The Frog Prince

A oneshot; Night of the Trip

One of northeast Chattanooga's upper-class neighborhoods, Frazier's Glen boasts large, landscaped lawns and strategically-placed greenery along its streets which accentuates the feeling of being isolated from the rest of the city. The homes here are likewise large; though they are modern constructions, the exteriors of most of the houses reflect Late Victorian architectural trends, a throwback to some older areas of the city, while the interiors of many are comfortably modern. Several parks and the country club are within walking distance of the gated community.
Pippi

The Frog Prince

Post by Pippi »

((Dean Puchero continued from Generation Loss))

Dean woke up with a start, tangled in his bedsheets, utterly drenched in sweat. He sat up for a few seconds, blinking until his eyes adjusted to the deep blue enveloping his room, before he groaned and flopped backwards onto his pillow, rolling onto his side to grab his phone on his nightstand. He blinked again as he blasted bright light directly into his bleary eyes, failing to swipe in his password pattern three times before getting lucky the fourth time. He could just about make out his phone background, a candid photo of the football team getting into a heated argument about whether Coke or Pepsi was better during a meal out, and the date and time beaming happily at him.

2:17am
Friday, June 1st

He groaned again, falling back down to stare up at the ceiling, letting his phone fall to his side. Great. Real good start to the trip, waking up in the middle of the night feeling like he was in a furnace. Dean wiped his forehead with the back of his hand, blinking back sleep and yawning as he did so. He wanted to look on the bright side of all this – at least he could fall asleep on the coach up to Washington easy peasy now – but it was hard to see that past how gross he felt, his whole body slick with sweat.

He rolled on to his other side, trying to readjust himself and find some facsimile of comfort again. Whatever. He just needed to get back to sleep as soon as possible. Then, in the morning, he could hop in the shower, and everything would be a-okay again.

Two hours later, Dean was hunched over the toilet, his one arm steadying him from collapsing on the bathroom floor, skin pale and a cold sweat dripping from his forehead and the tip of his nose, and things were very definitely not a-okay.

His dad had popped in to check what was going on, a few minutes back, and had offered soothing sympathies as soon as he figured it out, but little more than that. Dean wasn’t upset. That was just how Jackson Puchero worked; he was loving and supportive of his family, but also incredibly focused on efficiency and, to be honest, pretty awkward half the time. Besides, what was he supposed to do? Magic Dean back to full health? Teleport all the vomit away?

After a few more minutes of feeling like his guts were being yanked out of his body with a fishing hook, Dean shakily got to his feet and staggered back to his room. He blinked again, and his eyes would have widened in surprise if it didn’t give him a splitting headache to move them. His bed had fresh sheets, and there was a large glass of water and two pills sitting on his nightstand.

That was also how Jackson Puchero worked. The behind the scenes guy who stopped the entire world from falling apart.

Dean crawled into bed, popping both pills into his mouth and downing a large swig of water. It was only as he flicked off the desk lamp next to his bed that he realised something, and his heart sank. There was absolutely no way he was gonna be able to make the trip in this state. He could barely even walk, and he could already feel his sweat seeping into his pillow again.

He let out a sigh, that came out more as a low rasping noise, before grabbing his phone again. He scrolled through his contacts, finding all the people he cared most about that would be heading to Washington in a few short hours. Amelia, Forrest, Siyanda – ze were going on the trip, right? He couldn’t remember, not in his current state – all of the football team. All of them got the same message; a hasty few words letting them know he was currently dying in bed, that the previous sentence had been a joke, that he wouldn’t be able to make the trip, and that he hoped they all had a blast.

That being done, Dean placed his phone back on his nightstand, and sank back into his pillow with a deep, heavy sigh. Well, there went all his plans for the entire week. The hell was he gonna do with himself now? Stay all curled up in bed with chicken noodle soup and water, for the most part, he guessed. Maybe he could… spend the time he wasn’t asleep playing Overwatch, or something. By himself. Whilst everyone else was out in the sun, having fun exploring Washington.

Man, the stars really weren’t in his favour today, huh?

Dean closed his eyes, and soon enough, exhaustion carried him away to sleep.

((Dean Puchero continued in Meanwhile…)
[+] V7
B006 - Stepney Cruz - DEAD - Dynasty decapitated, you just might see a ghost tonight - Mountain Bike - Localised - Catastrophe - Inferno
Pregame - Chill - Loss - Realm
Trip - Loved

G035 - Katie Agustien - DEAD - There's only two ways that these things can go, good or bad and how was I to know that all your friends won't hold any grudges, I got the final judgment - The World's Sharpest Knife™ - Dread - Skin - ieatnothing - Satisfaction - Tempest - Zero
Pregame - Vend-etta - Flames - Fleet - Monachopsis - Glitter
Trip - G҉ A҉ N҉ G҉

B028 - Aurelien Valter - DEAD - When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat, before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream - Spiked Mace, Glock 19, Min-Jae Parker's Crossbow - Nightmare - Bubbles - Neighbourhood - Tragedy - Make It - Fiend - Sleet - Love - Walls - Friends - Key - Everything - Gotta - Ghosts - Alone
Pregame - Shark - Heart
Prom - Link - Gradation - Ballare
Trip - Inferis - Scusare

B052 - Garren Mortimer - DEAD- Cut up and I can't feel my hands, no need to chase, can you relate, can you keep up the pace like you're dying for this? - Bryan Calvert's SPAS-12, Alligator tooth sword - Sky - Geek - Nation - No - Dilemma - Mauerbauertraurigkeit - Struck - Punishment - Énouement - Pain - Learn - lamb - Moves
Pregame - Rain
Trip - Life

Meanwhile
Lyra Doyle - Let's live tonight like fireflies, and one by one light up the sky - Pop!
Pregame - Evolution - Life - Lo Mein
Memories - Forward - Odds

Dean Puchero - By July you'd made a whole bunch of brand new friends, people you used to look down on, and you'd figured out a way to make real money - Phone - Angel
Pregame - Generation - Prince
Memories - Star
Prom - Sun - Luster
[+] The Past
V6
Bryony Adams - Burning bright until the end, now you'll be missing from the photographs
Astrid Tate - So what became of loving man, and what became of you?
Mia Rose - You can't understand that I won't leave 'til we're finished here, and then you'll find out where it all went wrong

V5
Owen Kay - I fold my tie and ribbon to hide my scars, that's how it starts
Amy Bachelor - Can you whisper, as it crumbles and breaks, as you shiver, count up all your mistakes
Francis St. Ledger - So a day when you've lost yourself completely could be a night when your life ends

V4
George Leidman (Adopted from Blastinus) - Now if we jump together at least we can swim far away from the wreck that we made
Beatrice - Jamie - Pippi - Tim - Ada - Tabby - Romeo - Lissa - Freddie - Trinity - Redd - Natalie - Kendra
[+] The Future
Boyd Adkinson - Ain't no surprise that I can't sleep tonight, my only vice is standing by your side
"bryony and alba would definitely join the terrorists quote me on this put this quote in signatures put it in history books" - Cicada Days, 2017

Return to “The Gated Community”