Easy like Sunday Morning

Featuring an NHL regulation-size ice arena, an antique carousel, a fabulous 1,000 seat food court and over 100 great stores, Highland Hills Shopping Mall is the heart and soul of Highland Beach.
Buko

Easy like Sunday Morning

Post by Buko »

((Continued from It's Ladies Night, and the Feeling's Right...))

"Looks like it's breakfast for one today."

A weary Paul Smith walked into the restaurant at the mall with a look of defeat on his face. The one eyed student stared at the abandoned restaurant and noticed that only one waitress had come to work this early on a Sunday morning, he froze a bit and noticed that the cigarette had fallen out of his mouth from having his mouth suddenly drop.

"Serenity?"

The name itself brought about a bunch of memories about Melanie, she and Serenity had been on the cheerleading team together and unfortunately (at the time) Paul ended up going on double dates with almost every cheerleader and their boyfriends, Serenity was one of the only girls he tolerated during these forced escapades his ex-girlfriend put him through. Of course, Serenity also served as a gossiping partner (or at least Paul thought so, Kara probably did it more than Serenity) and he was pretty sure that Melanie had told them enough about him being a bad boyfriend to last a lifetime.

Quick as a blink though, Paul had lit up another cigarette and brought it up to his mouth, all the while stomping out the other one in an attempt to shrug off his unabashed gaze from before.

"Man, it's been awhile hasn't it? Ever since Melanie...well came out.", he bit his tongue, having been the last straw that shoves a girl to lesbianism was something that did quite a number on your self esteem.

"Well, yeah, it's been awhile since we last spoke, how're you?"
"My man got too familiar and I’d ended up having to whoop his ass, man, you know. Because he would step across the line. Habitually. He’s a habitual line stepper.” -Charlie Murphy
[+] Ace of Hearts
V8 Relationship Thread

Slidin'
Lookin' for the opps, they been hidin'
I grew up 'round drugs, sex, and violence
We turnt off they street, we heard sirens
Since a juvenile, I been wylin'
Mitsuko2†

Post by Mitsuko2† »

((Continued from The Mind of Angelic Ones))

Serenity turned swiftly at the sound of her name being called. She looked to the source only to see a very familiar face. Paul Smith. She didn't associate with him often, but when she did, it was usually fun. She felt sort of bad for what happened to him the year before, when last year's head cheerleader came out of the closet while dating him. She smiled at him and walked over.

"Hey Paul! It has been quite a while, huh? Can I get you anything?" She asked sweetly.

"I've been good. So far at least, hee hee. I'm just kind of tired lately y'know..." She let herself trail off. She felt her face form a scowl, but quickly replaced it with a bright smile.

"How've you been?
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Mitsuko2. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Buko

Post by Buko »

"Breathing," Paul said with a small smile, inhaling and letting the smoke come out of his lips as his one amber eye looked Serenity in the eyes, Paul didn't really have one on one conversations with anyone so surprisingly with the morning air and the restaurant to themselves (he guessed that Serenity had been the one to open it) he felt a strange sense of awkwardness overwhelm him as he sat down at a two person table.

"What you could get me however is two cups of coffee and some morning conversation.", he paused, "I mean eating out by yourself is pretty lame, so in exchange for me having a meal with a beautiful young lass-well you get a free meal.", he somehow managed to smile with a cigarette in his mouth, which was either a testament to his skill as a smoker or his ability to defy physics.

He'd of course go with the one that allowed him to defy scientific laws rather than killing himself slowly.
"My man got too familiar and I’d ended up having to whoop his ass, man, you know. Because he would step across the line. Habitually. He’s a habitual line stepper.” -Charlie Murphy
[+] Ace of Hearts
V8 Relationship Thread

Slidin'
Mitsuko2†

Post by Mitsuko2† »

Serenity smiled at his comment and walked over to the coffe machine. She grabbed two mugs and pored some fresh coffee into each. She mixed some milk into her own and Paul's, then set the mugs onto their table. Se ripped open a packet of sugar for herself, and sat, stirring her coffee slowly.

"Morning conversation, huh? What'd you have in mind? I'm usually here alone in the mornings, so it could be fun." She laughed.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Mitsuko2. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Buko

Post by Buko »

What stuff do I have in mind?

He stared at her hips swaying as she went and got him the coffee and as she came back he noted how her stockings fitted her legs and sculpted them perfectly, her black skirt cupping and making her bottom rise, her sweater accentuating each and every curve.

Well I know you want a tip, but what I want? I'm not sure I even know what I DON'T want at this point.

As she sat down, Paul instinctively found himself placing his hand upon her own, perhaps it was a bit out of line, but it felt as if it bridged the small distance the table kept between them and as he played with her palm and fingers for a few seconds with his own fingers, he put the cigarette out in the ash-tray and smiled at her wildly.

"Do you think it's appropriate for a girl to ask Paul Smith of all people a question like that?", he winked at her and kissed the air. His smile returning to him as took a sip out of his coffee, before smiling at her again, "Though I suppose if you're up for anything, I'm not going to refuse you.", he laughed a little bit. He shook his head a bit, and lifted his gaze up from the table.

"You really want that tip, don't you?"
[+] Ace of Hearts
V8 Relationship Thread

Slidin'
Mitsuko2†

Post by Mitsuko2† »

Paul placed his hand onto hers and she looked at him in question. His comments made her chckle and she pulled her hand out of his abruptly. She pouted at him and leaned forward on the table seductively, her face inches from his. She whispered softly, so he'd have to lean in to hear her.

"Well... it all depends on the guy.... some give better tips when they... enjoy... the equipment." She pulled away and took a swig of her coffee.

"That's just the way it goes."
Buko

Post by Buko »

She is playing a dangerous game.

Though, Paul Smith was fine playing it as he scooted his chair around the table and next to Serenity's, his face turned to hers as he put his right hand on her shoulder and stared at her a bit more, all the while taking his left hand and massaging the nametag, ignoring it's surrounding area, not even touching the surrounding area. This was important, any innocent interpretations to the whole breakfast, as he moved his hand back in forth on the name-tag as if he was a four year old boy reading a book. Except in this case the book was a name-tag located upon a woman's left breast.

"A fitting name for such an angelic person, eh?", he smirked at her before raising his left hand from the name-tag in question and playing with her hair, all the while moving his right hand unto Serenity's knee. His face neared in, as if wanting to go in for the kiss, but he inched away, now they where close, but the only physical contact between them was Paul rubbing her hair back and the hand on the knee. The chair serving as a barrier between them.
[+] Ace of Hearts
V8 Relationship Thread

Slidin'
Mitsuko2†

Post by Mitsuko2† »

Serenity leaned into his touch sligtly, if only to feel connected to him. She didn't kniw if this was going to far. He said she was angelic. Most people believed that. Most people believe what the want to believe.

"How do you know what i'm like?" She asked him seriously. She looked him in the eyes and knew she was no longer smiling. She was frowning. A frown that, this time, she couldn't push away.

"You don't know me."
Buko

Post by Buko »

"Nope, I suppose I don't know you," he said honestly, "I only know the Serenity I see, I don't know the Serenity at school, the only thing I can base you on is the Serenity that talks to me. The Serenity who played jokes on Melanie with me, the fun loving Serenity that is willing to sit down and talk to the highschool flunkie in the middle of a Sunday morning," he paused, "I may not know who you are, but I'd love to find out what the person behind those traits is thinking, maybe you can find out a bit about me too..."

He looked downward at her for awhile.

"It's not as easy to be the fun loving comic relief as some people expect. I'm a smart guy, but people don't like smart guys, people like the guys who run across the football field with their asses hanging out and their junk flopping everywhere.", he sighed, "Or maybe they don't and I'm being played the entire time. The point is that while I may not know all about you, I know enough to be willing to make an effort to know the rest of you."

He leaned forward and lightly kissed her on the lips before going back.

"Sometimes you really have to rely upon the kindness of strangers."
[+] Ace of Hearts
V8 Relationship Thread

Slidin'
Buko

Post by Buko »

OoC- Mitsuko has given me permission to use Serenity in this way...

BiC- Serenity took the kiss, responding too it not out of a want to, but rather as an act of habit. She had never been kissed like that before, a sense of sincerity and wanting was conveyed in an action that had become all to regular in recent years. Kissing was nothing. It shouldn't be anything but a brief physical encounter that you where obligated to give whomever you where going out with at the moment, she was flustered that Paul Smith would be so bold and so emotional and concerned about her problems. It seemed very out of character for Paul Smith and as she once again found her eyes staring at his single amber globe she felt tingly inside as her cheeks turned hot -a mixture of the few tears and the confusion that had occured moments before-.

"The coffee is on me...", she said through a false smile.

"Look, Serenity I'm sorry if that was far too forward," but she raised her hand and once again got up and rubbed his cheek lightly before kissing his forehead lightly, Paul repressed the urge to draw her forward and continue with the promiscuous affair that had been occurring.

"I think it's best that you be going now Paul...", she smiled lightly as her eyes twinkled at him. He wanted to refuse her request. He wanted to pin her down and take her then and there. It would've been spontaneous. A very Paul Smith thing to do. Of course, most people neglected one thing when they talked about Paul Smith, he had changed. No longer was he the child he was throughout his Junior year, he was instead a mature thinker and someone who could honor peoples requests.

Spontaneity was an ideal, it didn't define every action he did.

"Maybe we'll do the full thing later Serenity.", he smiled as he turned out and lit up another cigarette, Serenity stared thoughtfully out the window as she began to clear the table her and Paul had been sitting on.

That'll be the last time I ever decide to eat with a customer...

((Paul Smith continued elsewhere...))
((Serenity continued elsewhere))
[+] Ace of Hearts
V8 Relationship Thread

Slidin'

Return to “Highland Hills Shopping Mall”