Slouching Towards Bethlehem

Overrun with tall grass and moss creeping up the unreadable tombstones, the graveyard is an eerie place no matter what time of day or night. The grass is dry and dead, and the whole area reeks with the stench of ancient corpses. Death looms over this place, and it seems he's searching for another victim to add to his roster.
Xaldien†

Slouching Towards Bethlehem

Post by Xaldien† »

((Continued from I'll Follow You into the Dark))

Clive spent many hours thinking about where Blood Boy and the Dodd boy would have gone off to. He figured the most appropriate place to look first would have been the graveyard, known to be a place of death. Plus, from what he knew of Blood Boy, the graveyard seemed like a likely place for him to be. Rather poetic in it's simplicity and not to mention stereotypical.

He made his way towards the place, and knew that death had occurred hear. He saw a few bodies, a few stones, a few birds. It was all here, and the only thing he could think to think about was whether or not they all suffered horrible deaths at the hands of their killers. He recognized them, but didn't give a care either way. They weren't his kills, why should he care? Because these were living kids that he went to school with? Because they're valuable members of society? Because they could have been screaming in pain at Clive's hands but were lucky enough to be found by someone else? Meh, doesn't matter now. They were stupid enough to die.

He decided to, at the very least, show a little respect for the dead. But the moment that he tried was the moment that he heard the gun click. And the person holding it was...

Girls 33: Lilah Morgan

Clive smiled as Lilah held the gun to the back of his head.

"You must think you're really clever, sneaking behind me like that."
"On a scale from me to you... pretty damn."
"Oh, the voice, the cold tone, the witty comeback... it must be Lilah Morgan holding the gun."
"Brilliant deduction, Watson."
"No problem, Sherlock, now let's see if you can shoot me."
"Don't think I can't, Clive. I may have a problem with this game so far, but I have no problems going after you. I know who you are, and I know that you're probably going to give the people in this a run for their money."
"Well, who knows me better than you?"

The two stood at a standstill for what seemed like hours. Eventually Clive managed to quickly and gracefully get out of the guns way, and a fist fight ensued between the two of them, and Clive reveled in the surreal bliss of the fight. She matched him punch for punch, kick for kick, everytime he snatched the gun out of her hand and tried to aim, she managed to neutralize his aim and then steal the gun back. What did he honestly expect from a girl who's trained in fighting anyway?

It all came to a close when Clive called for a stop.

"Care to make this interesting, Lilah?"
"You have ten seconds to get what you want to say out of your mouth. If I don't like it, you die."

Clive smiled and slowly stepped away from her.

"Day 5. We finish this on Day 5. And until then, we see who has the most fun with this game."
"Sorry, unlike you, I'm not in this for fun."
"No, but you could probably get better weapons by then... and lord only knows how you want me to hurt, Lilah."
"True, you do have a point... Although, one thing you fail to take into account is that nothing would thrill me more greatly than to shoot you right now."
"How about completely obliterating me, though?"

Once again, a standstill. Until eventually Lilah smiled and shook her head, signaling that she will accept this plea.

"Day 5, Clive. Here. If this is a danger zone, then we will meet the caves."
"Sounds good to me."

Lilah began to walk away.
"I'm going to give myself a head start, if it's all the same to you."
"No problem, girlie."

And with that, Lilah walked away from her twisted ex-boyfriend, and the challenge to try and survive began.

((Lilah continued in Alive Out of Habit))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Xaldien. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Xaldien†

Post by Xaldien† »

((I know double posting is bad, but I have something planned here))

Clive took a few moments to get over the fact that his self-righteous, holier than thou ex-girlfriend just held him at gunpoint, and yet apparently he's the psychotic one.

I mean, sure Clive had twisted ideals sometimes, and... well... the situation with Eddie was old history, even if it was fucked up... but there's no point in recollecting old memories that serve purpose in the grand scheme of things. Even if it was a lot of fun with Eddie. To think it all started out in the bonfire.

But, whatever. Clive had other things to worry about, liking finding Blood Boy and Dodd, the two prime contenders for his spot in this whole mess of things. He wasn't going to let the two of them have all the fun. Although he was hoping that one of the two were here in the graveyard, he smiled at the thought of manipulating events so that he could kill three birds with one stone... instead of just two.

And wrote Lilah's name on his hit list.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Xaldien. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Xaldien†

Post by Xaldien† »

Clive spent some time in the graveyard area thinking intently on the issues he'll face in the game he's playing.
He first had to deal with the brief stigma around calling the murder of his classmates a game rather than life. Is human real life really just a game of Grand Theft Auto, or had he just desensitized himself to the idea of human life being stolen as a wrongful act?

Did it really matter anyway? In a game where you have to kill to be killed, is killing such a wrong thing? It is called Survival of the Fittest for a reason, right? Or considering the current crowd, Survival of the most Mediocre should be the better title. Other than the few people on his hit list, he found no one to be of a challenge.

Lilah was a woman with ambition, conviction, and a strong will. She is definitely a worthy adversary in the sense that her sense of morals and ethics and her love for the human race would drive her to become evil itself in order to uphold her own sense of honor and justice for the world. She is fit in that she will become what she herself hates in order to preserve her beliefs.

Blood boy is vicious and horrible... hardly fit but a worthy opponent in his cruelty and mercilessness.

Then there was Dodd... the epitome of SOTF. A person who has survived one of these things before and would definitely be over the initial "I have to kill?!" part of the awakening process. If he were a victim of the Saw films, he'd probably be one of the survivors.

And he's here a second time, which is kinda funny. What? Was he Jewish and had a cheeseburger on Yom Kippur? What exactly did he do to piss off the one upstairs?

Either way... this should be fun.

And so with that, Clive got up and decided to make his rounds somewhere else.

((Continued in It's On))

Return to “The Graveyard”