Diamond district in the Jag'

Open for anyone who wants to get down without "getting down"

George Hunter High School's prom itself, held at an event center in downtown Chattanooga on May 25, 2018. The theme is Glow In The Dark. This forum can cover anything from the arrival at the dance to when students leave. There are plenty of chaperones around to keep an eye on things and unsupervised areas are off-limits, so no private threads are allowed at the event.
Laurels

Diamond district in the Jag'

Post by Laurels »

Tanisha leaned against the wall and took a sip from her punch glass. It had been quite a fun experience at prom so far. She decided to say "fuck it" to the whole rigmarole of finding a guy to go with and went as friendsies with Joanne. They had a blast getting dolled up and making their way to the prom venue without any complications. Just two girls who wanted to party and make the most of their last few weeks of high school. That was way more fun than having to deal with a guy who was probably uncomfortable in a tux and trying to make sure his condoms didn't fall out of his pocket on the dance floor.

Joanne had run off at some point, probably to go to the bathroom, leaving Tanisha a moment to rest and take in the atmosphere. Tanisha assumed a theme like "Glow in the Dark" would be a lot more rave-like and less "glowsticks taped to the wall and colored spinning lights on the ceiling," but she figured Hunter High had a budget, so she could roll with it. Besides, everyone else seemed like they could get down to Camila Cabello even with the lack of glow body paint available, so maybe it was enough.

Tanisha took another sip as "Havana" came to an end. It wasn't that much of a dance song to her, so she could take a moment to rest.

That is, until the song changed to "I Like It," and that's when Tanisha felt she was done.

"Oh hell yeah!" she shouted, her profanity drowned out by Cardi B.

She set her cup down on the nearest table and shuffled her way to the dance floor. Tanisha knew she'd be doing a lot of dancing tonight, so she made sure to wear cute, comfortable flats, and a flowing, knee-length candy apple red dress that was easy to move in. Plus, it would surely make her stand out as she showed all her punk-ass classmates her dance skills.

Tanisha found a clear space near the center of the floor and began moving with the music.
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Violet had decided to go on her own to the Prom without any of her friends, a guy friend or a possible girl as a date. Maybe she should have asked someone to go with her, but it was too late for her to do it now. Going alone was not as bad as she thought that it would be. She didn't even feel sad about it and she was looking forward to having a fantastic time.The 'Glow in The Dark' theme was a lot more interesting and fascinating to her and it had made her feel a bit more willing to try to interact with other people. But she was not one of the people who were happily dancing to the sound of Cardi B. She was not the biggest fan of her music but she did find it refreshing to see the others having fun and the time of their lives.

She glanced down at the punch glass that Tanisha had set down on her table and she watched the girl dancing for a few moments, feeling a small smile form onto her face. The girl did look so lively with her dance moves and Violet wished that she could go with the flow as well as Tanisha. However, she was not the dancing type and she was afraid of making an embarrassment of herself. So she was very content with watching the others for now.

Violet was actually wearing some purple glitter on her purple lipstick lips and she hoped that she looked okay. She had her hair straightened past her shoulders and she was brushing a strand of her hair behind her ear, feeling a bit insecure about how she appeared. She was wearing a black and white striped dress that went down to her knees and she was wearing some flat black shoes. She would never risk wearing high heels as she would fall on her butt numerous times.

She picked up her punch glass and took a careful sip from it.
[+] V7
ImageG006 - Violet Quinn: "T-Thank you.... Ned...."
ImageB033 - Adonis Cohen: "Thank.... T-Thank you, E-Emmett..."
ImageB045 - Emmett Bunnell: "Just.... breathe, you idiot...."(Adopted to Toxie!)
ImageB054 - Drew Woods: "D-Declyn, I love you..."
ImageB051 - Jonathan Meyers: “...that’s louder than bombs and eternity…” (Adopted from Yugikun!)
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Tanisha grooved along with the beat. It wasn't the kind of high energy song she liked, but she always had a soft spot for Latino-inspired dance tracks. They usually had plenty of opportunities for grinding and moving sexily. Tanisha could find a way to really get into any song like that, so she was glad Cardi B blessed the prom with a dance track like this. It allowed her to opportunity to show off the dance moves she had developed when Despacito came out last year.

For the most part, this meant just doing slower dance moves like the Dougie and the Nae Nae, but Tanisha was getting into it. She had absolutely no affirmation, but she was sure a big bitch like her could find a way to really get into this and draw the attention of all these two-left-footed motherfuckers.

"I said I liked it like that!" Tanisha sang along with the song.

That's when Tanisha noticed something. A few feet away from her, it appeared that a gap was forming in the dance floor. Tanisha knew that meant only one thing: dance circle.

She started to sashay over there. If people were really going to bust out their best moves, she had to jump in.
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Violet could only watch in the background as a dance circle was forming and her eyebrows were raising up in surprise. She guessed that she should have realized that something as wild as this would have happened. She knew that she had to get closer to get a better picture of what was going on. A big dance-off seemed like the correct thing for her to guess.

Just watch and have fun, Violet. Don't be afraid to join in.

She put her punch glass down on the table in front of her and she got up to her feet, tugging her dress down in some places around her knees. Then she moved over to the edge of the circle and she felt her eyes just focusing on the people who were dancing like no tomorrow.
[+] V7
ImageB045 - Emmett Bunnell: "Just.... breathe, you idiot...."(Adopted to Toxie!)
ImageB051 - Jonathan Meyers: “...that’s louder than bombs and eternity…” (Adopted from Yugikun!)
Frozen Smoke

Post by Frozen Smoke »

((>tracert ParkerGreen.Prom
2 | 3 ms 1 ms 2 ms compensated█))

The music was better than he expected.

Not great, sure, he preferred his music to have an actual bass-line. But it wasn't just the Top 40 on loop, which was a nice surprise. "I Like It" was enough to make him bob his head in time with the rhythm as he watched the crowd begin to move, forming a loose circle around a point of attention as people tried desperately not to knock watered down punch out of each other's hands in the shuffle.

He looked over to his date, wondering if she was looking at it too. His expression shifted slightly as he wondered if she wanted to dance too. That seemed like the sort of thing that fit into a traditional plan for prom, which Willow seemed to be trying her best to stick to, and was the kind of thing he was hopelessly unprepared for.

"I hope you're not expecting me to dance." he commented, leaning closer to her as he spoke, trying not to put too much force into the statement as they watched the first sacrifice to the god of dance and peer pressure jump into the ring.
[+] V7
Relationship Thread!

ImageFaith Clementine Marshal-Mackenzie
[+] Pregame
Memories: Making old enemies
Present Day: Making new friends - Playing childish games - Acting like an adult
Oneshots: Tidying up - Coming home
ImageParker Green
[+] Pregame
Memories: Cheaters never prosper - Except when they do - Keeping promises
Present Day: Getting informed - Playing nice - Keeping up appearances - Playing Games - Talking too much
Oneshots: Preparing for battle
Luca Thomas
[+] Pregame
Present Day: Being a team player
Prom: Trying her best
Memories:
Criticism or thoughts on my writing are welcome and appreciated - always looking to improve! Feel free to poke me on Discord or via PM.
Melusine

Post by Melusine »

((Arrived with onion rings in her purse.))

"I'm a lot of things, but not a sadist," she answered to Parker's remark. There'd be enough dancing by the ones surrounding them. Having listened to exactly three teen romance movie in her entire life, she figured there was a part of truth in the story. She just hoped nobody would pull a Carrie, though. If someone did it, at least she had her onion rings.

Her eyes scanned the room, unable to spot anything to catch her attention longer than a second. She almost forgot the purpose of her arrival. Two girls were already dancing, she knew Tanisha by first name basis but Violet by second-hand stories, she was glad they were capable of having fun. Willow could possibly join them in their happiness, but not now, she felt tired.

"Wanna' sit down and eat the rest of the onion rings?"
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Tanisha continued to dance along with the dance circle as I Like It slowly came to an end. She had hoped to find a way to jump into the circle, but some other people were a little faster and more aggressive in jumping into the circle. Tanisha would be more aggressive if it didn't mean she'd fuck up her hair and dress. She spent way too much to look semi-decent for tonight, so she wasn't going to ruin it. She could tastefully mess it up, but not ruin it.

The song came to an end, and people in the circle cheered. Tanisha cheered too. She decided to jump into the circle right as the next few beats began. She could figure out the moves as the song began to play. She grooved a bit as some basic person moved in. Tanisha would let them take the verse. She could show them all how to handle the chorus.

I..don't..like your little games. Don't...like your tilted stage. The...role you made me play. Of the fool. No I don't like you.

"Oh what is this white bullshit?" Tanisha muttered to herself.

They were gonna follow Cardi B with Taylor fucking Swift? Nuh uh. Not if Tanisha had anything to say about that. And no, she wasn't going to let some basic white person lead a dance circle to this.

As the song built towards its tepid chorus, Tanisha was ready. She hiked her dress up a bit and stomped in right as T-Swizzle checked her list twice like the Santa Clause of pettiness. So while these basic bitches could slightly jam to the Snake Queen's proclamation of the doing that people were apparently making her do, Tanisha showed them all how it was done.

This involved, in about fifteen seconds of chorus, some fierce twerking, arm flailing, and then, the coup de grace. Tanisha did a high kick, and used the momentum to death drop to the floor. She could hear some cheers and exclamations from the amused masses surrounding her. They must not have known a bitch like her could add actual street cred to some basic-ass Taylor Swift song.

It was just a shame Tanisha was sure she was down a shoe from that kick. She now had to wonder where it flew off to and if she'd be able to find it.
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Violet had been mesmerized by Tanisha's powerful dance moves and she found herself letting out a small cheer now and again. She wished that she was that brave to be able to move just like that. So why didn't she just do it? Because she had always felt awkward about having people's eyes on her and she was afraid that those eyes were judging her. She knew that she should never be paranoid about what other people thought of her but she had always wanted to come out of her shell more. She wanted to interact with others and to have a good time. She just had to stop lurking in the shadows/ Her comfort zone. She had to step out of it more.

She noticed the shoe that had landed on the floor sideways beside her and she had a feeling that this was her opportunity to take action. She knelt down to pick up Tanisha's shoe and she dusted it off as she got back up steadily. She glanced over at Tanisha and she made her approach towards the girl.

Just act like a normal human being, Violet.

"Tanisha.... Here you go." She said with a sweet smile and she held the shoe out towards her. "You were amazing out there."
[+] V7
Frozen Smoke

Post by Frozen Smoke »

Tanisha sure looked like she knew what she was doing.

He had no idea what she was doing, but there was confidence there. It seemed like her audience appreciated it, even if he didn't. One member of the crowd even handed her back a lost shoe, like a lesbian retelling of Cinderella. Dance had never been the sort of thing he'd been able to appreciate, be it ballet or breakdancing. It wasn't just a casual disinterest, like with reality TV or professional sport, but a desire not to waste time on something he felt pointless. He supposed that made it all the more appropriate that it was the sort of thing Prom celebrated, a finalé of all the time wasted on things that would soon be useless.

Willow's request was odd. She sounded tired already, and he wondered why.

She didn't talk about it, but the rumours were out there, and he was tapped in enough to the rumour mill through Gyu-ri and Blaise to have heard the rumours about her. Time in hospital, time in a psych ward, time off school - No-one could agree on specifics, but the fact that she wasn't in school for a while for medical reasons was the grain of truth he could pick out. Maybe she had chronic fatigue syndrome, or perhaps she wasn't entirely all there.

Whatever the cause, it behoved him to point out the obvious problem, even if he was to agree.

"Sure, but I don't think sitting down on the floor is going to end well." he said, calmly, before adding an elaboration. "Unless you like getting stepped on."
[+] V7
Relationship Thread!

[+] Pregame
ImageParker Green
[+] Pregame
Present Day: Getting informed - Playing nice - Keeping up appearances - Playing Games - Talking too much
Luca Thomas
[+] Pregame
Memories:
Criticism or thoughts on my writing are welcome and appreciated - always looking to improve! Feel free to poke me on Discord or via PM.
Melusine

Post by Melusine »

Willow paused and she appeared to be taken aback. Her expression quickly swapped a smirk and her neck turned toward her date. She started giggling. It was genuine. She wasn't sure if Parker had done it on purpose but it helped her.

"No, dummy," she said laughing. She glanced around the room, seeking for seats. She just wanted to rest her legs, she had been up all day running around to get ready for prom and only had the time for a break when she had her hair done.

She pointed toward the tables that were unoccupied behind Tanisha and Violet. Willow gently grabbed Parker's hand and guided him toward the seats she wanted. They had to go through people and they first came across Violet who had just given Tanisha back her shoe.

"Hey girls, how's the night?"
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

"Haha!" Tanisha laughed as she breathed a bit, feeling the back of her head pound a bit after the death drop. It wasn't the cleanest one, the lack of shoe notwithstanding, but it definitely go the crowd riled up in the best way.

Violet came over to return the shoe. Tanisha rolled onto her side and propped herself up, freeing the dance circle to allow for anyone else to jump in and try to dance along to weak-ass Taylor Swift jams.

"Aw, thanks Vi," she said as she took the shoe.

She then quickly got back up and balanced on one foot so she could put the shoe back on.

"I think I just served everyone, if serving is still a thing people do," Tanisha exclaimed.

Before she could say more, another girl had approached her and Violet. It was Willow, who looked closely followed by what Tanisha could logically and assuredly assume was her date.

"Oh, not much," she told Willow. "Defending my Captaincy in case anyone assumed I earned it through less-than-honorable means."
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Before Violet could even get a chance to respond to Tanisha's words; she noticed that Willow had approached them with her date - Parker? - following behind and she didn't saying anything. However, she give a polite smile to the both of them and she watched as Tanisha was the one who was brave enough to talk to them. She really had to get over her quietness and start a conversation with them. But who should she speak to? Willow who was engaged in talk with Tanisha? Or with Parker the date of Willow?

Stop being so indecisive, Violet. Just talk like a normal person. It's not hard.

".....The night's going alright." She said simply to Willow and then she turned slightly to look at Parker. "What about you? Are you having a good time?"
[+] V7
Frozen Smoke

Post by Frozen Smoke »

The giggle that Willow made in response to that was pretty cute, and whilst he hadn't been trying to make a joke, his mouth was quickly carved into a crooked line that indicated he had. The information of where exactly they were going to head to was less forthcoming, as she grabbed his hand and dragged him - well, lead, Willow was barely able to drag her own body weight, let alone another person - through the floor towards the small selection of tables, before stopping in the midst the two people they'd just been curiously spectating now stood talking in the aftermath. He didn't know the other girl's name, but he was in time to hear a "Vi", which was probably a shortening of her name.

Then Willow decided to embroil the two of them in their small talk, rather than continuing to move in the previous direction.

It was going to be a long night, wasn't it?

He took in a little breath in through his nose, held it, and released it. Tried to let the frustration flow out of him, and remind himself that getting annoyed about it wasn't going to change the situation, and that he had reasons to be doing things he didn't want to be doing.

"Hell yeah, digging the atmosphere." he replied, with the soft but genuine enthusiasm that was expected of him.

"It's a shame no-one came with glow-in-the-dark hair though, that would have been great." he added, hoping to steer them away from asking for an elaboration on what, exactly, he was enjoying about standing in a room with no alcohol with mediocre music playing in the background.
[+] V7
Relationship Thread!

[+] Pregame
ImageParker Green
[+] Pregame
Luca Thomas
[+] Pregame
Memories:
Melusine

Post by Melusine »

Willow didn't really understand why she chose to drag Parker to the girls, but she felt the intense need to test him. If he bailed on her, she wouldn't need to pay, but if he stayed, she wouldn't be lonely for the night and could live out a normal prom. Parker did nail the first quiz and now he was acing the second. She almost felt like increasing his pay, but she reminded herself money didn't grow on tree. The test was going well and Willow was happy. She waited for her to turn to speak before saying her part.

"Oh, I forgot about the theme. I just decided to wear black."

She finished that statement with another giggle, and she tilted her head. It was a half-truth. She knew there was a theme but didn't bother to learn about it. Willow didn't want to spend all of her money on something she'd wear once then forget in her closet. It wasn't very practical to have a glow-in-the-dark dress, especially when she wanted to draw as little attention to her. What followed was a genuine statement with, hopefully, a self-fulfilled prophecy.

"I'm glad to hear you guys are enjoying the night, I personally think it started great and I hope it continues to be like that."
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

"Yeah, the night will be much better if the music isn't just boring pop shit like this," Tanisha said. Look What You Made Me Do was nearing its end, so hopefully they'd transition to something better.

"And I figured I'd just wear something that sparkles in the light," Tanisha added. "I know the theme is glow in the dark, but I didn't want to dress in a way that would highlight dust or whatever and make me look like I was wearing a motel bedspread."

As she made that comment, the music began to change. That's when Tanisha heard a loud, familiar female rapper that instantly made her cheer.

Drop top Porsche, Rollie on my wrist, Diamonds up and down my chain.

"That's better!" she shouted as Finesse started to play. Tanisha started bobbing to the beat.

"Come on y'all," she said to the three around her. "Let's turn up!"

Return to “Prom”