For everything."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Crash. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Theseus†

Post by Theseus† »

((Lenny Priestly continued from Walkin' in Circles)

Lenny Priestly realized the walk through the jungle took longer than expected, and with his wounds, that was probably expected. He almost fell over once, but luckily he had a tree to grab on to. He had kept checking periodically to make sure Lulu was caught up. It wasn't like they had much to talk about. What do you say to someone when you've killed some of their friends?

Lenny didn't care, and when he saw the forest start to break away, he slowed up. He walked forward slowly, until he could see the clearing, and he placed his hand on a tree and looked at the showers in the distance. In front of them, he saw two people. He couldn't make out who they were, but they weren't shooting at each other.

He waited for Lulu to catch up, to talk about what they would do next.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Theseus. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
ZombiexCreame†

Post by ZombiexCreame† »

((Lulu Altaire continued from Walkin' In Circles))

Lulu Altaire saw Lenny ahead of her, leaning on a tree. He was peering forward at a building that she assumed was the showers. If she squinted her eyes, she could see two figures standing there. Friends? Enemies? Who knew. After walking a few more steps, she caught up with Lenny. For a wounded guy, he sure could walk faster than Lulu.

Then again, Lulu had never been a fast walker. She always got caught up in things, like her thoughts, mostly. But then she had to make sure that she wasn't tripping on anything, like a wild tree root. And recently, Lulu found herself constantly straining her ears and looking over her shoulder. You could never be totally sure. There could be a player anywhere.

But the heavy metallic object in her hands gave Lulu comfort. It was like her very own 'Get Out Of Jail Free' card. If she ever got in trouble, she could just aim it and fire. But the keyword was could. If she wanted to. And she didn't really. Her two kills already left her with a sickening feeling in her stomach. A third time would be just dreadful. But she could do it.

She looked out in the distance after cleaning off her glasses and squinted her eyes again. Yep, definitely two people. Were they...talking? That was definitely a good sign.

"It doesn't look like they're playing...we should talk to them," Lulu suggested. It would be nice to talk to someone that wasn't hell bent on killing. Talk to some friendly people. That was always nice. "What do you think? Want to go over there?" she asked him.

Lulu paused again, wrinkling her eyebrows. "Your wounds look bad, did you patch them up? I have some band-aids.." she told him. She didn't really want to see her new companion falling out on the ground and dying.

"If that happened, I think it would be agreed that my luck is awful."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler ZombiexCreame. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Theseus†

Post by Theseus† »

Lenny could see the danger in just approaching these people, but when did he ever care? He just shrugged and said, "If you think we should, then we will. Make sure you got your finger on that trigger though, and I swear to god if you freeze out there I'll just end your lucky streak now."

Lenny wasn't sure why he was being so mean, there was no reason to act tough around this girl anymore, and then she talked about his wounds. Band-aids, really?

He was beyond help now.

He had managed to clean and wrap up the worst of his wounds, but he was no doctor. Plus, the new wounds from his fight with Jordan all led to him being in bad shape. Real bad shape.

Lenny knew that he didn't have much longer before he succumbed to his wounds.

"I'll be fine, it's beyond looking at anyways."

Lenny focused his attention back to the two people in front of the showers.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Theseus. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
ZombiexCreame†

Post by ZombiexCreame† »

Lulu nodded at Lenny. "Yes...I think we should go to them. If they're friendly, we could all help each other. Friends never hurt," Lulu said cheerily.

"...Make sure you got your finger on that trigger though, and I swear to god if you freeze out there I'll just end your lucky streak now."

Lulu sighed, rolling her eyes. She really didn't want to keep her finger on the trigger. I mean, sure, if they turned out to be blood-thirsty psychopaths, she would shoot, but Lulu didn't see the point in getting all paranoid over something that could potentially be nothing.

Well, maybe she should play it safe. Lulu's finger hovered over the trigger, but it just felt wrong to her. She removed her finger promptly and just managed to hold the gun tightly. That would be enough, wouldn't it?

"Geez, chill man. How about I end your lucky streak..?" Lulu muttered, not taking her eyes off the showers. She wasn't about to let Lenny threaten her. She figured they were about even. Lulu obviously was a weakling when it came down to it but she wasn't injured, aside from the bullet scrape, and her gun was better than Lenny's.

"Can't ya be nice? We're a team now so let's just get along," Lulu told him. Her words sounded more like something Barney the Dinosaur would say, but she didn't care. Cheesy or not, she didn't want any more conflict between the two of them.

Clean slate. Clean slate. Squeaky clean slate.

After Lenny told Lulu that he would be fine, she decided that there wasn't much else to do than approach the showers. "Alright, then I think if we're set to go, let's head down there, shall we?" Lulu asked. She switched her bag from her right shoulder to her left and kept a tight grip on her gun. She made the slow descent down to the showers, ready to shoot if necessary.

She doubted that she would have to. But what if she did...? The further she walked, the more fear crept into her heart. She looked behind her shoulder at Lenny. "You go first," she told him, her voice quivering a little.

"You're just a scared little girl. They might be friendly, who knows! But if they shoot...then I have to be strong and shoot back...I've done it before. I've done it before..done it before.."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler ZombiexCreame. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Cyco†

Post by Cyco† »

James was surprised to find his stomach knot up a little as Trish's smile became warm. A nervous chortle escaped his lips. Was he blushing? "H-heh...don't mention it." He scratched the back of his head, not surprised at all to find his hair very greasy and unpleasant, with various grit and a cornucopia of jungle seeds adorning his scalp.

His head darted upwards suddenly to a nearby PA. The announcements had come on. The final ten. They were so close...to what exactly it was hard to say, but this didn't feel like an appropriate time to stand around and exchange pleasantries.

"We should peace...come on..."

((continued elsewhere...))

'...Damn, she's pretty.'
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Cyco. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Theseus†

Post by Theseus† »

Lenny started to walk ahead first, when the announcements came on. He froze, deciding now was not the time to confront the people at the showers. He listened to the names of those who died, and the killers. It had become such a mundane task, listening to the announcements. The only point now was to listen for danger zones, and to see who was left. That was the interesting thing about this announcement. There were under 10 left.

Lenny looked at Lulu and said, "Looks like we made it." He was about to say something else when a huge explosion erupted, and he saw what looked like smoke far away rising into the sky.

Lenny quickly scanned around, trying to figure out the source of such a massive explosion. He had no idea what it could be, but he knew whatever it was, it couldn't be good. He saw the boy at the showers take off, and he knew that the girl would probably soon follow. Confronting them now wouldn't be a good idea.

Lenny looked at the smoke rising in the sky and looked at Lulu.

"Whatever that was, I don't think we want to head in that direction. That must have been one crazy fight."

The thought of a fight, or an event that could cause that much destruction, it shot a feeling into Lenny he hadn't felt for a while. A feeling of a bigger purpose, something he yearned for. He was getting tired of killing people, it was so easy. Why couldn't he had been involved in that? What a way to go. There weren't many people left, Lenny would go down like that. He wouldn't accept less.
ZombiexCreame†

Post by ZombiexCreame† »

Lulu was actually a little relieved that Lenny was walking ahead, but she didn't have much time to follow. By then, the familiar voice of Mr. Danya filled the air and Lulu paused to listen to the announcements like she had so many days prior.

It was simply a morbid thought to think of how much she looked forward to these little announcements. All they talked about was death, death, death. Murder, murder, murder. And danger zones. And danger zones would mean more death for some. Life for others. Life for her.

As per usual, she listened to the announcements, taking note of the various names. But then the shocker came. There were only about ten left. Seriously? Lulu wasn't entirely sure whether to be happy or manically depressed. Their entire senior class...gone. Decimated to like...ten. Sure, this thought wasn't extremely shocking, but Lulu couldn't help but feel blown away.

After that initial shock was over, she couldn't help but feel a little happy. A little joyous. "I..Lulu Altaire..I've made it THIS far..I really cannot believe it..I thought I would die first day.."

She looked over at Lenny and couldn't help but smile slightly. "Y..yeah, we did. This is unreal.." she said, wiping her sweaty forehead. She was tempted to high five Lenny, but realized how inappropriate that would be. This was Survival of the Fittest, not monopoly.

Lulu also managed to take note that they weren't in a danger zone. She was about to begin walking, when suddenly, a large explosion occurred. The force was massive, for Lulu could feel the area around her shake slightly. Looking up into the air, she could see a large ball of fire and ash raining down in the distance. "Whooaaa.." she mouthed wordlessly, staring blankly.

"What in the world...What was that?" she asked, her eyes wide. She looked down at the showers to see how the two people would react, but they were leaving. Lulu wasn't sure whether to feel relieved or disappointed. Maybe both. Relieved, because they could have been players...or disappointed, because the four of them could have joined forces. Hmm...maybe not.

"Gotta stop being so positive..not everyone wants to play nicely.." Lulu reminded herself.

""Whatever that was, I don't think we want to head in that direction. That must have been one crazy fight."

Lulu nodded at Lenny. "Yeah...must have been. So are we still going down to the showers?" she asked him. Now that the two people before them were leaving, there wouldn't be anything to stop them.
Crash†

Post by Crash† »

(Sorry for the delay - read away post @_@)

The announcements roared to life around them, and as casually as he could Danya listed the new additions to the ever-growing pile of corpses. As Harry's name came up, Trish couldn't help but remember that not a few weeks ago she was sketching him and Dan as they played guitar back at Southridge. She'd never have the opportunity to do that again. They were both dead, and so was any dear memory she associated with her high school.

An explosion interrupted her reminiscence, and her grip on the AK tightened reflexively as she wheeled about, looking for any sign of the source of it. She couldn't see anything, but something in the back of her mind told her that she wasn't alone. With the treeline surrounding the showers obscuring her vision, she knew that if anyone jumped out to attack her right now they'd have a distinct advantage.

"We should peace...come on..."

James' suggestion sounded like gold to her. Trish cast another wary glance about the area before cautiously hobbling back into the safety of the jungle at James' heels.

(Trish McCarroll continued elsewhere)
Theseus†

Post by Theseus† »

Lenny watched as the girl went, and as far as he could see, the showers were empty. At least on the outside.

Turning to Lulu, he said, "Yeah, let's check out those showers. I wonder if they still work."

Cleaning up was the last thing on Lenny's mind, but it has been a long journey on this island, and he smelled really bad. Not only did he smell, he was covered in mud, blood, and things he probably didn't know want to know. He was in the final 10 now, maybe he should clean up for the finale which was sure to happen soon. Lenny lifted his arm and smelt under his armpit and said, "I don't think deodorant's strong enough."

Walking forward out of the tree line, Lenny had his handgun out and at his side. He walked slowly up to the showers and looked back at Lulu. Quickly, he made his way inside and did a quick check of the building. No one, they were alone. At least, no one that was alive. There were bodies everywhere, which was a common sight now a days.

Lenny walked back outside and motioned for Lulu to come on in. It was safe.
ZombiexCreame†

Post by ZombiexCreame† »

Lulu watched as the girl left, following behind the boy. In her head, she wished the two of them luck. Just a little bit of luck so that maybe they would live longer. That's what everyone needed. More luck and more time. Of course, they could be players but Lulu didn't contemplate much on that. They were gone now.

Following behind Lenny to the showers, he made a comment wondering if they still worked. Lulu shrugged in response but sort of doubted it. There didn't seem to be much of anything working on the island. Of course washing the filth off would be mega sweet but she really didn't want to get her hopes up. Her hopes had been wounded too many times before on things not as trivial as a shower.

Besides, she had almost gotten used to being gross and nasty. Back at home, Lulu was always one of those "shower once or twice a day" kind of people so it really took some getting used to. Not being clean that is. She ran a hand over her red hair that was tangled, greasy and beginning to curl a little. If anything, she did want to wash her hair a bit. Once again, she reminded herself that the showers probably didn't work and having nice hair was not crucial to her survival.

Not to mention that this was a building. And like all buildings, they all seemed to house their own suitable amount of corpses. Lulu didn't think she could hang around with a bunch of dead bodies for too long. While she was a little used to the sight and smell, it still made her sick. In Lulu's eyes, every dead body just reminded her of her friends or the two boys she had killed. She shook her head from these thoughts. Now wasn't the time to think of that. It was in the past.

She watched and waited while Lenny walked into the building to make sure it was empty. Her mind was flooded with thoughts of someone jumping out from the bushes to kill her or maybe there was a student in the showers, ready to ambush Lenny. Fortunately, he returned and motioned for her to come in. Lulu walked inside, looking around the area. And of course, there were corpses. "Urgh..."
Theseus†

Post by Theseus† »

Lenny watched as Lulu entered and saw her dis-taste for the bodies. Not surprising, nobody wanted to be around a bunch of dead bodies, not even Lenny. Though, the question now was what now? They were in here, no body was here, and the number of students on the island was extremely low. It wasn't a small island, so they could very well end up not seeing anyone for a while.

Though Lenny doubted that.

"So, what now girl?"

Lenny made his way to the door and peered outside. No one in sight.

"We can hold out here for a bit until someone comes our way, or we can try our best to get out stuff in order, then head out towards our eventual demise. Both ways sound fine to me."

Lenny hated the rain earlier, but now he missed it. It would be refreshing, a nice change of pace.

Lenny was tired, not just sleepy tired, but emotionally he was drained. He was ready for this all to end, he was ready to lay down and close his eyes and not have to worry anymore. Yeah, that sounded nice.
ZombiexCreame†

Post by ZombiexCreame† »

Lulu sighed, lying her duffel bag and scythe on the ground. She sat down beside her stuff and hugged her knees, peering about the (mostly) empty room. She wasn't sure of what to think or what to do. How to feel or how to cope. She didn't even feel like herself. She felt like a blended up milkshake, unsure if she should be scared, angry or happy. After thinking for a second, she decided that she should just be content. She wasn't dying, there was no one after her life, she wasn't injured and she was one of about ten people still alive. Maybe she was lucky but Lulu felt like every second spent living was another second spent towards death. This thought sent a shiver up her spine.

She looked over at Lenny as he spoke to her. For almost a moment, she had forgotten he was there. "So, what now girl?"

Lulu frowned as Lenny turned to look out the door. "What now girl? I have a name ya know. I'm not a dog. What if I called you boy instead of Lenny?" she asked. She realized how trivial this was but she still felt like commenting on it. Oh well, they did have other things to focus on.

But the next thing Lenny said made Lulu flinch very slightly. He was talking about their 'eventual demise' in such a blase manner. "Eventual demise? That's no way of thinking. If we head out of here thinking about dying...then we will. I mean, yes I know that we are going to die, most likely, but still...It's not a positive way to think. If you go ahead thinking about our eventual death, then maybe you should have committed suicide out in the forest. But you didn't so you must have some inspiration to live," Lulu told him staring at his back.

Just in case there was an awkward silence, Lulu directly began to speak again. "I like the first option...Waiting for someone to come. If so, we could help them," she told Lenny. In truth, she wasn't really sure who was left. How many people were players and how many people were just normal kids trying to scrape the surface of survival? She didn't really know. Maybe everyone out there was a player. This thought scared her and she quickly told herself that it couldn't be true. There was hope somewhere.

Return to “The Showers”