The Stench of Reality

It's the perfect place to make your peace with your God, because odds are, you don't have much time left. There's not much to the church. In fact, it's just a room full of pews and an alter, but perhaps the spiritual competitors will find some solace in its walls.
EpOxy_eTheR†

Post by EpOxy_eTheR† »

Pascal accepted Sean's reasurance after his apology. He smiled at Sean until Sean told him what Trish had done, and his smile turned into a very concerned look. Pascal was frightened that Trish had a loaded AK-47 like for real. He did not assume that it wasn't loaded, but that fact that it was, made him very uneasy and sent a shiver down his spine.

He had a good feeling about Sean. Although Pascal had not participated in the game he felt that he might sooner or later.... and at this instant, something inside of him told him that it was coming soon.

He heard Sean talk to the girl and kinda felt empowered since the baseballer was speaking with what he heard was an Irish accent and sternly. This made Pascal want to give Sean a hug, but he refrained from it... for God's sake, he had only met Sean not too long ago. Pascal tried to check his emotions.

He snapped back into place after what Sean said about the girl. She had blood on her and she was armed. On top of that, her shoes were so last season. He put his riot shield in front of Sean and himself. He wanted to make sure to let Sean know that he was on his side... then he waited for what they were going to do next.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler EpOxy_eTheR. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Super Llama†

Post by Super Llama† »

Laeil let out a mental sigh. This isn't going well, is it? Well, she can't win them all. Noting the two boy's mounting suspicions, she decided to test it. It wasn't like there was anything better to do at the moment; she preferred not to have to go out in the rain again.

"How do you know it's not self-defense? One of the students came after me, and I had no choice but to kill him. It was him or me, after all." She explained, still watching the two from behind the door. "Then again, I guess a certain amount of mistrust and paranoia is natural in a place like this, where your best friend could easily become your greatest enemy."

She was silent for a moment before continuing. "You two just met, haven't you?" Judging from what she had heard between them so far, it didn't seem like they knew each other beforehand. "And now it looks like you've teamed up. Just like that. How stupid."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Super Llama.
Namira

Post by Namira »

Sean smirked at the blatent attempt to drive a wedge between the tentative new alliance between Pascal and himself. And that was what it had become, Sean realised after a moment or two. The Englishman was now an ally, though whether or not he would stick by him in the long term. Still, that really wasn't something to worry about right now. What was important was the girl in front of them. Sean was surprised, but in a nice way, when Pascal moved the riot shield in front of not only himself but Sean. That was going beyond self-protection, and Sean felt his respect for his ally growing.

"That could be the case," Sean told Lyn in a reasonable tone. "But can you really blame me for being suspicious? I mean, jeez, do you know how much I've lost over the past five days? I'm not in too much of a hurry to join my friends," Sean shuffled to one side, so he was partially exposed, not entirely behind the shield, but at least he could meet Laeil's eyes. "You don't strike me as a stupid person, but if you don't stop this ploy, which I have to say is very transparent, I might have to re-evaluate that," Sean took a step to the left, towards Pascal again, and put an arm around him in a comradely fashion. "Pascal came across me when I was unconcious. He could have broken my damn neck, but he didn't - he stuck by my side and even patched up my head. Is that the actions of somebody I need to be suspicious of?" Sean cocked an eyebrow in Laeil's direction, grinning as he did so - this was definitely his kind of thing, although the circumstances left a lot to be desired.
Super Llama†

Post by Super Llama† »

Laeil couldn't help but give a smirk herself. This should be interesting. She thought to herself. She didn't really care at this point if her efforts amounted to anything. It was still an amusing way to pass the time.

"Well, how noble of him." She replied. "Like I said, though. Your best friend can easily become your greatest enemy under the right circumstances. Tell me, how much do you want to live? How far are you willing to go to survive? How far is he willing to go to survive?" She gave a slight motion to the boy with the riot shield as she said this. "When you reach that inevitable point where it's either you or him, who are you going to look out for?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Super Llama.
Parallax†

Post by Parallax† »

(Antonio Legarda start)

Five days of running and avoiding madmen brought Anton here. He pushed the doors open, and he thought it would make things better. Surely, if he prayed hard enough, the good Lord would deliver him from this madness.

It wasn't quiet, but he didn't care. His rosary was in hand, and he approached the altar.

He wasn't alone.

Anton put his hands in the air, in what he hoped these people would understand as surrender. "Don't shoot. I'm unarmed." He inched himself towards the altar. "I'm only here to pray."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Parallax. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
dinah_shore†

Post by dinah_shore† »

((Continued from The Continuing Story of Bungalow Reg))

It seemed like the rain was letting up. The bear trap in Denise's daypack was heavy and made her shoulders hurt. As Denise approached the side of the chapel, she let the bag slide off her shoulder into her hand. She put it down gently against the wall, and sat herself down next to it. The light was becoming stronger...the announcement should be coming at any time now.

Denise might have gone inside the chapel to avoid the rain, but she saw a boy go in there while she was still approaching the building...and she didn't feel like dealing with other people at the moment.

She rested her head against the wall and waited.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler dinah_shore. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Namira

Post by Namira »

Sean actually went as far to laugh out loud after Lyn spoke to him again.

"My two closest friends and my only cousin are all dead. What makes you think I care if I die?" it wasn't that he actively wanted to be killed, but really, it didn't particularly matter either way. Of course, he didn't want Pascal to get into danger on his account either...

He would have continued speaking, but he didn't get the opportunity before they were interupted. Sean forgot that there were two entrances to the chapel - he would have to keep that in mind. A kid walked in, holding a rosary, the sight of which brought an ironic smile to his face. Sean recognised him, but couldn't quite bring his name to mind. An... something, Anthony? Probably.

"I wouldn't bother praying," Sean told the newcomer, turning his back on Lyn - Pascal was, after all, protecting him. "Either the man upstairs just isn't plain listening or he's been mortally offended by me and is turning a blind eye," Sean grinned humourlessly. He didn't care if he was being provocative or not. God, if he indeed existed, could go fuck himself. "Or, of course, he just isn't plain there at all. Still, believe what you want to believe. I won't stop you from seeking a little false hope,"
EpOxy_eTheR†

Post by EpOxy_eTheR† »

Pascal knew exactly what this Lyn girl was up to. Shes a typical woman, he thought to himself. She's trying to do what he had hoped for would happen later in the game, but eventually it was going to happen... mindtricks.

"You're a load of fucking rubbish you know that missy? Why do you go off trying to be all like playing games with us? You know the situation we are all in just as well as we do, so don't be trying to feed us twisted information," Pascal said roughly. At that moment he adjusted his black rimmed glasses with his free hand.

He also saw a guy with a rosary come in, and thought here we go again with this crap but he quickly disregarded that since that's how he met Sean.

He noticed Sean turn around to talk to the kid and Pascal put his back firmly up against Sean, while still facing Lyn. Although he wasn't in a real offensive stance, he thought it was enough to cover both of them.

"Yea, Sean already tried the praying thing, ended up launching the rosary through the stained glass," Pascal said over his shoulder. "poor glass... its beginning to look better and better as the sun rises...or atleast I would imagine".

At that moment he remembered the guy in the pew who looked like he had his collar exploded but he couldn't exactly see, and Pascal started getting a bit queasy. He leaned on Sean for a little more support, but eventually rallied himself together.

what is this girls problem Pascal thought to himself. she comes in here an expects us to think shes little miss priss when theres blood on her dress? unless she has a fucking heavy flow and forgot her tampax pearl, she was involved in a killing . Upon this thought, Pascal chuckled to himself.

He leaned into Seans left ear so that nobody could hear what he said: "Hey, what are gonna do Sean?". Pascal waited while keeping an eye out for Lyn.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler EpOxy_eTheR. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Parallax†

Post by Parallax† »

Anthony nodded. In his time, he'd learned to ignore a lot of things, as he approached the front pew and kneeled. The wood had nearly rotted through, and could just barely support his weight without cracking.

"Bless me father for I have sinned, my last confession was..." There was no priest, but he needed to get a lot of things off his chest. He had seen several deaths and did nothing to stop them. WHY WHY WHY! Why was he put on this god-forsaken island, and made to murder people? It was against everything the good Lord stood for.

He ended his prayer, having renewed his resolution. He did notice something though: the church had a very big crucifix, glazed, which means it hasn't begun to rot. He laughed. "God provides for those who have faith." He stepped up to the altar and removed, with some difficulty, the large wooden crucifix. "Forgive me father, I have sinned..." he said, as he broke the arms off the crucifix. Now he had a decent weapon. Well, not so much decent, as workable: the plastic Wiimote could do damage, but only if he used it as if it was a "knife", and for espada y daga to work, he needed a longer weapon, the "espada".

He swung the crucifix-turned-balisong around dextrously. Nice weight, and he could probably crack a skull or two before it broke.

He laughed.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Parallax. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Super Llama†

Post by Super Llama† »

Laeil raised an eyebrow at Sean's response. "Oh, so it's like that? You sound kind of like me. Of course, I have no intention of just laying down and dying. Where would be the fun in that? A game is supposed to be fun." She said, abandoning any pretenses she had been giving. It's not like they were working, anyway. As she heard Pascal's question she gave a shrug. "Why? Because I can, I guess.

As she heard a third voice, she gave a slight sigh of annoyance. Definitely not going well. Unless a chance to strike suddenly and miraculously presented itself right about now, she doubted that she'd be able to do anything. This could definitely get ugly. She'd have to start planning her escape if they decided to come after her. She looked over next to her, finding a shelf right next to the door, stripped bare. It looked light enough that she'd be able to tip it over. Unfortunately, the door opened outwards, towards the main room, but it looked like it would buy enough time for her to grab her stuff and make a break for it.
Namira

Post by Namira »

Sean let out an almost inaudible gasp when Pascal pressed up against him - he really hadn't been expecting that, and the contact wasn't something he was entirely comfortable with, even if it was back to back. Sean hoped his companion hadn't heard the little outburst, but it wasn't too likely it had remained unheard, after all, they were standing very close to one another.

Close? We couldn't be closer if we were ha- Okay Sean, steeeeer away from that. Not the time nor the place. Amorous thoughts notwithstanding, Sean was glad Pascal was there - he was reliable at least. It seemed as if he was watching his back instinctively, even if he required a little more direction than Sean was comfortable with.

"Let's stick around," Sean decided at length. "It doesn't look as though the rain is stopping any time soon and I'd rather stay in shelter. We just need to get rid of the crazy girl..."

Sean turned around so that he was facing Laeil again - away from Anthony. He was welcome to the alter, Sean highly doubted he would have any cause to commune with God a second time, at least, not in a church anyway. He felt comfortable casually blaspheming, the rant was just a chance for an opportunity for a bit more venting. Sean pointed straight at Laeil.

"Look, whoever you are, you might have killed somebody, but, to be honest, I don't give a damn as long as you just fuck off," at that moment, the sound of the PA starting up echoed around the island, and Sean offered her a sick grin. "You've got until this announcement confirms whether or not you were telling the truth to get lost,"
AtomicWaffle†

Post by AtomicWaffle† »

((Continued from She Bop))

"Welcome to the Jungle, we've got fun and games..."

Will just couldn't get that song out of his head. It was fitting, metaphorically and Literally. Will had spent the majority of his time on the island tearing through the jungle, though he avoided most contact with anyone there. It was as he burst into a clearing he heard the last announcement. It wasn't anything too interesting, death announcements - Will smirked at Danya's comment about Christian.

Oh, you'll get yours you sick son of a bitch.

Then - Danya said something about Neil Sinclair, and SADD. He wasn't quite sure what they were planning to do, but it must have had to do with breaking those cameras across the island, the ones he saw at the cottage, which was now a dangerzone. He didn't doubt Danya would now choose to send people to fix them now. That the area was essentially inaccessable. Annoyingly enough Danya chose to punish the people on the island (not that they hadn't got enough punishment already) by blowing up collars for every camera destroyed. Will wouldn't care too much for those people normally, but the fact that they didn't even get the chance to fight for themselves was sickening to him.

Welcome to the Jungle, it gets worse here every day,

Will walked into a familiar sight - the Chapel. He remembered how the seemingly invincible Gabriel tossed Christian and he, then murdered Jason. Gabriel, for whatever reason, spared them. Now he was splattered all across the barracks. The evil that had caused so much harm eventually was struck down. Perhaps that was the same for Danya. He seemed to be an inescapably powerful and evil man, yet... Maybe that wouldn't be later on.

He could ponder another time. Will walked up to the chapel and opened the door but a crack. He could hear voices inside.

"I have no intention of just laying down and dying. Where would be the fun in that? A game is supposed to be fun."

Okay then... let's make things fun...

"Look, whoever you are, you might have killed somebody, but, to be honest, I don't give a damn as long as you just fuck off"

"You've got until this announcement confirms whether or not you were telling the truth to get lost"

Will pushed in the door violently and strode into the Chapel. He spun the cylinders on the revolver with a grin. He stopped in front of the door, and spoke up to who he assumed had been speaking last.

"Lady, Gentlemen... I couldn't help but overhear the little, err, quiet conversation you were having in here. I'm sure you just heard the last announcement. Quite a few people killed in the last little while! Now, you're worried that this girl here was one of the, uhh... few, heheh... who have killed on the island, am I right? Well, it seems that not only did Laeil Burbank kill another person on this island, she won a prize for it!"

Will laughed loudly. Oh, this was going to be fun. He spoke quickly, sharply, and with an odd, playful overture. It was strange to see him behave this way, yet judging by the circumstances, maybe not so strange.

"Oh, and did I mention, I recently killed my best friend. So I have no problem with killing any of you, especially you, Laeil. Especially, the one of you who has been given a weapon by Mr. Danya, a weapon you have yet to collect on the Northern Shore, as per the announcement. I'm not sure I want to let you."

Will stood with his weapon bared at Laeil, an intense look in his eyes and a barely visible smirk on his face.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler AtomicWaffle.
dinah_shore†

Post by dinah_shore† »

The announcements had rubbed Denise the wrong way. They'd made her angry, angrier than she'd felt in a while.

She'd had a feeling that Lenny Priestly was a killer, but she didn't think he would kill so helpless a creature as Anna Vaan. Anna Vaan, who'd never hurt a soul, even though she was teased by assholes her whole life. They knew that they'd made her anorexic, but they still taunted her relentlessly. Denise had always tried to be nice to her. She didn't believe Danya's shit for a second, Anna wouldn't have attacked the twins. Lenny had attacked and tortured her, the sick fuck. He was lucky she had left him when she did.

Her anger began to boil over when she'd heard Lenny's name a second time over the P.A. This time, he had fucked with Keiji's suicide. It was despicable.

She was interrupted by the mentioning of cameras. Reg had said something about breaking cameras. So she was right, Danya was onto them. Denise felt smug for a moment, until she heard Trinity's terrified voice. She listened, mouth agape in horror. She had not been ready for that.

The silence after the announcement was torn by the sound of a boy barking orders from within the chapel.

"I recently killed my best friend..."

Disgusted, Denise sat up, snatching her heavy duffle bag off the wet grass.

Fuck this noise.

She took off through the graveyard, completely enraged by the events of the past day. God damn did she need a cigarette.

((Denise fumes on in at Dawn))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler dinah_shore. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Super Llama†

Post by Super Llama† »

Laeil gave another shrug. "Fine then." The odds were definitely not in her favor, so she knew better than to stick around. She reached down for her jacket as the announcements began, casually listening to the list of the dead as she slipped it on and went for her bag, her eyes fixated on Sean and Pascal just in case they decided to try something. She couldn't help but smirk as Anthony's name was mentioned. "You were on the school's baseball team, right? The one Anthony was in?" She had finally recognized Sean a few minutes ago as being on the baseball team, but saw no reason to bring it up until now. "He got just what he deserved." She couldn't help but try and get the last word in. "No. Actually, I kind of regret I didn't do more."

She blinked in surprise as Danya announced her as the winner (one of the winners, anyway) of the Best Kill Award. Slipping her pack onto her back, she glances towards the door as the announcements finish up. "Well, it looks like you won't have to put up with my company any more. At least for now, but who knows? Maybe we'll run into each other aga-"

BAM.

She froze for a moment as the front doors were slammed open, the sound of someone's voice talking about how Laeil's kill and the prize she had won from it. She glanced back and saw another boy striding towards the door to the storehouse, pointing a gun right at her.

SHIT.

She quickly ducked to the side, bringing both hands to the side of the shelf and shoving as hard as she could, tipping it over in front of the door. As it hit the ground she bolted outside, running as fast as her legs could carry her.

All I have to do is reach the coast. If I can reach the coast, he won't be able to follow me...

{{continued in To the Hounds of Hell}}
Parallax†

Post by Parallax† »

Someone kicked... no, more like shoved, the doors to the chapel open. Some talking, he didn't hear very well.

But the glint of a gun's cold steel isn't something one just ignores. He dropped into stance, keeping the longer weapon, the part of the crucifix he didn't break off, in a striking position.

He spoke up. "This is God's house. This place is sacred, and I won't allow any killing here." He approached slowly, readied and waiting to strike. If he was lucky, he could clear the distance between him and the person with the gun.

IF being the operative term.

"I don't want to have to kill anybody, so please, put down your gun."

Return to “The Chapel”