18 and Life

Your crime is time and it's...

The jailhouse sits away from the main settlement on the island, probably as a precautionary measure to keep the townspeople safe from those in lockup. It's a simple, two-story building with a row of cells on the bottom floor and a spare room, probably where the guard used to sleep, upstairs. The cells seem lonely now and beckon for a new body to be locked behind their bars.
Ciel†

18 and Life

Post by Ciel† »

(Brad Kavanagh continued from Wherever the fuck he came from.)

Brad Kavanagh (Male Student no. 14) laughed. He really couldn't help it. Hell, he probably would be giggling like a girl if it wasn't for the horrible aching pain in both his arm and chest. It felt out of place sure, but what did that matter? He was probably the only person who would get the humor. It was more an inside joke more than anything: After all, he had just got released from jail several months before getting drugged and put on an island where he was most likely going to get killed anyway. Very ironic, but what was even more hilarious was that here, on what most appeared to be an abandoned island, was a jail. Someone, somewhere was mocking him. Whoever it was, they were probably getting a kick out of this. It was enough to make Brad scream, but he still kept a somewhat optimistic smile across his face.

He was certainly thinking positively, given the situation he was in. Brad would have been the first to crack under this much pressure had he been kidnapped about a year ago. Now... he was calm. Very calm. He certainly wasn't going insane... at least, he didn't think he was. He lasted about two days without killing someone, so that was proof enough... Then again, he did shoot Christian twice and the last time Brad had seen him he looked in pretty bad condition. This goes without saying that Brad didn't mean to shoot Christian but when has that every been a good excuse? Almost every single murderer on the face of the planet could have said something along those lines after the killing.

Brad was no killer. Yeah, sure, he had beat up a couple of guys, but that number was under five. He was no expert at kicking the shit out of people, but he was worse at killing. He could never do that!

Well... in self-defense, yes he WOULD. That was as far as he was willing to go.

Brad shook his head. None of that mattered right now. The first order of business was to find shelter, and believe it or not, THIS PLACE was the only thing that he could find. Nothing like a hotel or anything, but Brad found it hard to tell the difference between the two. He turned around to say something to the group behind him, only to find out that no one else was around. IN FACT, he had no clue what happened to the group he was just with. Terrie... Simon... Will... No one. Were they just lagging behind? It's been two days, and none of them had gotten any rest, whilst Brad couldn't have felt anymore energized. That was it. He had just gone too far ahead.

Or... was it that they figured you were an insane son-of-a-bitch for stomping out of there the way you did with your hand tied around Terrie's arm, and just stayed back? That WAS kinda childish of you.

Brad didn't say anything. He just stared at the ground. Hell, even he didn't have an explanation for why he acted the way he did. It wasn't the fact that someone had been murdered! The effect that usually radiated from the sight of a corpse could literally drive someone to suicide, and Brad had remained calm. However, the reason why he did get mad was because... He wasn't sure. If he were to hazard a guess, the actual reasoning behind killing boiled his blood more than the act of killing itself. Plus, the fact that the boy back there was making up lame excuses made him even more angry. Now he was calm again, and he couldn't see why he would be so pissed off over a simple misunderstanding (or as much of a misunderstanding cold-blooded murder could get).

That was when Brad realized that HE was completely alone.

"... I'm not going to lie to ya," he said to no one in particular. "I'm kinda scared."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Ciel. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

((Continued from Lost))

Somewhere during the journey from the tree to wherever they were now, Terrie had fallen quite far behind the others. The fact that they had been lost when they'd arrived at the tree hadn't helped matters any, nor had the fact that since they'd arrived at that god foresaken tree, she had barely had a second to think, let alone look at her map to determine her location.

Fortunately for her, it seemed that she had managed to avoid any of those "dangerzones" that Danya had made during the first announcement. She had survived this long, by some miracle of God, and she definitely didn't want to go out now by making one misguided step in the wrong direction. She cleared the treeline, completely winded, when her thoughts were interrupted by what was definitely Brad Kavanagh talking to himself.

She let out a light laugh that probably sounded more like a wheeze than anything, "At least we're not alone," she mused.

Catching her breath was proving rather difficult, probably from the fact that she was still slowly losing blood from the open cuts on her arm and chest. She had patched them up shoddily, but the wound on her side seemed to have bled through the cloth she'd used as a bandage and was once again staining her light blue tanktop an even darker color of crimson.

Throughout all their time at the tree, Terrie had been too focused on other people to think about herself.

It wasn't a bad trait at all, but in a game of life and death, not treating your wounds because you're too busy tending to others can have catastrophic consequences. She seemed to recall one of the competitors during the first season -- one of her brother Sam's favorites -- dying because of wounds he'd sustained in the game. She definitely didn't want that to happen to her... to come so far, only to fall victim to something so insignificant.

Not that a gunshot wound was insignificant by any means. Then again, she had been lucky and had only been grazed. She couldn't imagine what it would've felt like to have actually been hit with the bullet. The gash it had left was enough pain for her. She let out a light sigh and closed her eyes for just a moment, quickly reopening them to take in her surroundings.

An old building stood in front of them. The cold brick exterior of the building didn't seem very inviting, but given the circumstances, it would have to do. This was the first shelter they'd come across during the past two days on the island. Being inside through the cold night would be a welcome change from having to worry about being eaten by wolves or other wildlife in addition to being murdered while they slept.

Sleep. That was another thing Terrie desperately needed. The past day had been full of chaos and confusion, and for over twenty-four hours she had been running on adrenaline alone. If not for the attack by Blood Boy the night prior at the tree, she probably would've passed out inside the hollowed out innards. But, it didn't seem that it was meant to be. Instead, they wound up fighting for their lives until morning.

Things hadn't seemed to get much better from there. Most of the day had been peaceful, but they'd spent the entirety of it patching up the wounds of the people around them. They still hadn't finished up when Viktor Kurchatov had killed Kristin... a fact that up until just now hadn't completely set in on Terrie. She would have cried, but she'd shed so many tears over the past two days that she didn't think she was capable of crying anymore.

"We should check out the inside," Terrie stated finally, eyeing what was apparently a jailhouse as she spoke, "It looks like we're calling this place home for the night... better make sure we don't have any unwanted visitors."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Megami. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Ciel†

Post by Ciel† »

Brad was slightly surprised to see Terrie, forgetting completely about the fact that he had pulled her along with him about a hour ago. When he finally remembered, a large dumbbell of guilt fell from the sky and hit Brad on the top of the head. Added with the fact that she had caught him talking to himself, and the whole situation was making him feel even worse. It was kind of rude, him literally pulling her away from the hollow tree like a ragdoll. He focused his attention on keeping eye contact with her.

"Oh. Hey Terrie..." he spoke, trying his best not to sound stupid. "Sorry about all that back there. I just really wanted to get out of there. We stayed there for way too long and-"

Brad finally realized that Terrie had a rose-stained cloth wrapped across her shirt, and the sight of it made him shiver. Fuck... I completely forgot. Terrie got hurt too! Of course this wasn't true. He had known that Terrie was bleeding badly, but that made the whole deal even worse. He was thinking so much about himself that he didn't even offer to help her.

"Oh... shit! Terrie, you're bleeding!" Brad zipped his bag open, shifting through everything inside in a desperate search for the first-aid kit. "Hold on! I'll try to fix-" Of course, he would have been able to help her if his first-aid kit fell out of his bag and crashed on the ground, the contents sprawling all over the ground.

"G-Goddamnit!" he growled, crawling on the ground in an attempt to regain some dignity. "Of all the fucking..." He stared down on the ground, then laughed (although this came out very forced). "You know... we've been having a very bad streak of luck, haven't we? I'm just thinking that all of this can't get any worse. The only direction we can go is up."

That's when the announcement came on, and everything that he was doing came to a screeching halt.

"... Fourteenth down was the lovely miss Kara Holmes, although I guess she isn't so lovely now. She ran into Nathanial Harris at the sea cliffs, predictably started running her mouth, and dear Nate decided to shut her up..."

"... Next down was Troy McCann. Apparently, Gabriel wasn't happy just killing Karl, so he decided to off Troy too. I think Gabriel's a ..."

Brad stared at the ground, his widened, mouth ajar, hands trembling. All of the objects that were in his hands fell right back to the ground, unable to hold onto them anymore. In fact, he couldn't exactly DO anything at all. All the enthusiasm was taken away from him. The fire inside of his heart extinguished. The atmosphere around him changed from a fairly optimistic one to a forlorn, depressed expression. His eyes reached straight up to Terrie for a bleak moment before heading right back down to the ground, refusing to look towards anything else. His eyelids closed, both of his hands wrapping around his knees.

"No... no, that can't be possible. No. I can't believe it. No, no. That was all just a joke. Yeah. A joke. A sick motherfucking joke. A sick, motherfucking belated April Fool's joke that I caught onto. Kara... Troy... you two can't die. I'm supposed to find you two and get you off this island. That's WHAT supposed to happen... you two can't be dead. No. No. No. I won't believe it. No..."

He wiped a tear from his eye. "God damn it..."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Ciel. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Mitsuko2†

Post by Mitsuko2† »

((Continued from Lost))

"It is true... I saw it... Kara's dead... And It's my fault..." Serenity said as she and Ianto walked from the forest. Ianto was helping her walk, and she was leaning on his heavily. Her wound was bleeding profusely, and her breathing was ragged from the pain. Her arm had been bleeding so much that she couldn't feel a thing. It was useless to her by now, there was no way she would be able to save it.

"I... I watched him... he killed her... My best friend... I just sat there and watched...." She felt herself crying again. "It was like I couldn't move... Oh god... Kara... Why'd you leave me...? I need you! Why?!" She began to bawl. Her entire life was starting to crumble before her very eyes, and she couldn't handle it.

"I screamed at him... and he shot me... But maybe I deserved it... I didn't even try to help her!" She cried. Her voice was shaky, and she began to tremble. Her bleeding was begging to take it's toll on her. She needed to wrap her wounds.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Mitsuko2. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

As quickly as they had arrived at the jailhouse, things seemed to have broken apart. Brad seemed to be in some kinda of daze, noticing the wound Terrie'd been quite aware of for a while now and panicking before spilling the contents of his daypack all over the ground. As he frustratedly picked up his belongings, all Terrie could do was offer him a gentle smile.

"It's fine, really. Just a scratch. I'll take care of it when we get inside."

Brad uttered out a somewhat hopeful statement, and Terrie simply smiled and nodded in response.

"You're right. Things can only get so bad before they start getting better, right? We've just... got to have faith."

Terrie sighed quietly and brushed a strand of hair from her face. They needed to get inside and regroup. Before she had the chance to suggest doing so, that painfully perky voice belonging to the one and only Mr. Danya rang out over the island, signifying it as their third day there.

Three days... and somehow... we're still alive. I... I wonder how much longer...

So very many people had been killed over the course of one single day. Terrie shook her head sadly, a visible frown passing across her features. Everyone in her class, they had all seemed like good people, even if they did have their flaws and downsides. So how in God's name could they have collectively managed to kill twenty people in a single day?

"How sad," she mumbled quietly, her hazel eyes trailing down to the ground.

Every single name on that list, she knew. She had gone to school with them. She had been friends with them. Even if she hadn't exactly hung out with them, she'd at the very least smiled as she passed by them in the hallways. That was the kind of person she was, and that was what ran through her mind now as she listened to all the dead.

Kristin...

She had been there. She had watched Kristin die. Even so, the fact that she was dead was so surreal that even though she had seen it with her own two eyes, she was still unable to believe what had truly happened. A fatigued sigh escaped her lips, and her eyes moved over to the jailhouse once again. They should go.

Before she could voice her opinion, Brad's outburst caught her attention. Brad sunk to the ground, crying out in anguish about the deaths of what had apparently been two of his friends on the list. Troy McCann... she remembered him mentioning Troy back at the tree... one of the few friends he seemed to have had.

Kara Holmes... Terrie had never had a run-in with the girl, personally. From what she had heard, Kara was... not a nice person. Apparently she liked to pick on people and thought she was better than everybody else. Still, no matter what, that didn't give someone the right to do the things that had been done to Kara. To someone who was one of her friends, it was probably hard to deal with.

The sound of Brad's crying was quickly drowned out by the wailing of Serenity, who had come staggering up behind them. She, too, appeared completely traumatized by Kara's death. Terrie sighed quietly, her hand falling sympathetically on Brad's shoulder.

"I know... it's hard," Terrie voiced quietly, her attention turning from Brad to Serenity, "But... we can't give up. Your friends, they wouldn't want you to give up. They'd want you to go on... to keep fighting... and keep on surviving. Because... that's all we can do... that's how we have to preserve their memory. We have to keep fighting and keep working toward beating the system... if we don't... how many others are going to lose friends to this game? They'd want that for us... they'd want us to go on... that's the only way that we can bring any kind of justice to their deaths."

Terrie nodded solemnly in affirmation of her own words. After all, they were words that she wholeheartedly believed.

"We... we have to have faith."

She smiled slightly at Serenity and Brad. Her words might not have made any difference, and they might have only brought some kind of miniscule comfort to the fact that their good friend was dead, but she felt it necessary to say something. That was all she could do. Her eyes moved back toward the jailhouse once more, and she sighed quietly.

"We should move inside. It looks like it's going to rain, and Serenity still needs to be patched up."

Not waiting on the rest of the group, Terrie allowed her hand to slide off of Brad's shoulder and moved toward the jailhouse. It looked completely deserted, but it wouldn't hurt to check things out anyway. She stopped momentarily to remove her gun from her daypack and headed through the open doors. Hopefully, the others would be along shortly.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Megami. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Ciel†

Post by Ciel† »

"Faith..."

The word faith visibly had no meaning on this island. It was all pure luck, although Brad Kavanagh had previously thought there was more to it than that. He was under the impression that if he really believed that everyone could get through the next couple of days, things would be fine. Now... he really wasn't sure. For the past forty-two hours he had riding on the hopes of finding Troy, Kara, and a bunch of other people... he was naive enough to think he could do it. Now, all of his hopes were dashed and he really didn't see the need of going on. Terrie spoke to him in a way he could neither understand nor could even describe.

She was the one who saw her friend get killed right in front of her, and she was preaching the power of faith to Brad. What's more, he actually felt just a bit more calm. Calm enough to stop crying and actually able himself to stand on two feet. His head felt woozy and staggered around for a moment, then sniffed loudly.

"I don't know what to s-say Terrie... I mean, here we are killing each other, and you're trying to console us... but you're right. Absolutely right. I don't have much to go on other than faith I suppose... I don't see much else to live for, since it's either escape or kill... But what's faith without pur-"

That's when he noticed that Terrie walked away.

"-pose?"

Yeah, way to go Brad. You're talking to yourself again. Feel good about looking crazy?

Brad grumbled, brushing the sloppy locks of his brown hair out of his eyes before glancing over at Serenity. He couldn't help but feel sad for her. She was a very beautiful girl who practically beamed ambition and she witnessed... Kara's death. Hell, Kara never really liked Brad and the feeling almost transcended the other way around, and he broke down when he heard that Kara died. Serenity was one of Kara's best friends. The sadness she must have been feeling doubled what Brad had. Deep down, Brad really wished she didn't have to suffer... but it wasn't like she was the only one. He would have said the same thing for just about anyone else.

"Serenity..." he spoke at last, finding himself at a sudden loss for words. "I know you're in pain. I know you hurting inside, but we have to keep moving. We'll get inside here, fix you up... t-then we'll figure out what to do. There will be time to cry later..."

He hoped he hadn't come off as a bit cold. That wasn't his intention, but he was finding it hard to care. Brad looked on as Terrie entered the jailhouse many strides away from everyone else, completely alone and with her gun. He became slightly worried that letting her go off alone would end up very badly and walked after her, limping slightly at the pain in his side. Shit... I forgot it hurt to walk...

He was also aware that Christian and Will were nowhere to be seen, but he just put that thought to the side. Will must be carrying Christian... yeah, that's it. The two of them had to be okay. They just... yeah. There was nothing to worry about. Nothing at all. They were okay. At least, this was what Brad really wanted to believe.

He peered through the open doorway, rubbing one of his tired eyes with his palm. "Shit... it's dark in here. Didn't they have the courtesy to turn on the electricity on?"
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

Light footsteps rapped on the dirt pathway behind her, but Terrie thought nothing of it as she continued on into the jailhouse. Rows of cells stretched across both walls, most of them with the doors wide open. Terrie couldn't help but find all the open cells somewhat eerie. In fact, there was something none to comforting about the jailhouse itself. Jail was a place that people went to when they did bad things... in SOTF, they were being forced to do the worst thing possible.
It was ironic in a way.

Her footsteps seemed to echo loudly on the old wooden floor of the building as she walked. She held the gun in her hand, although it was pointed at the floor rather than in front of her. Her eyes darted back and forth from cell to cell, scouring the area for potential enemies hiding in the darkness. She truly hoped nobody already occupied the jailhouse. Their group had seen more than its fair share of trouble during the past few days on the island.

At the end of the room, a flight of wooden stairs lead up to the second story of the jailhouse. After deeming the first floor clear, Terrie headed up the stairs, even her small frame making the wood creak as she moved. As she neared the top of the stairs, her trail of vision immediately fell upon the somewhat daunting bars that lined the otherwise open area.

The door had been left open, and on the other side was what appeared to be a small apartment type area. Terrie's free hand reached toward the bars and her fingers wrapped around the cold steel. She was hesitant to enter the area at first, but it seemed desolate and empty. Inevitably, she moved forward, slowly walking through the area, searching the few rooms that belonged to it. Everything was clear.

After a few moments, Terrie ventured into the bedroom and allowed her pack to drop to the floor with a light thud. She allowed herself to fall into a seated position on the bed and sighed quietly. Her eyes trailed out the window to the cloudy and overcast sky outside. The bedroom was far more comfortable than the cells downstairs, and at least they were inside in case it began raining.

The dull throbbing in her side reminded her that her wounds needed to be tended to immediately. Taking the opportunity while it was peaceful, Terrie pulled her pack up onto the bed and unzipped it, finding her first aid kit once again after a few moments. She noticed her bottle of alcohol was already running somewhat low and sighed quietly.

It seems like no matter how hard I try to help everybody, I'm only prolonging the inevitable.

Terrie removed a cotton ball and saturated the object thoroughly with alcohol before pulling her tanktop up to her midriff and undoing the shoddy bandagework she'd done earlier. It didn't look horrible, although it seemed dirty. She swabbed the cotton ball over the wound, thoroughly cleaning it and trying not to cringe from the pain.

It could be so much worse... I should consider myself fortunate. Serenity's the one with the real injury... and we should treat it soon, otherwise it'll be the death of her.

As the thought ran through Terrie's mind, she stopped what she was doing momentarily and swallowed hard. She hated thinking about death, and she hated the thought of dying. In this place, though, both of those things were an inevitability.
riserugu†

Post by riserugu† »

[[ Continued from Lost ]]

Ianto allowed himself to remain quiet during their walk to wherever they were heading, having had to stop and removing some of the bandage wrap from his kit to help press it against the wound in Serenity's arm until they had a chance to properly bandage it. At least better than their hands to putting pressure on the wound, trying to do this and allow her to lean into him so she would at least keep her balance. Rather unable to even picture what pain she must be going through—hell, Terrie and Brad too, out of the lot of them he was the only to have escaped being wounded.

Wounded combined with probably the lack of sleep, and actually eating was probably wearing thin on them, something he could understand. Fighting back the urge to sleep while walking if that was at possible, but remembering they needed to go... wherever they where going, and everyone had to be patched up, and they needed to think of a plan. It was of course at this moment as a building began to show itself in the distance that he noticed that Will and Christian where no longer behind them like he remembered, blinking in a curious manner. Rather hoping the two where okay wherever they had wondered off to...

Sighing lightly though, he turned forward and added a bit more pressure to the bunched up gauze pressed against the girl's wound, trying to be careful not to hurt her but at the same time trying to make sure she didn't go into shock or something. With her emotions seeming on the breaking point, not sure if the girl had actually stopped crying since they had left the large tree all he could do was act as a support. Unsure if there where any words in his vocabulary to try and help her in her current state, not sure if it was his place to try and say something after something so clearly devastating happened to her in the time they had been separated.

Which also brought him back to another pair that they had become separated from, that being Viki and Gabe. Though with the death of Kara formerly announced to the island via the announcements, the other boy was probably devastated... they had been dating if he was correct, which made him feel a pain of regret for perhaps putting up the fight that he—no, he had been doing the right thing in that case. How much he hated to admit it, it was better that one person was dead instead of four, because that was what very well could have happened.

Coming to a pause with rest of the group, over looking the building with a careful glance, unable to remove his map to check there location with one arm secure about Serenity and the other trying to hold the bandage in place. Attempting hard to ignore the presence of blood staining his fingers as he listened to the exchange of words between people, finding an odd sensation settling in him, that being the sensation that he wasn't sure how he felt on all of this. It was odd but truth be told, he didn't feel scared he didn't feel hardly a bit of an emotion at all... in fact everything in his mind was so muddled and watered down he could barely focus on one thought before his mind was racing to focus on something else he deemed important.

So instead he just stood there and absorbed all that was being said, at least until he noted the sight of Brad crying which he stared at in a somewhat confused manner, blinking somewhat but before he had much of a chance to figure out that, he was tuned out to the sounds of Serenity crying. Though this was starting to be common place and he just wasn't sure what else he could do to try and help calm the girl down anymore. Frowning visibly toward her but glanced away at the words Terrie was speaking, sighing a little and wondering just how much water something like the word 'faith' could hold at this point and time.

Watching as the girl left he moved somewhat to get both Serenity and himself inside when Brad began speaking to the before mentioned girl held up in his arms, pursing his lips a little at the words before he too vanished inside the darkened building after Terrie. Ianto remaining still for a moment, as he removed the balled up gauze and turned it over to a cleaner side and pressing it back down against the girl's words, "I can't say I disagree with what he said but... at the same time I really can't start to think of what you must have went through watching your friend die. And by the sounds of it, and the injuries you have I wouldn't be surprised if he did the same thing to you, or what he did to that other girl."

Ianto sighed a bit at that point, moving them along toward the jail house, "I'm sure wherever she is it's a better place than here, and I'm sure she doesn't blame you. Anyone of us would have froze up in a situation like that, you just—you got to be strong not only for yourself but for her to right?" He mumbled, moving past Brad and glancing around for any sign of Terrie, before catching the sounds of wood creaking above them and eyeing the stairs lightly. Leading the girl along and making sure to help her on her way up the stairs, and up into the apartment-like structure where Terrie seemed to have already begun fixing her wounds. Leading Serenity in and moving to have her sit down, keeping a firm hand on the balled up gauze as he went about removing the rifle from his back and going about unzipping his own pack to get his first aid kit out.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler riserugu. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Mitsuko2†

Post by Mitsuko2† »

"What the hell is faith anymore..." Serenity sobbed quietly as Terrie made her way toward the jailhouse. Brad soon came up to serenity to give his own take on the situation. What the hell did any of them know? They didn't understand... she'd stood there like a statue and watched Kara die... she didn't lift a finger to help... Kara might still be alive if she had only jumped in to help her.

"Oh god... why is this all happening..." she asked herself. It was only when Ianto, the person she'd been with longest and the one who'd basically kept her alive on the way here by helping her put pressure on her wounds, spoke up, that she actually listened.

"Y-you're probably right... I guess she was one of the lucky ones... she died early... we're the ones who have to suffer by listening to our friends being killed off one by one..." She sighed and wiped her face with the back of one of her blood soaked hands. "I-I have to be strong... for the both of us... Thank you Ianto..." Ianto helped her stumble inside the building and up the stairs. He helped her sit on a bed and went to go dig out his first aid kit.

Serenity allowed her mind to wonder what had become of the other people she was missing on the island. Gabe and Viki... she separated herself and obviously Ianto from the two of them. She briefly wondered if they were alright... Gabe must've been suffering almost as much as her from the news of Kara's death. Then there was Steve. She had no idea what had become of her boyfriend. She prayed silently that he was alright. And her friends, Monique, Andrea, Courtney, Andy, Sean, and all the others... She had no idea what was happening to them.

"What's going to happen to us?" She asked to no one in particular.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Mitsuko2. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Ciel†

Post by Ciel† »

Brad? Brad! Stop that crying. Crying isn't exactly going to help you get used to this. Life sucks ass some times, but you just pick yourself up and keep going. That's what everyone has to learn. You maybe upset, you may think it's unfair, but all of that ain't going to help matters.

O-O...Okay...

Memories from jail started to invade Brad's psyche, and his hands gripped at the sides of his head. This isn't the time to be thinking about THAT! I have to worry about NOW! For Christ's sake Brad, what the fuck is wrong with you?!! Brad felt the urge to slap himself across the face, but he tried his best not to. His head felt extremely wobbly after the little breakdown he had outside, not to mention the bloodloss he had suffered over the past number of days. The numbness that ran throughout his whole body grew stronger and stronger with each passing step he took. When he nearly toppled over on the ground, a single thought occurred to him:

I-I... I gotta lie down. I need to rest. Yeah... that's exactly what I need.

The jail itself looked a lot smaller inside than it did outside. Brad would have been surprised, but he was too focused on keeping his balance to be flabbergasted. He saw the fleet of stairs that Terrie had climbed earlier, but Brad imagined he wouldn't be able to ascend it without falling over and tumbling all the way down. Instead, he make a split decision to open one of the cell doors and let himself in. The cots looked very uncomfortable, but any bed was perfectly fine to him. He stumbled over, a shiver running through Brad's queasy stomach. He knew he had to eat something but he just didn't... have the energy...

As he sat down on the bed, Brad immediately felt the strong urge to shed tears. Apparently he still had energy to have another long cry. Or... at least that's what Brad felt like he was going to do. Somehow he was holding back with everything that he had, but he was very close to giving in and letting himself sob like a spoiled child.

"Don't be a fuckin' pussy Brad! Johnny had told him Men in place like to take guys like youse' and use them. You've got to look more assertive, and crying ain't gonna help your case."

"Son of a... bitch" Brad sobbed, trying to his best not to cry.

There was only so much a person could take, and Brad had taken more than the average person could. For reasons unknown, he had been able to keep some sort of calm albeit agitated atmosphere, but he just couldn't hold all of it in.

He could let himself break down, he justified in his own mind between sniffles. He couldn't keep crying the whole day, but he could have a nice sob when no one was looking. He had it in him, so it was better just to let it out rather than keep it bottled, less it might explode at the least opportune time.

Yet... No matter how he tried to make it look reasonable, crying wasn't going to help matters. Unless he and everyone else found a way out, he was going to die. Like a dog even. And there was nothing he nor his parents nor any of the other kids, nor their parents, nor anyone else could do to change it. Unless Danya had a change of heart and let them all go, Brad couldn't see another way out without the risk of getting killed and having waste his or anyone else's time.

He began to wonder if his sister was watching him, sitting all alone in a complete emotional stupor. He saw a camera in the corner of the cell, but he couldn't bring himself to look directly into it. Victoria was most likely crying. He remembered that she had a very light voice, but could break windows if she felt the need, like when she cried. Brad knew she had all the reasons in the world to cry, and he sympathized with her by letting another sniffle escape his lips.

Yes, she HAD the most reason out of everyone to cry. Brad was one of the most, if not the most important part in her life, and he would have said the same thing about her. She didn't have many friends due to her shy nature unlike Brad's outgoing personality, and since their parents were more focused on him than Victoria... Brad was about the closest she had to a hero she had. And as close to a best friend she had. Victoria was also one of the only things that was driving Brad to survive but for much more sinister reasons than just being friends.

Brad could remember a girl on this island, Tegan Bianco. She was a quiet girl who reminded Brad of his sister. Looked similar, acted similar... Tegan had killed herself during the first day, and Brad couldn't help but to think...

That's what Victoria would have done. She would have killed herself.

He wasn't definite. He didn't know how Victoria would react to this, but he wouldn't blame himself for thinking this way. Hell, she had tried a couple of times before. He had actually walked in on her tying up a noose, soon learning about her sadness and her will to live being smaller than he had first imagined. She had no friends, her parents were more focused on other things, and she didn't see herself becoming anything other than a fat housewife to a rude man with ten children. She felt like she was... just a waste of space. Brad had tried to encourage her to look at the bright side, telling her about all the things that were good about life (although most of these were lies that one would hear during an after-school special about drugs and teen suicide). He had been worried about whether she would believe him or not... and it did. Not completely but enough for her to keep living. That was the last time she attempted suicide (to his knowledge), and Brad become one of her best friends.

That happened ten months ago. Victoria had come a long way from that faithful day, but there was always a look of melancholy amongst her. Brad wanted to protect her, no matter what...

Even so, why wouldn't she try now? Sure she had friends, but they weren't as close to her as her brother was. With no one like Brad to lean against during the hard times, what would be the point in living? And that's what scared Brad most of all, much more than Nathanial Harris, much more than the thought of him taking someone's life. The thought of his sister seeing no purpose in life and therefore had no reason to go on living scared him down to the core, and that's why he wanted to live. That's why he wanted to escape. Under most circumstances he would have put others before himself, but he loved his family too much to just give himself up to save someone else. The problem was: he just didn't feel right about killing someone else to save himself. Solution: a breakout.

But... If there was no way out in sight, then...

He'd get to that when it came necessary.

For the time being, Brad had to take charge. He wiped his eyes with his shirt, picking his glasses up off of the ground and putting them back on. There would be time for crying when all of this shit was over and done with. He was going to find a way out of this motherfucking game, with the others. The odds were up against them, but said odds always looked that way and he didn't seem to care much. His optimism was at an all-time high, and he was as positive as he had been during the game, despite the fact that he had been crying like a baby several minutes ago.

Then, something very strange happened.

For the first time in two days, Brad Kavanagh was beaming like a madman.

Saying that he was going to lead a breakout and actually breaking out were two completely different things. He had been telling himself that he was going to escape, but did he really exert any energy into finding a way? All this time, he had been wasting his own time by declaring that he was going to do it, but in reality he had been doing shit nothing. Maybe all of the other kids before him were the same: too busy on grouping everyone together and never actually doing anything of significance. Brad imagined this was why no one has ever gotten close to escape... but that was going to change. HE WAS going to change.

Sure... he was scared. Anyone else in the same damned situation would be scared out of their mind... maybe that was why no one had gotten anywhere with an getaway, not because they were too busy grouping people together, but that they were just too frightened of losing their lives. Brad had a good life to go back to, but he was willing to give that up to do something that no one else had. He was petrified, but the strength inside of him was overshadowing that... His family was watching. Did they want to see him die like a dog in a cage or like a courageous hero? Brad wasn't suggesting running into a burning building and he wasn't a guardian angel by any means.

That being said, it didn't mean he had permission to stand in the background and watch as everyone else was killing each other, which was exactly what he had been doing. If his number was about to be called, then he'd rather go out guns blazing and die than fighting for his life and dying. Hell, he would choose that option even if he had better chances playing the game. If he did somehow survive, he wouldn't be able to live with himself. He'd be traumatized, although he'd most likely be scarred for life no matter what happened...

Oh... Shit. I'm rambling in my head again. Brad sighed again, then let another loud laugh escape his lips. He knew what he had to do now. He wasn't going to put his mind towards anything else... But where were Serenity and Ianto? He had been so occupied with keeping his cool that he didn't catch the both of them climbing the same stairs he saw Terrie climb just moments ago.

Grumble...

Anything other than eating.

He opened his daypack and ate half a loaf of bread, several crackers and downed a whole bottle of water in very little time.

And, in his opinion, it had been the best fucking meal he'd had in years.

Afterwards he ascended the stairs, feeling his new-found energy coursing through his the entirety of his body. Then again, he seemed to have exerted all of that climbing the staircase because he found himself panting for breath after reaching the top. He found it a big surprise to see both Serenity and Ianto in the apartment-like room. He frowned, noticing for the first time how in bad of a shape Serenity was.

"Shit..." he cursed under his breath, dropping his duffle bag on the ground and attempting to open it as quickly as he could. He didn't even notice for a second that all of his materials were scattered throughout his bag and not inside his first aid kit. "I-I didn't know you were... damn it. Damn it all!"
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

Slowly but surely, the group seemed to come pouring into the jailhouse. Soon enough, she was joined in the small bedroom by Ianto and Serenity. By now, Terrie had finished cleaning her own wounds and was making the final touches on her own bandages, and Ianto seemed to have Serenity's wounds under control for the moment.

To be honest, she was a bit relieved that Ianto was working on Serenity's wounds. The fact was, Terrie was absolutely exhausted, and she didn't exactly feel like she could do a stand-out job on Serenity's injuries at the moment.

Brad seemed to lag getting up the stairwell, but Terrie didn't pay much mind to it. She figured he was simply investigating the jailhouse one more time, or barricading up the doors, or maybe he just needed a minute to himself.

She knew she did.

It's a horrible feeling to simply want to be alone, wind down, and get some rest, but to be so afraid of dying that you can't help but desperately cling to the people close to you for fear that something might happen if you do take that moment of peace for yourself. Overall, it was very stressful.

Something about the question that slipped out of Serenity's mouth was absolutely chilling, and Terrie found herself looking uncertainly at the floor and finicking with a strand of her blonde hair for a moment before finally finding the nerve to speak up. Despite the fact that she herself was unsure of what their future contained, her voice contained an astounding amount of confidence. Somehow, she even managed to force a smile across her face and look both Serenity and Ianto in the eyes as she mustered up a response.

"We're going to survive," she stated matter-of-factly, giving the raven-haired girl a smile, "We're going to do what nobody's ever done before, and we're going to get out of this game. I don't know how or why, but we're not going to die here. I believe that, I really do. All of us, we have so much to live for. We can't resign ourselves to dying in this place, so I won't believe it. I can't. I think... there's a way out. I think it's possible, and we're just overlooking it. I don't know about you guys, but I want to go home. I want to see mom and dad and Sam and Jamie again. So... so I won't give up..."

'Til my last breath... I'll keep on fighting... keep on surviving... because... because that's just what I have to do.

She didn't know how much of an impact, if any, her words would have on her companions. Serenity seemed to have given up all hope sometime over the course of the past few days. Terrie could sympathize. After all, it was understandable... the things they'd seen on the island... it could break anybody.

The fact was, Terrie was so resolute that she was going to see her family again that she wouldn't let the island break her. She'd been attacked, she'd been shot at, she'd seen some pretty horrible things -- after all, Gabriel Theobaldt had ripped a guy's heart from his chest and carried it around the island with him. Still, despite it all, Terrie retained her resolution. It wouldn't happen to her.

She wouldn't let it.

"We should get some rest," Terrie offered up after a moment, "Your wounds look pretty bad, Serenity. Some sleep might do you some good. We can... take turns standing guard or something. I don't mind guarding the door. I can sleep later."

Terrie offered a sheepish smile toward the group while absent-mindedly rubbing the bare shoulder she'd bandaged up only minutes before. Serenity was probably in the worst condition of the group. Brad was a close second. Ianto seemed pretty unscathed, and her wounds weren't exactly fatal. She didn't mind taking care of the rest of the group before herself.

She sure was tired, though.
riserugu†

Post by riserugu† »

[[ Sorry for the wait guys, I know I suck. D: ]]

Ianto swallowed lightly at Serenity's question as he continued digging through his first aid kit for the needed items so he good get to fixing her wounds before she bled out or something. Fact of the matter was he just didn't know what to say, oh yeah they where totally going to make it out of here alive?

Hopeful? Yes. But hardly truthful in the situation they where in. The class Vice President wanted hope, really he did but he didn't know what to say that could be truthful and helpful at the same time. So he simply remained quiet and tried to focus on Serenity wound.

Taking the already used bandage and turning it onto a cleaner side, spilling some cleaning alcohol onto it and moving to press it against the wound itself. Rubbing away some of the blood and trying to clean the wound, distracted for a moment though at the sudden appearance of Brad and his apparent sudden noticing of just how bad Serenity's wounds where. Smiling lightly somewhat and removing the soaked bandage away from the wound.

"Hey man, it's alright I'll take care of her. Why don't you make sure you're alright. I mean, you fell pretty hard back in the woods didn't 'ya?"

Ianto couldn't help knowing how lucky he was to have made it this long without being hurt when everyone else was. Putting some pressure onto the bandage as he began to wrap the wound, sighing lightly as he tied it off and placed his remaining supplies back in the first-aid kit and smiled somewhat toward Serenity. "There, I think that should do it. Tell me if it's to tight or something I'll try and do my best to re-bandage it if I have too."

Pushing himself up onto his feet, he sighing somewhat and rolling his neck a little. Glancing back down though as Terrie began speaking concerning Serenity's earlier asked question, blinking somewhat toward the dark-haired as she spoke. Unable to help grinning as she finished, nodding in agreement with her words. "I guess you're right. I want to see my parents... my sisters again, and the only way to do that is to get out of here huh?" He muttered, sifting somewhat, and smiling once more.

"So I won't give up either."

Ianto glanced back to Terrie as she continued, pursing his lips and shaking his head as she finished. "No way, you're hurt too. Maybe not a lot but you've been through a mess today huh? What with gunfights and all. I've just been... walking a whole lot, not to mention I'm the one with no wounds. You three should get some sleep first then we'll switch off or something after an hour or so."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler riserugu. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Ciel†

Post by Ciel† »

(I'm just going to break the post order just to keep this thread alive. x.x)

Both Terrie and Ianto spoke about what Serenity had asked in desperation, and Brad silently agreed. He really didn't know how to answer her at the time, but with the two of them having stated their peace he really didn't have to. He would have said something about his parents and how he missed them so much anyway. Still, he felt like he out of everyone should respond to what they said, rather than stand there in silence and nod his head.

"I guess I can relate to you guys... I've got family at home." Brad felt himself hesitate just a bit. "I really don't want to sound overproud at all, but they're the most important people in my life, and I can safely say that I would do just about anything for them... that being said, it's very hard to say that I have no doubts. Doubt anyone wouldn't think negative given the fucked up situation we're in now... But hearing you both say that you aren't going to give in, it's certainly making me feel more confident..."

Brad left out the part about her sister, just so the whole thing didn't turn into a sob story. His suicidal sister aside, he really didn't see any need to tell them about her. Brad was more focused on the tight twitching pain in the back of his spine, the one that he had been feeling ever since he and Terrie walked into the jailhouse. He didn't pay the burning pain any mind at the time, though now he couldn't think about anything but. He wasn't at all showing this to Ianto, Terrie or Serenity, but it was making it very difficult to think properly.

Brad heard Ianto's offer to stay on guard and it all seemed to make sense. However, Brad had slept for several hours. He was probably the person who got the most rest out of all the rest. Even though he had more wounds than Terrie and Ianto put together, he just couldn't accept Ianto vouching for him. Brad shook his head, raising his right hand upward in a defensive way.

"No Ianto," Brad said with a smile, trying to sound more encouraging that he really was feeling. "I know what you mean when you say that and I agree... but in all honesty, you still look like shit." He shook his head, and then brushed his hair back. "Not to mention I was the one who fainted. I'm the only one here who got some shuteye... God only knows how long I was out for, but I can guarantee you I won't nod off... at least, I don't think I would." He shrugged slightly. "Besides, I kind of owe you guys. We all need to pull our own weight, so it's the least I can do..."

He paused for a moment in a deep thought. "Or... the both of us could stand guard. I mean, it'll prevent either of us from getting stabbed in the back by some rotten asshole who stumbles in here unnoticed."
Mitsuko2†

Post by Mitsuko2† »

((Oh man... Im so sorry for the wait. I feel like an ass... Image ))

Serenity Smiled weakly when Ianto began to bandage the wound in her abdomen. It stung a bit, but she bit on the inside of her cheek to keep from showing too much discomfort. She had to be strong, no matter how much she wanted to give up all hope... Her head felt like it was about to explode. She felt dizzy, and looking at anything made her feel like vomiting. She had no idea what was going on with her.

Serenity smiled when Terrie said that she wasn't going to give up. Terrie said they were going to escape. It made Serenity feel just a bit better. To be with people who weren't going to give up on that one thing that seemed so far away. That thing that seemed out of reach. That so many had already given up on.

That thing was hope.

"Yeah... We'll get out of here... We'll go home..." She felt a tear fall down her face when she said that. She didn't want to seem like a baby, but the though of going back home was the only thing that made her not lie on the ground and wait for someone to finish her off.

Ianto and Terrie suggested that Serenity rest, and she was thankful for that. She felt so tired. Serenity lied back and rested her head on the lumpy bed. It was by far the most comfortable thing in the world at this point. She slowly slipped into dreamland, a small smile on her face as she did so.

Little did any of the four know, but by the time she awoke, things would take a turn for the worst, and Serenity's life would be in it's final hours.
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

With Terrie's words, a newfound hope seemed to stir within her companions. She felt better, knowing that the group around her shared the same sentiments as she did. Their entire group seemed resolute in either escaping or dying in the process. To Terrie, those were the only two options. She'd never play the game. She'd either break the rules and escape or she'd get killed in the process. She wouldn't fall victim to this game.

Ianto volunteered to play lookout while the other three slept, but before Terrie could speak up, Brad adamantly refused, insisting that he'd gotten the most rest out of the rest of the group. She almost countered with the fact that fainting wasn't exactly the same thing as falling asleep, but the fact was, she knew where Brad was coming from. In times so desperate as these, it's human nature to want to feel like you're in control of the situation.

And Brad?

Well, he'd had a rough past few days. He'd probably taken more damage than a lot of students on the island, and it was true that the very large majority of their time together seemed to consist of treating Brad's wounds. But, if not for him, she'd have probably been dead long ago, and he'd been there for the rest of their group as well. He might have been trying to act strong for the group, but the fact that he was in pain was blatantly obvious to even the most casual observer.

"I don't mind standing watch with Ianto," Terrie spoke up quietly, "You're hurt, Brad. You should rest."

Before she could say anything else, the public access system crackled to life, causing her to jump slightly. Instead of the booming, sarcastic voice that she had come to know over the course of the past few days as Mr. Danya, a sniveling, stuttering voice echoed out over the PA system. A confused look passed over Terrie's features as she began listening to the announcement.

Andy Walker. Ivye Dewley. Viktor Kurchatov. Gabriel Theobaldt. Trey Leyton. Quale Hutchinson. Simon Wood. Darnell Butler. Two of the names in particular made Terrie cringe as the stuttering voice read them off. Trey Leyton and Simon Wood. Trey had been a good friend of hers, and definitely not someone she'd have pegged to go down relatively early on in the game.

And then there was Simon.

The truth was, Terrie had been very upset at Simon when he'd left the group back at the hollow tree. She'd held him accountable for both herself and Brad getting hurt because he'd stood there and done nothing as Blood Boy attacked them. But... now he was dead, and immediately, she was regretting all the harsh thoughts she'd had against the other boy. She hadn't thought he'd go off and get himself killed.

"Simon's dead..." she echoed out quietly, "And Trey, too..."

She wouldn't have much time to mourn the death of her friends. No sooner than the words left her lips, something else clicked. Danya's assistant had just declared the jailhouse as a dangerzone effective ten minutes from now. Terrie suddenly snapped back to reality, pushing the thoughts of Simon and Trey's deaths into the back of her mind.

"You... you heard that, right?" she inquired, her eyes moving from Serenity to Ianto to Brad, "We've got ten minutes to get out of here."

Terrie immediately rose to her feet, slinging her pack over her shoulder before instinctively cradling her wounded shoulder. She frowned slightly as she looked at her two weary allies and the critically injured Serenity. She had hoped that they'd be able to rest here for a while, and even though they'd been here throughout the majority of the night, they hadn't gotten any rest at all.

"I guess we'll have to rest later," she sighed quietly.

Return to “Jailhouse”