Cold Cash and Colder Hearts (CONTENT WARNING)

Although it's called a hospital, it's really more of an island clinic. It's a relatively small building, covered in whites and pastels to give it a clean and sterile look. Even the waiting rooms and the patient rooms in the back beg for a little color. The cupboards and cabinets still contain various medications prescribed by clinic physicians. It's the opportune place to head if you're needing to tend to a few wounds -- it's also the opportune place to head if you're set on picking off the weak links.
baby_g†

Cold Cash and Colder Hearts (CONTENT WARNING)

Post by baby_g† »

((OOC... My bad, I missed it from before.))
((Continued from... The Wicked Game))

Matthew trugged along the path, half following and half leading the group to where their maps said the hospital would be. He couldn't help but feel a bit off edge with this new guy tagging along with them. Sure Anna was gone now, and though he was more than happy to leave her behind, he somewhat missed her now. Knowing Matthew, it was most likely that he missed the 'idea' of her, rather than Anna herself. Bryan though, he was something else. Matty figured, since he had heard his name on the annoucements for than once for kills, that he almost enjoyed it here. Basically, while Bryan was around, Matt would have to make sure not to do anything to piss him off, or worse yet, spook him.

"Well here we are guys." He said as the three boys neared the hospital walls. They were going to have to be careful, if they wanted to make it inside without people seeing them. All he could think about now was how he needed to chill out. It was a hospital, there'd have to be some sort of lighter/flame in there.

"Let's go."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler baby_g. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Cyco†

Post by Cyco† »

((continued from Wicked Game))

They arrived at the hospital, the trio. The girl had decided to stay behind to get her stupid ass blown up, which was really her decision, but probably not the best idea out there. Her cohorts didn't seem to mind though, not as long as she'd left them her SMG.

"Well, uh...I guess I'll see you around," he said to Matt and Rob, shifting the two packs he was now carrying over his shoulders, his and the dead boys. He didn't mention that if he did, he would probably kill them, but some things were better left unsaid.

((continued in We Survive By Friendship))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Cyco. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Ares

Post by Ares »

((continued from Wicked Game))

Rob had been thinking the entire walk to the hospital about whether he should have tried to stop Bryan from killing the lanky kid back at the industrial district. Moral decisions never were easy for him. Maybe it was meant to be that that lanky kid would die. Maybe he deserved it. There was also the possibility that Bryan killed him because Bryan was a hunter out here. Rob pushed the thoughts aside as he heard the voices. Bryan was going a different way. It was slightly relieving to Rob, but at the same time, they had lost the insurance policy of Anna's SMG, and Bryan had the shotgun.

"Well good luck with whatever you're doing dude."

As Rob finished speaking he felt a surge of pain in his head. It was one his headaches he suffered from.

"Matty, we have to get inside, I need a painkiller now."
Stuff. Things. Stuff and things.
baby_g†

Post by baby_g† »

"Dude, don't be such I woman.. like I know you're sorry and all that your lover boy Bryan over there just peaced out, but seriously man.... walk it off."

It felt nice being back to being able to make fun on Rob. When Bryan was walking with them... it just seemed odd. Like he wouldn't get it and then just dropkick them both and leave.

The hospital amused Matty. He'd been to them many times before even being in this game. He was usually an idiot when it came to getting into trouble. Let's see.... there was the time he went to a party and punched the wall, needing then to get stitches on his hand. There was the time he wanted to scare his sister, Giselle, and his mom so he jumped down the stairs only to hit his head off the landing and get 8 staples across the top of his head... he sure did scare them alright. There was that time he cut his hand in shop class and almost lost his finger. The time he took the wrong pills and had to get his stomache pumped. Basically, the list could go on for miles... now that they were standing outside the building, he finally kind of felt back home. He almost half expected Giselle to be on the other side of those doors, waiting to tell him what an idiot he's been.

There was no Giselle when he walked threw the doors of the hospital. Taking the joint in his hand, surprised that it mostly survived all this way.

"Where's the kitchen? We gotta keep moving."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler baby_g. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Ares

Post by Ares »

Rob barely heard Matty's sarcastic remark. It hurt to much to pay much attention to anything but walking. He looked up slowly, his eyes slightly glazed over. Matty was already heading in the building.

"H-hhey. Wait up man." Rob gasped.

Rob stumbled forward as if he we're Irish on St. Patty's day. As Rob came to the door where Matty was standing, he heard Matty saying they were going to the kitchen.

"No. I need a fucking aspirin or something, and I need it now. I get these headaches. Some form of post-concussion syndrome my doctors said. I need pills man. I don't know if Danya's bitches took mine out of my personal bag as a joke or what, but I need something, and I need it now damn it."
baby_g†

Post by baby_g† »

Turning back to check on his friend behind him, Matthew was taking by surprise how quickly Rob went from being 'King of the Hill' to 'sick duck' in an instant.

"Dude, you look like 3 stages of hell... smelly, deathly, and woman...ish."

He felt bad still making fun of Rob, when it was so clear that he was in pain. Being here, there would probably be something for his headache. They just needed to check out the right rooms and what not. Even if there wasn't any Advil or pain killer, there'd be atleast something to mask it for a bit. Walking over to his limp friend, Matty took Robs right arm around his shoulder and helped him down the hallway. It was the least he could do, given Rob hadn't tried to kill him yet.

"Come on man, just keep straight... no hugging me and shit..."
Ares

Post by Ares »

Rob managed to squeak out a quick, "Fuck you," before putting his down and stepping slowly forward. The two boys eventually came to what looked to be the ER.

"Dude, you go look for whatever we need. Just let me lay on one of the beds. Take my gun if you'd like, I doubt I'd be able to defend myself anyways."  

Rob went over to one of the beds and laid down face up, resting his head on the pillow.

"Find me a fucking pill, then we'll smoke that joint of yours. Heh." Rob said trying force a smile.
baby_g†

Post by baby_g† »

Matthew felt a bit odd with Rob being so open about smoking with him. He didn't really figure the lad as the type to get high. Matthew had almost considered giving up on being able to smoke it, till they said they were coming here. He helped Rob to the nearest bed in the ER hallway, one near a window. If someone came running at the building, they'd atleast see it and be able to get ready. As for the weapon, Matthew shrugged off the idea of using Robs gun. "You'll need something you tool." He smerked as he plopped his bag on the ground and grabbed his spear. It was a good idea he figured, to break it in two, seeing as there was a blade on both ends. It was kind of like doubling up, something he's always been good at.

"I'll be right back."

Leaving Rob and his bag behind, Matty and his weapon made their way down the hall till they hit the wall. It was either turn left or right. It's not like the place is very big, so finding the kitchen should be easy he assumed. Finally, he came to the door marked "Kitchen. Staff Only." and he opened the dutch doors and walked inside. There was a counter going all the way around the room, lining the walls. There was a small island in the middle of the room, where the sink was and all the cooking was done on the stove which was on the far left wall.

Walking over to one of the drawers by the stove, Matthew hoped to find something that would light a fire of sorts. He didn't need a big flame, just something that would make while. After about ten minutes of mindless searching, he finally came across a small box of matches. So excited with his treasure, Matthew ran back to the Rob and pulled up a chair next to him.

"Fucking A!"

Matthew joyously dumped the box on the end of the bed by Robs feet. To Matthews horror, most had all been used. He placed the joint loosely between his lips, at the ready in case one would light. Though there were some that weren't used, every time Matt went to light them, it'd snap right in half. Finally, on his last try, a little flame amounted. It was enough to light one end and send Matthew into a bliss. After taking a hit or two, he passed it over to Rob.

"This is better for your head ache.. trust me."
Ares

Post by Ares »

The headache had gotten to the point where Rob no longer could remember what he had said 5 minutes ago. He saw Matty come back and fiddle around with something. Finally Matty made a small cry of joy, and passed something to Rob telling him to inhale and he'll feel better.

He let Matty put the object in his mouth, as he inhaled. He inhaled a few more times, before Matty took it back. It wasn't an instant relief, but Rob could feel a sense of relaxation, as if his head was clearing coming over him.

"What was that? It seems to be working." Rob said sitting up slowly.

God, I hope he has more of whatever that is. Its working great.
baby_g†

Post by baby_g† »

"Shhh... Just shut up."

Matthew didn't even bother adding his usual "woman" to the end of this statement. He was to relaxed and lazy to bother. Sure, getting high right now wasn't the best thing to do, but in all fairness, it's not like it could have made things any worse. For the first time on the island, Matthew felt completely relaxed. He bet to himself that if he could find it in himself to have a nap, he could probably bring himself back to his favourite dreams of being at home and with his friends and sister. It was clear that this was impossible. Trying to get good memories back, while on this god forsaken island was like a politician telling the truth.

Taking one more deep toke on the drug, which was now half burnt, he passed it back over to his friend Rob. In a exhale of smoke he muttered "Keep it." and walked over to one of the other beds. Facing the wall, he let the tears slowly and quietly run down his cheeks. He just wanted to die.
Ares

Post by Ares »

The headache was slowly drifting away, as the sense of relaxation continued to come over Rob. He noticed Matty go over to the window. The quiet of the room gave Rob a chance to think about the game.

"Matt, do you realize this place, really could be where we'll die. Like, we could die on a deserted island at the hands of someone we probably know. It might even be you who kills me, and it might be me who kills you. I seriously don't believe there is any other way off this island other to be the last person with their heart still beating. Even by some far stretch of my imagination I do end up winning this thing what the hell do I have to look forward to? I'll never have a normal life. I'll know I'd witnessed and committed murder, and so will the sick fucks who watch this game. On a job application, 'Mr. Adams what makes you qualified to work for our company?'   "Well sir, I won survival of the fittest, therefore surviving your company should be a breeze, ha ha."  That is what I have to look forward to. Don't get me wrong, I will do my best to survive as long as I can, but look at me. I can't win this game with with weapon I have. I've fired this thing once, and the kick is unreal. It'll be luck on the first person I have to use it on. Even if I get good with it, I don't have a lot of spare ammo. Like god damn this shit. It ain't fucking fair that we are here. What the hell did we do to deserve this?"

Rob slowly rose off the hospital bed and wandered off down an adjacent hallway and out the back door. The whole time muttering to himself about the game.
baby_g†

Post by baby_g† »

Matthew didn't bother replying as his friend ranted on and on about the game. It was true, there was nothing to look forward to but one's own death. Why should he whine though? What did he do before all this that was really worth fighting for? All he had here was himself and his two blades. It wasn't going to get him too far, but as long as he lasted, it would sure help. He could tell himself that this is where and when he'd get real, and that from this point on, he was going to kick the shit out of everything... or he could be sitting here sobbing, saying that this is where and when he'll give up and let the game over take him.

For Matthew, this wasn't a religious quest. He wasn't here to beat the life of 'god' into anyone. He wasn't going to kill people because 'there's not other way out'. And he wasn't about the give up. In his heart, he knew his sister would expect more from him, just like she always has. He wasn't going to kill people for her, he was merely going to try and stay alive.

He was forced in this thing, so there was no point in acting like any other idiot on the island thinking that their shit doesn't stink and that they're going to win this fuck fest of a 'game'. Matty only had one thing to do now, and that was to just stay alive for as long as possible. End of story.

He raised from where he was laying, and saw that Rob had wondered off somewhere. Picking up his blades, he moved to the ground and sat cross legged against the wall, facing the door. The light feeling from the pot before slowly started to drift off and he could feel himself becoming very hungry. He couldn't eat his food, so he'd have to starve for a bit. He couldn't close his eyes, so he'd have to force himself awake a bit longer.

"Stupid son of a bitch, wandering off like a lost dog. He'll get himself fucking killed..."
Ares

Post by Ares »

((Steve continued from Shoot to Thrill))

There was still a throbbing pain in Steve's leg as he lay on one of the beds. He secretly wished Kevin was still around. It was nice having someone to talk to that you didn't have to shoot in the face.

Steve rose quickly at a faint sound coming from downstairs. It sounded like voices, but he couldn't be sure. Kevin had left long enough ago that it could not be him, so who were these mystery voices?

Snatching up his daypack, and holstering his gun in his belt, Steven crept slowly out of the room he was in. He went left to the staircase he had originally used to get upstairs. As he was walking towards the door to the staircase, his leg had another surge of pain and gave out on him, causing him to fall down.

"Shit." Steven muttered, hoping the noise wouldn't be noticed by whoever was downstairs.
baby_g†

Post by baby_g† »

THUD

Matthew rose quickly to the sound of the loud that had come from above him. As far as he knew, it could have been anything from a book falling off a case to a person even. For all he knew, it could have been Rob, getting his ass kicked by a small asian girl. Asain girls always seemed to be able to kick anyone's ass. Some martial arts thing they must have been taught at an early age or something. As Matthew was clearly getting off topic, he grabbed his weapon, leaving his bag behind and took the stairs to the second floor. Holding the blades down at his side, he called to who he thought was Rob, as he opened the door walking out into the hall.

"Rob, you box, you're going to get yourself killed making all that fucking nos.."

After propping the door open, looking up to expect to see Rob, Matty had to blink quickly and almost do a double take.

"Who the fuck are you?!"
Ares

Post by Ares »

"Who the fuck are you?"

Steve heard the words as he arose. He looked up to see another boy standing in the doorway. The boy had two blades with wooden handles in each hand. Steve quickly felt around his waist for his gun.

What the...shit!

The gun had slipped out of his belt and slid to about 5 feet in front of this other boy. Acting purely on instinct Steve rushed the boy hoping to catch him off guard.

Return to “The Hospital”