Searching for a Fire to Light the Way

*/~. Trinity begins her game! .~/*

The northern side of the island gives way to a sparkling blue ocean and a never-ending strip of white sands. Make sure not to get too caught up in the spectacular view, lest it be the last thing you ever see.
Ariadne†

Searching for a Fire to Light the Way

Post by Ariadne† »

Trinity was tired. Ever since the area had been cleared from being a dangerzone, she'd been running down the beach. She didn't know why, exactly. She was cold and scared and the clouds looming overhead seamed to scream impending doom at her.

Somehow, she'd survived through the game for four days. That was what the man on the announcement had said. She'd been here for four days. Well, she'd been asleep for two of them and had somehow managed not to get attacked.

At least she was wellrested. But now, with the storm coming, Trinity was getting scared. She wanted to find her friends. She wanted to find Jazz. Most of all, she just didn't want to be alone anymore. The island, the game, everything about SOTF was scary.

The meteor hammer that she'd kept inside her bag felt like it weighed a hundred pounds. Her shoulder was hurting badly from running such a long distance with the weapon. In fact, her whole body ached. Her leg muscles were screaming at her to stop, but she wouldn't stop. She was afraid to stop.

Huff...huff...huff.

Trinity panted as she ran. She'd give anything for someone to be by her side right now. That man from the game, he had told her that she had to kill everyone else to go home. Of coujrse she wanted to go home. She wanted to see her mom and her brother and sister but was she really supposed to kill people to do taht?

They'd never done anything to her. Well, they'd never done anything to her that would make it okay to kill them. Her running finally slowed to a walk and she held her side in pain. She couldn't run anymore. She was just too tired. She fell to her knees and gasped for air.

Her eyes turned out to the sea and she watched the waves rise high into the air before crashing down against the beach. The rolling clouds only added affect to the scary looking display. She didn't want to stay here, but she felt like she couldn't move. Trinity was just plain scared.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Ariadne. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Namira

Post by Namira »

(Start: B61)

Keiji Tanaka, four days into SOTF V3, still found it within himself to be optimistic. This was in no small part due to his next to boundless reserves of energy. It was hard to stay positive when you were exhausted, but fatigue wasn't something which would factor in for quite some time. Amusingly enough, it wasn't that Keiji had great faith, a master plan of escape or was being accompanied by his friends.

Putting it kindly, he was just not intelligent enough to be pessimistic.

Perhaps it was fortunate that he hadn't actually had any real encounters since the beginning of the game, which, considering the length of time which had passed already, was rather unlikely to say the least. In an ironic turn, Keiji had been assigned a sword, but it seemed somebody had conspired to ensure it was not a weapon that he was proficient with. A sabre was another thing entirely from the shinken of Iaido, and although you could argue that any kind of blade wass a bonus, the weapon Keiji received just wasn't the thing for the discipline he favoured. The heavy sabre didn't lend itself well to the swift swipe and return of Iaido.

Not that Keiji had even considered using the weapon, as far as he was concerned, playing was out of the question, anybody playing, in fact, was out of the question. It couldn't, surely, be true? The announcements... lies right? The Danya guy and the stuttering dude were just making things up right? Right?!

... It wasn't important right now.

Keiji had been running along the beach for quite a while, hoping, more than anything, to find some cover - he really didn't want to get wet. However, he ground to a sudden halt when he spotted somebody sitting on the beach. He could about make out it was a girl, and she looked kinda tired, but he didn't recognise her, not at first glance at least. It didn't matter, nobody was bad right?

"Hey!" Keiji called to her, the thought she might have been playing never crossed his mind. "Um, hi! I think you should get off the beach - the weather is bad and stuff, like all stormy and rainy and wet. Um, you need a hand? I'm like, strong and stuff, I could help carry your bag, if it's heavy"

He really could be compared to puppy - anxious, eager to please and hyperactive. Dumb too, of course, once again, the idea that the girl might find a heavily muscled and rather large boy intimidating never occured to him. That, after all, would require some form of deduction, and Keiji was terrible at maths.
Crash†

Post by Crash† »

(G39: Start)

After three whole days, Alexis Machina had finally woken up.

Somehow, Lex had managed to sleep through her entire first three days present on the island after the group's sedation. The third announcement had been her long overdue alarm clock, and she had been groggily making her way across the shoreline ever since. Her long, usually thick and flowing brown hair was matted and wet, as were the bottoms of her pants, most likely from having started on the shoreline, she'd concluded. She was lucky that she had been dumped at the higher end of the beach, otherwise the tide may have swept her away before she woke up.

"Maybe then I'd have died like a whale instead of hibernating like a fucking polar bear," she thought to herself. Lex had become quite fond of poking fun at her own weight (especially given that she was the heaviest set girl that she knew of at Southridge High), but it didn't give her half as much pleasure as the complete and utter humiliation of her peers, especially the ones that deserved it. Lex's trek stopped abruptly however as she realized that two of said classmates had already engaged in conversation along the beach.

"Pansy and bubble-brain, and neither of them is holding a gun. Well, better than running into one of them crazy dykes or jocks," She mused quietly to herself, taking an open opportunity to move out of both of their lines of vision and duck down low. When she was certain that neither had seen her, she unzipped her assigned daypack for the first time since her journey had begun and fumbled through it for whatever her assigned weapon was supposed to be. Suddenly, she'd found what she was looking for; sticks of dynamite, ten in all. Despite the fact that she knew the practicality of the weapon was relatively low, Lex couldn't help but smile inwardly at the potential the weapon possessed.

"Play it cool. Making enemies isn't going to get you anywhere, and going ape-shit on them with dynamite certainly won't do anything. It's probably best to just try to befriend them. They were two of the few who never bothered to be rotten to you anyway - why kill them yet?" Lex's inward battle with her conscience was always something she had been wary of during her days at Southridge. Despite the fact that most of the kids had given her plenty of reason to hate them, she was still human, and taking a life wasn't exactly the easiest of tasks to wrestle with on your agenda with whomever you met after you died. "But I'm not going to die here." She affirmed to herself inwardly once more, and satisfied with the way her grip on her situation was so far she zipped up the daypack and slung it back over her back, grabbing her duffle bag and standing once more, moving to approach the two of them.

"Hey," she began rather calmly, holding up her free hand to show them that she didn't possess a weapon and had no intent of hurting either of them. Lex's forte had always been her manipulation of words, and she'd be relying on her craftiness to keep her out of trouble. "I...how long have we all been here? I just woke up about an hour ago, and I...I-I can't believe it..." The stammer came naturally, and she directed her attention to Keiji. "Sorry...I'm Lex. I don't think we've ever really talked before. Nice to meet you, uh...?" She realized she didn't know either of the student's names, having simply associated their identities with their most prevalent character quirks. Deciding that the situation had been handled to the best of her abilities, Lex waited for a response from either of them.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Crash. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Namira

Post by Namira »

It didn't seem as if the girl wanted to speak with him. Well... that was cool with Keiji, it was a bit rude, sure, but it was cool with him. Mean girl, he was, after all trying to be helpful

A little hurt that he had been ignored, Keiji fiddled with the hilt of the sabre, before going into the pocket of his jeans and pulling out a bright red bandanna. Keiji quickly wrapped it around his head to keep his braids out of his eyes. They were just at the length to be an irritation on that front. Fortunately, it was easily dealt with,

Keiji looked up at the sky with some concern. It was getting dark, and the ominous storm clouds were showing no signs of dissipating. If he didn't get to cover soon, he was going to get absolutely drenched - especially since the north coast was so open to the elements. There would be no protection from any poor weather whatsoever.

D'aw man, I don't wanna get wet. I'll get like, all cold and stuff. And I'll be wet and soggy and soaked and drowned and drenched and wet. Rain sucks, it's like... rainy and stuff. Silly girl though, if she just wants to sit there and get drowned. Can you drown in rain? Oh no! What if I'm just standing here and the rain comes in and it's like heavy and there's lots of it and I stand here and get drowned!?

Having succeeded into almost driving himself into a panic, Keiji's short attention span soon prevailed. He was quickly distracted once again, this time by the quality of the sand underfoot, subtly different from anything there had been back home in Southridge. He was idly wondering just why the sand was different, considering such possible situations as persecution and racism, when his head snapped around at an unexpected noise.

Keiji looked towards the source of the speaking, a quiet 'hey' and spotted a rather large girl walking towards him and the other, mean one. Did he know her? She was called like.., like, Lex or something. Lex Luthor? No wait, that was from Spiderman. Erm... Machina came to mind, but that was the techy stuff from FFX wasn't it? Did that make her Spideryuna? Probably not, Keiji decided - Yuna's eyes were two different colours...

He listened as Lex spoke to him, head cocked slightly to one side, paying rather more attention to her make-up than what she was actually saying. Introductions were boring, appearances were interesting. Absently, Keiji rubbed his tattoo, which he still maintained was awesome, despite misgivings due to the number of people who liked to point it out. Then again, they weren't all criticising, so...

As Lex finished, Keiji guessed he should speak up. He wasn't rude, like mean girl, after all.

"I'm Keiji. Sarcastic-man and stammer-boy said we've been here for... um. Like, three days. They said other stuff about people like, getting killed, but that can't be true, we're all good, nobody kills each other right? But I'm not worried if people are, I've like, got a sword, which you can like, choppy chop bad guys and stuff with. It's not a shinken though, which is bad, they're good, because I can do Iaido properly, but not with this, and that makes me kinda sad and stuff. I won't cry though! It's only a sword," Keiji trailed off, aware he had rambled. He shuffled his feet awkwardly for a moment or two.

Oops, I got like, carried away and stuff.
Crash†

Post by Crash† »

When the boy had turned to face her, Lex was immediately stunned by his spontaneous movement. The girl remained silent, but this boy was anything but what she'd expected of him. His muscle-bound body and clearly oriental lineage led her to somewhat stereotypically assume that he'd be the strong and silent type, but as soon as his eager voice broke the silence that assumption was more than shattered. Nevertheless, it wasn't unwelcomed. She'd always found reserved people quite boring, and procuring an ally that didn't annoy the piss out of her would definitely be a great asset.

"...Plus, he's kinda cute," She observed passively, making quick note of the features she'd never bothered to pay attention to at Southridge. The tattoo on his cheek, the impeccable physique, the bandana, the slightly braided hair...he was unique enough to appease her interests, but not overly dramatic with his appearance to the point where he came off as a pretentious scenester; the very people Lex detested. On the contrary, he was handsome, personable, and quite possibly an outsider...the very qualities she looked for in a guy. She even found his stutter charming.

"Stop thinking like that stupid-ass, or you're going to get yourself killed. Besides, look at that body. He's probably putting on an act." Lex once more found herself wrestling with her better judgment in this situation. Her most valuable quality was her intelligence, which told her that trusting somebody in this twisted game would surely lead to her own demise. Then again, if trusting someone potentially led to her being saved, or to spending her last few days as pleasantly as possible given their dismal situation, might it be worth it after all?

"...Then again, if he was out to kill people, he probably would've done-in the ice queen over here already. She's staring out into space as if we're not even here, and it's starting to rain..." Despite the fact that this latter analysis of the situation was somewhat more optimistic than she normally would've behaved, Lex was definitely more comfortable in the presence and companionship of a strapping young lad than pitted against him.

"W-well, judging by those announcements I don't think everyone's as hopeful as you are..." She began somewhat dismally, but deciding it would be in both of their best interests not to crush his spirits she quickly added, "But even if that's the case, we can just do our best to avoid them. Uh...that is, if you're fine with going with me."

What was wrong with her? Lex, the woman with the gift of the silk tongue and crafty devil was stammering as much as Keiji was. A match made in Heaven? She didn't even have time to consider the notion, however, as the morning announcements cracked to life and a squeaky, considerably annoying voice greeted the students, announcing that their fifth day on the island had begun. The news that she'd slept through three, most of four days on the island and survived comforted and threw her slightly, but it wasn't as wrenching as the next bit of news announced was.

The Northern Coast had been declared a danger zone. The weight of the collar around her neck seemed to grow heavier almost instantly as the subordinate terrorist delivered the dreadful news, and Lex, almost completely forgetting that Trinity was even there, directed her attention solely to Keiji.

"Come on, we're gonna have to haul ass." Lex began, and almost at that precise moment the slight drizzle of rain seemed to be transforming into a torrent. "We'll have time to talk later. We've gotta find a place to get dry first. Follow me." Before she even knew what she was doing, Lex had once more assumed a leadership role and directed Keiji to accompany her. The notion of having him around comforted her slightly despite the fact that they'd just formally spoken for the first time, mostly owing to his physical appeal. Nevertheless, she knew they'd have to escape the rain as soon as possible. Not only was it not an ideal weather pattern to get caught up in, but it rendered her designated weapon completely useless if she didn't find a place to take shelter. Making sure both her bags were secure, she began the long trek off the coastline and towards the menacing jungle of the island at what would normally be considered a light jog, but felt to her like a mad dash.

(Alexis Machina continued in Wash Away My Pain)
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Crash. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Ariadne†

Post by Ariadne† »

A lot had been going on around her, what with the appearance of not one but two new people. But Trinity hadn't noticed any of it. In fact, after she'd fallen to her knees in exhaustion, she'd all but spaced out, becoming pretty deeply absorbed in her own thoughts.

Why's all this happening? It's not fair! I don't wanna die here! Ohhh, what am I gonna do? Where's Jazz? Where's everybody else? I don't wanna be alone! I'm....I'm so scared!

The sound of people talking finally caught Trinity's attention, and she gasped loudly in surprise as she realized that two people had in fact shown up on the beach immediately beside her. Had they been talking to her? She'd been ignoring them the whole time, wrapped up in her own thoughts.

Isn't that guy on the basketball team? But who's that girl? Isn't she one of those weird goth kids? She looks like Mimi from Drew Carey or something.

"Hey!" Trinity exclaimed suddenly, rising to her feet, "How long have you guys been here? Sorry, I didn't mean to like, ignore you or anything. I was just....thinking and stuff. You two aren't playing, right? Of course you aren't, you'd probably have already hurt me otherwise....unless....unless you're thinking of doing something worse to me. You two....you aren't like that, right? Right?!"

She wasn't sure what exactly caused her sudden bout of paranoid toward thw two people. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that they simply weren't the kind of people that usually hung out together. Keiji was a fairly well known athlete and whoever this girl was didn't seem like she had many friends at all.

"Um..."

Trinity didn't have time to say anything else before the announcement went off. As she listened to Danya's assistant talk over the speakers, she became much more aware of her surroundings and the fact that it was starting to rain.

She wrapped her arms around her chest as she lisened to the names of the students that had been killed that day and was surprised to hear that people seemed to have calmed down and stopped killing other students. She didn't hear a lot of the big names this time either. No Nathanial Harris, whoever that boy was. No Adam Dodd either.

It wasn't until the announcement was over that Trinity fully realized that she was in danger. Or to be more specific, in a dangerzone. Her naturally big green eyes widened even more and she looked at the other two students in a panic. Lex seemed intent on running off with Keiji but she didn't know whether she should follow them or not.

It only took her a few seconds to decide that following them was better than staying in the dangerzone and dying. She took off running after Lex, assuming they'd figure everything out once they got out of the dangerzone. If they wanted to be alone then, then they were welcome to it. Trinity just wanted to find Jazz.

((Continued in The Fifth Announcement))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Ariadne. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Namira

Post by Namira »

((Not in the mood to post, yet not in the mood to have Keiji blown up either, I'll make this short and sweet))

Things started happening a bit quickly for Keiji, he'd been about to reply to Lex - that he'd be delighted to stick with her. Friends were for that right? It was never to late to make a new buddy anyway, especially if there were as many bad people out there as Lex seemed to think.

But then the announcement came on, disrupting Keiji's train of thought, (not that you'd win an award for managing that, birds had been known to do the same) and upsetting him too. There had been some deaths over the last day, less than before - he hadn't bothered counting, maths was for brainy people and stuff, but it was shorter than the others. Keiji could about gain from that that less people had died.

This is bad and stuff... people like, got killed. I gotta make sure that doesn't happen to me. And, like, these girls and stuff. They seem nice, I have to look after them.

Feeling a sense of great responsibilty, Keiji followed along after Lex and Trinity at a brisk jog, maintaining a distance so that he could remain at the back and keep watch on the rear, one hand on the hilt of his sheathed sabre.

Keiji Tanaka. Some knight in shining armour eh?

((Continued in But I'm a Creep...))

Return to “Northern Coast”