Restraining Order Part Two

A sprawling shopping mall which covers both an indoor and outdoor setting. The mall was abandoned in haste, and most of the stores were left wide open with merchandise still on the racks. Unfortunately, anything worthwhile has since been removed from the structure. A large clocktower sits in the center of the complex, slowly counting away the hours until the students' doom.
Nealosi†

Restraining Order Part Two

Post by Nealosi† »

"Dammit!" Blake threw the mangled wire cutters to the side. "Nothing works on this damn collar."

"Maybe you're just doing it wrong," An Linh, still slightly inebriated, but no longer drinking walked over to Blake. "Let me try."

An Linh picked up the mangled tool and whittled away at the thick metal collar, Blake flinched defensively several times as she worked away around his neck. He peered down into her determined brown eyes, focused on the task at hand.

"You sure you're ok to do that?" Blake flinched again, pushing her back slightly. "I mean, you've been drinking and-"

"Would you just shut up so I can try to do this?" An pushed Blake back against the display window of the GAP.

Blake looked around the room, steadily himself as he made sure no one was around, the area had just been cleared as a danger zone and he was pretty sure that no one would be flooding back anytime soon. He was glad An Linh was with him, in a strange way. His game plan thus far had revolved around avoiding people at all cost, but as the game continued to wind down to it's end, and with the recent help he received, he was beginning to question the credibility of his strategy.

After all, despite Walter, B02 and Greg, everyone else had been helpful.

"I think I'm getting close-"

"Ow!" Blake jolted out of grasp and clenched his neck; a small dribble of blood filled his hand.

"Shit! I'm sorry!" An Linh moved closer to Blake, dropping the wire-cutters and trying to get a look at his neck. "Aw, you big baby, it's just a scratch."

Blake grinned and looked at the blood in his hand, his shoulder still ached and it hurt when he reached to stem the flow of blood. He dug through his pockets, finding a small bundle of paper towels, and pressed them against his neck. He continued to dig, finally reaching for his roll of duct tape; he tore off a small stripe and placed it over the cut.

"Man," Blake sat down with a sigh. "I'm getting pretty sick of this."

"Now you see why I was drinking all night?" Ah Linh crossed her arms and looked down at Blake disapprovingly. "They've thought of everything."

Blake lowered his head, looking at his muddy brown hiking boots. An Linh sat down next to him.

"Hey, don't worry about it," she wasn't normally one to talk so much, but the alcohol and everything seemed to be warming her up to this boy. It was something about the way he didn't try to be anyone's burden, which was an admirable quality in her mind. "Why don't you try to live a little?"

An Linh hoisted up the bottle of rum.

"There's not much else to do," An Linh looked over at Blake, holding the bottle in front of him.

Speechlessly, Blake grabbed the bottle and took a swig. An Linh's eyes light up, at least she'd have someone else to be miserable with. Blake coughed and choked back a small bit of rum, he was unaccustomed to drinking. He coughed again and turned to An Linh, it was odd, he wouldn't have done this with anyone else on the island, he just got them impression that she really didn't want to hurt him.

"That's strong stuff," Blake coughed.

"Why do you think I picked it stupid?" An playfully punched Blake in the arm. An Linh took another large swig of her own, visibly cringing. "So? Tell me about yourself."

She passed the bottle to Blake as the two began to talk.

"Well..."

~

The two had a lot in common, it's not that they did a lot of the same things or even enjoyed a lot of the same things, but they both saw things the same way. It was like meeting someone with the same point of view, the same perspective on things.

Neither of them was sure if it was the alcohol or just the feeling of general helplessness, but the two found themselves in a passionate lip lock. His lips were weathered and inexperienced, just as hers were smooth and firm. He pulled her close as she worked her hands back, pushing off his jacket.

"I've never done anything like this before," the words slipped through his lips as two continued to move their hands over one another.

"Neither have I," she reached her hands under his shirt, pulling his shirt over his head with a rough finesse.

"Are you sure you want to-"

"You only live once."

They found their way back into the store, still pressed together firmly. They carried on throughout the store until they reached one of the back change rooms, somewhere that would be free of cameras and prying eyes.

An Linh pushed Blake against the wall of the change room and pulled off her own shirt. They stared at each other before grabbing for one another once again. Blake's wiry body was firm and adorned with only the bruise on his shoulder, An Linh's smooth navel was tanned and taught; he moved his hands around her hips.

Neither of them said anything, their eyes said all they needed to. They pulled off the last bit of their clothing, planting kisses all about one another's body. Their bodies tangled. Blake lifted An Linh up against the wall; she wrapped her legs around his body. He kissed her chest and worked his lips up to her neck as they made love.

~

((Continued from In Order to Survive))

He had a lot of reasons to return to the mall. It was a great place to stay, lots of food and supplies, and it was still fairly defensible. Besides, Russell's shotgun was still here, even though he'd take his supplies and his ammo with it, he could still use it as a bargaining chip or something.

Franco pushed open the doors of the mall with some effort, sweat dribbled down his face as the dishevelled young man laboured to carry all his gear. He wasn't in very good shape, and it was starting to wear on him. He bent over and took a moment to recover; he wiped he sweat from his face and tried his best to look respectable. What he really wanted was a shower and a new suit.

He walked through the hallways in search of supplies and clothing, he took a swig from his water bottle, emptying it and throwing it to the side. Just as he went to stroll past the GAP, a girl emerged, wearing nothing but a bath robe. Franco trained his grenade launcher on her, though he had no intentions of actually shooting, not just yet.

~

They both stood, staring into one another's eyes, panting, covered in sweat. It was almost like reaching a moment of perfection. Neither of them said a word for the longest time.

An Linh was first to break the silence. She whispered into Blake's ear, like they now shared some catastrophic secret.

"Um, I need to go get my things from outside, I'll be right back."

Blake nodded in approval he leaned over and kissed An Linh again.

She stepped out of the change room, grabbed a robe of the rack and walked outside. Just too look face to face with Franco Sebberts.

~

"Firstly," Franco glared and trained his grenade launcher. "Shut the hell up. If you scream or anything, I'll blow your head off. I'm not in a good mood."

An Linh said nothing, merely glared at the ignorant little brat, under any normal circumstances, she'd have already pounded his face in, but he had a gun, and she had someone inside to live for.

"Secondly," Franco sneered, taken aback by her defiant grimace. He poked his head around to look through the window of the store and saw a familiar face emerging from the GAP change room, half clothed. "He's lying to you and you need to get out of here."

"What?" An Linh stared at the young boy in disbelief, her disdain for him growing.

Franco's mind was whirling, this was too perfect. He was surprised he blurted out what he did, but given the situation, he was pleased with himself. He maintained his serious visage.

"That man is a liar and a killer and you'd be best off to get out of here while you still can," Franco stared at her, maintaining his serious glare. "He's responsible for the deaths of Gregory Moyer, Marvin Hendrick and Russell Gofis."

"I don't believe you," her ire was reaching a fever pitch. She didn't know where to direct her anger now.

"Fine," Franco smiled and leaned forward, this was really making him feel better. "Go and ask him yourself. While you're at it, ask what his real name is. Don't you know anything? You can't trust anyone here, darling. Not a soul."

He made a motion like he was tipping his hat and slowly stepped backwards, keeping his eye on the young women and slowly inching away. His work here was done.

~

An Linh watched the greasy boy inch away as she picked up her bag and rushed back into the store. She slipped her hand into her bag, pulling out her brass knuckles and slipping them into her pocket. She'd never felt so angry in her life. So betrayed.

"Hal!" An Linh called out to Blake, using the name he'd given her. "What is your real name?"

She stared into his eyes, he looked shocked, afraid and baffled. His smile turned to a look of pure dismay. He stuttered over his words. He was so confused, why would she ask his real name?

"Bla- Hal. Hal Carpenter."

"What?!"

"Look, I didn't tell you my real name because I-"

"Because you kill people!"

"No!" Blake looked over at An Linh, shocked and baffled. "It was an accident! He was my friend! I... I"

An Linh's face curdled in frustration. She reached her hand into her pocket and looped her fingers through the brass knuckles. She lunged out at Blake, her face twisted with rage. Tears streamed down her face, Blake stepped back, still only half-dressed.

The brass scathed the side of his face, leaving a harsh cut just above his left eye. He fell back into a rack full of clothing, tangled awkwardly and fell to the ground.

What the hell is happening to me?

Before he could finish his thought An Linh was at his feet, she drove a deft foot into his knee.

"You lied to me!"

"Ahgh!" Blake heaved the clothing rack to the side and scrambled to his feet. "I didn't want you to know at first. I was going to tell you-"

"Shut up!"

Another kick, this one reaching up to Blake's chin. He stumbled back again, his time maintaining his footing. He wasn't trained in any martial arts, but An Linh obviously was. He could think fast, that was his advantage.

An Linh charged forward, Blake threw an orange shirt up off the ground and into her face, she punched and kicked blindly, throwing her body at him like a ruthless weapon. She was off her mark. She stumbled and fell to the floor.

Blake quickly search the room for something, anything, he could defend himself with. He picked up a large wooden placard, probably broken off of something long ago, and swung it as An Linh charged him once more.

Her fist impacted with his gut just as the placard hit her in the side of the head. Blake spit up blood and coughed as he buckled over once again. An Linh stumbled, regained her footing and charged again.

"Die you murderer!"

Her kick collided with Blake's chest just as he swung the placard again in a desperate heave to defend himself. An Linh was caught off guard this time; she fell, and slammed into the heavy pane of glass at the store front. For a brief moment time seemed to stop, just as she made impact, it seemed like it would hold, but them it gave way and shattered to large and small glimmering glass shards.

A huge glass shard reached up, pining for a taste of blood, as she fell onto the jagged toothed grin that was the broken window, and was impaled through the heart.

"NO!" Blake called out as he dropped the placard to his feet. He ran to An Linh, hanging halfway in the shop and halfway out over the window, she was bleeding profusely.

"No, no, no, no, no..." Blake felt his voice fading as tears filled his eyes.

"Blake... are you there..." it was just like the last time, when Gregory died, but this time it meant a lot more for some reason. "Blake... I can't feel my legs... I can't feel my arms... where am I? I'm so far away from you..."

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry! I'm so sorry! I didn't mean for it to be like this, but it happened because of me..."

"No... I just don't want to be alone, Blake... it's so cold and I don't want to be alone."

He reached out and grabbed hold of her hand. He clasped in tight and held it close to his chest. His words couldn't find their way out of his throat. They were too heavy.

"I'm sorry..." Blake wasn't sure who had said it, if it was her or his own self; it didn't matter, because moments later, she was gone.

G09 - An Linh Tuan Status: Deceased

((Franco continued in Humanity.))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Nealosi. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Mitsuko2†

Post by Mitsuko2† »

Zilya cautiously made her way through the mall. She had no idea where she was going. She had been creeped out at the site of a body, head cracked open and bullet wounds in his chest. It scared her. Then she saw what looked like a girl sprint out not moments after. She was toting a big gun. She shivered and continued on.

Zilya eventually started to hear noises. Like people yelling. She stopped and took out the tri-nunchaku. It was a useless weapon for her. She didn't know how to even use it. She hated situations like these. Then she heard a crash. Someone yelled again. She began to sweat. She slowly tip-toed to the area the sound came from, only to see the site of half the body of a girl laying out a store window. She stepped a bit closer and saw that she had been impaled on a piece of jagged glass. There was a boy next to her, holding her hand and sobbing gently. It was that boy from the lighthouse, Hal Carpenter.

"Hal... why?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Mitsuko2. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Nealosi†

Post by Nealosi† »

"Should I even bother explaining it?" Blake grumbled out between sobs. He was still clenching An Linh's hand, just as he had Gregory's. "Why don't we just skip all the exposition so you can try to kill me? God knows, I deserve it."

He continued to sob over the dead form of An Linh, they had connected like neither of them ever had to anyone else, and now she was gone, and he had to live with himself. It was torture unparalleled. It was love's labours lost. More victims of this wicked game. Blake wasn't sure if he could move anyway. Images and thoughts soared through his mind, but a particular passage seemed to stay emblazoned in his mind.

And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep...

"'Destruction cometh; and they shall seek peace, and there shall be none,' one of those phrase that you never forget," Blake reached into his jacket and pulled off the hefty book that he had been using as makeshift body armour: the Bible. "It's from here you know, the Bible. I wouldn't consider the whole thing canon, but at least that line is true."

Blake looked over to Zilya. He honestly hoped that she would understand, but if she didn't, he didn't care, he was living off his own pain right now; off his own fear. It fuelled him; it urged him to continue in his despair, his heart and mind were conflicted.

"There's also this line, I remember it clear as day now, though I read this book so long ago: 'If we are afflicted, it is for your encouragement and salvation; if we are encouraged, it is for your encouragement, which enables you to endure the same sufferings that we suffer. Our hope for you is firm, for we know that as you share in the sufferings, you also share in the encouragement,'" he sighed and looked over at the girl again. "That's from Corinthians. I ask you, where is the encouragement in this? Why? Why? WHY?!"

Blake broke down pounding his fist against the floor of the mall. His forehead hit the ground as he wept in the blood and sweat of the linoleum tiles. He mumbled between his sobs.

"We're damned, so damned," he wiped the tears from his face with bloodied hands. " Why...?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Nealosi. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Mitsuko2†

Post by Mitsuko2† »

Zilya looked down upon the blubbering boy with pity. A pity she never thought she had inside her. She kneeled down and took the heartbroken boy into her arms. She sighed and rubbed him back, comforting him. She didn't know what she should do. This just felt right. This boy... he wasn't a killer. He had a good heart. Unlike so many others out there. He was pure. And this game was trying to destroy that.

"'The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want; he makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters; he restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil; for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of my enemies; thou anointest my head with oil, my cup overflows. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.' Psalm 23, the only thing in the bible I care to remember." She smiled sadly and stood, pulling the boy up with her. She smiled at him. She turned to look at the body of Ah-Lihn. She knew her. She was in a class with her.

"We should at least take her off of that glass. Give her some decency."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Mitsuko2. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Nealosi†

Post by Nealosi† »

Blake nodded in agreement as he wiped the tears from his eyes. He picked himself up off the ground slowly and approached the body slowly. She was drenched in her own blood and stakes of glass still protruded from her body. Somehow her eyes were still un-obscured by the wreckage that the two had caused in their battle. They were still lovely. It was the hardest thing he'd ever do; look into those eyes.

Still, as he worked carefully to remove the shards and move An Linh out of the window he never looked away.

He worked away without a word, barely conscious of the other girl nearby. In the back of his mind he was intensely grateful; he just didn't know how to say it yet. He pulled large shads of glass away from the body, mindless of his own personal harm. By the time he had removed enough glass to move the body his hands were littered with cuts and scrapes.

He motioned over to the other girl to help him move her body out of the window.

As he moved to place the body delicately on the ground he looked over to the other girl.

"I'm really thankful... for all of this... and I'm not really... I didn't mean to... I'm sorry," his head fell to look at the floor. "I'm going to find a place to bury her. I need to go alone."

With that Blake began to drag the body out of the mall and out into the deeper wilds of the island, careless of danger and unmindful of his surroundings. He was as careful as he could be with the heavy body, but he heaved slowly and mindfully, burdened.

The announcements began to blare away as he dragged the body through the trees. He didn't listen to them, he merely trudged on.

((Blake Ross Continued elsewhere))
Mitsuko2†

Post by Mitsuko2† »

Zilya helped Hal move the girl from the window and onto the ground. He said he wanted to bury her alone, and began to drag the body away. She felt that feeling of loneliness overtake her again but she somehow suppressed it. She began to leave the mall. As she stepped out of the door the announcements blared to life.

"His name.... it was Blake?" She was surprised. He was a killer. He lied to her. How could she have helped someone like that?

Zilya continued: This could be anywhere in the world

Return to “The Mall”