Beauty, Beast and Boxer

Featuring an NHL regulation-size ice arena, an antique carousel, a fabulous 1,000 seat food court and over 100 great stores, Highland Hills Shopping Mall is the heart and soul of Highland Beach.
laZardo†

Beauty, Beast and Boxer

Post by laZardo† »

((Renee Valenti continued from Sweet for Some, Painful for Others, Boxer continued from A Favor for a Friend))

The mall was a busy place on weekends, and the local Starbucks was just as busy, albeit with people taking a load off. These people came from all walks of life - at least from the lower-middle class up to the stars anyway to converse over just about anything and nothing over a hot cup-a-joe. So it would not be particularly surprising to find a large jock dressed in Southridge school colors trying to console a sobbing yet sexy redhead at a table by the storefront window.

"...Oh my God. That's terrible..." the jock replied in a deep, slightly Latino accent. The look on his face was succinctly concerned.
"...I know..." followed by a few sobs that were very likely real, "In front of everybody too!"
"Is there anything I can do about it? You want me to talk to this guy?"
"That kid doesn't understand words...he's a savage!"
"So why are you inviting him over here then to apologize?"
"I'm not going to apologize...that's why I also invited you too." the voice changed to anger.
"Oh...you want me to..." Despite the jock's lack of mental acuity, he was used to what came next in that sentence that he could somehow "sense" it coming.
"It's not what you think...please understand..."
"Rio, I don't fuck anyone over who hasn't got it coming to him."
"Please...he's really got it coming to him. I'll make it up to you somehow, I promise."
"All right, all right. But don't tell my friends, okay?"
"I won't. Promise."

A drastically large boy dressed in letterman equipment befitting of his elevated jock status exited the coffee shop, looking sufficiently frustrated enough to beat someone up. He cracked his free fist (the other one holding a half-finished frappucino) as he walked into the ZIP store next to the coffee shop where he'd just met Reneé Valenti. Once he was safely inside, he moved his free fist down to his pocket, where his cellphone would be waiting in case Reneé decided to give him the go signal.

The redhead, of course, was busy wiping off her tears with a coffee shop-branded napkin with one hand, with her other arm nestled firmly in a cast and sling. These weren't the crocodile tears that were normally required of women on stage in drama movies or otherwise, these were actually real...or at least real enough for Boxer Carvalho to believe them enough. Still, there was a lot of past behind those tears, pasts that involved a nearly-sexual assault in front of a good number of students by a kid in a smiley-face mask. To her, the resulting punishment for Blood Boy - 3 days suspension - wasn't justice enough. Of course, simple and direct retribution wasn't going to help salvage her career from the damage she sustained...so outside help was required.

First she had to get BB out and away from school where nobody would notice. That was accomplished while the two were dragged into the principal's office to explain themselves after she was assaulted. Vice Principal Rothsberg didn't allow them to talk to each other initially due to the gravity of the situation...but after the sentences were handed down (Reneé getting the same sentence though it was considered "time off to relax"), he requested them to apologize. And for the first time in a very long time, she put on an act that the two could both buy, hook line and sinker.

Meanwhile, she knew word of the incident had penetrated Boxer's thick skull, and it would be easy to make it look like the leviathan was on one of his moralistic "rampages" once the fists stopped flying. Besides which, she also figured he needed to vent from his beating at the hands of one of his own kind some days ago.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler laZardo. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Buko

Post by Buko »

((Continued from Up is Down))

It had been two days since the events of the last time he and Renee first butted heads and currently Blood Boy was coming to the mall under less than enthused circumstances, for the most part the mall was made up of one thing: People he hated talking about things he didn't care about. But, the past few days had been kind to him, he had recently made a myspace in which he had already become the "Friends" of almost everyone on Southridge, but mostly he was disturbed that he was profiting over the suffering of others.

So much for paying it back ten times worse.

The guilt of this whole situation had racked his brain for the past few days and no matter how many bottles of liquor he drank or how many walks he went on it just seemed to solidify and grow worse, so he came to the mall with the intent of apologizing to Renee. He had dressed up in a fine short sleeved black button down shirt and a nice pair of jeans along with a pair of black converse, but his mask also seemed to have a very pristine sense of polish. In his pockets fifty dollars danced freely and he tried to repress his urge to smile as he fully intended to give this paltry sum to Renee in order to pay her back for being so willing (and insistent) on them talking.

As he headed towards their designated meeting place he noticed Boxer, he was lucky enough to avoid Boxer's "Hand of Hurting" as some of the nerds dubbed it, but he still walked closer to Boxer with a certain amount of fear and apprehension on his visage. He was grateful that he wasn't a bullying target before this whole incident, his recent fame and well publicized fighting skills (which he attributed to luck) had caused many to IM him with challenges, he certainly hoped that for the remainder of his Senior year he could keep away from fighting in general.

And with that he continued walking past the ZIP store hoping that the Southridge's resident Goliath wouldn't notice him.
"My man got too familiar and I’d ended up having to whoop his ass, man, you know. Because he would step across the line. Habitually. He’s a habitual line stepper.” -Charlie Murphy
[+] Ace of Hearts
V8 Relationship Thread

Slidin'
Lookin' for the opps, they been hidin'
I grew up 'round drugs, sex, and violence
We turnt off they street, we heard sirens
Since a juvenile, I been wylin'
laZardo†

Post by laZardo† »

Boxer was the first to spot BB walking toward the coffee shop, given that the freak was coming from the same direction. If it weren't for the mask, it would have been hard for Boxer to spot someone dressed like BB was in the crowd. Still, he simply gave the kid in a smiley mask a rather angry glare before turning his attention back to the XL rack, where he at least seemed to be looking for something that could actually fit on him without too much stretching.

Reneé looked through the coffee shop window to wave her free hand out at BB, whom she could spot approaching. She feigned a painful smile as she looked him over, before settling back in her seat to nurse her sling arm. The little freak was dressed prim and proper, as if he had somehow been rewarded for what he'd done to her. Not that at this moment he didn't remind her of whom she feared most, but that was beside the point. She hoping that she could get him where he wanted him. There was only one glass on the table she was at now...at least for the time being.

No amount of money or mansions could make up for the pain and humiliation she'd went through. At this point in her life, the only way to repay pain was with pain...and make sure that pain didn't come right back at her. For nearly ripping her arm in two like that - and costing her even just a bit part in an upcoming picture - she'd hoped BB didn't go home with his mask in one piece. And that was just the mask. If she was able to pull off humiliating Blood Boy in front of an entire mall full of people as compared to the relatively meager school population, she would be able to go to sleep tonight. Not that any of this deviousness showed in her facial expression as she watched BB approach.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler laZardo. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Buko

Post by Buko »

"Hey...Renee was it?", he said as he casually walked over to her and sat down in front of her, he tried to come off as casual and even apathetic towards this whole situation, but as he sat down and looked around it was obvious that he was a bit nervous about the whole situation, "How's your arm?", he said trying to make small talk, but obviously they both knew why he was here. He was meant to be indebted to her and that was that. Perhaps he was, but mostly (and this was a strange emotion), Blood Boy felt pity for the young starlet as he was responsible for the degradation of her social life.

"Look, I'd just like to say that I'm sorry, and you can believe that or not," he paused a little bit, "I know it's not going to matter much, but I know what you're going through, imagine if you will that on top of being humiliated every day at school and being the subject of every type of gossip you can think of AND people not even acknowledging your name...but I know that no amount of apologizing will make up for what I did to you.", he paused again, "It was unintentional though. I promise, seriously I think you'll bounce back I mean you're pretty, talented, and smart...", he felt like he was kissing up to her and visually winced.

"I'm not here to turn into some sort of freakish admirer though or anything of the sort, I'm just here to say that I'm sorry.", he sighed before reaching into his pocket and putting the fifty dollar bill on the table, "I know it isn't much, but really it's all I have, by yourself something nice or something..." the whole thing let meager and unimportant, his apology. Everything.

"Is there anything else I can do for you?"
"My man got too familiar and I’d ended up having to whoop his ass, man, you know. Because he would step across the line. Habitually. He’s a habitual line stepper.” -Charlie Murphy
[+] Ace of Hearts
V8 Relationship Thread

Slidin'
laZardo†

Post by laZardo† »

"Hey...Renee was it?"

The sheer apathy of Blood Boy's voice as he approached her table was enough to get Renee tense. Having Blood Boy only an arm's reach in front of her was plenty enough to start her trembling, despite the irony. She knew he'd gotten a lot more popular over the course of the last few days, especially seeing as how his MySpace "Friends" list grew to rival her own. The way that mask just seemed to smile constantly at her was purely condescending.

"How's your arm?" he began.
How's your face, you freak? I know you're beaming behind that cheap Halloween mask...but even that smile's gonna disappear before you know it.

"It's...it's healing...doctor said if I don't exert it too much I can have it out of the cast before the senior trip," she replied timidly. "I'm sorry I assaulted you like that...I've...just been through a lot." That she could also say with the experience to back that up...even though she was actually saying that as an act.

"Look, I'd just like to say that I'm sorry, and you can believe that or not...I know it's not going to matter much, but I know what you're going through, imagine if you will that on top of being humiliated every day at school and being the subject of every type of gossip you can think of AND people not even acknowledging your name...but I know that no amount of apologizing will make up for what I did to you."
That I can agree with.

She let him drone on and on for a bit longer before he suddenly put $50 on the table. It was a sad, crumpled little paper, but it was still recognizable enough to be legal tender. She looked at it with some incredulity before looking back up at BB. Those black plastic eyes seemed like vortexes as she looked into them with tearful emeralds of her own.

"Look, I don't want your money, okay?" She had plenty enough as it was, and could easily withdraw hundreds from the nearby ATM if she wanted to, not counting her credit cards. That said, she really truly didn't want his money at all, as she slid the bill back across the table with her free hand. "Let's just...leave it here...let bygones be bygones. It'd be best...if I'm not seen near you for a while though...don't want people getting ideas..." She looked around at the crowd inside the shop. Few people seemed to be noticing, let alone gawking at the sight of a kid in a smiley-face mask talking with a fallen starlet.

I don't want your money. I just want your head on a goddamn stick.

"Is there anything else I can do for you?"
"Not really. Oh...that reminds me, I gotta text my mom. She's supposed to be...on her way down from L.A...and she's gonna have a fit if she doesn't know where I am when she gets home." She looked away from BB and dug into her pocket, pulling out her cellphone and activating the messaging functions. But rather than notifying her mom, she'd dialled in Boxer's number onto the text field.

NOW, she texted before sending it. It seemed like only seconds after "Message Sent" appeared on the color LCD display that a titan suddenly came out of the ZIP next door. It wasn't exactly hard to notice the 7-footer leaving the store and proceeding back into the coffee shop. Especially when he then walked up to the table where the two were sitting, behind Blood Boy. Were it not for the light din of the coffee shop and mall ambience, they might have also heard a light version of the rumbling that normally preceded a Godzilla attack.

The next thing Boxer Carvalho did was make to grab BB by the collar with a hand that could probably crush the little kid's skull like a cheap tomato, looking down upon the freak with anger written all over his face. He had his left leg in front of the other, in a linebacker's defensive stance that he'd grown accustomed to. Reneé looked up with half-real shock, not having seen Boxer that pissed before. She scooted her seat back, not wanting to get in the way of this rampaging behemoth.
Buko

Post by Buko »

Blood Boy smiled as he saw how well Renee was taking this entire thing, though perhaps it had something to do with the fact that any publicity was good publicity, whatever the young girl's logic though Blood Boy was happy that things where going to go fine; even more so that he got to keep his money. He noted that she was talking to her mother and it was a direct indication that she was going to stay longer, Blood Boy resisted the urge to let his glee become apparent, really sitting and talking in coffee shop made things so very nostalgic. Probably even more so because Haya was also a red head, who knew though that he had a soft spot for them.

It was the door swinging open that awoke his empty gaze at Renee through the darkness of his lenses and as he turned he noted that he turned just in time as he immediately shot up and retreated backwards two or three steps to avoid Boxer's attempt to grab him and then he stared at the behemoth quickly shifting himself with his arms ready to reverse any punch attempted at him, his legs shoulder width a part to provide a good foundation for balance, all the while he stared mostly at the behemoth's crotch and throat...those would be the only viable targets if things got into striking.

"What's your problem?!", he shouted at his gargantuan assailant.
[+] Ace of Hearts
V8 Relationship Thread

Slidin'
laZardo†

Post by laZardo† »

Boxer wasn't unable to grab the kid so quickly, and recoiled his arm before withdrawing a couple steps. It was surprising how a standard-mall-size coffee shop had just enough room for someone as big as Boxer was to maneuver. He then re-raised his arm to point at the kid in a smiley mask who had just eluded his grasp, his face cringing. Renee flinched, thinking for a split second that the titan was pointing at her before scooting back a few more inches in her seat. She wasn't about to run, in fact she wanted to see what the giant would do to BB.

"My problem is I heard you hurt Miss Valenti here. It's not nice to hurt a lady," Boxer replied in a deep voice that was vaguely Gump-ish were it not for his Honduran accent. He cracked his knuckles again, getting ready to strike. He quickly tensed himself, looking ready to grapple the kid to the ground with that stance. Grappling, of course, putting it mildly as this was a linebacker known for creating cracks in state champion defensive lines. The gargantua even appeared to snort in an equine manner. A few other customers seemed to slip away, fearing that Boxer might turn green and rip off his letterman jacket.

With slow, quasi-calculated steps, Boxer started to advance slowly toward his target, keeping himself focused on the smiley mask. It wasn't hard to do seeing that the mask wasn't so inconspicuous. He didn't bow down quite yet for the grab (the kid was probably only 1/3 of his height/weight/BMI!), just in case BB would go for the neck/head with the first strike. That would leave a low-blow, to which Boxer would expect from someone that size.

((Oh, and who the fuck is Haya?? o_O))
Buko

Post by Buko »

OoC- Haya is Blood Boy's ex-girlfriend. Also, sorry for the length.

"Look, maybe you're just using outdated information, but I apologized to Renee, we're cool now. I promise. Just calm down Boxer, there is no need to get arrested just because of a squabble, you heard what happened to Kara's clique back at the Bowling Alley. C'mon, let's not mess up both of our lives just because of a misunderstanding.", Blood Boy tried to reason with the giant, he wasn't scared strangely, but overwhelmed with a sense of tension as he stared from Boxer to Renee repeatedly.

Did she try to set me up?

The hairs on his back prickled up even more as the mere thought of this information took a toll on his nervous system, either way Blood Boy wasn't here to fight, he didn't plan to. Getting into squabbles that he couldn't win was not something he liked to do, of course he wouldn't just take a beating, but his reputation as someone promoting violence was already far too much and as he stared at Boxer, waiting for a move as the air around them began to get as heavy as the young man who was now ruining the tranquility of the Coffee Shop.

"Let's just talk this out Boxer."
[+] Ace of Hearts
V8 Relationship Thread

Slidin'
laZardo†

Post by laZardo† »

"Let's just talk this out Boxer," the freak seemed to beg. The pleading, of course, seemed to bounce right off the linebacker's skull like a quarterback on full charge.

"After what you did, words won't solve anything. Now get outside," Boxer bellowed, sticking out his thumb and raising his arm to point it behind him, like he damn well meant it, "Time to make things right for her." The titan backed off a bit but still kept his glance on BB's mask just in case the freak would try to run away through a back entrance, in which case he'd have to drag the boy outside himself. Boxer could run to save his life, and his football skills meant that he could dodge quite a bit (though the close confines of the mall meant there would inevitably be a few crashes.)

"Come on."

Reneé simply stared up at Boxer, trying to scoot away slowly and get to a safe vantage point. She didn't want to say anything that his simple mind might cause his mouth to admit that it was a set up, instead she tried to put on a scared face, sometimes taking quick glances at BB. She was counting on Boxer to make short work of the little freak.

Little freak...

An image briefly flashed into her mind that caused her to shake her head and re-orient herself back to the matter at hand.
Buko

Post by Buko »

"Boxer," Blood Boy began calmly as he found himself approaching the titan calmly, getting close and removing his guard almost completely, he was tempted to lift up his face so Boxer would see his smile: unfortunately he would have to rely on his voice to convey this calmness and he approached Boxer slowly before taking out his hands an reaching up to the bigger boys shoulders, Almost at his tippie toes Blood Boy shook his head, "Consider who you're talking to and why the situation happened in the first place: the baseball team trapped me in the Renee's locker, logically they must've had something against Renee to do such a thing, please calm down."

He turned his whole body to look towards Renee, if his face was visible it would've been to say 'Help me out here', but instead it was merely a second of looking at her and as Blood Boy sharply turned back to Boxer he found his knee raised as he used the speed of the turn to gain torque, putting most of his balance upon Boxer allowing him to fully utilizing his momentum in a deadly rising knee that would go for Boxer's testicles: when it connected (and there was no reason it shouldn't due to the quickened and surprising nature of the blow) it would send the titan on to the floor in a great display of power from Blood Boy.

"So really there isn't a need to get self righteous about an issue that has already been solved.", Blood Boy would say loudly and clearly after the blow landed.
[+] Ace of Hearts
V8 Relationship Thread

Slidin'
laZardo†

Post by laZardo† »

Boxer had a fairly good rep with the baseball team, though as per jock "rules" he also treated them as sporting rivals. Still, he wasn't apt for blaming the baseballers for other students' troubles (and most certainly not his own teammates) considering that he firmly believed it was a disgraced ex-baseball team member who popped one right out of the park and into his SUV window. There was still a lot of hell to pay for that one, but he didn't have much time to contemplate that as he suddenly found BB's knee thrust straight up into his crotch region. His eyes almost bugged out from the immediate impact, which definitely put him off balance.

The blow brought the titan to the floor somewhat, although it caused him to actually stumble forward into a sort of stoop. As BB very likely could not reach his head/neck area without using a stool, Boxer actually was expecting that to happen despite the fact that his face went red and cringed from the sudden blood rush and subsequent pain. The colossus' mind wasn't capable of much other than mostly-black-and-white rationale when he wasn't suddenly aggravted like this, and it certainly wasn't going to be capable of much more than violence now.

"Gah-! Sonofabitch!" Boxer groaned, quickly grasping one hand around the attacked merchandise and looking down. As soon as he could squint enough to see, he looked up at BB. Given the height difference, he was probably already staring straight into the freak's dark lenses. He wouldn't be able to stare down at BB for a while, because standing back up was going to take too much effort. Instead, Boxer decided to use what effort he could to knocking BB down lower than his current "impaired" stature. There was quite enough room in this section of the coffee shop for what he was about to do.

He hooked his left arm and pulled it back as if he were about to punch someone, and planted his back foot on the toes in an almost sprinter fashion. But rather than actually go for a punch, he bowed down a bit before lunging forward and slightly to the right, with his arm partially extended to get BB in a wide sweep at waist level. Boxer's arm was also partially hooked in order to prevent the freak from going straight for the elbow. He also noticed there was a wall in front of him, so he could stop himself if he missed.

Reneé, in the meantime, was starting to get scared. The glance BB gave to her translated to something along the lines of knowledge of her little plot. Still, it was some reassurance that Boxer hadn't been completely toppled with one blow, and that he was actually able to strike back. Hopefully.
Buko

Post by Buko »

Blood Boy was a good fighter for several reasons, none of these being particularly good training or a good physique. He made good with what he had, but he still had the limitations of what his body provided, but really one would count him out in most situation (especially one against the monstrous Boxer) and this usually proved to be their downfall, Blood Boy's greatest strength was that he had a good head on his shoulders. Perhaps due to the weakness of his own frame he had become exceptionally good at pointing out the weakness of others, pointing out others frailties usually came with being frail and while Boxer had the edge physically...well he would soon learn that there was indeed more to fighting than just untrained brawn.

The first thing Blood Boy picked up on was Boxer's lowered stance, the stance pretty much was the typical "tackling" stance and it placed Boxer's head at slightly below Blood Boy's own, this stance was really a smart move on Boxer's part as it allowed him to sort of spring board his leg into a powerful takedown and once he removed Blood Boy's movement would be able to pin him onto the ground quite easily. Of course, Blood Boy normally would've simply moved out of the way, but Boxer also had an edge when it came to the fact that this was close quarters combat and that made taking blows a certainty.

Unfortunately Boxer's takedown had one small opening and that was that Boxer had failed to lower his head and while it did connect instead of taking Blood Boy down, it simply shoved him against the wall behind them, due to the proximity of Boxer's head and the closeness to his right -due to Boxer attacking from the side- Blood Boy simply wrapped his right arm around Boxer's neck and grabbed his right wrist with his left hand, using most of his strength to constrict the boys neck in an attempt to do a Guillotine Choke, due to most of the reasons why Blood Boy couldn't dodge Boxer's takedown Boxer most likely would have to take the hit for the same reason. Now a trained fighter would know to keep this hold away from Boxer's wind-pipe and give Boxer time to tap out, Blood Boy however had a flaw in the fact that he wasn't formally trained and thusly his choke happened to be located just above the boys windpipe.

This is usually done to give your opponent time to tap out and of course not knock them out (as submission is usually preferred), but as Blood Boy tightened his grip the threat of Boxer's windpipe being constricted and Boxer being knocked out increased. The true beauty of this move however was that if Boxer struggled and wasted more energy the knock out would come quicker (mostly due to the hyperventilating and the speed of the heart beating trying to account for the loss of air and energy, which due to his size he needed a lot of).

It's a pity that people don't have the sense to talk things out...really, you'd think they where smarter than that.
[+] Ace of Hearts
V8 Relationship Thread

Slidin'
laZardo†

Post by laZardo† »

Boxer wasn't quite smarter than a rational person, and that wasn't helped by the fact that he was currently in a rage as well.

Perhaps it was to Boxer's benefit (per se) that he hadn't lowered his head as he charged, otherwise he might have rammed straight into the wall and really hurt himself rather than get a face and stinging nose full of it. He also had relatively full use of his arms as both of BB's ended up wrapped around his neck, allowing himself to at least catch himself on the wall and soften the impact. Not that he wasn't in quite a predicament right now, with BB definitely looking to snap Boxer's neck in front of all these people. The constricted flow of air to his lungs was causing him to lose energy fast in his enraged state, and the lack of safety gear meant that injuries would affect him almost as much as a lesser-built human being.

Reneé ducked behind a table as a security guard arrived at the window to see a struggle brewing. The guard armed his mace but seemed reluctant to throw down against the two as he made his way toward the door.

Boxer took a step back from the wall, allowing him to wrap both arms around what he figured was the arch of BB's back in a drastically tight bear hug. Then in a rather brash show of force, Boxer jerked his left shoulder forward and pulled his right one back in a mighty half-spin. With Boxer as dazed and enraged as he was, that sort of spin would throw him off balance and to the floor in one terrifying thud hopefully with Boxer on top (though it clearly didn't matter to him if a table got in his way). In the chance that Boxer fell facing up or to the side, he would still have his arms to do some proper mauling. There was also a chance that BB's hands would slide to just the right position and actually break Boxer's neck when they hit the ground, but in the event of that, Boxer wouldn't have to worry about his next move...not that dead men can.
Buko

Post by Buko »

Boxer's plan worked remarkably well and Blood found himself being squished against the larger boys frame, though for Boxer it had the negative effect of simply tightening the choke, anyways the next couple of seconds seemed to go by in slow motion as Blood Boy was stuck on the back of the gargantuan (the spin had brought him there apparently and soon found himself being slammed into the table both the force of the fall and the table itself allowing a large crack to be heard. The bruising of the back. The bruising of the ribcage.

The RNC was still in place and Blood Boy decided to wrap his legs around Boxer's waist, breathing in heavily and grunting to suppress the pain. Going on pure adrenaline Blood used Boxer's own head to peel his mask slightly back, revealing only the lower half of his mouth and then brought his mouth down to Boxer's ear and bit at it with all of his strength. The blood dripping down his chin. The bits of ear entering his mouth. The screams of Boxer, all of it playing in his mind as he let go of both his choke and bite, breathing heavily with the gargantuan on him.

As he spat out the piece of flesh, Blood Boy visibly sighed, no matter what Boxer did to him...Blood Boy would have to call this match a draw.

OoC- Permission granted from Laz.
[+] Ace of Hearts
V8 Relationship Thread

Slidin'
laZardo†

Post by laZardo† »

Boxer pried his arms out from under the masked freak in recoil from having a nice slice of his ear bitten off and grabbed his ear with one, roaring in an almost leonine fashion. BB had taken off the proverbial gloves, so now it was time for Boxer to finish this. He took his free hand and clutched BB's throat, the fingertips wrapping around most of the skin, clamping tight.

Reneé watched Boxer try choking BB, and the image that had briefly appeared in her mind had appeared again. This time it was clearer...and darker, causing her eyes to widen and her breathing to grow more tense. Not that her facial expression was that much different from that of the other customers in the store. But before her in real life was a really strong, angry kid beating down on a little freak in a brightly-lit coffee shop....while in her mind she pictured a really strong, angry kid she used to know trying to kill a little freak in a dark sewer. Such an image scared her even more than the thought of Boxer hurting her...and finally warranted her intervention.

"Boxer! Enough!" Reneé suddenly screamed as she got out from behind the table she was hiding behind, and went over to Boxer.

The security guard had also entered the store with another guard, and moved desperately to wrangle the raging and injured colossus off of BB. Both of them had to team up just to pry him off of a kid who was probably only a third of his size, and even then it also took two more security guards to drag him out of the café while Reneé stayed behind to tend to BB. She knelt by his side, but didn't dare to peel off the mask to see what lay underneath it. Yet.

"Are you all right?! What did he do to you!?" Reneé asked worriedly. All she wanted was BB roughed up just a bit, and not murdered in cold blood. She probably didn't know that Boxer had that much rage to dispense after what had happened to him over the past few weeks.

Return to “Highland Hills Shopping Mall”