Those Who Stray...

The jailhouse sits away from the main settlement on the island, probably as a precautionary measure to keep the townspeople safe from those in lockup. It's a simple, two-story building with a row of cells on the bottom floor and a spare room, probably where the guard used to sleep, upstairs. The cells seem lonely now and beckon for a new body to be locked behind their bars.
Megami†

Those Who Stray...

Post by Megami† »

((Continued from Perception is Everything))

It had been quite a walk from the lagoon, but Khrysta Lawrence soon found herself standing in front of an eerie old building that, judging by the indicator on her map, was once the island jail. The sun had risen to its pique now and was beating down harshly against her skin, and she could definitely feel the fatigue that was starting to set in on her.

Brushing a stray strand of hair back behind her ear, Khrysta peered at the old building. She didn't hear any noises, sans the random screech of a bird overhead, so she could only assume the small building to be abandoned. Either that, or someone was waiting quietly inside. Khrysta found the thought of it chilling, and she was rather hesitant to enter the building.

People who don't want to run the game are going to seek out shelter... so logically, people who are competing are going to seek out shelter as well, to pick off the people hiding inside. Still, going in there is better than taking my chances out in the open. Who knows what's crawling through this jungle?

Folding the map up and placing it in her pocket, Khrysta moved her weapon into a somewhat defensive position in front of her, just in case someone decided to spring out and attack her when the entered the doors of the old jailhouse. Taking a deep breath, Khrysta entered the door, closing it behind her. The light from the barred up windows illuminated the cells, most of which had been left wide open.

The one thing Khrysta could really seem to notice as she moved through the old building was how bland and grey everything was. In the back of the room, a flight of wooden stairs leading up to the second story of the building seemed to burst out at her, as the brown wood was a stark contrast to the grey cells.

Satisfied that the bottom story of the building -- all of which was open, for the most part -- was completely empty, she moved toward the stairs. They creaked a little as she walked up them, something that she almost found herself relieved about. If they creaked under her frame -- which was pretty light -- they'd make noise if pretty much anybody walked up them.

The upstairs portion of the jailhouse was a stark contrast to the grey downstairs. It was mostly brown and fairly simple in design. One room, off to the side, looked like a bedroom. She supposed that was where the warden slept once upon a time. It looked relatively comfortable and the small window inside faced the same direction as the entrance to the jailhouse itself.

Overall, it seemed like a good vantage point.

Khrysta entered the room, shutting and locking the door behind her, and took a seat on the bed. She lay the jo down next to her and dropped her pack on the ground below before relaxing a bit, though her line of vision never left the outside. It was too hot to walk around for too long, and at least here, she'd have the element of surprise if someone took it upon themselves to enter the building.

So now... we wait.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Megami. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Theseus†

Post by Theseus† »

((Continued from I got soul but I'm not a soldier ))

Corbin Arlen felt as if he had been walking forever. He had given up on trying to use the map to find his way a while ago, so he just walked and walked through the jungle, his M16 in his hand, pointed forward, his eyes scanning everything. In the beginning, after leaving the Chapel in search of friends, in search of hope, in search of anything, he had jumped at the slightest movements and sounds. He was almost used to those sounds now, and he slowly made his way through the jungle.

Until he reached the jail house. Corbin Arlen, once a wanna a be film maker, high school radio DJ, and all around fun guy he thought, was now being forced to tote around an M16 on a tropical island. Sweat dripped down his forward, and he ignored it, looking at the large structure.

Was anybody in it?

He would find out. What if someone was in it? It's not like Corbin was playing, maybe someone he knew was in it? That's what he needed now. Companionship. Someone to talk to. Someone to share his fears and hope with. Someone to tell him that it was going to be all right, that there was a way to go home without killing your friends.

So Corbin Arlen went to the door, opened it, and entered the jail house, shutting the door behind him.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Theseus. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

Khrysta's eyes continued to scan the horizon, partly due to vigilance on her part, partly because she was afraid that if she turned away from the window she would miss someone walking into her range of view, and with the weapon she'd been dealt, it could be the end for her. Unfortunately, it didn't take her looking away from the window for a figure to walk into her view.

She quinted her eyes and moved closer, trying to identify the body that was walking toward the building toting what looked to be an assault rifle.

It took her a few minutes to place the rather boyish features, but in a moment, she realized that the newcomer was Corbin Arlen. He was fairly well-known around the school, both for his job as the radio DJ and for the home movies he always seemed to be making. From what she knew of him, he seemed to be a pretty nice guy. Maybe he was trustworthy.

The fact that he was hauling around an assault rifle made her a bit wary, regardless.

She heard the door downstairs open with a loud squeal, indicating that he had indeed ventured into the jailhouse, and Khrysta briefly pondered what her next course of action should be. She could hide in the room, although the locked door was generally a very large hint that someone was hiding in a room, so that might not have been the best of ideas.

She did have the element of surprise, but it didn't seem that would do much good against a student with an assault rifle. Whether Corbin was playing or not, startling him was just asking to get a clip full of ammunition drilled through her stomach. She wasn't looking to be taken out that easily. The only other option was to approach the boy. It wasn't the safest course of action, but given the circumstances, it seemed to be the best idea.

She grabbed the jo from the bed but left her pack sitting in the bedroom. Either she'd come back to get it, or she'd be dead, so it wouldn't matter either way. The pack would just weigh her down though, and if she wound up having to try to escape Corbin, the extra weight wouldn't be an advantage at all.

Slowly, Khrysta unlocked the door and poked her head out. The second floor of the jailhouse was still empty, indicating that Corbin had not yet come up the stairwell. She moved over to the stairs quietly and descended them, they creaking quietly with each step that she took. The moment the first floor was visible, she stopped mid-descent. She could see Corbin, which meant that he could most assuredly see her as well.

"I'll cut right to the chase," Khrysta stated quietly, "Are you playing?"

Please say no. I'm not naive enough to think I could take on someone with that kind of weapon and win.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Megami. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Theseus†

Post by Theseus† »

Corbin looked around. No sign of life, no sign of anything. He took his time, listening to the sounds, listening to the emptiness of the jail house. Then he heard squeaks. He spun around, looking at the stairs, and saw Khrysta standing on the stairs.

Are you playing?

Corbin had his M16 aimed at her, he saw her weapon, a stick? He looked at her, fear rising in his chest. He didn't say anything at first, he was just surprised to see someone else. He knew of Khrysta, she was a pretty girl, on the swim team wasn't she?

He finally spoke. "No, I'm not playing. Never." He lowed his weapon a bit, so it wasn't aiming at her as a sign of good faith, though he still had it at the ready, just incase.

"What about you?" Corbin looked at her, hoping she would say no, hoping he could trust her. He wanted to believe that people wouldn't play this game.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Theseus. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

She couldn't exactly say she was surprised when she was suddenly staring into the barrel of Corbin's gun. To be honest, she probably would have had the exact same reaction in his situation, so it was something she had been anticipating. Of course, it didn't make it any less terrifying, although she certainly wasn't showing any fear. Funnily enough, though, Corbin was. It was visible even from where she was standing.

"Good to know," Khrysta mused at his answer to her question before dropping the stick she'd been holding and allowing it to roll to the bottom of the stairs, "That depends... I'm only playing if you make me. I don't plan on killing anybody, but if they come after me, I'm not gonna sit around and wait to be killed."

She wasn't sure if he would quite understand that concept or not, but really, it didn't matter who a person was, when it came to SOTF, they were playing selectively, no matter what was said. The truth was, when it came right down to it, everyone would fight if attacked, therefore, they were 'playing'. Playing to survive and playing to win, though, were two very different things.

"Long story short, unless you plan on pulling that trigger, I'm not playing."

She shrugged her shoulders nonchalantly and moved to the bottom of the stairs. Corbin wasn't a very physically intimidating person, although they had given him quite the equalizer in that regard. Her eyes moved down to the rather powerful assault rifle he was clutching and she smirked lightly, nodding toward the weapon as she spoke.

"Looks like Lady Luck was on your side."

Khrysta didn't believe in luck, but Corbin had certainly managed to get a good weapon. He might have made a good ally. Khrysta wasn't crazy about the idea of getting involved with other students, though. It had almost always led to disaster in the previous games, and Khrysta didn't think something like that was apt to change now.

But still, Corbin's weapon was considerably better than her own, and as long as he wasn't playing the game, it wouldn't hurt anything to let him stay in the jailhouse with her. Khrysta once again brushed the blonde strand of hair that had fallen from her ponytail away from her face and moved down to pick up the stick she had dropped.

"I don't see any harm in you staying here, so long as you don't plan on putting that thing to use anytime soon. The officer's quarters is upstairs, that's where I was staying. There's a window up there that looks out across the field, you can see anyone walking up to the door."

With that, she turned around and moved back up the stairwell, putting blind faith in the fact that Corbin wouldn't pull the trigger on the assault rifle while her back was turned. He didn't seem like he was ballsy enough to attempt something like that. She assumed he'd follow her upstairs, although she wouldn't have been too surprised if he'd just bolted out the door either. She never had quite come off as being the warmest person.
Theseus†

Post by Theseus† »

Corbin Arlen was surprised and yet not surprised at all by Khrysta's coldness it seemed. She was blunt, that much was for certain, and in a way, Corbin found her bluntness comforting and scary. While she wasn't the most warmest person, and definitely not someone he saw himself dying to protect like he knew people have did in other games, he felt as if her bluntness was pure honesty. She didn't hide behind lies, and that's the last thing he needed in this game.

So what if as of right now, this moment, he felt no immediate connection to her, she could be an ally, and that's all that mattered. Two were better than one. She was right, lady luck had been on his side, but even with his weapon, alone how long could he last?

It didn't matter, Corbin made his choice, he would partner up with this girl. Corbin followed her up the stairs. "So, you're name is Khrysta right? Sorry I don't know your last name."

Corbin oddly found himself wondering now, if she was his ally now, or would become his ally, what kind of ally would she be. Would she just stick around with him because he was another person to watch her back, another person with a good weapon? Or if something was to go down, to happen, would she be there to save him? or would she run?

It didn't really matter Corbin though. He honestly didn't know the answer himself as to what he would do if a situation was to arise.
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

"Lawrence," Khrysta stated simply as Corbin followed her up the stairs, "It's Khrysta Lawrence."

It wasn't that it even really mattered, or that she took offense to the fact that Corbin didn't know her last name at all. In fact, she wasn't entirely sure she'd ever said more than two words to him all year long, and even though they did have a class or two together, that didn't mean anything. She only knew who he was because of him being a radio DJ, after all.

Khrysta returned to the officer's quarters she'd been hidden in and motioned Corbin inside. She tossed the staff back onto the bed where it had been previously and paced nervously around the room. Khrysta had never been very good at initiating conversations, but she wasn't comfortable enough with Corbin to be alright with sitting in dead silence.

Still, her mind drew a blank on topics of conversation. What exactly were you supposed to ask someone when you were thrown in a game like SOTF and told to fight for your lives? Idle chatter didn't seem appropriate, given the circumstances. The blonde sighed lightly and absent-mindedly tightened the long ponytail on the back of her head.

"We'll be able to see anyone coming from here," she stated, slowly returning to her seated position on the bed, "Since it's off by itself, I figured it'd be a pretty safe place, as far as shelter goes. I don't see many people thinking that an old jail is the safest place on the island, so hopefully not many of them'll head out here."

Khrysta's eyes closed for a moment before opening once again and refocusing. They moved from the window to Corbin, and then back to the window. She couldn't help but feel awkward being locked in the officer's quarters -- which was essentially a bedroom -- with another student that she didn't know very well.

"So... Corbin..." Khrysta uttered finally, unable to handle the awkward silence any longer, "Is there anyone that you're, you know, looking for... or anything? Friends, girlfriends, anything like that?"

What a stupid question, Khrysta.

She didn't really care who he was looking for, but it seemed like a good question to break the silence. She briefly wondered who, if anyone, was looking for her. Khrysta was perfectly capable of handling herself and always had been, but she did worry somewhat about the few friends that she'd grown close to.

Hopefully, everyone was doing alright.
Theseus†

Post by Theseus† »

Corbin stood in the doorway a moment, wondering if he should set down next to her on the bed. Why not he figured. He was sure sitting next to her wouldn't offend her, or at least he hoped it didn't. Besides, he would be sitting now laying, and he was tired of standing. If he was going to watch the window, he wanted to be comfortable.

So he walked slowly to the bed, and sat down on it, albeit as far away from her as he possibly could be on the bed, just because of the comfort level. She was right through, the window did have a view of everything, and he felt safer being in the jail house. This was a good place to hide out and stay.

As for her question, Corbin though for a moment, then answered, while still looking out the window, "Friends. Anyone really, any of my friends. I wonder about them, how they are doing. I..." Corbin was silent. It hit him, he may never see his friends again. The people he went all through his childhood with, gone in a blink of an eye. He shook his head, "Friends I guess are what you really need now. People you can trust, talk to, something, I don't know..." His voice trailed off.

After sitting in silence for a moment, and in an effort to lighten the mood, Corbin looked at Khrysta and said, "As for a girlfriend." He then deepened his voice, "I don't have one of those. They couldn't handle my wild nature." He pretended to yawn and leaned back stretching his arms out so they flexed showing his muscle, which compared to almost any jock, would look pretty wimpy, though were was some definition just from him not laying around all day.
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

Khrysta didn't pay much mind to Corbin as he joined her, albeit on the other side of the bed. After all, it was the best position in the room to watch the window, unless one wanted to stand and watch, which would probably get old after a couple of hours at most. She wondered briefly if Corbin's assault rifle could function as a long-ranged weapon.

She didn't know much about guns over all, but if it could, it would put them in an even better position. Then again, she was thinking too hastily. What if Corbin wouldn't go along with the idea of holding any students that happened upon the jailhouse at immediate gunpoint? Of course, it was the best idea, but he didn't seem like the type of guy that had a lot of backbone.

And besides that... the people in our class... most of them are weasels. They'd lie through their teeth to make us believe they mean no harm. Then, when we let our guard down, that's when they'll strike. Some of them are trustworthy, of course, but some... Melina Frost is one of them, for certain... we can't trust.

She almost wished she hadn't brought up whether or not Corbin was looking for somebody. The question seemed to send him into a slight depression, and he muttered out some line about friends being the only thing they had to look for or something. To be honest, she had stopped listening the moment he'd started droning on about it.

There's no one you want to find, Khrysta?

He tried to make some joke about not having a girlfriend because no one could handle his wild nature before flexing, and Khrysta forced herself to let out a light laugh. She hadn't exactly found it funny -- she was a bit lacking in the sense of humor department -- but she figured there was no need to be rude or make the boy feel uncomfortable.

Still, the idle chatter didn't seem to be going anywhere fast, and Khrysta's mind kept drifting away to other things. Corbin struck her as one of those students who would attempt to find his friends, gather them in a group, try to escape, and wind up being slaughtered, either by an ambitious player or one of his friends. At the least, he'd die with friends, and not alone.

"Listen, Corbin..." she stated quietly, a serious expression passing over her features, "There are people playing this game. I've already run into one of them, and I've seen the bodies. Nobody wants to think that people we've known for years could do something like that, even me, but... they are, and I need to know, here and now, if you're prepared for that. One person in particular... Melina... she's already attacked me once, and if I see her again, I will kill her. She's already proven to me that she's playing, and she's already tried to do me in. I'm not going to throw my life away by being afraid to eliminate the people that're looking to kill me. Can you handle that?"

It had been a rather blunt question, but Khrysta didn't want Corbin to stay here under the misconception that they were just going to hide away from the world. Eventually, someone would come who was playing, and when that time came, Khrysta fully intended to fight them. She wasn't going to die because Corbin didn't want to fight his classmates, and she wanted to make that abundantly clear to the boy.
ZigZaggerty†

Post by ZigZaggerty† »

The hushed tones of nearby voices woke Randy Flagg from his induced sleep and with a swift motion he was on his feet and hurriedly surveying his surroundings. From what he could gather he was in a jail cell. Cracked concrete walls, rusted bars, fetid toilet and a dingy bed were all the decoration in sight. Beyond the bars were more cells which mimicked each one before it.

Well then, what have we gotten ourselves into?

Now, Flagg was not one to normally panic but he allowed himself a small moment to brood over the fact that he had just been inducted into a life and death game. Danya's voice rang out in his mind, the rules softly playing themselves behind his dark eyes. The lumpy pack next to his feet only served to anchor him further down into the current situation.

The situation, though, brought on a certain curiosity in Flagg. He had grown bored with people, places and things. This would be quite the new experience for him and he certainly would not want to waste his time. Death was hovering nearby and with every second that passed Flagg knew that it drew closer. Now as luck would have it within the short span Flagg allowed himself to think he decided on exactly what he would do.

Be the manipulator, put on the smile and party like its 1999.

Randy dropped to his knees and opened the pack and gazed inside. Besides the regular equipment one would expect on a camping trip there was a single object that brought a true smile to his face. The smooth wood grafted to the fine pointed steel, relying on each other for support. Randy lifted the pickaxe and brought it down once upon the bed. It sheared through the soft mattress beneath without sound, sending feather flying upwards upon the descent. It was a fine weapon and it would serve him well.

The voices continued during this unholy exchange between man and tool, they came from above and from the sounds of it there were only two. Flagg zipped up the pack, hefted it over his shoulder and took the pickaxe in both hands. He walked slowly out of the cell before glancing both ways down the dreary hall. The one way looked to be a dead end but at the other end of the hall the way outside could be seen and a set of stairs could be made out. He threw on a worried face and began to make his way to the stairs. Once the voices sounded like they were right above him he made his first move.

"Hello? Anyone there?" Flagg called out into the empty space. He stood ready and waiting for the reply. Allowing himself to smile once before throwing on the guise, his dark eyes twinkling in the shadows.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler ZigZaggerty. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Theseus†

Post by Theseus† »

Corbin was rather taken back by Khrysta's bluntness, but he couldn't blame her. He definitely didn't come off as some hard guy, and he had even doubted his ability to pull the trigger on his gun when the time came. So he looked at her, and thought, truly thought what he would do if the time came.

He nodded his head, looking at her, and said, "If someone threatens me..." Then he realized, he she was ally now wasn't she? They had to stick together right? So it wouldn't just be him..."or you. If someone threatens me or you, I will kill them." He looked at her, knowing inside that it was true, he was willing to kill if he had to.

That's when Corbin heard the voice. A male, asking if anyone was there. Was he in the jailhouse? How was someone in here?

Corbin stood up immediately, checking the window. No one was outside, so the voice came from inside. He looked at Khrysta, his eyes asking her what she wanted to do. Corbin raised his M16, as if to show her that he was willing to protect them if it came down to do.

He would pull the trigger.
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

What the hell?

That was the sole thought that entered Khrysta's mind as a voice rang out from somewhere downstairs. The jailhouse wasn't a big building in the slightest -- it wasn't like it was a maximum security facility or anything, just a place for rogue soldiers, or POWs, or something like that... or so she could only assume. Most importantly, she was wondering how both she and Corbin could have overlooked a student being down there. Hadn't she searched the perimeter before she ever went upstairs?

She seemed to remember having done that. Maybe she simply overlooked something. Maybe, in all the shades of dark and light grey that the walls seemed to bleed, she had failed to notice another student downstairs. Either that, or in the short time she was downstairs confronting Corbin, the other person had been standing outside the door, at the ready. That thought was probably the more likely of the two, and definitely the most chilling one.

"Hey, Corbin..." Khrysta muttered, her attention never once waivering from the door.

How had he heard them? The thought completely baffled Khrysta. Was she really so careless that she'd completely overlooked another student, forgotten about the sound of echoing footsteps upstairs? She thought she had the whole game figured out, she thought she was playing it right. Had she really been so unobservant? Khrysta swore inwardly.

"We should go," she ordered the boy as he raised his M16.

Something about the voice coming from downstairs just didn't sit right with her. The only possibility Khrysta could think of was that he had been standing at the door, waiting for the opportune moment to enter the storehouse. That meant that he had been watching them from the shadows, rather than coming out to confront them like most normal people would do. It all seemed too suspicious.

Of course, there was a very large obstacle standing in the way of Khrysta, Corbin, and retreat. She didn't know who the boy downstairs was. Of course, the voice sounded at least vaguely familiar, but why shouldn't it? She knew all these people on some level, whether she was friends with them or not. The only thing she knew for certain was that the boy downstairs definitely didn't have the voice of one of her friends, and from the look on Corbin's face, it wasn't one of his friends either.

A flight of stairs and another student stood between them and the sole door of the jailhouse, and Khrysta found it highly uncomforting. Corbin had a great weapon, but even so, she didn't know what they were up against. The student downstairs might genuinely have been scared out of his wits or issued a shoddy weapon that would allow them to slip past without much of a hitch. But, that student might have also been issued something even stronger than Corbin's M16.

It wasn't worth taking the chance.

There was one other way, now that Khrysta thought about it. Her eyes moved slowly across the room and back to the window. They were on the second story of the building, but a two-story drop wasn't enough to kill a person. In fact, she didn't think it was enough to even hurt them much. One of her friends had launched himself off a balcony once in a drunken stupor, and he landed no problem at all. If he could do it, so could they.

"This way," Khrysta ordered, pulling the window up and sliding through the window, "And HURRY."

She situated herself on the small ledge that jutted out from the window and mentally prepared herself for the drop downward. She looked back at Corbin for a moment, took a deep breath, and used her hands to propel herself off the ledge and through the air. She landed with a light thud on the ground and fell forward a bit before she regained her balance. Her attention immediately shot back up to the window and she waited on Corbin to jump down.
Theseus†

Post by Theseus† »

Corbin thought they would stay, confront the student, fight, do something. He didn't expect Khrysta to open the window and tell him to follow her. Then she jumped out. Corbin knew for sure now that she was a survivor, which was good for him. The more he thought about it, what good would come of them confronting the student?

Surely nothing beat a hasty escape. So Corbin stood at the window, looking at Khrysta. She seemed ok, so the jump wouldn't hurt him right? He's filmed jump scenes like this before, granted he used a map before, but they always made for good scenes in his many home movies.

In a way this was like a movie. He and Khrysta the good guys, and the good guys always win in the end.

Well, that wasn't always true either.

This wasn't a movie though. This was real, and Corbin Arlen would survive. At least he would survive this encounter. He hadn't thought of any long term plans yet, besides the basic question every student had to face: Will you play?

Upon choosing no, he hadn't thought of what he would do on this island. Escape? Something? It didn't matter, what mattered was he jumped now.

So Corbin slung his duffel bag over his shoulder, and his M16 too. It wouldn't go off would it? Corbin quickly unslung it and found the safety, turning it on.

Now or never Corbin.

Corbin jumped out of the window, making a not so clean landing that he rolled into. Standing up, he unslung his M16 and went for the safety turning it off. He looked at the house, his weapon aimed at the door and he whispered to Kara, "What now?"
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

At least Corbin wasn't a total loss as an ally. It might have been a harsh thought, but she had more or less been assessing Corbni's value since the moment he barged into the jailhouse. The good news was, so far, she hadn't been disappointed. A good weapon, practically complete obedience, and common sense too. That thought had passed through her head when he'd actually remembered to turn the safety to the M16 on before taking a rolling leap out of the window.

He didn't land nearly so easily as she had on the ground. Instead, he landed in somewhat of a roll that sprawled him out for a moment before he got back to his feet. She hadn't thought it that difficult of a jump. Then again, Khrysta was a dancer. She had the kind of balance and dexterity that a lot of people lacked.

Corbin immediately aimed his gun at the door of the jailhouse in case whoever was inside decided to come out swinging. Corbin was awaiting his orders -- basically -- and Khrysta found herself with little time to think. Now wasn't the perfect place to bust out the map she'd been given and scan it over for a good area to hole up in for the night. Better than that, it was getting dark outside.

She tried not to let the frustration she was starting to feel show too much. Still, why had someone felt the need to wander all the way out to the jailhouse, of all places? She remembered seeing it on the map and noticing it was quite some distance away from the main "settlement" areas on the island. That meant that wherever they moved, it would have to be fast, or they'd be running through the island in the dark.

At least we've got some sort of advantage here. Corbin's got a good weapon... as long as he knows how to handle the thing. My luck, he'll pull the trigger and wind up shooting me instead of whoever he's aiming at.

She might have been skeptical, but an ally packing an M16 assault rifle was a lot better than no ally at all. The fact that Melina Frost had out and out attacked her on a whim earlier made her quite uneasy. The fact that people were playing was quite evident, and she really didn't want to run into a player in the middle of the night. Besides all that, some of her classmates were really smart. They might have thought to set traps up along the paths.

Khrysta, decide. Now.

"C'mon, Corbin. Let's get the hell out of here," the blonde ordered before taking off into the nearby jungle. Hopefully, Corbin could keep up, because she wasn't slowing down.

((Continued in From Serenity to Shame))
Theseus†

Post by Theseus† »

Corbin waited for Khrysta to decide what to do next. He waited, nervously pointing his weapon at the jailhouse, waiting for any sign of activity, thinking through what Khrysta had asked him. If he would pull the trigger if it came down to it.

He would.

Though it probably didn't help that he was nervous and fear was in him, but the adrenaline was kicking in, he felt like an action hero or something. So he continued to wait, until Khrysta made the decision that they were leaving.

She took off fast, and Corbin quickly ran after her as fast as he could trying to keep up with her.

This was going to be a long day.

((continued at From Serenity To Shame ))

Return to “Jailhouse”