the remake

A sprawling shopping mall which covers both an indoor and outdoor setting. The mall was abandoned in haste, and most of the stores were left wide open with merchandise still on the racks. Unfortunately, anything worthwhile has since been removed from the structure. A large clocktower sits in the center of the complex, slowly counting away the hours until the students' doom.
baby_g†

the remake

Post by baby_g† »

((continued from: Tom and Becky...))

they had been walking not to long now, but Tori was already hungry. It was clear that they didn't give anyone enough food. She wanted so bad to stop walking, sit, maybe nap, and just relax. She wanted to stop this stupid game.

I swear to God, once I get my hands on that son of a bitch... gahhh..... Why on earth did it have to be us? What's with the whole thing anyways? I'm sick and tired of stupid ass adults trying to run everything. Once they feel their not in control of anything, they have to do something drastic to get order back. Mom used to ground me for staying out 10 minutes past the time I was supposed to be home. She said that if I didn't learn now, I'd never learn. Guess what mom? I DON'T FUCKING CARE!! I'm sick of cleaning my room when you say, sick of eating Only in the kitchen even if it means missing my Favourite show, I'm sick of having to have an 85% average because anything lower is not acceptable. I'm Fucking sick and tired of it. I don't want to walk anymore. I don't want to have to be forced too..

The thought had finally hit Tori. She had made it this far and finally it was creeping up on her. It was about now that she could feel her whole world coming in around her. It was like being stuck in a box that was slowly getting smaller, making it harder for her to breath. In times like this, when she began feeling really stressed out, she would get pain in her chest. She remembered all the times she had been taken to doctors to be treated for it. Once she was even taken to the hospital. She hated hospitals. Tori could feel the pain creep up in her body slowly, yet when the actual strike of pain occured, it was as fast as a wink. Wincing in pain, she tried to hide her face from Bryan. There was already to much going on, that she didn't see the reason to consern him more. Tori looked down at the ground. It was rough and reminded her of her backyard. Her dad always said he'd get to fixing up the garden, but he never did. As both Tori and Bryan continued walking in silence, she couldn't help but think about all the things that she had taken for granted all these years. So silly how something like this can make you feel sick with regret ontop of being scared shitless that someone's going to shank you at any moment.

It sucked so much how her feelings and thoughts were stuck in her head. She wanted to say them, express them, but remained quiet as usual. She figured there wasn't much use to talking about how she felt. She remembered that time she vented on Bryan about her ex boyfriend. He didn't seem to... well, frankly he just didn't care. Though her thoughts and feelings had now changed towards him, she figured it was best to wait. At first, when they had met at school, she wasn't sure what to think. Bryan had been helping out the janitor cleaning, and wasn't very nice. Boys were always going to be like that. Something was different though. Tori couldn't put her finger on it, but something was different in a good way. The way he looked at her made her feel special, and wanted. It felt like he had been looking for her, just like she had been looking for him. It was a feeling she had been longing for ever since she was a kid. Her grandmom would insist she be a 'proper young lady', which ment no talking with boys unless they had the intention to marry her. Everyone wanted the best from her, and all Tori ever wanted was to feel accepted and maybe even loved. Though she assumed nothing would be said about it, she wondered if Bryan felt a connection as strong as she did.

Reality snapped her back into the most important thing she'd have to face.

What about them? I can't kill someone? I can't kill a stranger, someone I've never met, or Lord help me, someone I Have met. What about Bryan?

As they continued walking, off in the distance Tori saw a small shopping mall of sorts. She double checked her map just to make sure. According to the paper, it was the shopping mall, though most likely empty with nothing to salvage.

"I think we should stop there." Tori said, pointing in the direction of the mall. It was more like a 'we're going there' tone instead of a suggestion. "Who knows, maybe we can close off the doors and windows like they do in Dawn of the Dead, and just stay there." She couldn't help but laugh a bit, God help her and her horrible sense of humour.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler baby_g. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Cyco†

Post by Cyco† »

((Continued from Tom and Becky))

"Hey, great idea," Bryan snorted, paying more attention to the surrounding area than their conversation. He took a moment from his vigilant scanning and peered over at the mall complex. "Let's lock ourselves in there with every other asshole who's seen that movie." He shook his head. "Besides, that kept out zombies. This is totally different." He didn't bother explaining said differences, because it seemed pretty obvious. Anyone with a firearm or even a good sturdy club of some kind would be able to shatter the glass in a door or window; it wasn't Fort Knox, for chrissake, it was a shopping mall.

Tori looked pretty tired from all the walking, and they had to be in the clear by now, right? Bryan couldn't even see the lighthouse from here. He'd explained their hasty departure to his companion while they were on the move, and had mentioned that they wouldn't be able to visit the church, the pagoda or the school anytime soon. He had hoped she would remember, because now he'd already forgotten.

"Tell you what," he sighed, "we'll go check it out, but you have to do everything I tell you." That was rich; he didn't even know what he was doing. "Let's go. You keep behind me, ok?" He hunched as low as possible and began shuffling towards the main entrance.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Cyco. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
baby_g†

Post by baby_g† »

"Damn, take a joke..." Tori mumbled under her breath. She did this purposely loud enough for him to hear, but quiet enough so it seemed as if she was talking to herself. She followed behind Bryan just as he said.

Teenaged boys. She thought. Just as bad as parents, always want control.

Tori knew better to argue with Bryan... she was just restless, and needed a water break to help the pain in her chest go away. As they neared the entrance to the mall, she couldn't help but feel a sense of panic overcome her. She grabbed on to the edge of Bryan's shirt with one hand and grasped the blade he had given her earlier in the other. Although she was prepared for whatever physically, she was still working on the mentially part, since inside her head she was screaming for help.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler baby_g. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Cyco†

Post by Cyco† »

"Get--" Bryan whispered indignantly, annoyed at her sudden latching onto his shirt. "Cut it the hell out." He paused, and tried to convince her with a more reassuring tone, "listen, I'm not gonna let anything happen to you, ok? Now leggo." With that he tugged his shirt free and approached the door, peering through the glass in an attempt to see if anyone was inside. It didn't seem like it, but he couldn't be totally sure until they got inside. He opened the door and held it for Tori with his one hand, the other gripping the barrel of the SPAS-12. The typical mall entrance had two sets of doorways, providing a glass room that Tori could stay relatively safe inside while Bryan checked for anyone lurking in the first couple of shops.

"I want you to wait here, alright?" he said to her, his voice still calm and reassuring, but with a hint of command. "I'm going to check if the coast is clear." He dropped his daypack at his feet. "If anything happens to me, you take my pack and get out of here; there's extra food and water in there." He hefted the shotgun and let out a deep breath. He had a feeling that there was already somebody here. There had to be; a full day had passed already, and this was an ideal place to hole up. Bryan pushed open the glass door with his shoulder, focusing on the first two stores, one on the left, one on the right. He would have to hug the wall to avoid being vulnerable, and he did just that. The place on the left, a small cell-phone outlet, was empty. There were no convenient spots to hide behind; even the backless counter provided no cover.

'One for one,' Bryan thought, remaining close to the wall. He made his way to the corner and rounded it suddenly, ready to pull the trigger in case of--forget it, no one. There was more cover in here than in the last place, but it was still very little. He marched to the back just to be sure, but he was already convinced. He came back out of the store and beckoned Tori to come over.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Cyco. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
baby_g†

Post by baby_g† »

Bryan was no motioning for her to come over, she couldn't help but think about how much of a jerk he was being. Here she thought he was being sweet, only now, he gets annoyed with her Lightly holding onto the edge of his shirt. On the other side, he didn't know she was having pains? She didn't want to tell him either. Thus, this left her in a pickle.

Tori had now walked, carefully, up to where Bryan was standing. She wasn't quite sure what to do now. He had checked to make sure the cost was clear. When he had turned the corner sharp with his shot gun ready, she couldn't help but laugh at how much it reminded her of the old Law & Order shows she watched with her dad.

Ready with the blade in her hand, and the other placed across her chest holding onto her shoulder, pressing down on her pain, she leaned in to Bryan.

"Now what?" She whispered.
Cyco†

Post by Cyco† »

"Now I want you to sit tight for a second while I take a look around." He pointed inside the store. "I won't be long. I promise." He started down the hallway again, aiming to establish a much larger perimeter of his territory this time. This was the second time Bryan had requested she stay behind, and probably not the last. Tori was his responsibility now; if she died, it was all his fault. There was most likely someone inhabiting this mall, and they could be carrying a firearm.

'Does she understand we're playing for keeps?' he thought, shaking his head.

Bryan was a fairly adaptive person, and a quick learner if it was something he was interested in. Survival was pretty interesting, in his opinion. He had to admit that he'd gotten much more used to wielding the powerful SPAS-12; it was all about bracing properly. He'd even bagged a kill, which although he owed partially to the close quarters involved, he actually felt a little proud of. Bryan had thought about it off and on since he layed eyes on Dan's mangled corpse, and he was now convinced that it had been the perfect test. Was he skilled enough to survive in a world full of killers? Yes he was, as he was now convinced.

Dan's fluid-coated intestines seeped out of his stomach and into Bryan's mind, and he could hear Danya's voice telling him to live with it, and he could see Wilson pulling the trigger and wasting that kid from before.

'I did what I had to. Danya and Wilson can go blow eachother.'
baby_g†

Post by baby_g† »

This is fucking rediculas. I'm not a child. Stop telling me to stay behind!!

"Fine." Tori said as flatly as she could. She wanted it to be made clear that she wasn't happy with just being the tag along. Bryan was treating her like a child. He got mad at her when she grabbed onto the back of his shirt. Told her to stay still, do this do that, and it was most likely going to keep happening. Tori was an independent thinker, and didn't take to kindly to Bryan pushing her around. So what if he was just trying to protect her. She has weapons, she can defend herself... It was too late. He was already gone looking at the place, making sure it was safe. She didn't understand why he was being so protective of her.

It was the last straw. Tori had already been through two nights of this hell hole and she wanted to work as a team god damn it. Leaving the other person behind was Not being a team.

Just wait... She thought, Just wait till he gets back here... I'll give him a piece of my mind that he can choke on!
Cyco†

Post by Cyco† »

((Continued from Hiding in the Barn))

Jordan sat in the record store, his back up against the R&B section, trying to figure out what to do next. His resolve to make contact with the other students had been quickly abandoned back at the barn to the north, halted by an unexpected third--and fourth--party.

~~~

Jordan froze in his tracks, retreating back behind the corner and owing his life to his peripheral vision. He peeked out again. A lone figure, just barely visible in the moonlight, was making its way across the wide plains towards the barn.

'No problem,' he thought, taking a deep breath and considering his options against the wall of the barn. 'I'll just chill out here for a sec and listen in when they run into eacho--'

"Gregory? Gregory Moyer?" a voice issued from within, and Jordan's blood nearly dried up in his veins. How many others were here? He looked back around the corner of the barn towards the distant approaching figure, and ducked back around the corner again. 'Ok,' he said to himself, 'no one knows I'm here, I'll just--'

"You! You're a nazi terrorist motherfucker and the kids need this fucking piece of paper!" another voice rang out, and Jordan knew that he couldn't stay here. There was a conflict building in that barn, no question about it, and he wasn't about to get caught up in it. What would happen when the third student arrived?

"Thanks but no thanks," Jordan whispered, taking his leave in the opposite direction of the three stooges. He'd find allies somewhere else.

~~~

That, and a series of logical observations, led him here. To the mall, the refuge of the ill-equipped. He figured he had a better chance dealing with unarmed students than those toting melee weapons and firearms. He'd heard gunshots in the distance on his treck to the shopping mall, and was now quite convinced that shooting first and asking questions later was the popular approach.

So what was one to do with no weapon (unless he were to goggle someone to death) and no allies? He wasn't popular at Franklyn; nobody liked the kid who was good at everything. Music, sports, extreme sports, ladies...hell, he'd even be good at schoolwork if he put some effort into it. He was a jack of all trades.

"And a master of none," he whispered, smiling and looking up at the ceiling. "Who am I kidding? There's no such word as 'friend' here. Even if I found someone to team up with, they'd just end up stabbing me in the back to save themselves. When the chips are down, everyone's just in it for thems--"

Jordan heard footsteps. He crawled on his hands and knees over to the edge of the aisle and crouched silently, clutching the goggles tight. 'Bring it on,' he thought, confident in his hand-to-hand skills after a prominent role on the school wrestling team. The steps became closer still, and Jordan was sure that it was going to come down to a fight, when all of a sudden they halted and the intruder let out a sharp sneeze, mumbling for a second before making it two. Jordan remained silent as the crucial, agonizing seconds passed. The stranger took another step, but it was impossible to tell which direction in. He could only hold his breath and hope it was away from him. If not, then he'd spring up, weapon or no, and give his opponent everything he had.

But no, the footsteps got farther away, and the stranger passed by. Jordan was moving before he even knew what he was doing, sneaking to the front of the store and ducking behind the front counter. He cast a glance out silently; there was a boy with a shotgun making his way towards the computer outlet, on the opposite side of the record store. 'Go,' he thought, sneaking around the cash register hastily and heading in the opposite direction of the gun-toting scaryman, skillfully cradling his daypack to avoid the loud clunking sound it made. He didn't look back once; either he was seen or he wasn't, and he would know in a second or two.

A second or two later, Jordan was safely around the curve that the hall took, and definately out of sight. He breathed a sigh of relief. 'I guess I was wrong,' he thought, cursing the assumption he'd made earlier. No way was he staying here. He hugged the wall and headed toward the exit he'd came through the previous day, ready to move on to someplace more secluded.

All of a sudden, he just barely caught a glimpse of something shifting behind the counter of an adjacent store. A student; a girl. He was sure he'd been seen by the occupant of the small hiding place, and dropped his pack on the ground as he sped up his pace.

In her direction.
baby_g†

Post by baby_g† »

Tori noticed Bryan coming towards her. He must have already done a look around the mall and thought it was safe. Maybe he was picking up pace because he wanted to say sorry? Yea, that was it. She wasn't about the let him off the hook that fast.

"Look buddy, You're pissing me off!" She yelled as she placed her blade on the counter and walked towards him. "I'm just as able to take care of myself too. I can do stuff, why don't you cut the whole 'I'm the big guy' shit and let me do some....."

It was just then that Tori realized that the boy running towards her wasn't Bryan at all. A loud, unmistakable, 'bloody murder' scream escaped Tori lips.

fuck.....
Cyco†

Post by Cyco† »

'I don't know what the hell you're talking about,' Jordan thought as he grabbed at the girl, an action he knew full well marked his acceptance of Danya's rules. He would fight alone, now. To survive. Like everyone else.

~~~

Jordan heard a gunshot in the distance, shattering the deathly silence that been settling since he'd left the mountain ranch. He was on his way to the small town in the centre of the island; to the shopping mall, as he had quickly planned en route. Jordan figured that, in the event a student was given a shitty gag weapon like he was, they would look for a suitable replacement. And where better to look than the mall complex. 'It's just common logic,' he'd thought, shrugging.

To be honest, Jordan had been waiting for something to break the silence for a while now; it didn't seem natural that all the kids would call a timeout on the killing and just turn in for the night. The image of the famous cyote and sheepdog from childhood cartoons came to mind, the whistle blowing just before the decisive blow, the two punching out their timecards and walking home with eachother for dinner. He wanted to laugh, but instead he felt a tear rolling down his cheek.

~~~

It wasn't hard to catch the girl as she was turning away, thanks to Jordan's honed grappling skills. He threw one arm around her neck and drew it in, attempting to put her in a headlock. A blade of some kind was resting on the counter beside them, and he reached for it with his one free hand, trying to hold the girl with the other.

'I didn't want to do this,' he thought.
baby_g†

Post by baby_g† »

"LET ME GO!" Tori yelled as he grabbed onto her. Last thing she wanted was a smelling boy putting his hands all over her. He was gross, she was terrified. Tori tried kicking him, but since he was behind her that made it harder. She began to try clawing at him. She could feel her nails graze something, but she couldn't tell what it was. Instictively, her panic caused her to trash about. She wasn't going to let herself be taken out by this creep.

You've got to be shitting me... I'm not seriously going to die like this! Where's Bryan?! Where the fuck is Bryan?! Why didn't he hear my scream? Why'd he have to leave me by myself. He should have known that might happen! I'm sorry! I didn't mean to yell at him, I just, I'm just sick of him leaving me behind!

Other thoughts started running through her mind. Thoughts that any teenaged girl would have. Thoughts about her family, about how people were actually taking this game seriously, about how she thought she'd get married on the beach in the summer.. and of course about dieing a virgin. She wasn't about to let all that go so quickly.

In an attempted to save herself, Tori jabbed her elbow with all her might into the boy's ribs. Quickly she struggled free and jumped over the counter, grabbing the blade on her way down. She had landed awkwardly on her knees making it very painful for when she tried to stand up. She stayed ducked, hoping he'd run away.

It's now or never.....

From behind the counter Tori crouched and swung the blade at his ankle.
Cyco†

Post by Cyco† »

Jordan was able to hold on to her with a bit of effort, that is until she threw an elbow into his ribs, under the arm he was reaching at the blade with. It was well-placed (though surely not intentional), and her attack sent a sharp sting into his ribs, just a little south of his pectorial muscle. She put just enough swing into it without sacrificing the point of the elbow as a striking surface.

"Shit!" he sputtered as the girl skidded over the counter. He tried to pursue her, throwing his reach desperately after her and ending up with a fistful of nothing. She hit the floor, and a second later he felt an immense pain searing through his ankle. Jordan cried in surprise and alarm, misplacing his next step with his other foot and nearly falling over. He caught the counter with his arms and clambored desperately back up to his feet, determined to catch her.
baby_g†

Post by baby_g† »

From his scream, she knew she had gotten him good. It was when she heard him stumbling that she forced herself to stand up, blade ready. She knew this was the time. If she waited, he might grab her again, then she'd really be doomed. There wasn't much going through her head now expect what she'd need to do to survive.

Tori ran around the side of the counter towards him, just as he did her, not even five minutes ago. She took a swift swing of the blade towards him, aimed across his mouth. She had never felt this much controll ever before. She felt like she could take on the whole bloody island!
Cyco†

Post by Cyco† »

Jordan McKiernan suddenly found himself the proud owner of a much wider mouth. The blade cut across his lips in the middle of opening them, and the blinding pain that ensued was indescribable, which is probably why instead of exclaiming any actual words he simply let out a high-pitched whine as he stumbled back from the counter. Blood flowed both into his mouth and onto the floor, and he threw his hands up to touch the hideous wounds, only to pull them away at the horrifying realization as to what she'd done to him. His eyes teared up from the intense stinging and Jordan screamed once more, but this time it was hard for even himself to tell if it were one of pain or immense anger.

"I'll kill you!" he bleated, charging at her in total desperation.

~~~

Bryan had come running the second he'd heard Tori scream, forsaking his not-quite-so thorough sweep of the shopping mall and barrelling full-tilt in her direction. Had he missed one? Had they come in from the entrance? Fuck, it didn't matter, just go go go!

He skidded around the corner and had barely even spotted the intruder when he fired a rushed shot at him, catching the bastard in the leg just as he was making his way towards Tori. The result wasn't pretty.

~~~

Jordan heard the resounding crack of a firing weapon, different from before, and felt another mind-numbing pain surge through his leg, just below the knee-joint. His following step was on a mangled limb that couldn't support him, and there was a wet snap as his leg gave out, tossing him forward like a ragdoll.

His thoughts flew to his venture here. Would someone else hear these shots, too, on their search for allies they would never find? A lone tear broke free from the collecting water under one of his eyes and flew upwards as his head fell towards the solid corner of the counter at--literally--breakneck speed. He was dead before it hit the ground.

B40: JORDAN MCKIERNAN -- DEAD
baby_g†

Post by baby_g† »

It was all happening so fast. After Tori swung at his face, she realized that she actually hit him. She had sliced him clear across the mouth, giving him a more 'clown' like look. His 'smile' literally reached from ear to ear. She had never been so grossed out the by amount of blood that was escaping him. She stood there frozen. As the boy came towards her, she could see it all unfold in front of her. All she had to do was take the blade and shank the bastard in the gut with it. She could finally prove that she was able to do this.

Just as quickly as the plan came to her mind, it was taken away by the arrival of Bryan and his gun. Suddenly, she felt her thigh warm up, as she realized that the loud bang wasn't in her imagination. Bryan had shot the boy in the leg, which made his blood splatter everywhere, including on herself. Tori had heard some stories from her dad about things like this, but never had she ever actually seen it. It was by far the most awful thing she'd ever witnessed.

He came falling towards her, and although she had moved out of the way, she was still close enough to hear the gruesome sound of his neck snapping on the counter top. The sound was comparable to someone snapping a thicker than usual tig. Bits of muscle, bone and flesh were not only on the ground scattered everywhere, but also on her. Trying to compose her disgust and wanting to scream, she turned to Bryan deciding she'd take her anger out on him.

Thank God!

"Took you long enough eh? I hope you're not expecting me to praise you for saving my life! I had it under control!"

Return to “The Mall”