Lights, Camera, Laughter!

Lunchtime laughs with Lizzie Lebowski! Open to all

The auditorium is located at the very back of the art block and is a large room where many of the dramatic performances, music recitals or concerts and school addresses are held as well as the graduation ceremony. It is a large room designed in the style of an old theater and during lunchtimes it is not uncommon to find students sitting together inside talking.
Slam

Lights, Camera, Laughter!

Post by Slam »

"Good afternoon, George Hunger High! Welcome to Lizzie Lebowski's Laughtime Riots!"

A lot of students may have found the idea of standing up on stage during their lunch break and performing a comedy routine to a mostly empty audience a bit bizarre. Good, that's what Lizzie wanted.

There was not very much she enjoyed in the world more than making people laugh. Ideally it was laughing with her, the jokes she'd been working on landing and getting her a round of applause, but she was a big girl, she could take people laughing at her every now and then. Loony Lizzie wasn't her favourite nickname, harkening back to her younger years where everyone had just been picking on her and she was a bit too soft to deal with it, but she preferred it sharply to being called just plain Bitch.

"So how's everyone doing today? Cafeteria too crowded so you thought you'd hang out in here instead? Or were you just looking for a bit of quiet to do that last minute homework?" she gave the non-existant crowd a cheeky grin, wondering if anyone really had come there to do that. "Hey it's no big deal, I'm supposed to be doing homework right now. But I'm not at home, so I can't do it, right? It's no big deal though, only half my grade."

Pause for laughs, if there were any. What few students were there either were not in the mood for a gag, or were just trying to ignore her. If any were paying much attention, she hadn't noticed yet. Hey, at least no-one had told her to shut up yet.

"So I hear Prom's coming up! Any one been lucky enough to been asked? Anyone desperate enough to ask me? I'd go with my cousin, but I'm not quite up to his standards."
My V8 Relationship Thread!
[+] Dead V7 Kids
B035: LUCAS BRADY - Had Enough - 1 - 2 - 3- 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9
G002: ELISABETH "LIZZIE" LEBOWSKI - "You've been a great audience." - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7
[+] Pregame Shenanigans
Lucas Brady - Facebook!Lucas - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6
Elisabeth "Lizzie" Lebowski - "My parents told me to make a good signature, so I signed a note promising I would do it later." - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

((Desiree Beck continued from We're Milling Through The Grinder, Grinding Through The Mill))

Oh, my God.

Desiree dropped her spoon in the Tupperware bowl full of uneaten fish dumpling soup leftovers her mother made the night before. She liked eating in the auditorium most days; it was usually just one or two other loners and a random couple making out in here, so she could eat her food without running the risk of someone throwing mashed potatoes on her like one of the cheerleaders did to someone in the cafeteria last week. Desiree just wanted some peace and quiet from this noisy school for twenty goddamn minutes.

So here she was in the second row from the front, a captive audience for fucking Elisabeth. She didn't even have her earphones on her so she could just block her out with Tracee Bluebell's new EP. Looked like she'd have to finish her lunch in the girls bathroom. It was middle school all over again.

The incest joke was enough for Desiree; she couldn't take it anymore. She covered the Tupperware and shoved it and the quarter-empty water bottle into her lunch box and threw it on top of the textbooks and folder she brought with her. She stood up and bent over to pick up her things. Maybe if she was quick enough she could escape without the clown noticing.
Slam

Post by Slam »

But the clown did notice. It was hard not to with a crowd that small, and she wasn’t about to let Desiree slip out without a comment.

“Hey now friend, where you going? You’re not going to find another comedy show in the middle of your school say somewhere else, I’m afraid.”

She grinned again, but the idea that Desiree just didn’t want to get involved had not escaped Lizzie in the slightest. That was cool, she wasn’t trying to force her humour on anyone: that’s why she’d picked a public place in the middle of a day with other people around to practice it. She did not look happy though, and that was something Lizzie could not just let slide by.

“Seriously though, you alright? You look like I did when I was reminded I had to study for a math test by the paper landing in front of me.”
[+] Dead V7 Kids
G002: ELISABETH "LIZZIE" LEBOWSKI - "You've been a great audience." - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7
[+] Pregame Shenanigans
Elisabeth "Lizzie" Lebowski - "My parents told me to make a good signature, so I signed a note promising I would do it later." - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4
Ryuki

Post by Ryuki »

Yuki entered the auditorium quietly and saw a lone girl in the center of the stage. She closed the door as quietly as possible as not to startle her. Yuki wasn't looking for any trouble and was just looking to get in and get out at a quick pace.

Earlier, Yuki was meeting her sister Yuka for lunch when Yuka realized she had forgotten her make up kit in the auditorium's backstage. Yuki offered to retrieve it while Yuka got in line for lunch. In exchange, Yuka would hold onto the lunch Yuki brought from home.

As Yuki walked towards the front of the stage, she noticed that the girl was talking to what looked like a non-existent crowd. Upon closer inspection, she saw another girl getting up from the second row from the front. Desiree Beck was another student as far as Yuki knew excelled in math as much as she did. Other than that, she didn't know much about her. As Yuki was about to quietly walk up the stage, she stopped before the steps and wondered if she was actually allowed to go backstage even if she wasn't a drama club member. Where was the door that led to the backstage anyway.

"Er, excuse me," Yuki sheepishly asked the girl on stage, "Can you point me to the backstage entrance?"
[+] V7
Mains
Image B018: Ned Jackson- That’s All Folks
Image G039: Yuki Hayashibara- Family is Forever
Image B034: Zachary Beck- Guess I’ll Die
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

Oh God. Just go. Go. Go. Go. Don't look back. Don't make eye contact.

Desiree power walked down the row of chairs and the subsequent aisle, doing her best to deflect the barrage of merry jests by just getting the fuck out of there as soon as possible.

She flopped a limp wave of her hand to at least acknowledge Lizzie and quickly made her way to the beacon of the exit doors, accidentally ramming into Yuki's shoulder during her warpath with no time to apologize. She pushed through the doors, stepped through, and breathed when she was safely on the other side and all eyes were not on her anymore.

Whew.

((Desiree Beck continued in The Good in Everyone))
Slam

Post by Slam »

“Oh, ok. Bye, I guess.”

Lizzie was so busy staring after Desiree, questioning in her head whether she’d done something to upset her or if she was just having a bad day, that she almost didn’t notice Yuki.

“Oh, sorry. Backstage? You can just get to it through the back of the stage.”

She pointed in the direction.

“It’s pretty self explanatory, when you think about it. Hey, you ever wonder why they don’t put dressing rooms in the front of the stage? Frontstage, they’d call it. Sidestage too, why not one of those?”

She was trying to keep the energy going, but Desiree had knocked her out of her rhythm, and it was showing in her delivery. Not something she would lead with, better change topics and fast.

“You looking for the drama club, or something? Cause I don’t think they’re back there right now. Probably off being more dramatic somewhere else, maybe about how I stole the stage from them. Well, I'll give it back in the same condition, honest."

Her conversation was swapping between Yuki and speaking to the wider crowd. She just needed one laugh to get her flow going again, then she'd be alright.
[+] Dead V7 Kids
[+] Pregame Shenanigans
Ryuki

Post by Ryuki »

"Y-yeah, I guess, thanks," Yuki said, slightly embarrassed.

She climbed up the stairs to the stage, and made her way in the direction the girl was pointing towards. As Yuki made her way to the door leading to the backstage, the girl continued to talk, wondering if Yuki was looking for the drama club.

"Well, no," Yuki explained, "but my sister is a member though. I'm just fetching something for her."

Looking at the girl, Yuki noticed that the girl seemed as if she was talking to an imaginary audience. Yuki stifled a giggle at the peculiar sight.
[+] V7
Mains
Slam

Post by Slam »

Lizzie pounced on Yuki’s giggle like a bee on toffee. Her laugh, stifled or not, was all the positive response Lizzie needed to keep on going.

“Heh, sisters, am I right? Always wanting favours, and for what? So they can pull your hair and tell everyone about that crush you totally didn’t have on Robbie Geromie. Course when you realised you were into a guy whose name was Robbie Geromie, you had to stop and question your tastes.”

She smiled at Yuki some more, waggling her eyebrows to indicate that, yes, that was a joke. Being an only child, she naturally had no idea what having a sibling was really like, but that didn’t mean she couldn’t pull a crack out of thin air and try to relate. Try was the key word though, she knew a dud when she said it.

“But hey, he was cute and didn’t make fun of you when you farted in the middle of class that time in eighth grade. If that’s not boyfriend material, I don’t know what is.”

She lightly chuckled at herself, trailing her riff to a close. She was still smiling, but she knew that her improv needed a lot of work. It was weird, she didn’t normally feel stuck for ideas like this, but today the jokes had just felt more than a little bit forced. It wasn't the first time that week she'd felt stuck for ideas, either. What was driving it?

Looking straight at Yuki, she dropped her stage face, returning to a friendly but more neutral expression, and walked up to her to talk just a little bit softer. “Hey, can I ask? Did that land? I mean was it funny, in your opinion.”
[+] Dead V7 Kids
[+] Pregame Shenanigans
Ryuki

Post by Ryuki »

As was she still practicing her stand up, Yuki opened the backstage door a crack. The light switch was to the right of the door, so it didn't take long for fluorescent lights to brighten the room. She noticed a bright pink case in front of one of the mirrors, likely where actors in the school plays apply make up. Definitely Yuka's, no doubt about.

Yuki noticed that there was a bit of a pause in the girl's stand up. She turned around and noticed the girl walking up to her. The girl asked if her joke about boyfriends landed.

"Oh, I guess," Yuki said, "To be honest, I might have been a bit preoccupied while you were talking."

Yuki pointed to the bright pink case.

"I was looking for that," Yuki said as she turned back to the girl, "Sorry if I'm being rude."
[+] V7
Mains
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

((Violet Quinn continued from Such Poolishness))

Violet had entered the auditorium to get away from the noise and crowds of two many students and she had a notebook and a pen on hand. She had wanted to have some alone time to focus on coming up with some song lyrics and she knew that she should have gone to a music rooms. But she enjoyed being in the auditorium because she found it inspired her more with its surroundings.

She then noticed the two girls on stage, talking to each other about what seemed to be comedy. Violet was not the biggest fan of comedy but it was really rare if someone was able to make her laugh. It looked like one of the girls wanted an opinion about a joke that she just missed. Was it stand-up comedy? Violet knew that with stand-up comedy.... It was either a hit or a miss with people because everyone had different types of humours that they liked. Slapstick, self-deprecating, surreal, improvisational, wit-wordplay, topical, observational, bodily and dark are the ones that she knew about because of her father being a huge comedy fan.

Violet was still standing by the entrance and then she quietly tried to find herself a seat without disturbing the other two girls. She didn't want to interrupt them unless they wanted to talk to her and she mostly wanted to focus on the words of a song that she wanted to write down before it was gone from her mind.
[+] V7
ImageG006 - Violet Quinn: "T-Thank you.... Ned...."
ImageB033 - Adonis Cohen: "Thank.... T-Thank you, E-Emmett..."
ImageB045 - Emmett Bunnell: "Just.... breathe, you idiot...."(Adopted to Toxie!)
ImageB054 - Drew Woods: "D-Declyn, I love you..."
ImageB051 - Jonathan Meyers: “...that’s louder than bombs and eternity…” (Adopted from Yugikun!)
Slam

Post by Slam »

Well, Lizzie was trying to give Yuki a bit of humour so yeah, being ignored felt a little bit rude. A frustrated pout almost slipped onto her face.

No, Yuki had been there for a reason and she was sort of forcing her comedy on her, and that wasn’t cool. Don’t do things that aren’t cool to people, Lizzie.

“No it’s ok! Sorry, shouldn’t have put you on the spot to answer like that. Guess I just got caught up in the moment. Forgot not everyone wants to listen to my lame jokes all the time.”

She let out an awkward laugh with an equally awkward smile, putting herself on the backfoot. "And I guess I shouldn't be doing the same to everyone else here, right?"

“Sorry guys!” she called out to the auditorium, “if I’m being annoying, just say so!”

She turned back to Yuki, still smiling like a harmless dope.
[+] Dead V7 Kids
[+] Pregame Shenanigans
Ryuki

Post by Ryuki »

At least the girl was considerate as well. After the girl yelled her apology to the empty auditorium and turned back with an awkward smile, Yuki entered the backstage.

"Pardon me a moment," Yuki said as she walked in. She looked at the pink case and inspected the side. There written in neon permanent marker was Yuka's name. Yuki grabbed the case and made her way back out.

Yuki returned another awkward smile toward the girl.

"For the record," Yuki said, "I don't think your jokes are bad."
[+] V7
Mains
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Violet had not thought that Lizzie would call out to the auditorium and she didn't know what she was talking about. Did people not appreciate her jokes? Violet was guessing that it just depended on other people's sense of humour. Did someone leave beforehand? If they did, then it was their loss. Being a comedian was a hard job. At least she knew that from her father. She knew that she should not get involved but she found herself walking towards where Lizzie was with the other girl.

Just be honest with her, Violet.

"I don't think you're annoying, Lizzie." She said quietly and then she smiled at her, feeling a bit awkward. "I wouldn't mind listening to your jokes.... I think everyone just has different senses of humour."

I don't know if I made things more uncomfortable or not. I still want some time to do my lyrics, but I don't want this girl to feel down about things.
[+] V7
ImageG006 - Violet Quinn: "T-Thank you.... Ned...."
ImageB033 - Adonis Cohen: "Thank.... T-Thank you, E-Emmett..."
ImageB045 - Emmett Bunnell: "Just.... breathe, you idiot...."(Adopted to Toxie!)
ImageB054 - Drew Woods: "D-Declyn, I love you..."
ImageB051 - Jonathan Meyers: “...that’s louder than bombs and eternity…” (Adopted from Yugikun!)
Slam

Post by Slam »

“Aww, thanks guys! You’re both so sweet!”

Lizzie gave them both a big smile as she clasped her hands together in joy. It was just not what she needed to hear after how botched her routine had been going so far.

“How about this one? So we’re going to the capital for our class trip, right? I for one am super excited. Why settle for just sleeping through history class when you can sleep through a guided tour in The White House? Right? No I’m just kidding, I love history. My favourite thing about it is that someone’s already done all the work for me!”

She chuckled one last time, then exhaled. Improv really wasn’t her forte; something to keep working on.

“Alright I think I’m out of material. Thanks everyone, you’ve been a wonderful audience. Shame I couldn't be sitting with you instead of up here making a moron of myself.”

She gave one last smile, a small wave and mock curtsey, then turned off her stage mode and went back to conversing like a normal human being.

“So are you two going on the trip? Anything you really want to do up in DC?”
[+] Dead V7 Kids
[+] Pregame Shenanigans
Ryuki

Post by Ryuki »

"Well, I haven't really decided yet" Yuki said.

The big trip was coming up, but Yuki hesitant to take a step out of Chattanooga for a good while. She had gone on trips with her family before, but she had never gone anywhere without them or her sisters for that matter. Even if her sisters were going, it felt rather risky to anywhere without their supervision. Sure, teachers would be chaperoning, but Yuki's parents were people she had known her whole life and had everlasting trust in. Besides her sisters, she'd be surrounded by people her age, and not all of them are exactly the responsible type.

Still, it would be nice to see what life outside of Chattanooga. It'd probably give her more inspiration for her writing. Plus she can always stick with her sisters or someone in her circle of friends if she feels overwhelmed. She would probably talk to Yuko and Yuka about it.

"If I do end up going," Yuki continued, "I would like to visit any bookstores they have. And maybe take a look at any of the national monuments."
[+] V7
Mains

Return to “Auditorium”