Prophetic Counterfeit

open to all

A sprawling shopping mall which covers both an indoor and outdoor setting. The mall was abandoned in haste, and most of the stores were left wide open with merchandise still on the racks. Unfortunately, anything worthwhile has since been removed from the structure. A large clocktower sits in the center of the complex, slowly counting away the hours until the students' doom.
Shula†

Prophetic Counterfeit

Post by Shula† »

((Continued from B35 - Start))

He had decided to just head west. There wasn't any real reason to head west, perhaps he was heading into the sun, or maybe he just happened to be walking in that general direction when he left the hospital. It was not as if he were paying attention to where he was going anyway. He had other things on his mind; namely, that hell-damned slut.

Anthony walked, in the open, using his hockey stick as a walking stick. It was madness, he was bound to be seen, bound to be killed this way. Or...perhaps he was not. After all, God had plans for his favorites, and this...this mockery of a game had to be a plan. Satan was not so strong as to kidnap schools of teenagers without God's assent. Satan did nothing without God's specific permission! If only he knew what his purpose here was. What was the plan for him?

Suddenly, all this was beginning to be, well, humorous, and he only barely held in an almost overwhelming laugh. He, a good, practicing Catholic, had been thrown into some damned, televised—Wait, that was it. This game was televised! He was supposed to show the nation, the world, that Christianity could not be defeated by these godless heathens!

God would keep him safe. He would lead God into the hearts of all Americans, through an all too realistic reality TV show. This knowledge gave Anthony new hope, pride even. He began walking again, standing taller, and with new purpose.

Relatively soon, the new televangelist came upon a large building. Upon closer inspection, he found that it was a mall. Surely there would be people inside. The mall, such an earthly place, humans could never resist it, especially in times like these, when anything available was for the taking.

Anthony entered the mall, after all, what else did he have to do on this island? He had need of neither weaponry nor defense from this place, but shelter, that would be a necessity soon. Evening had already come, and soon night would settle upon the island. He had only to find some place comfortable, and wait until the dawn arrived again and he could again rise to show the power of God.

"Anthony" The boy turned around in fear, but saw no one. Tentatively, he answered, "yes?"
"The world will not see Me, but ye shall see Me, for I am with you."
The boy sank to his knees. He was a chosen one; God spoke to him! How?
"In you."
How far?
"Until the end of the world: the same yesterday, today, and forever."

Yes, he remembered those lines, from years ago in Sunday school! He was indeed a prophet among heathens in this place! But that would change within the coming days. The doubters would be killed, and the faithful would be saved.

He went into some unknown store, some health place. Immediately he went to the food, and reached for whatever looked edible. He stopped, however, and placed the box of whatever it was back on the shelf.
"Thou shalt not steal."

He would not need to take from his place, food would be provided. He trusted in that. Why would he not? He was, after all, now one of the chosen of God.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Shula. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Croco†

Post by Croco† »

SMASH!

In a jewelry near the store Anthony was in, the sound of shattering glass filled the air as Michael Neely slowly came to and realized what had happened to him.  He had been looking forward to the end of the year...the time where he could spend all day at Major Taylor's without having to worry about school or homework...that and his mother had a special 'surprise' for him at the end of the year.  And now here he was...he knew what was up and the probability was that he was going to die soon.

"Fuck!" he screamed, "Why me?  Oh, I know...it was that little faggot Shane Moyer that set me up...god, I hate that little preppy bitch!"  He swung the golf club that was firmly in his hands and connected with another glass display, sending shards of glass out into the pathway before slumping to the ground in view of anyone that passed by.  He could see the health food store across the path that Anthony was in and could sense something about him...something that was a little troubling to him...now whether or not he could be trusted or should be quickly dispatched would require some thought.  He continued to observe the boy across the path in the health food store, planning his move...
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Croco. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Shula†

Post by Shula† »

The night had not been a quiet one. A series of loud crashes had woken him some time during the night. Not once, however, did it really occur to Anthony that he should fear those sounds. Instead he slept again within the small shop, and this time woke to the sound of symphonic dissonance.

A voice followed the sound, but to be sure, it was no heavenly tone:  "Goood morning, children!" It was that horrid man who had sold his soul to the Deceiver for entertainment's sake. Twelve students killed already; twelve sinners sent to their fate; nine more sealing theirs. Four danger zones, but the mall was not mentioned.

The unfortunate souls were surely true sinners, for they had not been saved. But what if, perhaps, death had been Mercy? The thought frightened Anthony; were such actions committed by these killer students that death would be merciful? Would he be able to withstand such a thing? He found himself on his knees, praying for those killed the previous day.

"All the Holy angels and Archangels, pray for them. Through the grace of the Holy Spirit the Paraclete, in this day of Judgment we beseech you, hear us. That you spare them, we beseech you, hear us..."

And if he were praying for himself too, who would ever know the difference?

Soon enough, a soft rumble informed him that he was, in fact, hungry. Searching briefly through the hated bag, Anthony found the stale loaf of bread and broke off a sizeable chunk. He sat back against the sales counter and ate the stuff, putting off deciding what to do for the day until at least a little later.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Shula. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Strawberry Prince†

Post by Strawberry Prince† »

The Mall. These seemed like a good place to plant the claymore but the problem is he won't be able to cover it up since the floors are apperently made of tile. Alexander walked through the place, it was a little akward for him to see the mall empty. It usually was filled with obnoxious teenagers chatting away in various stores. The mall was a place Alexander wasn't welcomed in, except for the book store. Well maybe I can stop to rest here abit for I study the map some more. he thought looking around for a rest stop.

I am kind of tired, after all I have been traveling all over the island. Maybe theres a place that can....Aha! Of coruse this didn't compare to the way ancient armies traveled from place to place. Alexander stopped search at the site of a health food store. Maybe I can find some energy bars to help me out here...  Alexander started looking through the store, however he wasn't found anything of much use or edible for one thing.

Alexander was too focused on his surroundings to noticed a boy sitting on the floor leaning against the counter. While walking through an aisle he turned to walk out when he stopped in his tracks in front of this boy whom he didn't recognize. Uh oh........Another confrontation...... he thought. Alexander tried to think fast, something friendly and not hostile. "Uh-h hi..." he said quietly trying to get it togeather in his mind.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Strawberry Prince. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Shula†

Post by Shula† »

Who was this? This was somebody he did not know who entered the store and began rummaging through the shelves, apparently finding nothing of interest. He took no notice of Anthony though. He was possessed by his search. He seemed truly surprised to see Anthony sitting on the floor, but gave a nervous greeting nonetheless.

Anthony stood up, using the hockey stick to help. "Good afternoon." The poor boy seemed terrified, clearly guilty in the face of a chosen one. "There is no need for theft, even if these things belong to no man. God will provide for those who are faithful."

This other looked presentable enough. Anthony switched his staff hockey stick to his left hand and extended the other. "Anthony Marius Ainsworth."
Strawberry Prince†

Alexander looked at Anthony, taking in his words like a sponge. He's one of those people....  he thought as he shook his head, putting out his other hand shaking Anthonys. Anthony immedialety reminded him of a Pope, Alexander tried to remember what was his name but what he does now was that this pope decided to announce that the Chuch should weild both swords. The Cahotlic Church had major power, coruppted more and more through the years. This extremley religious student might have snapped mentally under these psychotic conditions, or hes simply the way he is.

Insane or not it didn't matter. Alexander knew how to deal with these people. You just need to play along, they'll fall for everything. "Oh I'm sorry, I didn't intend to steal anything......I-I just don't know anymore.....I don't have anywhere to go..." he said looking up at Anthony hoping that this boy would be too delluded by his religious fantasies that he'll buy Alexanders story.

People have gone into war due to religion and beleif. It was positivley revolting; He never could imagine why people were so stupid in the ancient days. Of course they had their fair share of intelligent beings, most being from a lower class. Nope, God had to choose huge idiots to become kings of great empires and kingdoms. Who knows what was going thorugh his mind at the time...
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Strawberry Prince. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Shula†

Post by Shula† »

After a moment, the boy accepted and shook Anthony's hand, although he did not offer his name in return. "Oh I'm sorry, I didn't intend to steal anything......I-I just don't know anymore.....I don't have anywhere to go..." He was upset, easily forgivable. And is not forgiveness the greatest of graces?

It was this island. A true test of character, anyone was susceptible to temptation. Anthony pitied the boy. "God told Moses through the burning bush that he would deliver his people from the land of their oppressors. This human travesty is the same. Why should He abandon us, when he did not abandon them?"

It was true, it had happened before, why not again? Perhaps there was a way out of this thing. He could lead the other students from this place instead of simply weathering it. But...he had not been given a sign, nor instruction. The only option was to wait for other children to be found.

"Have you come across any others?"
riserugu†

Post by riserugu† »

((Continued from The Sands of Time))

In the time since he had left the church, and the company of those people that had managed to all collect into one single location, he had simply wondered surprised to find that many weren't out and about. Allowing himself to stop ever so often in order to drink something, and try to manage down some of the stale, and overall nasty food that they had been supplied with for this term, however long it might last differing from person to person as you moved down the roster. He had no intention of dying anytime soon, but with the situation he really didn't seem to have much say on the manner as to what could and more than likely would happen in the upcoming days and to how this would effect him, be it a simple bite of reality in the ass or the bite that ends it all and pays the ultimate price of his life.

All this rather morbid thoughts on his part, it was all a rather low level train of thought in his mind.

Edgar had remembered noting a map somewhere in the duffle pack he had been issued in this game, pondering if opening and checking his surrounding would be in his best interest though at the same time figuring it wouldn't matter where he wondered toward the same probably awaited in every area, the same he had came across at the church. The one that wanted peace, the one that wanted to find a way off, the crazed killer, so forth and so on and then there was him, pondering if jumping off the closet highest structure would be in his best interest. Though that wouldn't be appeasing to the creators and runners of this game, or the people watching at home. The thought of killing himself also brought a slightly bitter taste to his own mouth, and anyway if he was going to kill himself it had to be in a far more creative fashion than simply jumping off a building.

Lost in pondering thoughts he almost didn't notice the building growing in the distance, he had been lucky to not have wondered into any danger zones though as he finally lifted his head and removed himself from thought he paused in his stepping as he overlooked the large structure he had wondered upon, it reminded him of one of the older malls located close to his apartment building back in Denton. Though this seemed... more overall, something you see in those teeny-bopper horror movies that where also being produce these days, lightly working his issued duffel pack, unzipping it and digging about until he removed the before mentioned map that he had remembered seeing back when he had first woken up and what had been what had pointed him in the direction of that church.

By the looks of it he hadn't traveled that far from where he had been before being forced out by that danger zone falling down over the area, lips pursing slightly as he refolded the map and returned it too the inside of his pack. Though it might be a danger wondering into there without much of a plan, he could only ponder who or what could be holding up in there. But then again, there was a good chance that some of the stores within the inner workings of this mall that might hold something of use to him, or would be in the up coming days that he would have to save on this island. Shrugging the pack back onto his back, he over-look the building once more before stepping forward and began a steady pace toward the visible entrance into the large building, eyes casting upward and glancing up at the large clock tower that stood within the center of the building, the large second hand still slowly ticking away he watching this for a simple second or two himself before forcing Edgar forced his eyes forward once more.

As he reached the said entrance, pushing a hand against the glass door and pushing it open, following in the wake of the opening and entering into the darkened mall. Eyes scanning the area he found himself in. Wondering as the door slowly closed behind him, he glancing between the stores as he began to walk down the tiled halls - all of the stores he was around seemed to be more of department brand, clothes and all that wasn't quite ended at this point and time to him. Though as he continued to wonder down the hall, the sound of glass scattering caused him to stop in his tracks listening lightly to the sounds of what sounded to be a loud scream followed by more glass breaking. Edgar casting curious glances toward the source of all the noise, as at seemed as soon as they had begun they had ended, pursing his lips lightly as he removed the stun gun from his jeans and starting a slow walk toward where the sounds where coming from.

Nearing the source he could faintly make out at least three voices speaking, he gaining a ear on the conversation as he walked even closer, noting the talk that one was giving of believing in the good lord and what not. For having just been praying hours before, he found himself frowning at the other boy's words. The time since he had left the church had given him time to ponder, ponder over what was going to happen and that God would be of no use to them in any way shape, or form. Edgar looking over the group, which where that of three not two as he had guessed, listening more on the words begin spoken between them. Edgar pursing his lips lightly, "Why should he abandon us? Why not, he didn't do much for those that where in the last version of this, or the one before that." He muttered lightly, not really thinking as he paused lightly between the two stores the jewelry and health food he eyed both.

"Over a hundred kids have died because of this... this game, what's going to make us so special that we're going to get a burning bush or something to that nature that leads us to our freedom from this island?" Edgar had muttered, as he allowed himself to wonder over toward the health food store, looking over the items in display there before turning where he stood and leaning back into the counter a bit looking over the other small lot of people that too, had wondered in here.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler riserugu. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Croco†

Post by Croco† »

"I don't know, but I've come to a grim conclusion..." said a voice from around the corner.  It was that of Michael Neely as he had vacated the jewelry store that he had been dumped in and decided to make his presence known.  "If we come across any of the others, especially those mentioned in the announcement, then we're all fucked without hope."  Twirling the golf club in his hand, he stepped into the open so that Anthony and Alexander could see him, stepping back to take a half-assed golf swing and knocking a bottle of some vitamin supplement clear across the mall.

The boy then put the club behind him and tried his best to appear non-threatening.  "My name's Michael...and do either of you go to Bathurst?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Croco. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Strawberry Prince†

This...........Is not good.... Alexander thought that he was alone but it appear he had more than this religious freaks company. The boy looekd nervous, being realistic now; At any given time a fight can suddenly break out leaving all of them dead. This would definatly not happen to him, he has been running through the island for a day already and so far it hasn't got him anywhere. He ended up reaching his location but his plans were foiled by the evil Danya. Damn you Danya! And this game....

The boy decided not to say anything as he turned to see the newcomers come into this one sided conversation. It was best if he didn't say anything and play the nervous geeky Freshman kid. AFterall thats what he was, he looked like a total dork and he spent most of his time reading and studying history. It was something that he was proud of however, and wouldn't let anyone say otherwise. No matter how much Alexander was made fun of he still had his dignity and the knowledge of history which lead him to beleive he was superior above all the brainless students that go to his school. Not one could match with his intellect.

"......................." Alexander waited for the situation to play out he didn't want to cause any discomfort between these three young men. Jesus vs the Pharisees.......We all know how thats going to end up... This situation reminded him of all the times the Pharisees greatly questioned the logic and faith of Jesus. Being Catholic he was educated on Bible history, the encounters Jesus had with the Pharisees and other non-followers were known to mostly any Catholic required to go through Cahtolic Schools. But unlike Jesus, Alexander wasn't sure how Antony would react to merchants selling goods in the temple...
Shula†

Post by Shula† »

It was almost as if his asking it had produced new people to arrive from nowhere. The first to show up seemed a little spacey, or perhaps he simply didn't care that there were other people around. Regardless, although he appeared to be talking to himself as he entered the store, nothing was said to either Anthony or the one who'd not given a name. Although, maybe there was simply nothing to say.

An immediate reaction might have had time to play out, but with the level of relative calm, that may have been unlikely. Either way, before Anthony reacted to this newcomer, a voice came from outside soon followed by the source of said voice.

The one who spoke seemed entirely nonchalant, as if he weren't taking the situation seriously at all. Of course, as Anthony had realized earlier, some on this island had no real reason to worry, but that didn't mean they should be so vocal about not caring. Either way, the boy hadn't been saying that there was no need for worry; he was saying they were doomed. But continuing in this call for death, he drove a bottle of something with his club. It wasn't a putt, nor a chip, nor a flop; it was a right out stinger. This boy was calling for Death to come for them!

That just couldn't be right, not Anthony. He wasn't doomed to die here. He couldn't die! He wasn't allowed to die! He simply would not put up with it. And that boy who'd come here first, the one Anthony was sure was a believer as well, didn't even say a word!

He was doomed if he let them all stay here. It was just as this latest one had said. It was madness to remain in groups. No. it was madness to stay in groups of people who would condemn others with their actions.

Anthony probably thought he was thinking rationally, that there was any way at all to be safe on the island. He probably truly believed that God would save him and those who were faithful. He probably thought he should be trying to save convince them God had not abandoned them, so that they too might be saved. He probably no longer thought in terms of "He is caucasionally challenged, damned to Hell....She is not Catholic, damned to Hell." But who really can say? Who can say what goes on in the mind of a strongly opinionated, but sheltered and spoiled boy set loose on an island with only a hockey stick and a few provisions, ordered to kill all the others or else be killed himself? That is probably one of those experiences only able to be explained after one has experienced it. And only one each season of the show was allowed such a...privilege? Punishment?

One thing, however, was completely clear:  Anthony was now terrified to allow this demon shelter there. And the others? They didn't even exist to him right then; his state of mind allowed only one simple thought at a time. This devil must be cast out!

Anthony stood up quickly from the position he'd kept most of the night before and until that moment. His knees were sore from it, and his thighs protested, but adrenaline soothed their lactic acid anger. The hockey stick, one held only as a shepherd's staff or a walking stick, became once again an expression of ire.

It really wasn't all that dangerous. Anthony had no knowledge of how to use it as a weapon beyond swinging it in a completely uncontrolled (and mostly vertical) manner. What may have been a little frightening were his face and the words being expelled from it.
"The Angel bound you once in the utmost parts of Egypt! Go back to the depths of evil and be bound again! We drive you from us, whoever you may be, unclean spirit, all infernal invaders in the Name and by the power of our Lord, do may you be snatched away and driven from the holy souls made to the image and likeness of God and redeemed by the precious Blood of the Lamb!" it seemed he hardly took breath between sentences. He no more advanced upon anyone than simply wildly waving a stick and reciting, as best he could, the Prayer of Exorcism, forgetting completely the prayer to Saint Michael and ignoring the minor detail that he was neither morally nor legally a priest, nor given permission by any local diocese. There were demons among men!

"You shall no more dare to deceive the human race. The Most High God commands you, God the Father commands you! God the Son commands you! God the Holy Ghost commands you! Christ, God's Word made flesh commands you!"

Anthony wore out. He didn't know what came next. Fatigue, brought on as not much other than lack of food or sleep or safety can bring. The boy had exhausted himself and his attempt to expel the demon. He hadn't really moved from the counter, perhaps a few inches from sheer momentum, but nonetheless, he collapsed against the counter once again and sat. He did not even bother to notice what had happened as a result of his outburst. It took far too much effort, and he really did want a drink. As calmly as if he sat in his own home with nothing to worry about, he dug out his bottle of water from the bag and took a few sips of it.
Strawberry Prince†

Alexander scrambled out the door as soon as Antony worked himself up. He wasn't going to stay for the religious war that was about to occur here. The english boy wasn't going to allow himself to be caught up in something that has been going on for thousands and thousands of years. The history major fleed the mall, the place were every type of person would be summoned up. The skies were sunny and bright, it was the day time already. Alexander wasn't surprised, his moments with Antony lasted forever.

Leaving the mall grounds he made sure to stay away from the place that will start to leak blood from the walls. The Church wasalways something that caused trouble, nothing but trouble. No good has ever come from it, every pope was a selfish man who twisted the Bible for their own personal gain. It made him sick. Alexanders thoughts focused on something else as he passed through the residential area. Elizabeth I was one of the most powerful influencial leaders of England.

Danya was basically Elizabeth I. Trying to make this country follow his own values and thoughts and ideas. He had a iron fist and was a great and fantastic ruler that helped shape England. Danya is trying to help America by desposing them of many teenagers who will end up in shit holes all over the place. He was just saving USAs elders from the youth. Alexander kept focused on the similarities between the two rulers.

((Continued Elsewhere))
Croco†

Post by Croco† »

Michael was not in the mood to put up with any religious rhetoric as he pointed the golf club at Anthony's head.  He was never really a religious person himself, seeing as how he felt there was no use for that kind of thing in the first place.  But hearing this kid going off about unclean spirits and trying to recite an exorcism prayer brought a bit of amusement to the skater boy as he turned away and started snickering, not wanting to incite the wrath of what he perceived someone to be mentally unstable.  "Oh my God, you crack me up..." he thought to himself, "You actually think you can exorcise demons and all...this should be fun.  It should be fun watching you die so you can meet your all-powerful God."

He then spoke up, the club in his hand seeming to give him enough power to say what was on his mind.  "Hey, you wanna do us all a favor and shut the fuck up?" said Michael, "This isn't the time or place for your bullshit...if you wanna say your prayers, there's a church nearby.  You can go off and rant there for all I care...I'm only interested in staying alive."

A grin started to form over Michael's face when he remembered something.  "That announcement...Danya revealed that the church was one of the danger zones.  If he goes there, then his head will be blown off as he says his prayers or whatever.  Then he'll go to meet his maker...but if he's like most of the Catholics I've heard about as he's gotta be one of them after a rant like that..."  He started to snicker again, this time audibly so that those who were left could hear him.  "...then he's going straight to hell anyway, and I'll be waiting for him there."
riserugu†

Post by riserugu† »

Edgar stood silently watching as the one holding the hockey stick... whatever began a rant that sounded similar to something he read about that had to deal with Exorcisms by the Catholic Church. Though this went quite beyond that, this reminded him more of those homeless men that hung around the park downtown and where convinced that the second coming was upon them and that they where all about to burn for their sins, while others where absolutely convinced that God was some inanimate object like a doorknob, or even a tortilla, something to that nature.

He opened his mouth slightly about to speak up to the yelling male, rubbing at his ear in a small manner as he did – though the voice of the other male that still remained cut him off and he found himself watching this figure instead with a small glance.

The young red-head couldn't quite place it, but something about this person set his nerves twitching, musing that perhaps running would be in his best interest. Then again, everyone during this game should be setting him off like this, though instead of doing what his body figured might be for the better, Edgar simply stood where he did, the hard corner of the counter digging into his side as he watched the words leave the others' mouth directed toward the new exorcist in their midst.

Glancing off back to their before mentioned exorcist, Edgar's eyes remained on him, curious as to what he was going to do next though the small snickers coming from the other caught his attention he simple tried to ignore the sounds and focus on other things – perhaps coming here hadn't been in his best interest, then again he had the time to actually such this place, not after coming across these colorful people afterall.

((Continued in God Almighty))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler riserugu. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Shula†

Post by Shula† »

That had been simple enough, for more simple that he had thought it would be, really. Even the one who had brought the evil into that place was now laughing quietly. These few, at least, had been saved.

Anthony stood and took his bag in one hand, hockey stink in the other, and left the other boys there, not paying much attention to them. Actually, he didn't get all that far. About the time he stepped outside of the health store, the boy stopped. Which way to go?

He waited for a sign, some signal from his God that he had a destination.

Return to “The Mall”