One by One, We All Fall Down

*/~. Jazz debuts!

The lookout tower sits atop a large hill and is shrouded in trees. It's an unimpressive building, but it used to be the primary defense post on the island. Maybe it can be your eye in the sky as well? It'd be a great place for a small group to rally together and hide from the island's baddies, and an even better place for those baddies to snipe the rest of the competition from above.
Ariadne†

One by One, We All Fall Down

Post by Ariadne† »

(Gosh, sorry this took sooo long to get posted. I was kinda confused about her weapon so it took me a while to get things straightened out!)

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock.

The sound of Jazz's watch slowly turning and signifying the time was enough to drive her mad. Ever since she'd come to the lookout tower and found it empty, she'd been sitting around the railing on teh top floor. It gave her a good vantage point of the area around her and from here she thought she could see anyone who might come into the area.

So there she sat with this huge folder in her hand, reading over the pages in front of her. When she'd first reached into her pack several days ago and descovered her weapon, Jazz was more than a bit skeptical. However, when she opened up the thick folder-looking book and figured out what it was, a sly smile had spread across her features.

The title page read "Southridge High School Student Records". At first, Jazz thought she'd been issued her classmates permanent records as some sort of joke, but when she'd started reading, she'd found out that the book contained so much more than that.

Everything her classmates had ever done, from hospital records to time the might have spent in jail to every incident at school they'd ever had, it was all in there. Not just that, but what student number they'd been desginated, what weapon they were issued, and even Danya's own personal conclusions about the students were scribbled into their files.

Basically, the weapon that Jazz had been issued had the power to be one of the most lethal weapons in the game. She knew everything important about every single student roaming around on teh island, including who had the best weapons. If she wanted to survive, she'd need a real weapon and with the files sitting in her lap, she'd know exactly who to target.

Jazz grinned as she continued to read through the information in front of her. The cool wind made her shiver slightly as it tore through the outside of the tower and she briefly thought about moving indoors. She groaned at the thought of leaving her viewpoint, though. She couldn't see other students coming from the inside.

Finally though, Jazz decided it was just getting too cold to sit outside any longer and moved back down the stairwell. She locked both doors to the tower and sat the book down on the bed. Locked doors just didn't seem like enough though. Maybe she should barracade them up too?
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Ariadne. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Buko

Post by Buko »

((Continued from Getcher Head in the Game))

Natanya Hartless? My last names only six letters long, how the hell do you mess that up? I guess even when you're as powerful as this Danya guy you still have to deal with idiots...

As he approached the lookout tower he noted that it would be the perfect place to get some sleep, he approached it with a sense of apathy and tiredness and as he noticed the rotting wood of the door he reached towards the copper door knob and went to turn it in order to get it open.

click

What? The door was locked? This...this was ridiculous. In fact what was more ridiculous was that such a simple survival mechanism was so brutally effective and most of all surprising. Locking the door? It all seemed so simple, in fact why hadn't he thought of it? Oh, that's right, he did and Joshua Goodman had managed to literally tear the door off the hinges before coming into be electrocuted.

Karma...you're certainly a bit fucked up if I open the door and fall into the same trap.

But, Blood Boy was tired and most of all he was determined to get some rest within the confines of the lookout tower and as he reached into his back and unsheathed his sword and stabbed at the wooden door creating a very large hole, not paying attention to any protests that where possible to come out he simple continued to hack until an adequate hole for him to slip through was created and as he stepped in he couldn't help but notice a girl in front of him. Seriously, he was never this good with the ladies back at Southridge, why where they all congregating around him at the Island.

"Well, good morning too you," he said calmly staring at her through his tinted lenses, "I certainly hope you don't mind stripping down to your knickers and giving me everything you have on you, really I don't want a disagreement to occur, you see...I'm quite spoiled when things don't go my way," he pulled out the Viper JAWS and pointed it at her, "I'd hate for you to see the worst side of me so soon."
"My man got too familiar and I’d ended up having to whoop his ass, man, you know. Because he would step across the line. Habitually. He’s a habitual line stepper.” -Charlie Murphy
[+] Ace of Hearts
V8 Relationship Thread

Slidin'
Lookin' for the opps, they been hidin'
I grew up 'round drugs, sex, and violence
We turnt off they street, we heard sirens
Since a juvenile, I been wylin'
Ciel†

Post by Ciel† »

((Continued from Clock Tower))

Dominica Shapiro had been sneaking her way around the island for hours upon hours. She had imagined the island being much smaller, much much smaller. The only person that was around to keep her company was her consciousness (which, lord forbid, was much more insane than Dominica could ever be).

"I guess saying I'm going to hunt someone and actually hunting someone down are completely two different ideas." She sighed loudly, wiping her forehead off with the back of her arm. "Though, I certainly wouldn't be surprised if someone...[/i] She stopped in her tracks and looked behind her, gulping softly. "No... I'm not THAT unlucky. I may have been given the short end of the stick, but my luck isn't bad enough that there'd be someone following me. Then again, maybe I AM that unlucky. If someone were to be imprudent enough to chase after me for hours on end, then maybe they DESERVE to get impaled by me. Although... I suppose if I didn't notice for a second that someone had been tailing me for hours, no once, then maybe it is I who should be killed."

It was strange. Why did she imagine someone actually being stupid enough to follow her for hours and not have the courage to attack? Hell, they may just stand there like a deer in the headlights as Dominica sent a spear through their heart. Dominica was sure that it could never be this easy, but she wished it was. Oh, how she wished it was. How she also yearned that she wouldn't feel any shame when she finally did kill a second person.

Huh. She was back at the lookout tower.

"Well bother me," Dominica grumbled. "Isn't that a slap in the face? I've been wandering for hours upon hours, and it turns out that I've been walking in circles?" She shrugged slightly. "Guess it can't be helped. Suppose I could just go back in-"

A figure. A vaguely familiar one at that, stabbing a sword into the door. Dominica was far away hidden in a pair of bushes, but she could make out who it was. Then again, anyone could recognize Blood Boy. He was, after all, a freak with a smile mask on. The boy creped Dominica out, to be sure but now... she was actually quite glad she found someone, anyone. But then she began to think... Why was he cutting into the door like that?

Only reason: If somebody else was in there. If the door was locked.

Oh... Blood Boy, look what you're doing! You're destroying public property, breaking and entering, generally being a creep... Bad Blood Boy! I know someone who isn't getting dinner tonight! Dominica chuckled at her humor (or lack thereof) and held her speargun upwards. Blood Boy took it upon himself to enter the Lookout Tower without even a second thought.

Haa! What a fool! He could never be that Nathaniel Harris that Mr. Danya has been going on about. He's too stupid! Idiot! Buffoon! This is going to be much easier than I originally thought!

"Well, good morning too you, I certainly hope you don't mind stripping down to your knickers and giving me everything you have on you, really I don't want a disagreement to occur, you see...I'm quite spoiled when things don't go my way, I'd hate for you to see the worst side of me so soon."

Oh? What's this? And now he's robbing someone of their possessions! And sexual harassment to boot! Oh, Mr. Blood Boy will most likely get put into jail for a very long time for all the things he's done just now. I suppose I'm supposed to punish him.

Dominica kept her aim steady, walking ever closer to the door leading into the tower. A wicked smile pasted across her face, her eyes twinkling in bloodlust. Oh... yes, indeed. We'll have to punish him... As she released the trigger on her harpoon, she stepped back in time with the recoil. Her aim at the small boy was pitch-perfect: there was almost no escape in sight. He was trapped, and that spear was going to land somewhere, no matter what he did.

The boy should be more worried about himself than others. That was his first mistake, and probably his last.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Ciel. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Buko

Post by Buko »

The girl in which he was holding up didn't react out of what Blood Boy could only assume was fear, still though has he remained focus in the hold up he couldn't help but notice the sound of a person approaching him. The crunching of freshly wet grass (mostly due to the dew created by the humidity) and then finally the sound of the clicking, the pulling of the trigger followed by the spring loaded spear being hurled out. It's in this moment, in the moment before your death that the celestial god's bless you with the gift of slow motion and as Blood Boy quickly pulled a three sixty to the left he saw the iron spear go right past him and head straight to the chest of the girl whom he was holding up.

Fuck!

Once again wasting no time he unsheathed his sword as he ran out towards the girl, this blinded rage and quick movements -at least by Blood Boy standards- would normally be considered a fool hardy advance, but he was smart, the normal spear gun containing a spear of that size was of rifle length. By their very nature they only contained one spear and the recoil of it would give him enough time to play upon the girls mistake of attacking him. Running at her his blade was aimed for a stab at the last moment, of course before then it would seem his knees buckled and he would trip and fall to his knees a mere foot before he reached her.

This was of course all part of the plan.

The moment he fell his blade would be heading towards the girls foot -this took into consideration her moving back to avoid the falling masked murderer- and during this time he'd go into his pocket and pull out the Taurus Millennium, the less recoil intense of his guns. This is when it'd become clear that even the feint towards the leg was a feint in and of itself as the real attack would come bursting out of the small metal weapon at speed rivaling MACH 2.

All heading towards his attackers stomach.
"My man got too familiar and I’d ended up having to whoop his ass, man, you know. Because he would step across the line. Habitually. He’s a habitual line stepper.” -Charlie Murphy
[+] Ace of Hearts
V8 Relationship Thread

Slidin'
Lookin' for the opps, they been hidin'
I grew up 'round drugs, sex, and violence
We turnt off they street, we heard sirens
Since a juvenile, I been wylin'
Ciel†

Post by Ciel† »

Blood Boy was much quicker than Dominica ever anticipated, and even more calculating. Although getting out of the way of the jab wasn't any trouble for such a light girl like her, the bullets that were fired immediately afterwards would have killed her indefinitely... that is if she hadn't notice his hand reaching into his pocket a few seconds before six bullets came launching at her. A quick thinker, Dominica bobbed to the right, out of the way of the bullets but close enough to feel them rocketing past her. Ordinarily, Dominica would have taken advantage of the situation as best she could... but this was no ordinary time.

The whole thing scared Dominica. How Blood Boy launched at her was... frightening. So she did the only thing any rational, intelligent person would have done in the same situation.

She ran.

She ran as fast as her legs could carry her, but something in the back of her mind made her hesitate. I have to run... but there was someone else in that house! I know it! I can't possibly fathom just leaving someone here, but that boy will kill me if I'm still in his sights if he gets up! The only smart thing there was to do was run, but Dominica was letting her emotions get the better of her. Sure, she didn't care about any of these kids, but she wasn't just going to leave one of them to die by the hands... of THAT MONSTER. If he was the Nathanial Harris that brutally killed over four people (including two corpses that Dominica had seen up close and was traumatized by), then she wasn't going to let him take another life the same way. No one deserved that sort of treatment, even if Dominica hated them.

Damn it all. I know I'm going to regret doing this.

Dominica ducked inside, gasping a sigh of relief. Blood Boy wasn't as stupid as she had assumed, and most likely he was going to follow her inside regardless of if he saw her enter the tower or not, so she couldn't just stay in the same spot. In a firefight, the best place you can be is behind cover. He'll be at a disadvantage being in the open. A place to take cover was her only saving grace, and luckily she found it to be a wooden table. Nothing to thick or thin, but it was large enough to conceal her whole body. Quickly (or as quickly as her tired body could carry her) she flipped over the table and got behind it and then loaded the speargun. The band got easier to load the more she carried it around, but it was really starting to agitate her. Need to... get one of those guns. That's the only way I can ever win this fight.

"I've no idea who you are, but you might want to run if you know what's good for you," Dominica called to whomever was there, being way too busy trying to load her gun to even look at him/her. "I'm not entirely sure, but I think that's THE Nathanial Harris. If that's the case, then it's best for you to run. I'll follow suit when I can, but don't wait up for me."

Damn it, I hope she's grateful for what I'm doing for her, risking my life to give her a chance to escape.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Ciel. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Ariadne†

Post by Ariadne† »

(Okay so I don't know how I'm supposed to post when Bukowski's last post says Jazz took a spear to the chest. Anyways I'm pretty sure that the rules say he can't do that and I definitely didn't tell him he could hit my character so I think that needs to be changed.)
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Ariadne. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Ariadne†

Post by Ariadne† »

(Sorry for the doublepost but I'm obviously not gonna get anywhere here.)

Jazz decided this shit was for the birds. While Mask Boy and that other girl were fighting, she grabbed her stuff, unlocked the back door and walked right outside. The whole time, she wondered why she hadn't done that in the first place when Blood Boy had been chopping down the door with his sword.

Geez, that was pretty stupid of me.

It was raining now. Jazz groaned as she stepped out into the coldness of it. Still, cold rain was a lot better than being trapped in a tower with a psycho and some chick who were intent on fighting to the death. Jazz might have had all the knowledge in the world about both of them in the form her of student files but those pieces of paper weren't going to withstand the guns they were toting.

Guess I'd better try to find somewhere dry and regroup.

((Continued in The Fifth Announcement))
Ciel†

Post by Ciel† »

(I agree with her)

As Dominica waited for a response, any response, the silence she heard took her by complete surprise. She looked around the room for a moment only to find that the room was completely emptied with the exception of herself. This thought made her pout in an annoyed (albeit cute looking) pout as she rose to her feet again., brushing the dust that her pants had collected. She sighed rather loudly, overlooking the fact that there was a homicidal maniac after her and just about anyone else.

"Ahh. " she spoke to the girl that did not exist. "You've already taken it upon yourself to run away, without even thanking me. How rude. I believe that's the last time I ever voluntarily help someone."

She shook her head slightly, then followed Jazz's lead. Apparently Blood Boy had not moved an inch since their first collision, but Dominica wasn't going to stick around to find out if there ever was going to be a second. As much as she felt that she was going to regret it, she clutched onto her speargun very tightly and bolted out the door as quickly as her legs could enable her. She looked back for a moment to make sure that the boy wasn't thinking of following her out and, seeing the other girl's distorted image from far away trailed after her. Frankly she didn't care where she went, as long as it was as far away from the lighthouse as possible.

I've wasted too much time here. I have to move.

Little did Dominica realize that she had lost sight of Jazz, and ended up somewhere different entirely. One could only hope her chances for survival there were much better.

(continued at the lagoon)
Ciel†

Post by Ciel† »

(Yarrr. Since Chad gave me permission to use his characters, I'm gonna move BB so he doesn't go inactive. Don't worry, I'm planning something out for him.)

Blood Boy was getting slow. He could have killed that girl easily, just like he did all the others, but he got sloppy. It really didn't matter actually, he collected as he was getting back up to his feet. Did he have to kill everyone that he sees? It certainly seemed very unnecessary, although it would certainly decrease the competition by a large sum. Then again, killing people wasn't the easiest thing a person could do. Maybe that was why he found it so hard to stand up on two feet. It took forever and just as he got back to his feet...

He sort of assumed that the two possible victims were long gone. No skin off his ass, he really didn't care. He was slipping though. The brutal murderer he once was was beginning to turn into a large puddle of mush. He was going to have to work on that. Blood Boy had come way too far and done so much that he would just let all that he's worked for slip out of his hands.

He smiled (or what one would think a smile should look like; with a face like his, covered by a mask it was very hard to tell), and reloaded the Taurus Millennium, then recovered the Ida that had been his only friend these past few days.

"... No sense staying here." he muttered, turning and walking back into the sea of trees. It had been far too long since he heard his name on the announcements. Blood Boy's face showed a sign of a grin under the mask. It was about time he changed that.

((Continued in A View to a Kill))

Return to “Lookout Tower”